• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is police brutality

Nah, you're about halfway there. But you and OFTB post like Trump is just supposed to ignore all the criminal activity that is going on, give the rioters a cookie, kleenex and tell them its all going to be ok. How about they stop destroying **** and act civilized first?

Yeah that's exactly what we said.

forehead smack

I don't get the live in fear deal. are you saying every black person if pulled over could die? if so I call bullshit. I know the media wants us all to think this but it simply is not true.

I'm saying they live in fear because young black men are under suspicion automatically in a way that young white men are not. If you don't see that I don't know what to tell you.

I'm saying they live in fear because young black men are under suspicion automatically in a way that young white men are not. If you don't see that I don't know what to tell you.

This George Floyd situation doesn't reinforce your assertion at all. If you don't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

My close friend has a black son who is a straight A student and athlete and she has to live in fear that he might die if gets pulled over for a traffic stop. Do you have any conception of what that feels like? Does Trump?

You see this as a rational fear ? Come-on bus, I know different people harbor different fears but that ( might die ) just seems unjustified and way over the top to me. She may need professional counseling...no ?

image.jpg

No. Do you know why? Because when I get pulled over for speeding I'm respectful. That's a problem that starts in the home. Kids need to learn that in the first place, you don't commit crimes. If you do and you get caught, you don't resist arrest. It's extremely rare for someone who obeys the law or doesn't fight the police to be killed by them. It's simple. And it has nothing to do with Trump.

George Floyd lay unresponsive for over two minutes while a cop knelt on his neck. Arbery was shot for the crime of jogging.

For God's sake, no one said Trump is to blame for that I'm saying he could have and show some ******* compassion. He could talk about reforms and changes in attitude that are needed to solve it. It won't prevent everything that's happening, but it would sure as hell be a lot more helpful than what he's doing and tweeting. Yeah, he has to put a stop to the violence too. A leader wouldn't have to pick one.

George Floyd lay unresponsive for over two minutes while a cop knelt on his neck. Arbery was shot for the crime of jogging.

For God's sake, no one said Trump is to blame for that I'm saying he could have and show some ******* compassion. He could talk about reforms and changes in attitude that are needed to solve it. It won't prevent everything that's happening, but it would sure as hell be a lot more helpful than what he's doing and tweeting. Yeah, he has to put a stop to the violence too. A leader wouldn't have to pick one.

Mollie Tibbetts was raped and killed while jogging.

Kate Stenle killed in front of her pops while walking

no rioting.

Mollie Tibbetts was raped and killed while jogging.

Kate Stenle killed in front of her pops while walking

no rioting.

Maybe because Trump offered compassion and action towards solving the problems that led to their deaths?

In any case no one is justifying rioting. But keep changing the subject. I know we must defend dear leader at all costs.

That picture of him holding up a Bible in front of a church that didn't want him there after he had peaceful protesters gassed and shot with rubber bullets to do so at will cost him the presidency.

Last edited:
George Floyd lay unresponsive for over two minutes while a cop knelt on his neck. .

Trump said:

All Americans were rightly sickened and revolted by the brutal death of George Floyd. My administration is fully committed that, for George and his family, justice will be served. He will not have died in vain.

WTF more do you want? Soothing irrational fear is not his responsibility. He's not everyone's parent.

That picture of him holding up a Bible in front of a church that didn't want him there after he had peaceful protesters gassed and shot with rubber bullets to do so at will cost him the presidency.

Yeah, and you said that Trump didn't have a shot at being President. Your track record of being right is only above those of Tibs and Flog.

How anyone who calls themselves a conservative could be ok with peaceful protesters being shot at and gassed so the president can shoot a campaign commercial is beyond me. This is China and North Korea level ****.

Yeah, and you said that Trump didn't have a shot at being President. Your track record of being right is only above those of Tibs and Flog.

Yep, I was wrong, a lot of people were, he lost the popular vote handily and won a few swing states by razor thin margins against one of the most unlikable people in human history. I'm sure mass viral deaths, depression level unemployment and the destruction of our major cities by violent riots will have everyone shouting "Four more years!".

He's not to blame for all of it of course but that won't matter to a lot of people, especially since he acts like an ***.

How anyone who calls themselves a conservative could be ok with peaceful protesters being shot at and gassed so the president can shoot a campaign commercial is beyond me. This is China and North Korea level ****.

They should've moved when they were told three times to vacate the area around the historic church that was set on fire the night before by "protesters."

Judd Deere, the White House's deputy press secretary, gave a statement on Monday to explain the actions against protesters.

