• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump basers...interpret please !!!

Not meaning to insult your friend, but he's too conservative in views for me. Didn't know his stance with trump and I applaud him for that. Lamb won on denouncing Nancy Pelosi. My thoughts on the likes of Pelosi and Schumer are it's time for out with the old and in with the new. They're too old and have been in office too long. I like the young bloods like Lamb. I share his views on abortion as I'm pro choice but personally against. I always looked as Muslim as a religion, which I believe it is, and terrorists as terrorists, which come in every shape and form and religion and some are homegrown. I believe I stated my feelings on guns and I don't apologize for them. I never looked at a dem as running on a platform of ZERO guns, that's in the minds of the conservatives. Gun control is a whole other issue. I'm neutral on taxes because this tax cut now isn't benefiting me at all in a way that I even notice (I think it's an $8.00 difference). I just know I'll have to pay it all back down the road. I do have issues with welfare. I see it in my own place of work. I see single mothers who don't pay for daycare, it's free, yet they get all that money back, the money they didn't pay, back at tax time. The get the health insurance they didn't pay a cent for back too. This is an issue because in my views I believe this hurts the ones who truly need it. It's far too abused. These are my views on dem/pub. Like I said there are policies a republican can throw at me that I'd be all in, but you lose me at too conservative.
Curious as to why you are against abortion?

Well, the Republicans are mostly moving farther Right and the Democrats are moving farther Left, so you might as well go Libertarian.

On a single plane graph this may be true. When you plot this on a two plane graph, you have libertarians divided just as bad as D's & R's

Curious as to why you are against abortion?

I'm against abortion for myself personally, would never have been an option. I don't know anyone in my family/circle of friends who are actually for abortion, I only know people who are pro choice for others, such as myself. During my pregnancies, I never had the tests for Down's syndrome, spina bifida or cerebral palsy because it was my and my husband's decision that we were having our babies no matter what. What anyone else does in their life isn't my judgement call, that's between them and their God and whoever else it involves in their lives.

What anyone else does in their life isn't my judgement call, that's between them and their God and whoever else it involves in their lives.

I'm not trying to pick on you. Just looking for an honest answer. This seems to be a selective comment the Left often uses when discussing abortion. "It's their body, it's their choice, and what they do isn't my business."

Is it your business if your neighbor murders? Commits robbery? Embezzles? Steals tax dollars? Rapes? Commits terrorist acts? I understand those are 'illegal' and abortion, sadly, is 'legal.'

But do you judge them? Or do you still think of them as upstanding citizens who had choices to make, and to each their own?

I'm not trying to pick on you. Just looking for an honest answer. This seems to be a selective comment the Left often uses when discussing abortion. "It's their body, it's their choice, and what they do isn't my business."

Is it your business if your neighbor murders? Commits robbery? Embezzles? Steals tax dollars? Rapes? Commits terrorist acts? I understand those are 'illegal' and abortion, sadly, is 'legal.'

But do you judge them? Or do you still think of them as upstanding citizens who had choices to make, and to each their own?

I don't mind answering, I'm just not sure there's an answer coming from me, an admitted dem, that you'll accept, but here it is anyway. I do judge criminals, of course, like everyone else and I don't think that's a political thing, that's just human nature. If they're proven guilty, I want them punished. For me, an ex-pediatric nurse, I've seen far too many instances and choices that were made that I would never want anyone to have to go through. Genetic issues that caused death of a baby in a woman's first pregnancy and told she shouldn't have another because it would be the same result with possibly taking her life as well. It happened. She was torn, but she and her husband chose to abort to prevent the heartache and to save her own life. She wasn't a criminal, she wasn't a bad person and she wasn't looking for a birth control measure. That was just one of countless similar stories I could tell you. I've seen a lot of tragedies that have affected me. I choose not to make abortion a political issue, but a personal one. I can't speak for everyone on the left, but I keep this a completely separate issue from true crimes and choose not to vote on this based on political beliefs. I don't know if I answered you, but I honestly tried.

I don't mind answering, I'm just not sure there's an answer coming from me, an admitted dem, that you'll accept, but here it is anyway. I do judge criminals, of course, like everyone else and I don't think that's a political thing, that's just human nature. If they're proven guilty, I want them punished. For me, an ex-pediatric nurse, I've seen far too many instances and choices that were made that I would never want anyone to have to go through. Genetic issues that caused death of a baby in a woman's first pregnancy and told she shouldn't have another because it would be the same result with possibly taking her life as well. It happened. She was torn, but she and her husband chose to abort to prevent the heartache and to save her own life. She wasn't a criminal, she wasn't a bad person and she wasn't looking for a birth control measure. That was just one of countless similar stories I could tell you. I've seen a lot of tragedies that have affected me. I choose not to make abortion a political issue, but a personal one. I can't speak for everyone on the left, but I keep this a completely separate issue from true crimes and choose not to vote on this based on political beliefs. I don't know if I answered you, but I honestly tried.

