• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump vs. Hillary The Great Debate thread !

Is this where you want to take the conversation???

I'll PM you my address - please feel free to come on down and back up your aspirations.

bermuda you are still here because I hate ******* retards and clete is the king of retards here......but we will not resort to posts like this......

If i was black and living in a black neighborhood, i would WANT stop and frisk. Yes, it would mean i would likely be stopped many times but each time, i would not be mad at the cop. I would be mad at the gang bangers in the neighborhood who make it necessary for the cop to stop and frisk just so the good folks can walk down the street.

When the TSA makes me take off my shoes and runs me through an X-Ray, i'm not mad at them. I'm mad at the terrorists that make it necessary for me to be treated like a criminal just to get on a plane.

This a million times over.

He didn't diss fat people, he called all hackers lazy, fat, mattress layers. That is far more dangerous now a days.

P&S, the only stat that matters is unarmed blacks killed by cops, vs unarmed whites killed by cops. Otherwise, you are creating and supporting a different argument.

I do not think it is a fair argument. You would have to look at how whites acted vs how blacks act when stopped by cops. Alot of blacks automatically assume racism and become defensive or hostile. Armed or not the cop does not know. I think if blacks act calmly and listen they will not get shot. Just as if white people get defensive and hostile they would get shot as well.

I do not think it is a fair argument. You would have to look at how whites acted vs how blacks act when stopped by cops. Alot of blacks automatically assume racism and become defensive or hostile. Armed or not the cop does not know. I think if blacks act calmly and listen they will not get shot. Just as if white people get defensive and hostile they would get shot as well.

Jesus Christ yes. If a cop tells you to do something, ******* DO IT

If i was black and living in a black neighborhood, i would WANT stop and frisk. Yes, it would mean i would likely be stopped many times but each time, i would not be mad at the cop. I would be mad at the gang bangers in the neighborhood who make it necessary for the cop to stop and frisk just so the good folks can walk down the street.

When the TSA makes me take off my shoes and runs me through an X-Ray, i'm not mad at them. I'm mad at the terrorists that make it necessary for me to be treated like a criminal just to get on a plane.

Being a white, if I was stopped and frisked FOR NO REASON, beside the fact that IS unconstitutional, I'd be mad at the cop the same way I get perturbed when the TSA take my constitutional right in every airport. That is why I CHOOSE to force the TSA to do a pat down, each and every time I fly. If my rights are taken, I'm taking their time.

That is a great way to look at it for people who have nothing to hide.

LMAO...that's funny

You know, it does go both ways though. Maybe on a lesser scale, but it still happens. I live outside of Detroit. I do, however, work in Detroit and one of my closest friends lives right in the heart of the city. I can't tell you how many times I've either been pulled over or hassled by the police because I'm a white male in a predominantly black community. Their rationale? I absolutely must be in the "hood" buying drugs. I work for a law firm, so there is a need to dress professionally. we have two offices in the city. One in downtown, and the other on the east side, which is a very crummy area. Needless to say, it's pretty easy to stand out. I've been pulled over, I've been talked down to, I've had my vehicle searched, and I've been held up simply "just because." And, you know what? Ive never had anything on me that shouldn't have been, and I've never been in trouble. Point being, that each time it happened, the countless times its happened, it was completely unnecessary and the only thing I was guilty of was being a white man in the wrong spot apparently. Berm, I like you and I enjoy reading your posts, and Again, This isn't going to come close to how blacks have been treated. But I did want to point out it out.

That's fair, Tape. I don't disagree.

Here's my suggestion - if, by some chance and the grace of God, law enforcement can change and mend the relationship between some in the public, who feel discriminated against, the option to stop and frisk could be feasible. Unfortunately, IMO, I think the fences cannot be mended because of perceived wrong-doings between the groups. Many police officers are afraid to patrol and stop African-Americans, as of late, because of the "threat". Using deadly force, immediately, is not the correct choice - especially if the suspect does not have a weapon.

You know, it does go both ways though. Maybe on a lesser scale, but it still happens. I live outside of Detroit. I do, however, work in Detroit and one of my closest friends lives right in the heart of the city. I can't tell you how many times I've either been pulled over or hassled by the police because I'm a white male in a predominantly black community. Their rationale? I absolutely must be in the "hood" buying drugs. I work for a law firm, so there is a need to dress professionally. we have two offices in the city. One in downtown, and the other on the east side, which is a very crummy area. Needless to say, it's pretty easy to stand out. I've been pulled over, I've been talked down to, I've had my vehicle searched, and I've been held up simply "just because." And, you know what? Ive never had anything on me that shouldn't have been, and I've never been in trouble. Point being, that each time it happened, the countless times its happened, it was completely unnecessary and the only thing I was guilty of was being a white man in the wrong spot apparently. Berm, I like you and I enjoy reading your posts, and Again, This isn't going to come close to how blacks have been treated. But I did want to point out it out.

UNPOSSIBLE...racism only happens to black people.

Thus far we have a lot of video evidence of non reactive blacks being shot by cops. I've lived with blacks, and I've seen first hand, my black roommate (who has a lighter skin color than I do) was treated differently than I was (I am considered caucasian), when authorities were involved. Not living there, not witnessing it, and not living it as a minority, is the definition of white privilege.

CH, I get it - unfortunately, the topic can go both ways. I hate discrimination and racism to the core. I know we all have our opinions and I respect them all. I crossed the line inviting Clete down here. My apologies. I am also sorry that you've been stopped and searched "just because".

We're walking on eggshells...

So Kevin I was in cincy a couple years back with my best friend, we get lost in a really bad part of town and Doug locked the car doors. Is this profiling? I laughed at him and said WTF these are your people. His response is these aint my people I don't know any of these fools. This man is not only Black but he is the God father to my WHITE son. is he racist? BTW he supports stop and frisk for the protection of his children who now live in large cities.

qftt....Great analogy.

No, I'm making an arguement for stop and frisk. Who's doing the most crime? Besides, if you have nothing to hide, what's the big ******* deal?

It's is a big deal to me when any entity wants to take my constitutional rights (more specifically the 4th amendment):

Prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures and sets out requirements for search warrants based on probable cause as determined by a neutral judge or magistrate.

That's fair, Tape. I don't disagree.

Here's my suggestion - if, by some chance and the grace of God, law enforcement can change and mend the relationship between some in the public, who feel discriminated against, the option to stop and frisk could be feasible. Unfortunately, IMO, I think the fences cannot be mended because of perceived wrong-doings between the groups. Many police officers are afraid to patrol and stop African-Americans, as of late, because of the "threat". Using deadly force, immediately, is not the correct choice - especially if the suspect does not have a weapon.

If African-Americans could somehow get together and agree not to commit crimes any more, then within a few years there wouldn't be profiling. When 50% of crimes are committed by 3% of the population, it's not a good look. [/OT]

I got stopped once when I was going to bid a job in Farrell, PA, which is largely black and not a good place to be when you're not looking for drugs. Turned out the cop played high school football for my neighbor when he previously coached at another school. "Hey, I'm just here to bid a job. Here's my bid book, see?" Ended up no one was home anyway. I know damn well I got pulled over because I'm white.

Last edited:
I think black people and black leaders specifically need to help themselves more. You live in a crappy neighborhood and see a drug deal / gang activity report it. Do not look the other way. As a black leader preach education and preach to people to help themselves. What I see a lot is black leaders preach black people are oppressed and mistreated and should be given this and that for free. What happens is the people in the poor neighborhoods are generally uneducated and easily influenced and buy into this and it leads to problems....

CH, I get it - unfortunately, the topic can go both ways. I hate discrimination and racism to the core. I know we all have our opinions and I respect them all. I crossed the line inviting Clete down here. My apologies. I am also sorry that you've been stopped and searched "just because".

We're walking on eggshells...

He was profiled. It is a useful tool in law enforcement. Based on facts, patterns and statistics, conclusions are made. If it's based only on race, that's wrong. However sometimes that fits the profile...regardless of white or black.

Here we go with the women name calling.

If so many people around here are protecting their second amendment constitutional rights tooth and nail (as well they should), you have to defend each and every amendment the same way. That is our American right!