"The perimeter was expanded to help enforce the 7 p.m. curfew in the same area where rioters attempted to burn down one of our nation's most historic churches the night before. Protesters were given three warnings by the U.S. Park Police," Deere said

Yep, I was wrong, a lot of people were, he lost the popular vote handily and won a few swing states by razor thin margins against one of the most unlikable people in human history. I'm sure mass viral deaths, depression level unemployment and the destruction of our major cities by violent riots will have everyone shouting "Four more years!".

He's not to blame for all of it of course but that won't matter to a lot of people, especially since he acts like an ***.

He's not to blame for all of it? LOL! Thank you so much for your generosity!

They should've moved when they were told three times to vacate the area around the historic church that was set on fire the night before by "protesters."

Judd Deere, the White House's deputy press secretary, gave a statement on Monday to explain the actions against protesters.

"The perimeter was expanded to help enforce the 7 p.m. curfew in the same area where rioters attempted to burn down one of our nation's most historic churches the night before. Protesters were given three warnings by the U.S. Park Police," Deere said

They have a constitutional right to peaceably assemble. It wasn't 7 0'clock yet.

He's not to blame for all of it? LOL! Thank you so much for your generosity!

Do you not get it? Elections are about "Is your life better now than it was four years ago." He didn't cause these things but he will be judged on how well he has responded to them. How well he led us through them. Spoiler alert...not very well. If you can't see that you are delusional.

No. Do you know why? Because when I get pulled over for speeding I'm respectful. That's a problem that starts in the home. Kids need to learn that in the first place, you don't commit crimes. If you do and you get caught, you don't resist arrest. It's extremely rare for someone who obeys the law or doesn't fight the police to be killed by them. It's simple. And it has nothing to do with Trump.

Didn't Chris Rock make a PSA on How Not to Get Your *** Kicked by the Police?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Not to mention he’s costing himself every shred of goodwill he’s built among the black community the last few years.

Do you not get it? Elections are about "Is your life better now than it was four years ago." He didn't cause these things but he will be judged on how well he has responded to them. How well he led us through them. Spoiler alert...not very well. If you can't see that you are delusional.

You are continuing the argument as if you said something else. Liberal technique. Not very becoming. You said, "He's not to blame for all of it of course but that won't matter to a lot of people, especially since he acts like an ***.". Now you are trying to change that into how he responds to it.

Trump says he is with the peaceful protestors, but then tear gasses them and uses rubber bullets a full 25 minutes before curfew so he could stand on front of a church with a Bible. Im all for preventing the looting, burning, and rioting by any means, but there is a right way to do things. Going to the church did not show any symbol of strength at all and all it did was create more divide. I have not seen anyone back his actions other than to say it was legal and within his powers

Nevermind that the protesters were told for 90 minutes before any tear gas or NLA was used that the section of the park was being closed off at a set time. The officers waited an additional 15 minutes after the cutoff time before they used force to disperse the crowd. If you have no respect for authority and choose not to follow simple instructions, then YOU have made the choice about what happens next. Unfortunately there is are a lot of people in this country that have no concept of personal responsibility or accountability.

Last edited:
You are continuing the argument as if you said something else. Liberal technique. Not very becoming. You said, "He's not to blame for all of it of course but that won't matter to a lot of people, especially since he acts like an ***.". Now you are trying to change that into how he responds to it.

You're using the childish technique of seizing on one turn of phrase and insisting it meant something it wasn't intended to mean. I have said repeatedly he didn't cause these things. Throughout this thread and previously.

He won 3000+ counties and if I'm not mistaken, Hillary didn't crack 100. So, she won LA and NYC and we're supposed to take that as a popular vote mandate for the entire nation? Thank God the Founders were wise and gave us an electoral college.

Think about that? Do we want these areas that are on fire determining the POTUS every 4 years with their packed like sardines values?

But the problem for the rest of the country now is that many of these people are leaving and taking their values with them DESPITE "getting mugged" by their municipalities and social upheaval in these places.

It's like the old saying, "a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged." I say if you flee these areas, don't bring the values with you and replicate your hell in other areas of the country turning them purple.

Last edited:
My close friend has a black son who is a straight A student and athlete and she has to live in fear that he might die if gets pulled over for a traffic stop.

We agree on nearly every issue but this one. The hook is set with you. You've taken the bait. You believe the lie. I'm sorry but what you "see" is the fabrication the media's fed you for years and years. That Kaepernick drove. That's based on pure, utter statistical manipulation.

It's time the nation corrected the lie. It is an outright statistical lie that Black Americans die more at the hands of police. They use "as a percentage" to hoodwink you.