Fair answer. And I get it under these circumstances. The fact is though that only a scant small % of abortions are due to genetic issues or rape. The vast majority are performed for birth control measures. Do you judge them? Or to each their own?

Again I'm not trying to paint you into a corner.

Fair answer. And I get it under these circumstances. The fact is though that only a scant small % of abortions are due to genetic issues or rape. The vast majority are performed for birth control measures. Do you judge them? Or to each their own?

Again I'm not trying to paint you into a corner.

LOL I don't feel like I'm being painted in a corner. I do appreciate the honest openness to discussion without bashing and name calling. I can't say I personally have encountered or know anyone personally who have used abortion as birth control, but I know it happens. I 100% do NOT feel it should be used as a form of birth control. And since I'm trying to stick with my honest mode here, yes I judge them harshly. This is why I'm also 100% for free birth control. Now I now this isn't popular either, but hear me out. If these women who ARE using abortions for birth control methods, why can't they just get the birth control offered to them? It's much easier and it doesn't piss me off. They're clearly not gonna keep their legs closed, so I don't understand why they wouldn't use the birth control available to them. I feel ashamed of myself when I judge people when I don't know the whole story, I try so hard not to, but I'm not perfect. Again though, I'm thankful I can't relate to any of this in my life at all. BTW, thank you for being easy on me. I know we're on total opposite sides on the universe on these things, but I do like to see how those on the "right" view this too.

First Trump loses Ann Coulter and now Alex ******* Jones after attacking Syria. A rain of tears from the snowflakes on the far right. Has to be seen to be believed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alex Jones on Trump launching strikes in Syria... <a href="https://t.co/FkPt3xnok4">pic.twitter.com/FkPt3xnok4</a></p>— Andrew Peng (@TheAPJournalist) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAPJournalist/status/984993131916652544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

First Trump loses Ann Coulter and now Alex ******* Jones after attacking Syria. A rain of tears from the snowflakes on the far right. Has to be seen to be believed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alex Jones on Trump launching strikes in Syria... <a href="https://t.co/FkPt3xnok4">pic.twitter.com/FkPt3xnok4</a></p>— Andrew Peng (@TheAPJournalist) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAPJournalist/status/984993131916652544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm so torn on this in how I'm supposed to feel. I want to bomb the hell out of these places, I want Assad blown to pieces, I do, but I don't want another war. So how does this work? I admit I'm a fan of Ted Lieu and I follow his twitter feed. He's very good at explaining these things and the proper steps that are supposed to take place. So 2 questions...did it stop this from happening again or is it gonna escalate from here?

LOL I don't feel like I'm being painted in a corner. I do appreciate the honest openness to discussion without bashing and name calling. I can't say I personally have encountered or know anyone personally who have used abortion as birth control, but I know it happens. I 100% do NOT feel it should be used as a form of birth control. And since I'm trying to stick with my honest mode here, yes I judge them harshly. This is why I'm also 100% for free birth control. Now I now this isn't popular either, but hear me out. If these women who ARE using abortions for birth control methods, why can't they just get the birth control offered to them? It's much easier and it doesn't piss me off. They're clearly not gonna keep their legs closed, so I don't understand why they wouldn't use the birth control available to them. I feel ashamed of myself when I judge people when I don't know the whole story, I try so hard not to, but I'm not perfect. Again though, I'm thankful I can't relate to any of this in my life at all. BTW, thank you for being easy on me. I know we're on total opposite sides on the universe on these things, but I do like to see how those on the "right" view this too.

Loved your reply. Thank you for taking the time to respond thoughtfully. It is a complex issue.

I'm fine with anything that kills Muslims.

I'm against abortion for myself personally, would never have been an option. I don't know anyone in my family/circle of friends who are actually for abortion, I only know people who are pro choice for others, such as myself. During my pregnancies, I never had the tests for Down's syndrome, spina bifida or cerebral palsy because it was my and my husband's decision that we were having our babies no matter what. What anyone else does in their life isn't my judgement call, that's between them and their God and whoever else it involves in their lives.
I understand what you position is. I want to understand why you hold that position. Why would you never have an abortion? Obviously where I am going with this is that if you are against it because you believe that it is taking a life, then your statement about what other people do is not defensible.

I'm fine with anything that kills Muslims.

Muslims? Or Muslim terrorists? Just want to understand clearly which of these you meant to type. The fact IndySteel liked your post that you want to eradicate Muslims - presumably all 1.5 billion of them - speaks for itself.

ps - only at SN can a thread about Trump broadcasting his intentions on military action in Syria turn into a discussion on abortion rights, lol.

