• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

**** the Republicans

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Done with them. I have no idea what Trump can get done. At least he can shed light on the shady dealings of Obama. Lets see where that goes.

The problem has always been and will always be congress. They are just too in debt to special interests and their own re-election cycle.

Without term limits, nothing will get better. I don't know how half of them sleep at night honestly..... they sell out their voters for money for their re-election cycles and think nothing of it. I don't think there is a backbone in the whole congress that isn't up for sale.

We need term limits period for everyone. Even the Supreme Court. I can only see a constitutional convention of the states getting that job done. The **** is as old as politicians serving themselves first.

We need term limits period for everyone. Even the Supreme Court. I can only see a constitutional convention of the states getting that job done. The **** is as old as politicians serving themselves first.

I agree. It has to be a convention of states. And the Republicans control 32 states right now. We are so close to maybe getting something done to tweak the Constitution on a few key points if we can just get the states to do it.

Yeah, I'm sure the states would be better at agreeing. Just because someone has a R governor, doesn't mean they
will side Conservative on a Constitutional issue.

How will Trump have time to look into Obama, with everyone looking into the shady dealings of himself and everyone around him?
Plus he needs to be on a plane by noon most Fridays so he can start his weekends of socializing and golfing in Florida.

Yeah, I'm sure the states would be better at agreeing. Just because someone has a R governor, doesn't mean they
will side Conservative on a Constitutional issue.

How will Trump have time to look into Obama, with everyone looking into the shady dealings of himself and everyone around him?
Plus he needs to be on a plane by noon most Fridays so he can start his weekends of socializing and golfing in Florida.

As I said in a previous thread, in a couple of months, it will be the Donald Show. The President will dictate what gets investigated and who gets ******. It won't be Donald. Deal with it.

It's not like a lot has to be done during a convention of states. There are really only two issues that could be new Constitutional Amendments:

1. Term limits

2. Single-Subject laws

And that's it. Really, is this stuff even a right/left issue anymore? Are you really arguing if a convention of states happened you wouldn't support term limits? There is something like 75% support for it in the country.

Done with them. I have no idea what Trump can get done. At least he can shed light on the shady dealings of Obama. Lets see where that goes.
OK so you are for a dictator. Awesome. ****** guy blames Democrats for the fact that he lost support of Republicans. For even the piece of **** you find on the bottom of your shoe that he is, today is an even lower drop. Beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump is not the answer to our problems right now, but he could be going forward.

He gave the Republicans a chance to save face, they missed their chance. Time now for Trump to start exposing EVERYONE for what they really are, and start building a group of candidates to win in 2018 that will support him. Health care reform is over, move on and don't look back. Hang that failure on every Person who is up for re-election while offering a suggested replacement.

OK so you are for a dictator. Awesome. ****** guy blames Democrats for the fact that he lost support of Republicans. For even the piece of **** you find on the bottom of your shoe that he is, today is an even lower drop. Beautiful.

Oh please, stifle your fake outrage. He was short 10-15 Rep votes, but not a single democrat would have voted for it. So yes, blaming the democrats was a valid statement.

You think blaming the other side is something new? Where were you a-holes when this piece of **** continued to blame the failure of his own healthcare plan on Republicans after it had already passed?

After 8 years of Republican obstruction do you seriously believe the Democrats would play nice. He has the majority and couldn't get his own people on side. Then blames Democrats. Boy that makes sense.

You are projecting. I want my party to pass legislation while we have the hand. Obama passed a big piece of dog **** that we are dealing with right now - remember, the one Pelosi was proud to have not read?

It's a republic dude. You are mad at your own people for not passing the legislation of the President. Like I said would you prefer a dictator.

RHJU1Ra.jpg

KYvswQV.jpg

It's a republic dude. You are mad at your own people for not passing the legislation of the President. Like I said would you prefer a dictator.

No biggie. Come primary election time in two years we can vote a lot of them out.

It was a bad bill and he made a huge mistake putting all of his eggs into that basket. Hopefully he'll learn from this, but I doubt it.

Embarrassing or not, there is no sense passing a bad bill. I am glad it didn't go through. The pre-exisitng conditions portion was enough to not vote in favor of that ****, and there were plenty of other reasons. Repeal and replace is great, but somewhere in there, there should be a goal of making things better.

After 8 years of Republican obstruction do you seriously believe the Democrats would play nice. He has the majority and couldn't get his own people on side. Then blames Democrats. Boy that makes sense.

The Republicans didn't obstruct anything. For Bomma's first two years the Dems had the majority in Congress and after that the Republicans either didn't stop anything or Bomma simply went around them using the regulatory agencies.

I got into an argument last night over this. I'm glad the bill didn't pass, but I also don't like Obamacare. Apparently to liberals, this makes no sense. I said that I have a 6000 deductible, They didn't believe me. Asked me if I was on Obamacare itself. Said that I wasn't, but since it was MANDATORY that I have insurance, that this is the plan my employer offered that I can afford. Told them I already pay a **** ton in taxes and I couldn't afford to pay more for not having insurance. Was told that was untrue as well. Every time I tried explaining MY story which to me IS FACT, my words were spun and twisted and I was basically called a liar who couldn't get her argument straight. It just frustrates me and floors me that people out there don't believe that Obamacare is failing.

I know that reforming health care was a big promise of Trumps. I think he can get it done. But he didn't have to get it done within his first 100 days of office. He still has almost 4 years left in his term.

I got into an argument last night over this. I'm glad the bill didn't pass, but I also don't like Obamacare. Apparently to liberals, this makes no sense. I said that I have a 6000 deductible, They didn't believe me. Asked me if I was on Obamacare itself. Said that I wasn't, but since it was MANDATORY that I have insurance, that this is the plan my employer offered that I can afford. Told them I already pay a **** ton in taxes and I couldn't afford to pay more for not having insurance. Was told that was untrue as well. Every time I tried explaining MY story which to me IS FACT, my words were spun and twisted and I was basically called a liar who couldn't get her argument straight. It just frustrates me and floors me that people out there don't believe that Obamacare is failing.

I know that reforming health care was a big promise of Trumps. I think he can get it done. But he didn't have to get it done within his first 100 days of office. He still has almost 4 years left in his term.
Lynn, as it sounds to me from several of your posts across the board you are not exactly flush with cash. Working hard, trying to get by. I'm very curious to what you would consider to be good Healthcare legislation?