Fact: 13% of the population (blacks) commits the overwhelming % of crimes and face police FAR more often in potential gun-drawn situations
Fact: In absolute #s, double the number of white people are killed by police every year - in both armed and unarmed situations
Fact: African Americans have far MORE encounters with police in violent situations.
Fact: A white man is STATISTICALLY more likely to die at the hands of a cop in an altercation with police than an African American is

Don't buy the "as a percentage" bullshit. Unless you're willing to say "as a %" they commit 70% of the violent crimes as well.

102887812_10220267065799318_7091277411295166464_o.jpg

I'm all for protesting. For a cause that's real. Not one that is a farce. The young black man I mentor....he's been at my house since Saturday. He's sitting literally 3 feet behind me taking a Zoom class right now. The other African American we housed, my older son's friend, left yesterday after being with us for the weekend and fishing and grilling and playing Rummikub.

I am sympathetic to all humans. I extend myself to help others in need - whether its a broken appliance in their home or broken parents in their home.

But I won't protest for a "lie."

This "police brutality against African Americans" is a distortion twisted to get us right here...where we are today.

Nevermind that the protesters were told for 90 minutes before any tear gas or NLA was used that the section of the park was being closed off at a set time. The officers waited an additional 15 minutes after the cutoff time before they used force to disperse the crowd. If you have no respect for authority and no choose not to follow simple instructions, then YOU have made the choice about what happens next. Unfortunately there is are a lot of people in this country that have no concept of personal responsibility or accountability.

And you think that has helped the situation? Will it help calm these riots? Did putting these officers' lives at risk do anything useful at all except help Trump create propaganda to pander to his supporters?

We agree on nearly every issue but this one. The hook is set with you. You've taken the bait. You believe the lie. I'm sorry but what you "see" is the fabrication the media's fed you for years and years. That Kaepernick drove. That's based on pure, utter statistical manipulation.

It's time the nation corrected the lie. It is an outright statistical lie that Black Americans die more at the hands of police. They use "as a percentage" to hoodwink you.

Fact: 13% of the population (blacks) commits the overwhelming % of crimes and face police FAR more often in potential gun-drawn situations
Fact: In absolute #s, double the number of white people are killed by police every year - in both armed and unarmed situations
Fact: African Americans have far MORE encounters with police in violent situations.
Fact: A white man is STATISTICALLY more likely to die at the hands of a cop in an altercation with police than an African American is

Don't buy the "as a percentage" bullshit. Unless you're willing to say "as a %" they commit 70% of the violent crimes as well.

102887812_10220267065799318_7091277411295166464_o.jpg

I'm all for protesting. For a cause that's real. Not one that is a farce. The young black man I mentor....he's been at my house since Saturday. He's sitting literally 3 feet behind me taking a Zoom class right now. The other African American we housed, my older son's friend, left yesterday after being with us for the weekend and fishing and grilling and playing Rummikub.

I am sympathetic to all humans. I extend myself to help others in need - whether its a broken appliance in their home or broken parents in their home.

But I won't protest for a "lie."

This "police brutality against African Americans" is a distortion twisted to get us right here...where we are today.

Tim I have seen racist treatment of young black men firsthand and I know where you live you have too.

All I am saying is look into our hearts (and the president should look into his) and try to understand and have compassion for the pain and fear that is out there. It is very real. Some of it may be irrational fear but that's the problem with fear. The rational can bleed into irrational and it can be very hard to know where the line is.

It that means I'm "believing the lie" so be it.

He thinks he can bully his way out of this and all it's going to do is incite more violence. He needs to convey to African Americans that he understands their pain and outrage and that he is going to do something about it. But he's incapable of seeing past his own ego to do that.

The emperor has no clothes my friends. History will not be kind to him on this.

Won't make a difference in the world what Trump or anyone else says. The bulk majority of these violent rioters have the expectation that they can do what they want, when they want, with no accountability for their actions. Nothing that Obama, Trump, Oprah, or anyone else says is going to change that. When BLM uses a "victim" that led police on a 40 minute high speed chase, damaging numerous vehicles and people, then gets out and shoots at officers before being killed by a black officer as one of their martyrs it only shows how delusional they are. Police in Indy hugged and marched with protesters last night, after curfew mind you, and Indy BLM posted a statement saying that they will "never hug the enemy." These are the same folks that say they want to be treated equally and fairly by police...yeah, great way to start that discussion.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/indianapolis/2020/06/01/indianapolis-protests-police-demonstrators-walk-together/5313988002/

Last edited: