• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trucker Boycott of NCY and Liberal Cities

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Supposed to start tomorrow. If so, this is GREAT.

"F**k Around & Find Out": Truckers Warn Loads To NYC Will Be Rejected Starting Monday​

Trending on X this morning:

2024-02-18_10-45-59.png

Google search trends for "trucker boycott" surging across nation:

And "boycott NYC"...

"I'm a trucker, and I stand with the boycott. Time to show the corrupt we run this country. Not them," one X user said.

Besides New York City, truckers on X call for drivers to boycott liberal cities.

"Liberals laugh at the thought of a trucker boycott of NYC. A few years ago, a trucker boycott brought the state of Colorado to its knees. MAGA patriots make this country run. Liberals make our coffee," another X user said.

What happens if trucks stopped?

GGkEUPSWgAA-8RS.jpg

Some American truckers appear to be adopting strategies similar to those used by European farmers in their fight against progressive elites aiming to shut down their farms.

Truck drivers transport between 70% to 73% of all freight in the United States. Therefore, when truckers begin discussing plans on social media to boycott loads to progressive hellhole New York City, it's important to pay attention.

X user Chicago1Ray, who appears to be a Midwest truck driver, shared a video late Friday night detailing that a number of truck drivers will begin denying loads to NYC on Monday.

"I don't know how far across the country this is - or how many truckers are going start denying loads to NYC - but I'll tell you - you f**k around and find out," Chicago1Ray said.

He continued: "We're tired of motherf**king leftist f**king with Trump. Okay ... Motherfu**ers start to get tired of this ****. Our bosses aren't going to care if we deny loads. We'll go somewhere else."

"You know how hard it is to get in and out of NYC?" the trucker emphasized.

By Saturday morning, the video had amassed nearly 3 million views. This comes after a New York judge handed former President Trump a penalty of $355 million plus interest on his civil fraud case.

Here's what X users are saying about the potential trucker boycott of NYC:

Trucks are powered by fossil fuels that Liberals hate, soooo….
Reginald Denny approves this message.

"If you got it, a truck brought it."
Read that slogan somewhere, must have been on a truck.

Let’s see what happens. It all comes down to IF drivers can get other loads or can afford to take a couple weeks off.

My nephew runs loads between NYC and Chicago. He and 5 other drivers told their company to find different loads to red States or they felt the flubug coming on. He dropped his rig and trailer in their yard in Indiana this mornin. It doesn’t have anything perishable, so it can sit till they find another driver to take it on to NYC. Since they are already short 6-8 drivers as it is, it could be some time. He said the others would be return to the yard today and tomorrow.

The drivers can absolutely cripple anyone they want, as long as they can afford to not roll for a while.

Let’s see what happens. It all comes down to IF drivers can get other loads or can afford to take a couple weeks off.

My nephew runs loads between NYC and Chicago. He and 5 other drivers told their company to find different loads to red States or they felt the flubug coming on. He dropped his rig and trailer in their yard in Indiana this mornin. It doesn’t have anything perishable, so it can sit till they find another driver to take it on to NYC. Since they are already short 6-8 drivers as it is, it could be some time. He said the others would be return to the yard today and tomorrow.

The drivers can absolutely cripple anyone they want, as long as they can afford to not roll for a while.
I used to travel I-90 a lot when picking up my kids from my ex-wife. I’d often read the free trucker magazines while taking a dump in the service plazas and the want ads for drivers touted “No NYC deliveries” like it was a huge benefit. I suppose because of traffic and tolls and generally being a pain in the *** to wheel a semi around NYC.

Flog will avoid this thread, since ze/zer/zey/zem is unaware of what a truck is, or why someone would drive a truck when they could easily drive a Prius instead.

Brother-in-law is a trucker in the Northeast and has to drive into and through NYC. He absolutely hates it. Freeway lanes are a standard 12' wide but the city streets are 10' wide and less in places where the brilliant city planners installed bike lanes by narrowing the travel lanes. Making right turns is a nightmare due to the narrow lanes and pedestrians who believe that they are immortal.

Have not asked if he is going to join the boycott.

There was a time in my life where I regretted having never visited NYC, now not so much.

Visited Manhattan 4-5x, stayed a week in Long Island when daughter was in the Ivy League diving championships, and enjoyed it back then. Long Island has some very nice neighborhoods, but the homes are packed so close together it's a wonder people don't go nuts.

Manhattan is super-crowded. Subways were graffiti-free back then (Guliani was mayor) but I hated having strangers so close to me. A lot of people seem unconcerned with hygiene.

Visited Manhattan 4-5x, stayed a week in Long Island when daughter was in the Ivy League diving championships, and enjoyed it back then. Long Island has some very nice neighborhoods, but the homes are packed so close together it's a wonder people don't go nuts.

Manhattan is super-crowded. Subways were graffiti-free back then (Guliani was mayor) but I hated having strangers so close to me. A lot of people seem unconcerned with hygiene.
ArKKK's type of place.

There was a time in my life where I regretted having never visited NYC, now not so much.

Oddly, I had traveled parts of the globe and over half of the fifty states by the late 90s yet had never been to Manhattan despite being a 5 hour drive away.

Had no desire at all to go either. None.

Until work took me there, first time, for a celebratory event. Gotta say, coming out of Penn Station from underground up the escalators to 7th Ave was awe inspiring. Have been back to Manhattan a hundred times since. Really enjoy visiting for a day or two.

Otherwise, **** the residents and ain't no way I could ever, ever live there. If you've never been, do have the chance to go though, you should. Tremendous food, entertainment, etc. Just wait for the next Rudy G to clean it up though. It's back to being a ****-hole crime wise.

I used to go to NYC when I was OTR. It’s a NIGHTMARE for big trucks. Most of the time on deliveries it was picking up trailers that were loaded out of a yard in eastern PA, and taking them into the city from owner operators that simply refused to go in.

I used to go to NYC when I was OTR. It’s a NIGHTMARE for big trucks. Most of the time on deliveries it was picking up trailers that were loaded out of a yard in eastern PA, and taking them into the city from owner operators that simply refused to go in.
I was hoping our resident trucker would weigh in.
Was in Manhattan on Thanksgiving weekend in 2022 because Mrs. Burgundy was invited along with a few others to sing in Carnegie Hall.
Perhaps it was less crowded due to the holiday but we enjoyed ourselves and rode the bus and subway without incident.
Since then they’ve added a million more illegals living in hotels like ours so I’m not sure I’d want to go back.

I was hoping our resident trucker would weigh in.
Was in Manhattan on Thanksgiving weekend in 2022 because Mrs. Burgundy was invited along with a few others to sing in Carnegie Hall.
Perhaps it was less crowded due to the holiday but we enjoyed ourselves and rode the bus and subway without incident.
Since then they’ve added a million more illegals living in hotels like ours so I’m not sure I’d want to go back.

The traffic is murder. The bridge tolls were super expensive. There is no parking for trucks. The streets are narrow and the turns are hard to make because of it. It's dangerous and the people are rude a$$holes. That's why the OO guys don't want to go in to the 5 Burroughs. Everybody hates going in there and most drivers are conservative/libertarians and it doesn't surprise me in the least that this is starting.

I was last in NYC the week before 9/11/2001. It was a bit too crowded for me

Ogurr on Broadway.
this is what Bomma done did to our country.

Flog will avoid this thread, since ze/zer/zey/zem is unaware of what a truck is, or why someone would drive a truck when they could easily drive a Prius instead.

I'm sure he's aware now. How else would they haul vaccines? They're delivered by the ton.

I had an ex sister in law who lived at 96th & Lexington. I hate that ******* place. It’s a concrete jungle filled with trash, crime, noise and diickheads.

I'm sure he's aware now. How else would they haul vaccines? They're delivered by the ton.
transported via sunlight on light beams, dummy

My brother was in the restaurant business in the City for many years.

Always had a great time when visiting...

If you can make it there...you can make it anywhere!

Nothing like New York!