• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump basers...interpret please !!!

If you believe Trump is racist, why would he support/follow policies that have resulted in the lowest African American unemployment numbers in decades (ever? I can't remember the span)?

Why would he nominate an African American woman to be a general? To save face? Does anything about The Donald indicate he gives a **** what people think of him?

Are you really that misunderstanding of the mind of a racist ? Do you know that slave owners were racist but yet they still hired black servants to oversee their slave stock ? Did you know slave owners befriended some free blacks ? Did you know that many slave owners had sexual relations with with their slaves and father children with some of them ? Theres lots of research that needs to be done. Just because someone is racist doesn't mean they aren't open to have any interactions socially or sexually. Trump nominating, hiring, advising or partnering with people of color does nothing to prove he isn't racist.

Those unemployment numbers started abating long before Trump took office so stop pretending hes done anything for blacks and their plight. He supports stop and frisk and hes a champion of Law and Order. When is the last time Trump went to the inner city to talk with black community leaders ?

One more point...Trump often battles with persons of color over social media right...? Goes HAM on em....Like he did with Maxine Waters, The black representative from Florida, Jamelle from ESPN, Kaepernick, but when a white individual criticizes him like Steve Kerr, Greg Popovich, Mark Cuban, Robert DeNiro,....its crickets....Trump wastes little time going in on black personalities. Examine the public record. I don't even have to discuss the whole "Why cant we get them (immigrants) from places like Norway". That in of itself says a lot about Trump. If hes not a racist, hes got to be racially biased at an extreme level.

Yeah, not quite sure where you came up with that, but ok whatever. Apparently you didn't read where I said I was ready to vote McCain but Palin ruined that for me. I voted Obama and would do it again. I voted Hillary and would do it again. And what does it matter how I vote or what I believe? Those are my rights, well so far at least...

That's what I mean, your politics are all over the place.
BTW, I hated McCain and was going to vote Libertarian. Only voted for him BECAUSE of Palin and him being old and would maybe die in office.

I don't even have to discuss the whole "Why cant we get them (immigrants) from places like Norway". That in of itself says a lot about Trump. If hes not a racist, hes got to be racially biased at an extreme level.

I think it's racist that our immigration policy excludes people from predominantly white countries. Why does Trump hate white people?

That's what I mean, your politics are all over the place.
BTW, I hated McCain and was going to vote Libertarian. Only voted for him BECAUSE of Palin and him being old and would maybe die in office.

Which is what makes them MY politics. Also peoples positions can change over the years, perhaps something I didn't find as important to me before I found more important the next time. I think having politics all over the place isn't a bad thing, it means I'm not voting my party simply because of party, it means I actually heard something that made me say yeah, I agree with that. I still like McCain, and still can't tolerate Palin. I knew more about McCain than I did Obama at that time. Give me a republican or even an independent I can get on board with and I'd have no trouble voting for a nondemocrat. I just can't say that's happened for me yet with the presidential elections. Not completely true with local and state.

Which is what makes them MY politics. Also peoples positions can change over the years, perhaps something I didn't find as important to me before I found more important the next time. I think having politics all over the place isn't a bad thing, it means I'm not voting my party simply because of party, it means I actually heard something that made me say yeah, I agree with that. I still like McCain, and still can't tolerate Palin. I knew more about McCain than I did Obama at that time. Give me a republican or even an independent I can get on board with and I'd have no trouble voting for a nondemocrat. I just can't say that's happened for me yet with the presidential elections. Not completely true with local and state.

Well, the Republicans are mostly moving farther Right and the Democrats are moving farther Left, so you might as well go Libertarian.

Well, the Republicans are mostly moving farther Right and the Democrats are moving farther Left, so you might as well go Libertarian.

Yeah, trying hard to find some middle ground. It isn't easy. There are pub policies I can support and dem policies which MOST I do support, but I also don't want to go too far left. My husband, who is also a dem, told me he thought he was seeing me heading that direction. I told him so, I didn't think that was such a bad thing, but I want to be middle. I have issues I have stronger stances for, such as guns (assault weapons only). I married a hunter, we have guns, I want guns for protection even though I don't know how to use a gun, so we have our differences there. I really felt connected to Conor Lamb EXCEPT with assault rifles. That's me. I wished he were in my district, and I really don't like mine, but that's gonna change in May. I see you're in Rochester. Was that Lamb's district too? I'm in Plum and mine is Rothfus. Not a fan.

If government is run like a business, wouldn’t taxes go up? You know, to maximize profits, like a business?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I see you're in Rochester. Was that Lamb's district too? I'm in Plum and mine is Rothfus. Not a fan.

No, I am in Rothfus' district also. Lamb's district is primarily east and south of the city. I do know Rep. Rothfus personally and you might be happy to know that his support for Trump has always been fairly tepid.
As I mentioned elsewhere, Lamb won because he took Republican positions on most issues and never even mentioned the word "Democrat" in his ads. Doesn't work well for Democrats if they have to run like they're Republicans in flyover country. I'd prefer more honesty in politics with Democrats proudly running on a platform of "more immigrants, more Muslims, more welfare, more abortions, more taxes, and no guns", you know, what they really stand for, and see how many elections they win outside of the east and west coasts.

No, I am in Rothfus' district also. Lamb's district is primarily east and south of the city. I do know Rep. Rothfus personally and you might be happy to know that his support for Trump has always been fairly tepid.
As I mentioned elsewhere, Lamb won because he took Republican positions on most issues and never even mentioned the word "Democrat" in his ads. Doesn't work well for Democrats if they have to run like they're Republicans in flyover country. I'd prefer more honesty in politics with Democrats proudly running on a platform of "more immigrants, more Muslims, more welfare, more abortions, more taxes, and no guns", you know, what they really stand for, and see how many elections they win outside of the east and west coasts.

Not meaning to insult your friend, but he's too conservative in views for me. Didn't know his stance with trump and I applaud him for that. Lamb won on denouncing Nancy Pelosi. My thoughts on the likes of Pelosi and Schumer are it's time for out with the old and in with the new. They're too old and have been in office too long. I like the young bloods like Lamb. I share his views on abortion as I'm pro choice but personally against. I always looked as Muslim as a religion, which I believe it is, and terrorists as terrorists, which come in every shape and form and religion and some are homegrown. I believe I stated my feelings on guns and I don't apologize for them. I never looked at a dem as running on a platform of ZERO guns, that's in the minds of the conservatives. Gun control is a whole other issue. I'm neutral on taxes because this tax cut now isn't benefiting me at all in a way that I even notice (I think it's an $8.00 difference). I just know I'll have to pay it all back down the road. I do have issues with welfare. I see it in my own place of work. I see single mothers who don't pay for daycare, it's free, yet they get all that money back, the money they didn't pay, back at tax time. The get the health insurance they didn't pay a cent for back too. This is an issue because in my views I believe this hurts the ones who truly need it. It's far too abused. These are my views on dem/pub. Like I said there are policies a republican can throw at me that I'd be all in, but you lose me at too conservative.

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2017/11/08/562819640/china-lavishes-red-carpet-treatment-on-trump-as-he-arrives-for-talks-with-xi-jin

China Lavishes Red-Carpet Treatment On Trump As He Arrives For Talks With Xi Jinping As the sun went down Wednesday on the vermilion walls and yellow tile roofs of Beijing's Forbidden City, the first families of the U.S. and China took in a Peking opera performance in the palace where China's emperors lived for nearly six centuries.

It was the start of what China's ambassador to the U.S. calls a "state visit plus" — a highly choreographed blend of stagecraft and statecraft, designed to highlight the evolving chemistry between Presidents Trump and Xi Jinping.

"China is receiving Trump almost the way the King of Saudi Arabia did," observes Shi Yinhong, an international relations expert at People's University in Beijing. China is "giving Trump lots of face, vanities and protocol."

Lavishing the "imperial treatment" on Trump and giving him the chance to bond with a fellow self-styled political strongman is just one way in which China is dealing with the U.S. president's potential disruptions to one of the world's most consequential bilateral relationships.

Attachments

• Bsob.jpg
    Bsob.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 8
Not meaning to insult your friend, but he's too conservative in views for me. Didn't know his stance with trump and I applaud him for that. Lamb won on denouncing Nancy Pelosi. My thoughts on the likes of Pelosi and Schumer are it's time for out with the old and in with the new. They're too old and have been in office too long. I like the young bloods like Lamb. I share his views on abortion as I'm pro choice but personally against. I always looked as Muslim as a religion, which I believe it is, and terrorists as terrorists, which come in every shape and form and religion and some are homegrown. I believe I stated my feelings on guns and I don't apologize for them. I never looked at a dem as running on a platform of ZERO guns, that's in the minds of the conservatives. Gun control is a whole other issue. I'm neutral on taxes because this tax cut now isn't benefiting me at all in a way that I even notice (I think it's an $8.00 difference). I just know I'll have to pay it all back down the road. I do have issues with welfare. I see it in my own place of work. I see single mothers who don't pay for daycare, it's free, yet they get all that money back, the money they didn't pay, back at tax time. The get the health insurance they didn't pay a cent for back too. This is an issue because in my views I believe this hurts the ones who truly need it. It's far too abused. These are my views on dem/pub. Like I said there are policies a republican can throw at me that I'd be all in, but you lose me at too conservative.

Fine enough, however 1) Pelosi and Schumer aren't going anywhere until they're dead and gone and 2) every time you vote for a Democrat, which you will, you are voting for all those things you say you don't like. Pelosi will let Lamb vote against the Dems for show as long as his vote doesn't matter but if his vote is critical to either passing something the Democrats want or stopping something the Republicans want, he WILL vote with his party. The most independent Democrat out there is Sen. Manchin from WV and when he started to applaud Trump at the SOU, Schumer shot him a dirty look and he sat down real quick.

And still being honest, I still like a well written speech, I doubt that'll change.

No criticism of being swayed by a good speech. I simply want the speaker to have written the speech. Make politicians say what THEY have to say, and not use a staff of speechwriters and give us the false impression that the politician can turn a brilliant phrase.

I'm assuming you know all the answers to your questions WITHOUT the use of google and you could probably put a lot of historians to shame. I would need to look most of that up because in 10th grade, I just wanted to know what I needed to know to pass a test. Who cared, right? I care now and sometimes it just takes us a little too long to start that process.

I do know the answers, but to be fair, I have had the benefit of attending law school. Constitutional law was an amazing class. I learned a significant amount about American history in Constitutional law.

No criticism of being swayed by a good speech. I simply want the speaker to have written the speech. Make politicians say what THEY have to say, and not use a staff of speechwriters and give us the false impression that the politician can turn a brilliant phrase.

I do know the answers, but to be fair, I have had the benefit of attending law school. Constitutional law was an amazing class. I learned a significant amount about American history in Constitutional law.

I do agree about the politicians writing their own speeches too, but man I can imagine how awful they would be. There probably wouldn't be one I would agree with let alone choose. I'm a nurse, I studied bio and chem, not constitutional law, and honestly I might have fallen asleep through it at that time. But when you brought up those questions it made me think..I wonder how much of that my 24 and 21 year olds know, both with college educations. I pretty much can guess.

I have to admit, before I leave for the day, I've enjoyed interacting with the ones I have had the opportunity to. I know I'm in the minority, I know my political choice isn't popular around here, yet I've been able to have good conversations as well as get insight into the other sides. You don't get that on facebook, don't even go on that anymore. And I'm a woman and haven't felt like I don't matter. So I guess I'm just saying thanks for letting me join in and allowing me to understand opposite views a little better.

That's the direction I'm heading. I'm a fiscal conservative with a lot of agreement with the libertarians. Until some type of constitutional party comes along. Maybe they could unite.

I'm sick of the slick snake oil salesmen liars. Talk a bunch of crap and either do nothing or the opposite. They know the general public is ignorant and clueless.

The divide is as wide as it's ever been in my lifetime. I'm absolutely repulsed by the entire democrat party and I'm pissed off at the do nothing republicans.

The office of the President of the United States will be one that is no longer respected. What goes around comes around. The next Democrat president is going to get a big ole **** sandwich of payback. He had better walk on water .

