• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trade Deadline approaching

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Rumors are the Vikings, Broncos, Panthers and Colts may be having some fire sales.

Wildest trade I can imagine would be for us to send DJ and Chuks to the Vikings for Jefferson. Pipe dream, but the money works out.

edit - i know full damn well we won't be players at the trade deadline. but this would be a super nice get for us - and beneficial for the Vikings, too.

Last edited:
Rumors are the Vikings, Broncos, Panthers and Colts may be having some fire sales.

Wildest trade I can imagine would be for us to send DJ and Chuks to the Vikings for Jefferson. Pipe dream, but the money works out.

edit - i know full damn well we won't be players at the trade deadline. but this would be a super nice get for us - and beneficial for the Vikings, too.
Man you on that good herb!!!

Who can we trade to the Browns for 10 future 1st round picks?

I'd be looking to get Patrick Surtain from Denver though...don't know what it would take but I'm about done w/ Pat Peterson...
I don't even think Pat Pete is the worst Steelers corner but yeah he isn't a reliable outside capable anymore.

I'd be looking to get Patrick Surtain from Denver though...don't know what it would take but I'm about done w/ Pat Peterson...

If we were actually going to make a big trade this would be the one I would be most interested in as well. Could end up being a Minkah like trade (i.e., good upside for high dividends).

I don't even think Pat Pete is the worst Steelers corner but yeah he isn't a reliable outside capable anymore.

For me, Wallace is the worst CB we have. At least Pat P can shift to safety etc and somewhat reduce the negative impact that has come with him losing a couple steps. Wallace has no use as CB or anywhere else on the field.

For me, Wallace is the worst CB we have. At least Pat P can shift to safety etc and somewhat reduce the negative impact that has come with him losing a couple steps. Wallace has no use as CB or anywhere else on the field.
Yep exactly what I was referencing. Somewhere along the line Wallace turned from a serviceable to a shiit starter.

If we were actually going to make a big trade this would be the one I would be most interested in as well. Could end up being a Minkah like trade (i.e., good upside for high dividends).
I've read the Broncos are basically saying no to trading Surtain, but you never know. I'd offer up the same deal they did for Fitzpatrick. A duo of Surtain/Porter Jr. moving forward would be huge for this defense. Brian O'Neill is another player that is unrealistic but would love to have. He's a really good right tackle that doesn't get much recognition.

rnd 2, 4 Wallace for Surtian. Would consider bringing Gentry and Watt back, Heyward is not a single back lead blocker

They want multiple firsts plus. if you could send a single first and a player or lesser pick, id do it, but they aren’t moving him for less than an overpayment to help with the rebuild

I've read the Broncos are basically saying no to trading Surtain, but you never know. I'd offer up the same deal they did for Fitzpatrick. A duo of Surtain/Porter Jr. moving forward would be huge for this defense. Brian O'Neill is another player that is unrealistic but would love to have. He's a really good right tackle that doesn't get much recognition.
You could have every defensive player a pro bowl caliber guy. You would win games but this offense needs fix first.

You could have every defensive player a pro bowl caliber guy. You would win games but this offense needs fix first.
The offensive line could use a center or right tackle, two positions you can find quality talent outside of the first round. The same could be said about a receiver. Outside of those three positions, what else would the Steelers be looking for on offense? QB, RB, WR1, LT, LG, RG, TE1, TE2 all have high draft picks or high-priced free agents in place. They need a new offensive coordinator and new scheme.

Even with the needs on offense, I think CB will be the top need heading into the draft.

Who can we trade to the Browns for 10 future 1st round picks?

I’ve been cruising that bar parking lot where cooooch’s last spot with his luxury vehicle was known to be parked, it wasn’t there but the chain was still there that secured it to a light post.

If anyone comes across him, send up a smoke signal so as I can obtain his services for the big trade & picks.

Salute the nation

The offensive line could use a center or right tackle, two positions you can find quality talent outside of the first round. The same could be said about a receiver. Outside of those three positions, what else would the Steelers be looking for on offense? QB, RB, WR1, LT, LG, RG, TE1, TE2 all have high draft picks or high-priced free agents in place. They need a new offensive coordinator and new scheme.

Even with the needs on offense, I think CB will be the top need heading into the draft.

Could we get anything for O’Canada, seriously ? Tomlin doesn’t have the gonads to do it, but I would if there was something legitimate out there.

Salute the nation

In such a scenario, your guy Wallace would be the odd man out. Peterson has been bad, but Wallace has been turrribull!

If I were to make an offer it would be for Andre James Raiders. Free agent next year on a team that is probably rebuilding next year. Would be an upgrade at center and maybe a long term upgrade if we can resign him.