• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thoughts on the game

Again while I don’t think Pickett is going to be josh Allen… Remember that after his first game in his second year, the fans and media started suggesting he be traded because they lost faith… he definitely didn’t take a step forward that second year… but year 3 he shined…

Mostly the pickett talk is knee jerk reaction… if he has a great game next week then the guys who hated the pick will slink off and the pickett fans will be irrationally saying they told us so…

Its too early to make any definitive statements about him. Especially with the way the passing game is built right now
Most rational fans are taking this stance. As this really is the bottom line because slash stone cold says so.

😁

Just too many excuses for KP.

KP's 2nd interception on Sunday was so bad that it wouldn't matter if Bill Walsh was our OC.

My biggest concern is that almost all of the young QB's that have become bona fide stars (Herbert, Burrow, Lamar) all have flashed some Elite qualities, albeit inconsistently. We have yet to see this from KP outside of a throw or two. So why are people so confident in his ability?
Why? Because he is a Pitt product that plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers. If Pickett played like this for the Browns, the folks defending him so vehemently would be the same one’s laughing at the Browns for drafting him.

Free agency is not an ultimate truth. If that was the case guys like Doug Flutie, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Mark Brunell, Jake Delhomme, etc would never have amounted to a hill of beans.

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%1DSucc%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsSk%NY/AANY/A4QCGWDAVAwards
199924NORQB9221-1-0427655.352133.956.62440.2516.94.712.4260.562.46427.35.843.83102
200227NORQB124081080.011300.000.0450.05411.311.314.128.3113.7000.011.3011.300
That guy above sucks. He went from 1999 to 2002 and got all that practice but couldn't get on the field with the likes of Billy Joe Tolliver and Billy Joe Holbert in front of him.

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%1DSucc%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsSk%NY/AANY/A4QCGWDAVAwards
199827STLQB101041136.43900.000.0227.3213.53.59.839.047.2000.03.553.550
This guy had Tony Banks in front of him after bouncing around the league like your mom at a truck stop. Geesh. SUCKS!
YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%1DSucc%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateSkYdsSk%NY/AANY/A4QCGWDAVAwards
198722MINQB16402633.31800.0116.7123.0-4.59.04.52.8000.03.00-4.500
198823MINQB163071546.79000.000.0196.06.012.930.066.032216.73.783.780
198924MINQB1600000000000
199025MINQB1614125-7-018234952.12278164.6164.6786.55.412.5162.768.9341888.95.464.41228
This guy couldn't beat out Tommy Kramer and Wade Wilson! BUM

Here are the facts. Rudolph did not get a chance. Pickett has not received a chance but has received much more of a chance so far. Those are facts. Not subjective. Those are objective facts. I don't care if Rudolph gets a shot. Unless he gets one here then I will root for him as loud as I am currently for Pickett. The obsession is with the people who ignore all the red flags of Pickett and just bash Rudolph who by all accounts has played better than Pickett. Again, statistical facts. And I really don't care who is the QB as long as they are playing good and we are winning. But I don't think Mitch or Rudolph are in the teams long term plans. Maybe I am wrong but I just don't think they are. So our best chance for long term success is for Pickett to turn his horse :poop: play around and start putting us in positions to win. I will give him three years. That isn't a magic number. Just a number where I will either decide he can be our guy or we need to look in another direction. Just my personal opinion of how long it should take to see if a guy can play at this level.
Your so Pretty!

KP's 2nd interception on Sunday was so bad that it wouldn't matter if Bill Walsh was our OC.

My biggest concern is that almost all of the young QB's that have become bona fide stars (Herbert, Burrow, Lamar) all have flashed some Elite qualities, albeit inconsistently. We have yet to see this from KP outside of a throw or two. So why are people so confident in his ability?

Better question, if we cut KP today, how many teams do you think would have him competing for a starting role? Maybe the Jets b/c of Rodgers injury, but would they want another question mark at QB, when the one they have (Zach) is still younger than KP?
Oh I am by no means sticking up for or even saying Pickett is the guy. I think they rolled the dice on him and to be honest there is nobody in this current regime that has a record of drafting and developing QB's. They struck out on a few so who knows what they saw in Kenny. And to be 100% honest I am not that sure that his ceiling is any higher than a bottom tier starter. He seems to have some good leadership qualities and things like that. Those alone will not get you very far. You need those qualities mixed with god given talent and other intangibles. I personally do not think Kenny will end up being a star. I hope I am wrong on that but if you had to bet today based on everything i would say the smarter money would be on him being average. The one thing i will stick up for for him and would for just about any QB is that he is definitely not getting any help here when it comes to coaching and scheme.