Are you really that misunderstanding of the mind of a racist ? Do you know that slave owners were racist but yet they still hired black servants to oversee their slave stock ? Did you know slave owners befriended some free blacks ? Did you know that many slave owners had sexual relations with with their slaves and father children with some of them ? Theres lots of research that needs to be done. Just because someone is racist doesn't mean they aren't open to have any interactions socially or sexually. Trump nominating, hiring, advising or partnering with people of color does nothing to prove he isn't racist.

Those unemployment numbers started abating long before Trump took office so stop pretending hes done anything for blacks and their plight. He supports stop and frisk and hes a champion of Law and Order. When is the last time Trump went to the inner city to talk with black community leaders ?

One more point...Trump often battles with persons of color over social media right...? Goes HAM on em....Like he did with Maxine Waters, The black representative from Florida, Jamelle from ESPN, Kaepernick, but when a white individual criticizes him like Steve Kerr, Greg Popovich, Mark Cuban, Robert DeNiro,....its crickets....Trump wastes little time going in on black personalities. Examine the public record. I don't even have to discuss the whole "Why cant we get them (immigrants) from places like Norway". That in of itself says a lot about Trump. If hes not a racist, hes got to be racially biased at an extreme level.

Ya know what?...............Ill give you a pass because maybe you are just overly "sensitive", if you admit that Obama was at least one of the most racist presidents that we have ever had. And if you cant do that, then you only prove that YOU are the racist.

I do agree about the politicians writing their own speeches too, but man I can imagine how awful they would be. There probably wouldn't be one I would agree with let alone choose.

I agree with you 100%. We would finally see how unprepared and ill-equipped many current office holders are. I believe that those people should be shown for who they are (and aren't), and voted out of office once we realize just how dumb some of them are. I believe that the reckoning for these politicians would look something like this:

wpid-giphy-4.gif

I'm a nurse, I studied bio and chem, not constitutional law, and honestly I might have fallen asleep through it at that time. But when you brought up those questions it made me think. I wonder how much of that my 24 and 21 year olds know, both with college educations. I pretty much can guess.

I have to admit, before I leave for the day, I've enjoyed interacting with the ones I have had the opportunity to. I know I'm in the minority, I know my political choice isn't popular around here, yet I've been able to have good conversations as well as get insight into the other sides. You don't get that on facebook, don't even go on that anymore. And I'm a woman and haven't felt like I don't matter. So I guess I'm just saying thanks for letting me join in and allowing me to understand opposite views a little better.

No problem at all, and as you can probably tell, I enjoy these discussions quite a bit.

What goes around comes around. The next Democrat president is going to get a big ole **** sandwich of payback. He had better walk on water .

From who? Spineless Republican politicians? The media? You're dreaming. The next democrat president will be given a pass just like the rest.

Bomma and Hildebeast went to law school too. What the hell happened to them???

I'd wager that the majority in this country feel this way. All I want is for people to be responsible for themselves, at least those who are able.
The social stuff I couldn't give a rats *** about, marry whatever you want, just don't ask me to pay for it.

Bomma and Hildebeast went to law school too. What the hell happened to them???

We had some very intense debates about the limits on government power, the right of government to restrict behavior or reward and punish behavior, the moral basis for such laws, and the inevitable unforeseen consequences. My Constitutional law professor was extremely good. He had clerked for the U.S. Supreme Court, was still pretty young (mid to late 30's), and told me years later during a reunion that our particular class was one of his favorites.

Most Americans don't know this, but a vast number of attempts by FDR to re-shape America were originally struck down as unconstitutional. A famous series of cases from the late 19th century, after adoption of the 14th amendment, held that the "privileges and immunities" clause was not meant to protect citizens of a state from state action, and instead was designed to protect citizens only of their rights as U.S. citizens. I know that today it is fundamentally impossible to think of a government where the Federal government had much, much more limited power than state governments, but that was precisely the scenario as of 1873. The Supreme Court held in part:

We think this distinction and its explicit recognition in this Amendment of great weight in this argument, because the next paragraph of this same section, which is the one mainly relied on by the plaintiffs in error, speaks only of privileges and immunities of citizens of the United States, and does not speak of those of citizens of the several states. The argument, however, in favor of the plaintiffs, rests wholly on the assumption that the citizenship is the same and the privileges and immunities guaranteed by the clause are the same.

