• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

US Capitol breached

tt.png

tt2.png

Cool.
They didn't start it though.

Last edited:
Fascinating to follow the counter terrorism angle as they piece together various aspects of this attack, in particular the militiamen involved, who showed up in full tactical gear carrying zip ties.

There are several clues that a mass hostage-taking situation was planned, as they breached the chambers. Very much in line with the plot by far-right radicals to storm the Michigan government and kidnap Governor Whitmer, which was twarted by the FBI.

ErGVxh6W4AAebHL

.Markings he is wearing: a Tennessee thin blue line PVC patch, an "AR Flag" trucker cap, Punisher Flag PVC patch...

ErGXQ69WMAAeflM

ANOTHER man with zip ties in the Senate
ErGiQXuXEAADttT

ErGsoU7W8AAOfRO

Last edited:
Group 2: window entry. First man in helped by others, is wearing a bulletproof plate visible as a bulge under his jacket. Other men with kevlar helmets follow with heavy military backpacks & gear.

ErJEjR5XYAk-kuQ
ErJFZrHW4AMgU8x

For Man #2 with temporary restraints we have an ID on a Texas Punisher Vynl patch. Others outstanding: -Eagle (or vulture?) patch on the center of his plate -Red patch w/ gold edging looks VERY military. -Helmet patch.

ErJpiLlXcAQFskh
ErJpoeyXYAAxPFM
ErJq4ALXcAYjR86
ErJrCZDW4AI8MDB

I remember how Tibsy soiled his panties with excitement while posting details about the tens of thousands of rioters, looters, arsonists, burglars, thieves and murders who terrorized millions from May 30, 2020 - present.

Can't seem to find those posts, but dammit, they must be here since Tibsy assures us he is "balanced" and opposes all such violence, no matter the source.

Within the scope of the larger mob which advanced on the Capitol, it seems there was a plot to carry out a military-style coup, organized by a small group of militiamen.

This was well-planned in advance. Don't know how you could consider this anything but a brazen act of sedition and insurrection, to disrupt the Constitutionally mandated counting of the votes to advance a Presidential election.

I wonder if we'll find out the real story here, the truth of who was behind this.

The shooter was supposed to have been a cop.

Does not wash. The shooter is wearing a suit and what appears to be a dress shirt, including cufflinks. I know secret service wear suits on duty, but not cops.

Perhaps secret service?

Also, shooter had her face covered with a cloth mask. Because, you know, don't want to spread the Covid. That could be dangerous.

After Wednesday’s events, Mexico is announcing it will build the wall and Canada wants one too!

Within the scope of the larger mob which advanced on the Capitol, it seems there was a plot to carry out a military-style coup, organized by a small group of militiamen.

This was well-planned in advance. Don't know how you could consider this anything but a brazen act of sedition and insurrection, to disrupt the Constitutionally mandated counting of the votes to advance a Presidential election.

I wonder if we'll find out the real story here, the truth of who was behind this.

And that ends Stupid Storytime, where morons post stupid theories with literally not a shred of evidence.

Next week on Stupid Storytime - "how communism works, but hasn't been really tried yet."

And that ends Stupid Storytime, where morons post stupid theories with literally not a shred of evidence.

Just asking questions, and following a sub-story to a larger, mass event that just transpired. Clearly you have no interest in finding out what went down at the Capitol. I am. Seems this thread is here for that purpose.

Btw, this just in. In what may be the biggest blow to Trump yet, at least to his super-sized ego, he's been permanently banned from twitter. They finally dropped the hammer, after a temporary 12 hour ban the other day. Taking twitter away from Trump seems to be almost "cruel and unusual punishment," at this point. Poor baby, he's gonna have a fit.

aan.png

Now that's a President if there ever was one.

How is a nation supposed to sleep easy at night for the next two weeks, knowing the President has been deemed too dangerous be allowed to use ******* Twitter?

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After close review of recent Tweets from the <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@realDonaldTrump</a> account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.<a href="https://t.co/CBpE1I6j8Y">https://t.co/CBpE1I6j8Y</a></p>— Twitter Safety (@TwitterSafety) <a href="https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/status/1347684877634838528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

The irony of Tibs claiming to love America and being a Patriot while cheering sites like Twitter silencing the President of the USA....

Can you imagine the never-ending PMS he would have if the reverse were true? Screaming and yelling about how America is done and how Twitter is tearing away at the fabric of the foundations of our rights and liberties.

Fascinating to follow the counter terrorism angle as they piece together various aspects of this attack, in particular the militiamen involved, who showed up in full tactical gear carrying zip ties.

There are several clues that a mass hostage-taking situation was planned, as they breached the chambers. Very much in line with the plot by far-right radicals to storm the Michigan government and kidnap Governor Whitmer, which was twarted by the FBI.

ErGVxh6W4AAebHL

.Markings he is wearing: a Tennessee thin blue line PVC patch, an "AR Flag" trucker cap, Punisher Flag PVC patch...

ErGXQ69WMAAeflM

ANOTHER man with zip ties in the Senate
ErGiQXuXEAADttT

ErGsoU7W8AAOfRO
Lol, yeah, they planned to do all of that without ever drawing a weapon.