I don't have much of a problem with Trump taking action, it is just my opinion that a couple Tomahawks is largely ineffective. Reeks of when Clinton took a similar action in the midst of the Lewinsky scandal.

I understand what you position is. I want to understand why you hold that position. Why would you never have an abortion? Obviously where I am going with this is that if you are against it because you believe that it is taking a life, then your statement about what other people do is not defensible.

Yeah kinda makes me sound like a hypocrite doesn't it? I thought about that after reading my own words (and typos). The reasons I would never have an abortion even with those medical conditions I listed is because I couldn't live with myself and my guilt, and I'm Catholic (which doesn't believe in birth control either but I draw the line there). I know not everyone feels the same as I do. But in the same breath when I was a peds nurse and saw those very conditions in those babies/kids, I second guessed myself and my own decisions not to have testing. Luckily my kids were healthy. As for the birth control part, I suppose because I probably wouldn't know the reasons that person had an abortion and I wouldn't ask. Again thankfully never been in that position. Based on all the above I have to list myself as pro choice and pro life personally. It was my choice not to know if there were birth defects and not abort even if there were, but it's not for me to judge for someone who feels differently. I agree with Tim, it's a complex issue.

Oh and as an addendum, I'm a strong advocate for adoption. I wish any woman who doesn't want their baby "just because" would consider giving that baby to a family who desperately wants one.

Last edited:
Yeah kinda makes me sound like a hypocrite doesn't it? I thought about that after reading my own words (and typos). The reasons I would never have an abortion even with those medical conditions I listed is because I couldn't live with myself and my guilt, and I'm Catholic (which doesn't believe in birth control either but I draw the line there). I know not everyone feels the same as I do. But in the same breath when I was a peds nurse and saw those very conditions in those babies/kids, I second guessed myself and my own decisions not to have testing. Luckily my kids were healthy. As for the birth control part, I suppose because I probably wouldn't know the reasons that person had an abortion and I wouldn't ask. Again thankfully never been in that position. Based on all the above I have to list myself as pro choice and pro life personally. It was my choice not to know if there were birth defects and not abort even if there were, but it's not for me to judge for someone who feels differently. I agree with Tim, it's a complex issue.
I'm still confused about your position, but appreciate your honest contributions here.

Muslims? Or Muslim terrorists? Just want to understand clearly which of these you meant to type. The fact IndySteel liked your post that you want to eradicate Muslims - presumably all 1.5 billion of them - speaks for itself.
There are only two kinds of Muslims...terrorists and those who support terrorists. I believe we should target terrorists but if some who are not technically terrorists get killed too, that's collateral damage that I'm fine with. Remember, they'd be happy if one of their terrorist brethren killed me and you.

Conservatives are in general against perpetual war. We have no interest in a Russian Client State and should not be involved in something that will further destabilize the region.

The Alt right is far fringed extremists....they are not mainstream republicans. In fact many mainstreamer don't want any affiliation with Alt righters. The Alt right makes up a strong portion of Trumps base. They used to be subtle....hardly making any noise. **** changed...they are vocal now and pushing agendas because they have their man in power who can thwart the evolution of tanning America. Those genocidal theorists.

That would be more in tune with some of obummers marxist heros. They love them some genocide.

You talk about the Alt-Right , the entire govt. has been in bed together for the last 15 years. Read below.

This just shows how corrupt this country has become. PLEASE Read this. It explains all.

“From 2001 to 2005 there was an ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

A Grand Jury had been empaneled.

Governments from around the world had donated to the “Charity”.

Yet, from 2001 to 2003 none of those “Donations” to the Clinton Foundation were declared.

Hmmm, now you would think that an honest investigator would be able to figure this out.

Guess who took over this investigation in 2002?

Bet you can’t guess.

No other than James “Wassup Homey” Comey.

Now, that’s interesting, isn’t it?

Guess who was transferred in to the Internal Revenue Service to run the Tax Exemption Branch of the IRS?

Your friend and mine, our favorite person in the whole world if you are a Tea Party Member, Pro-Life or a True the Vote supporter……. ding, ding, ding, ding Lois “Be on The Look Out” (BOLO) Lerner.

It gets better, well not really, but I am sure this is all just a series of strange coincidences, right?

Guess who ran the Tax Division inside the Department of Injustice from 2001 to 2005?

No other than the Assistant Attorney General of the United States, Rod Rosenstein.

Guess who was the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation during this timeframe???

I know, it’s a miracle, just a coincidence, just an anomaly in statistics and chances, Robert Mueller.

What do all four casting characters have in common?

They all were briefed and/or were front line investigators into the Clinton Foundation Investigation.

Now that’s just a coincidence, right?

Ok, lets chalk the last one up to mere chance.

Let’s fast forward to 2009, shall we?

James “Wassup Homey” Comey leaves the Justice Department to go and cash-in at Lockheed Martin.

