• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thoughts on the game

I had a whole reply typed up then i remembered our past conversations about Mason and your borderline unhealthy stalker's love for him and decided to go with my past response.

Your so pretty!
As you sit in the corner and crank one out to your self autographed poster of Kenny Pickett in his Blue and Gold Pitt uniform. :sneaky:

As you sit in the corner and crank one out to your self autographed poster of Kenny Pickett in his Blue and Gold Pitt uniform. :sneaky:
He hasn't obsessed over Kenny so that is a dumb analogy. As you like dumb to be thrown around.

Now everyone could believe you rotating hands as you continually masturbate over your Red Nosed third stringers highschool graduation pictures. Yelling wee wee wee like you are the pig in the Geico commercial.

Mason had years of practice on the team to learn and get ready (not to mention getting to watch and learn from a HOF QB). Pickett got thrown to the wolves due to Tomlins plan being spur of the moment (at least that's how it seemed). Also Kenny did show improvement as the season progressed. Mason is just Mason. He didn't really get worse but he didn't get better either.

Free agency is still the ultimate truth. If the guy was worth something in this league he would be on another team. It would have cost next to nothing for 31 other teams to take a flyer on him and yet nobody did. Josh Dobbs is starting right now and Mason Rudolph is a 3rd stringer! That's a hell of a indictment on the guy right there. lets not even get into who the 2nd string QB's in the league are ahead of him. And every single one of those teams could have had Mason for pretty cheap yet they didn't.

And he came back to a team that he felt wronged him last year and still signed knowing he would be a 3rd stringer and probably not even suit up this year barring injury. I mean what else do we need to say about this guy other than I'm surprised he is even back with the team.
Free agency is not an ultimate truth. If that was the case guys like Doug Flutie, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Mark Brunell, Jake Delhomme, etc would never have amounted to a hill of beans.

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%1DSucc%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsSk%NY/AANY/A4QCGWDAVAwards
199924NORQB9221-1-0427655.352133.956.62440.2516.94.712.4260.562.46427.35.843.83102
200227NORQB124081080.011300.000.0450.05411.311.314.128.3113.7000.011.3011.300
That guy above sucks. He went from 1999 to 2002 and got all that practice but couldn't get on the field with the likes of Billy Joe Tolliver and Billy Joe Holbert in front of him.

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%1DSucc%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsSk%NY/AANY/A4QCGWDAVAwards
199827STLQB101041136.43900.000.0227.3213.53.59.839.047.2000.03.553.550
This guy had Tony Banks in front of him after bouncing around the league like your mom at a truck stop. Geesh. SUCKS!
YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%1DSucc%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateSkYdsSk%NY/AANY/A4QCGWDAVAwards
198722MINQB16402633.31800.0116.7123.0-4.59.04.52.8000.03.00-4.500
198823MINQB163071546.79000.000.0196.06.012.930.066.032216.73.783.780
198924MINQB1600000000000
199025MINQB1614125-7-018234952.12278164.6164.6786.55.412.5162.768.9341888.95.464.41228
This guy couldn't beat out Tommy Kramer and Wade Wilson! BUM

Here are the facts. Rudolph did not get a chance. Pickett has not received a chance but has received much more of a chance so far. Those are facts. Not subjective. Those are objective facts. I don't care if Rudolph gets a shot. Unless he gets one here then I will root for him as loud as I am currently for Pickett. The obsession is with the people who ignore all the red flags of Pickett and just bash Rudolph who by all accounts has played better than Pickett. Again, statistical facts. And I really don't care who is the QB as long as they are playing good and we are winning. But I don't think Mitch or Rudolph are in the teams long term plans. Maybe I am wrong but I just don't think they are. So our best chance for long term success is for Pickett to turn his horse :poop: play around and start putting us in positions to win. I will give him three years. That isn't a magic number. Just a number where I will either decide he can be our guy or we need to look in another direction. Just my personal opinion of how long it should take to see if a guy can play at this level.

Free agency is not an ultimate truth. If that was the case guys like Doug Flutie, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Mark Brunell, Jake Delhomme, etc would never have amounted to a hill of beans.
Please, not the Flutie/Moon/Brunell/etc. argument which I already debunked weeks or months ago.

Please God, not again.

Just too many excuses for KP.

KP's 2nd interception on Sunday was so bad that it wouldn't matter if Bill Walsh was our OC.

My biggest concern is that almost all of the young QB's that have become bona fide stars (Herbert, Burrow, Lamar) all have flashed some Elite qualities, albeit inconsistently. We have yet to see this from KP outside of a throw or two. So why are people so confident in his ability?

Better question, if we cut KP today, how many teams do you think would have him competing for a starting role? Maybe the Jets b/c of Rodgers injury, but would they want another question mark at QB, when the one they have (Zach) is still younger than KP?

I was just stating the facts of the current NFL. Stationary qbs are just not welcome right now… front office guys see it as too limiting on offensive coordinators…

Especially when a team as a HIGH END offensive coordinator they don’t want to hold back…….. Like O’Canada for example…

Salute the nation

Mason got enough of a look. That is their evaluation of him that they decided to move on. If other teams thought he was given an incompetent look he would be a backup or starter elsewhere. But what they saw from him they obviously wasn't thrilled with either.