Your so Pretty!
Ah, is the little girl butt hurt because the facts hurt her feelings? Just like ignored member slashsteel who when slapped in the face with facts would post a nonsensical reply with a childish retort with no statistical data. Just some subjective rhetoric that brings nothing to the conversation. Bring something to the table if you are going to defend your position. Otherwise, you just look like a whiney b_tch.

Why? Because he is a Pitt product that plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers. If Pickett played like this for the Browns, the folks defending him so vehemently would be the same one’s laughing at the Browns for drafting him.
Nobody really is overly defending Pickett. He had a ****** game.

I could give a **** less what the clowns do. That is for clowns fans to harp on what the Steelers do. We are more concerned with our own.

Most are taking a wait and see approach. I know that is lost on some fans who want to stick the pitch fork in him.

Again it is a wait and see, unless you are Nostradamus that is the approach to take.

Ah, is the little girl butt hurt because the facts hurt her feelings? Just like ignored member slashsteel who when slapped in the face with facts would post a nonsensical reply with a childish retort with no statistical data. Just some subjective rhetoric that brings nothing to the conversation. Bring something to the table if you are going to defend your position. Otherwise, you just look like a whiney b_tch.
Your interpretation of facts patch isn't reality. Yeah ignore me but mention me we know who is the ***** here.

Oh my feelings are hurt let me put this guy and this guy and this guy on ignore

Yeah you clueless ***** made GM wannabe. Stick to your day job, you suck as a poster.

Better question, if we cut KP today, how many teams do you think would have him competing for a starting role? Maybe the Jets b/c of Rodgers injury, but would they want another question mark at QB, when the one they have (Zach) is still younger than KP?
If Pickett was a Brown, Raven, Bengal, Chief, Patriot, etc this board would be going off on what a bum he is and how the team is screwed. But even when slapped in the face with the facts that a 6 week younger Mason Rudolph in his second year played better than Pickett has they can't get past their hate for the third string QB. And they can't get past their unbridled love for Kenny Pickett. And the thing is I really hope Pickett turns it around. Because the team needs him to. But I have only seen tiny glimpses of play that makes me believe he can be the guy. I hope I see more and more as the season goes on but that first game was a :poop: show. Most of his stats came in garbage time. If you take that out of the stat line was an abysmal performance. So instead of pretending like he is the next hall of fame QB for the team lets give him time and see what happens. Something we should have done with Rudolph and DIDN'T. Hopefully, we can learn from our mistakes and hopefully Kenny will do the same and develop into the QB we need him to.

If Pickett was a Brown, Raven, Bengal, Chief, Patriot, etc this board would be going off on what a bum he is and how the team is screwed. But even when slapped in the face with the facts that a 6 week younger Mason Rudolph in his second year played better than Pickett has they can't get past their hate for the third string QB. And they can't get past their unbridled love for Kenny Pickett. And the thing is I really hope Pickett turns it around. Because the team needs him to. But I have only seen tiny glimpses of play that makes me believe he can be the guy. I hope I see more and more as the season goes on but that first game was a :poop: show. Most of his stats came in garbage time. If you take that out of the stat line was an abysmal performance. So instead of pretending like he is the next hall of fame QB for the team lets give him time and see what happens. Something we should have done with Rudolph and DIDN'T. Hopefully, we can learn from our mistakes and hopefully Kenny will do the same and develop into the QB we need him to.
😭

Rudy Rudy Rudy

This guy is obsessed.

Kenny> than the red nosed third stringer

Fact!

Here should be a fun one for everyone. There’s 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL. That includes Zach Wilson now. Where do you rank Kenny Pickett. I would say 31st ahead of Josh Dobbs. And not by a lot considering Dobbs was traded days ago and expected to start. Can you argue with that? Who is he better than? Honestly. This should be good for a laugh.
I see your point. Nobody can ever top Mason Rudolph 🤣

Your So Pretty!

Here should be a fun one for everyone. There’s 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL. That includes Zach Wilson now. Where do you rank Kenny Pickett. I would say 31st ahead of Josh Dobbs. And not by a lot considering Dobbs was traded days ago and expected to start. Can you argue with that? Who is he better than? Honestly. This should be good for a laugh.

The better question than the one asked would be there are 31 other starting QB's in this league and how many of them would be successful running the exact same system and plays called under Canada and Tomlin. Would Kenny be successful on another team. That's the questions that might have better answers and really make you go hmm.

The better question than the one asked would be there are 31 other starting QB's in this league and how many of them would be successful running the exact same system and plays called under Canada and Tomlin. Would Kenny be successful on another team. That's the questions that might have better answers and really make you go hmm.
Stop making sense we will have none of it.