The irony of Tibs claiming to love America and being a Patriot while cheering sites like Twitter silencing the President of the USA....

Cheering? How so? You're seeing ghosts.

I saw the news and posted it here. I think it's an extraordinary measure. The wording of the statement in particular is startling. The connection between Trump inciting violence has been clearly made.... I wonder if FBI or other gov agencies were involved in that.

You watch way too much TV. You blast conservatives for being conspiracy theorist all while sitting here talking conspiracy bullshit. If any militia had planned an insurrection or take over, I guarantee they would have more than side arms. How many of these hostile individuals do you see with their guns un-holstered? Typical lib, blow everything out of proportion.

You watch way too much TV.
Ha, that's funny, since I don't watch television at all.

Was digging around and read a few blurbs on the zip tie guys, and was wondering about those dudes. That's all.

But there were other rioters inside the Capitol, if you look at the images. And once you see them, it’s impossible to look away. The zip-tie guys.

Call the zip ties by their correct name: The guys were carrying flex cuffs, the plastic double restraints often used by police in mass arrest situations. They walked through the Senate chamber with a sense of purpose. They were not dressed in silly costumes but kitted out in full paramilitary regalia: helmets, armor, camo, holsters with sidearms. At least one had a semi-automatic rifle and 11 Molotov cocktails. At least one, unlike nearly every other right-wing rioter photographed that day, wore a mask that obscured his face.

These are the same guys who, when the windows of the Capitol were broken and entry secured, went in first with what I’d call military-ish precision. They moved with purpose, to the offices of major figures like Nancy Pelosi and then to the Senate floor. What was that purpose? It wasn’t to pose for photos. It was to use those flex cuffs on someone.

In October, the FBI and state authorities charged 13 men with plotting to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, the Democratic governor of Michigan. Members of that plot attended protests at the Michigan Capitol in April, real planners of violence mixing easily with those for whom guns are fun protest props. The plotters discussed a summary execution—“knock on the door,” one wrote in the group chat, “and when she answers it just cap her”—but settled on a kidnapping, pulled off while police were distracted by a nearby explosion. Think of that plot, as these men surely did, as a dress rehearsal for what the zip-tie guys wanted to accomplish at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.

They went into the Capitol, as Congress was counting electoral votes, equipped to take hostages—to physically seize officials, and presumably to take lives. The prospect is terrifying. But just because it seems unthinkable doesn’t mean we shouldn’t think hard about what almost happened. Don’t dismiss the zip-tie guys as “LARPers” or “weekend warriors.” First of all, given the well-documented overlap between ex-military, law enforcement, and right-wing militias, it’s entirely possible these guys were weekday warriors using their training in service of extracurricular interests. (One of the Twitter sleuths who are now trying to track them down sure seems to think they’re ex-military.) More importantly, the long awful course of history reminds us how slippery the slope is from playacting as a strike force to actually behaving as a strike force. Once the zip ties go on, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a “real” terrorist or not.

Today, we’re hearing more about the violence that accompanied the buffoonery: the Capitol Police officer killed with a fire extinguisher, the AP photographer dragged away by goons, the New York Times photographer thrown to the floor who feared for her life. No doubt we’ll hear even more as more stories come out.

But it could have been much, much worse. If the rioters had been a little quicker through the doors; if senators and representatives hadn’t just moved from their joint session into separate chambers to debate the Arizona challenge and had instead still been packed into one harder-to-evacuate room; if any number of things had happened differently, the three people next in the line of succession for the presidency might have been face to face with those zip-tie guys. And then: Who knows.

For Man #2 with temporary restraints we have an ID on a Texas Punisher Vynl patch. Others outstanding: -Eagle (or vulture?) patch on the center of his plate -Red patch w/ gold edging looks VERY military. -Helmet patch.

ErJpiLlXcAQFskh
ErJpoeyXYAAxPFM
ErJq4ALXcAYjR86
ErJrCZDW4AI8MDB

Very military? Looks like something made at the Korean see shop outside a military base. I wish I knew how to post photos. I have close to 100 very military patches. I could show you what they actually look like.

Ha, that's funny, since I don't watch television at all.

Was digging around and read a few blurbs on the zip tie guys, and was wondering about those dudes. That's all.

Those aren’t zip ties. They are flex cuffs. Law enforcement uses them in mass arrest situations. SEALs use them when they snatch bad guys off the battlefield.

Now that's a President if there ever was one.

How is a nation supposed to sleep easy at night for the next two weeks, knowing the President has been deemed too dangerous be allowed to use ******* Twitter?

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 373px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/index.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1347684877634838528&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.steelernationforums.com%2Fshowthread.php%3F36775-US-Capitol-breached%2Fpage13&theme=light&widgetsVersion=ed20a2b%3A1601588405575&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1347684877634838528" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

Move to Parler Mr President, where free speech is still upheld as an American virtue.

<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.96fd96193cc66c3e11d4c5e4c7c7ec97.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.steelernationforums.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>