Hillary Clinton is running the State Department, on her own personal email server by the way.

The Uranium One “issue” comes to the attention of the Hildabeast.

Like all good public servants do, you know looking out for America’s best interest, she decides to support the decision and approve the sale of 20% of US Uranium to no other than, the Russians.

Now you would think that this is a fairly straight up deal, except it wasn’t, the People got absolutely nothing out of it.

However, prior to the sales approval, no other than Arkansas Bill goes to Moscow, gets paid 500K for a one hour speech then meets with Vladimir Putin at his home for a few hours.

Ok, no big deal right?

Well, not so fast, the FBI had a mole inside the money laundering and bribery scheme.

Guess who was the FBI Director during this timeframe?

Yep, Robert Mueller.

He even delivered a Uranium Sample to Moscow in 2009.

Guess who was handling that case within the Justice Department out of the US Attorney’s Office in Maryland.

No other than, Rod Rosenstein.

Guess what happened to the informant?

The Department of Justice placed a GAG order on him and threatened to lock him up if he spoke out about it.

Interesting, huh?

How does 20% of the most strategic asset of the United States of America end up in Russian hands when the FBI has an informant, a mole providing inside information to the FBI on the criminal enterprise?

Guess what happened soon after the sale was approved?

~145 million dollars in “donations” made their way into the Clinton Foundation from entities directly connected to the Uranium One deal.

Guess who was still at the Internal Revenue Service working the Charitable Division?

No other than, Lois “BOLO” Lerner.

Interesting, huh?

Ok, that’s all just another series of coincidences, nothing to see here, right?

Let’s fast forward to 2015.

Due to a series of tragic events in Benghazi and after the 9 “investigations” the House, Senate and at State Department, Trey Gowdy who was running the 10th investigation as Chairman of the Select Committee on Benghazi discovers that the Hildabeast ran the State Department on a unclassified, unauthorized, outlaw personal email server.

He also discovered that none of those emails had been turned over when she departed her “Public Service” as Secretary of State which was required by law.

He also discovered that there was Top Secret information contained within her personally archived email.

I will spare you the State Departments cover up, the nostrums they floated, the delay tactics that were employed and the outright lies that were spewed forth from the necks of the Kerry State Department, we shall leave it with this…… they did everything humanly possible to cover for the Hildabeast.

Now this is amazing, guess who became FBI Director in 2013?

Guess who secured 17 no bid contracts for his employer with the State Department and was rewarded with a six million dollar thank you present when he departed his employer.

No other than James “Wassup Homey” Comey.

Amazing how all those no-bids just went right through at State, huh?

Now he is the FBI Director in charge of the “Clinton Email Investigation” after of course his FBI Investigates the Lois Lerner “Matter” at the Internal Revenue Service and exonerates her.

Nope couldn’t find any crimes there.

Can you guess what happened next?

In April 2016, James “Wassup Homey” Comey drafts an exoneration letter of Hillary Rodham Clinton, meanwhile the DOJ is handing out immunity deals like candy.

They didn’t even convene a Grand Jury.

Like a lightning bolt of statistical impossibility, like a miracle from God himself, like the true “Gangsta” Homey is, James steps out into the cameras of an awaiting press conference on July the 8th of 2016, and exonerates the Hildabeast from any wrongdoing.

Can you see the pattern?

I could go on, Rosenstein becomes Asst. Attorney General, Comey gets fired based upon a letter by Rosenstein, Comey leaks government information to the press, Mueller is assigned to the Russian Investigation sham by Rosenstein to provide cover for decades of malfeasance within the FBI and DOJ and the story continues.

FISA Abuse, political espionage..... pick a crime, any crime, chances are...... this group and a few others did it.

All the same players.

All compromised and conflicted.

All working fervently to NOT go to jail themselves.

All connected in one way or another to the Clinton's.

They are like battery acid, they corrode and corrupt everything they touch.

How many lives have these two destroyed?

It cannot be numbered.

As of this writing, the Clinton Foundation, in its 20+ years of operation of being the largest International Charity Fraud in the history of mankind, has never been audited by the Internal Revenue Service.” What are you doing about these corrupt demons

From twitter:

"missiles will be coming...“Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and ‘smart!’

WTF does this mean....? You guys can read him and translate what this means...

My question is, why is he giving Syria, Russia and whomever tips on military plans forthcoming ON TWITTER ???!!! Did he NOT state that he doesn't telegraph or tell his plans or military strategy ?
Whats his plan for Syria ? Exodus ? Diplomacy ? Launch Tomahawks ? Talk **** ? Or do nothing ?

I think he sent a message. No chemical weapons. Use them and we take away more than you gain. Syria has no real air defense. They should get the message.

We told the Russians that the missiles where coming. For some reason they chose not to intercept them. I get the feeling that all the big talk is just both sides pumping up the masses.