I said starting QB's. Best QB on this roster is a whole nother debate.

So who is he better than? Give me your list.

damn there certainly is a whiny ***** in this thread

rudy had a shot

he showed he was decent at having FG ending drives, but not so good at delivering TDs once inside the 30

this love for a so-so QB is quite illogical

KP is currently the starting QB for this team.

he is going to get a long look this season, barring injury

Yes he looked bad Sunday, but some top tier QBs also looked pretty bad. Burrow and Allen were terrible Mahomes was rather pedestrian in his loss

Hell there is a long list of QBs who looked liked ****, some even won their games because the QB on the other side was worse

it is week one of a long season.

rudy is not the man

Hopefulyy KP can show he is

I said starting QB's. Best QB on this roster is a whole nother debate.

So who is he better than? Give me your list.
1 Rudy the red nosed third stringer
2 Rudy the backup if an injury occured
3 Rudy the starter if two injuries occured
4 We now send you back to your pretend ignore feature you twatwaffling tweety bird.

I look forward to your chirping about Rudy in a plethora of nonsensical posts.

I tawt I saw a putty tat I did I did.

I would guess 31 of them would be more successful. I highly doubt they would be throwing 3 yards behind receivers and throwing into double coverage or just dumping down 90% of the passes. Quit making excuses. Guys were open and Kenny missed them.

I would guess 31 of them would be more successful. I highly doubt they would be throwing 3 yards behind receivers and throwing into double coverage or just dumping down 90% of the passes. Quit making excuses. Guys were open and Kenny missed them.
Your So Pretty!

Facts are Kenny played much better the second half of the season last year and had a lights out preseason. He had a horrendous first game but so did alot of QBs especially Allen and Burrow. The team ran into a buzz saw got behind early and it just steamrolled. Some was coaching, some was QB play, some was bad defense all around. Every aspect of the Steelers was bad. If they don't look much improved Monday night i will start to get alittle concerned. I'm not basing the season or Picketts struggled against one of the best teams and defenses in the league

damn there certainly is a whiny ***** in this thread

rudy had a shot

he showed he was decent at having FG ending drives, but not so good at delivering TDs once inside the 30
But in 384 attempts Rudolph has 16 tds. In 435 attempts Pickett has half with 8 tds. How do you explain this using objective reasoning and statistical facts?
this love for a so-so QB is quite illogical
What? Your and a large portion of this boards illogical love for Pickett? I am not saying Rudolph is the answer. In fact I am saying there's really no point in playing him as he is only under contract one year and does not appear to be in the teams long term interest. I am just stating that statistically speaking he was a much better QB than Pickett is at this point.
KP is currently the starting QB for this team.
Yes, I have not argued that. I have in fact said we need to give him time. He needs this year and next to see if he can be the guy. I have just again pointed out he has under performed when you statistically compare him to Rudolph. Or most franchise QBs drafted in round one in the last 15 years.
he is going to get a long look this season, barring injury
Read above.
Yes he looked bad Sunday, but some top tier QBs also looked pretty bad. Burrow and Allen were terrible Mahomes was rather pedestrian in his loss
He did and so did other QBs. I have stated he needs to get better. I will compare his first 4 games to his 5-8 games and then his first half to his second half. I want to see consistent improvement.
Hell there is a long list of QBs who looked liked ****, some even won their games because the QB on the other side was worse
Yes. Especially young QBs. But even Josh Allen had a 3 passing td two rushing td with a 115 qb rating and 95 rushing yard game by now. You saw the potential. All I have saw from Pickett is the ability to be a game manager. Nothing wrong with that. Just not what you hope for from a first round QB. So lets hope he gets better.
it is week one of a long season.
Yes, and how long of a season depends on how Pickett plays.
rudy is not the man
See above.
Hopefulyy KP can show he is
Yes. That is what we are all hoping for. I hope this week he throws for 3 touchdowns and no interceptions with 250 yards passing in route to a Browns butt kicking.

Your So Pretty!
You're about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. Only the people who can't argue fact like slashsteel would post something so moronic. I am starting to think that you are just a second login for him to use so it seems like there's two complete morons on this board and not just one. And to probably use to agree/like with his moronic non factual based comments.

Are we talking about Mason Freaking Rudolph as our savior, I don't post here much but this has got to be one of the dumbest takes I've seen in a while. I mean seriously any QB is going to suck when Matt Canada can't game plan himself out of a wet paper bag. How long has it been since the Steelers have actually had a 400 yard offensive day, but come on Mason Rudolph is the answer??????