These are the true facts of the situation.
I think like others said it was simply mobility. He wouldn't survive running this **** show offense. Not sure anyone will.

Meh QBs traditionally spawn diverse opinions… I still know guys that think Ben was terrible and held us back… there were both people that liked and hated Kordell, O’Donnell, all of em.. even Bradshaw… and to some, backup qbs are always better options…
The only thing about Ben that held us back was salary and that is true of any franchise QB.

I think like others said it was simply mobility. He wouldn't survive running this **** show offense. Not sure anyone will.
Uhuh so what prevented a better offensive line team from signing him?

Let me help yinz.😉

Nothing.

Please, not the Flutie/Moon/Brunell/etc. argument which I already debunked weeks or months ago.

Please God, not again.
Look at all his opinions he manifested into facts. He can't grasp that a FO doesn't have to give the exact amount of reps to decide what they see in a QB. He loves to tell everyone what is stupid but he doesn't grasp the simple. Then he repeats his dumb *** **** , tell me that isn't cooch type behavior. They could be twins

Uhuh so what prevented a better offensive line team from signing him?

Let me help yinz.😉

Nothing.
Nobody is looking for the type of QB he is. Everyone is enamored with the mobile QB at least to a degree. Mason is a throwback and while I think he may be the best pure passer on the team, as I have said repeatedly even in my defense of him it is his lack of lateral agility and short area quickness that is keeping him from getting a shot at starting anywhere. The league has passed his skill set by. But he does have a skill set and would have been right at home in the 70's and 80's leading a team as a pure drop back passer with a good run game throwing bombs.

Nobody is looking for the type of QB he is. Everyone is enamored with the mobile QB at least to a degree. Mason is a throwback and while I think he may be the best pure passer on the team, as I have said repeatedly even in my defense of him it is his lack of lateral agility and short area quickness that is keeping him from getting a shot at starting anywhere. The league has passed his skill set by. But he does have a skill set and would have been right at home in the 70's and 80's leading a team as a pure drop back passer with a good run game throwing bombs.
He can't consistently throw into tight windows. He isn't mobile. He can be inaccurate. I don't know about the 70s but in today's NFL his lack of mobility gets him flustered leading to more errant passes and INTs. If he could thread the needle and was highly accurate and not prone to turnovers he would have a backup or starting gig.

Sorry his immobility isn't the only thing holding him back. And I don't dislike him. I like his arm strength and deep ball capabilities. But that isn't enough for me to want to see more. Apparently it isn't enough for other teams to want to see more either.

you don't dislike him? really?
Really. I don't need to pretend he is more than what he is to like him. I like him as a third string QB. I like him as a veteran over an undrafted rookie.

If people didn't throw out that cockamamie crap about him not getting a fair shake, I probably wouldn't even comment on the guy. Most of the time I even say something it is off Ford snowflaking over him.

I never threw away his training camp autographed picture. I just don't tape it to my ceiling.

Here should be a fun one for everyone. There’s 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL. That includes Zach Wilson now. Where do you rank Kenny Pickett. I would say 31st ahead of Josh Dobbs. And not by a lot considering Dobbs was traded days ago and expected to start. Can you argue with that? Who is he better than? Honestly. This should be good for a laugh.

Here should be a fun one for everyone. There’s 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL. That includes Zach Wilson now. Where do you rank Kenny Pickett. I would say 31st ahead of Josh Dobbs. And not by a lot considering Dobbs was traded days ago and expected to start. Can you argue with that? Who is he better than? Honestly. This should be good for a laugh.
that is more than a bit harsh

while stats are far from the story they do play a part

he threw for more yards 21 of them and had a better completion % than about them.

he is not elite and he may not be in the very good category right now, but he is not too close to being the worst starter in the league

oh and remember that is from a guy who did not want to draft KP

who said he was only hyped here because he went to Pitt

I am not drinking the Kenny Kool-aid

but I do have hope that he will improve over last season

as I said on Stryker's vidcast, right now he is somewhere below Brister on the list of Steeler QBs

but that doesn't mean he couldn't be better than Tommy Gun and O'Donnell by mid season

and also as I stated on the vidcast

rudy stinks on ice

He hasn't obsessed over Kenny so that is a dumb analogy. As you like dumb to be thrown around.

Now everyone could believe you rotating hands as you continually masturbate over your Red Nosed third stringers highschool graduation pictures. Yelling wee wee wee like you are the pig in the Geico commercial.
I’m thinking more like the scene from Deliverance.

Finally something I agree with.

Your post is good for a laugh.

he threw for more yards 21 of them and had a better completion % than about them.

he is not elite and he may not be in the very good category right now, but he is not too close to being the worst starter in the league
Who is he better than?

Again while I don’t think Pickett is going to be josh Allen… Remember that after his first game in his second year, the fans and media started suggesting he be traded because they lost faith… he definitely didn’t take a step forward that second year… but year 3 he shined…

Mostly the pickett talk is knee jerk reaction… if he has a great game next week then the guys who hated the pick will slink off and the pickett fans will be irrationally saying they told us so…

Its too early to make any definitive statements about him. Especially with the way the passing game is built right now