(Slaughterhouse Cases, 83 U.S. 36, 73–74 (1873)

Congress thereby had no authority to regulate state commerce or interfere with the rights of state citizens of a single state between one another,[SUP]1[/SUP] and Federal Courts no jurisdiction to hear disputes among businesses in a single state.

The Supreme Court changed its approach quickly by deciding before the end of the 19th century that the 14th amendment had much greater application in terms of the "privileges and immunities" granted to state citizens. The worm had turned, as Shakespeare phrased it.

That revision as to the limits on Federal power continued unimpeded over the next 70 years. By 1964, the Supreme Court had extended the power of the Federal government to the point it could dictate behavior by private businesses that made no claim to interstate business. In a famous case called Heart of Atlanta Motel Inc. v. United States, 379 U.S. 241 (1964) the Supreme Court held that the Article 1, Section 8 Commerce Clause gave the U.S. Congress power to force private businesses to abide by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. In that case, a racist motel owner sued the Federal government, arguing that the civil rights act could not be imposed on him to rent motel rooms to African-American customers. The motel owner argued that imposition of such requirements on his business violated the 5th amendment takings clause, and exceeded any reasonable reading of the power of Congress under the Commerce Clause.

The court rejected the plaintiff motel owner's argument, and held in part that the motel was located next to a freeway and thereby affected interstate commerce.

Business owners were not done. In another famous case from 1964 regarding the civil rights act, Katzenbach v. McClung, 379 U.S. 294 (1964), the Court upheld the Civil Rights Act of 1964 applying even to a small local restaurant named Ollie's Barbeque. The Supreme Court unanimously held that even though the restaurant's customers were local, it bought much of its supplies through interstate commerce. The restaurant thereby had an "effect" on interstate commerce, and that was enough to bring it under the purview of the Commerce Clause. In point of fact, basically every business "affects" interstate commerce.

[SUP]1[/SUP] The modern view of the Commerce Clause stands very much askew from what the Commerce Clause was held to mean for decades. In fact, Attorney General Bobby Kennedy later testified before Congress on the scope of the Civil Rights Act, and in Constitutional law class we watched a video of 10 minutes or so of his testimony. Kennedy was asked if the Commerce Clause extended so broadly that basically every business in the United States, no matter how small, could be regulated by the Federal government under Article 1, Section 8. He said, "yes."

That was a monumental change in how we view government structure. For the next 50+ years, Americans lived with the knowledge that the Federal government held essentially unlimited power to regulate, punish, prod and promote state citizens and businesses. That is why the current fuss over "sanctuary cities" is so comedic to me. Jesus, that ship sailed in 1964. Get a grip.

Last edited:
So POTUS called the shot.

Striking against evil, poison gas attacks, universally outlawed over 100 years ago.

Thank you USA.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

A bunch of us were at a bar last night when the news broke. The bartender put the news on, and the cheering that erupted from the patrons was amazing. There were women yelling GO TRUMP....and I was one of them. It felt good not having to justify my vote to anyone. It's also refreshing to see other women who feel the way I feel and we can talk politics without yelling, judging, or fighting. I am glad we took action in Syria. Long overdue!!!

The Alt Right would be those associated with views harbored by the Richard Spencers, the Steve Bannons, Yanno M.,The Steven Millers of the world..that Breitbart crowd, Stormfront group....they do include those who espouse white nationalism -- with a dose of racial bias and white supremacy thrown in. This is arm of the MAGA mantra and movement.

The Alt right is far fringed extremists....they are not mainstream republicans. In fact many mainstreamer don't want any affiliation with Alt righters. The Alt right makes up a strong portion of Trumps base. They used to be subtle....hardly making any noise. **** changed...they are vocal now and pushing agendas because they have their man in power who can thwart the evolution of tanning America. Those genocidal theorists.

the "alt-right" is a dogshit worthless term that our media drummed up to try and pigeon-hole REAL conservatives into, because they realize their side is completely full of **** and falls on its face when it comes to actual ideas, philosophies, and debate. who the **** even heard of the term "alt-right" before, say, 2013?? No one, that's who, you dipshit.