• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

US Capitol breached

Very sad news. The lingering effects & fallout from Jan 6th continue. Thank you officers for your service and bravery facing down the savages who attacked the Capitol. May you Rest in Peace. 🕊️

1628018905207.png

WASHINGTON – Two District of Columbia police officers who responded to the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol have died by suicide this month, according to the Metropolitan Police Department, bringing the total number of officers who have taken their lives after the riot to four.

MPD spokesperson Kristen Metzger told CNN Monday that Officer Gunther Hashida, an 18-year veteran on the force, was found dead at his residence Thursday.

"We are grieving as a Department and our thoughts and prayers are with Officer Hashida's family and friends," Metzger said.

Hashida was assigned to the Emergency Response Team within the Special Operations Division and was dispatched to the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to the statement. He joined the MPD in 2003.

Only hours later, the MPD confirmed another suicide had taken place in mid-July.

"Officer Kyle DeFreytag, assigned to the Fifth District, was found deceased on Saturday, July 10th, 2021. He had been with the Department since November 2016," MPD spokesperson Makhetha Watson told USA TODAY.

The department confirmed DeFreytag, 26, had responded to the riots at the U.S. Capitol and that the cause of his death was suicide.

The deaths are the third and fourth known suicides of police officers who fought back against a violent mob of supporters of former President Donald Trump. Officer Howie Liebengood, a 17-year veteran of the U.S. Capitol Police, and Officer Jeffrey Smith, a 12-year veteran of the MPD, died by suicide days later.

Very sad news. The lingering effects & fallout from Jan 6th continue. Thank you officers for your service and bravery facing down the savages who attacked the Capitol. May you Rest in Peace. 🕊️

View attachment 5929

WASHINGTON – Two District of Columbia police officers who responded to the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol have died by suicide this month, according to the Metropolitan Police Department, bringing the total number of officers who have taken their lives after the riot to four.

MPD spokesperson Kristen Metzger told CNN Monday that Officer Gunther Hashida, an 18-year veteran on the force, was found dead at his residence Thursday.

"We are grieving as a Department and our thoughts and prayers are with Officer Hashida's family and friends," Metzger said.

Hashida was assigned to the Emergency Response Team within the Special Operations Division and was dispatched to the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to the statement. He joined the MPD in 2003.

Only hours later, the MPD confirmed another suicide had taken place in mid-July.

"Officer Kyle DeFreytag, assigned to the Fifth District, was found deceased on Saturday, July 10th, 2021. He had been with the Department since November 2016," MPD spokesperson Makhetha Watson told USA TODAY.

The department confirmed DeFreytag, 26, had responded to the riots at the U.S. Capitol and that the cause of his death was suicide.

The deaths are the third and fourth known suicides of police officers who fought back against a violent mob of supporters of former President Donald Trump. Officer Howie Liebengood, a 17-year veteran of the U.S. Capitol Police, and Officer Jeffrey Smith, a 12-year veteran of the MPD, died by suicide days later.
It could be guilty consciences for supporting a coup.

jX86Bki.jpg

f2UYA9X.jpg

It could be guilty consciences for supporting a coup.

Or it could be Arkancide. What do they know? Given the following, not hard to surmise. Why won't Communist Pelosi allow them to testify?

Or it could be Arkancide. What do they know? Given the following, not hard to surmise. Why won't Communist Pelosi allow them to testify?

She's a criminal. A gangster. A deceiver of men. I long for the day this sewage slug is no longer involved with public affairs.

She is everything wrong with this country

View attachment 5929

You're so disingenuous it makes me sick. These officers died and left loved ones in grief and you use them as a pawn for your bullshit political trolling. Have some ******* decency and respect.

View attachment 5929

This post is disgusting, and you are disgusting for posting it.

Hundreds of police officers commit suicide every year in this country, but you don't care about them. You only use these four as means to attack Trump, because you're a steaming pile of ****.

What can you tell us about the police officers who took their own lives after being attacked by BLM and ANITIFA all summer long? They don't matter to you, you have no way to use them for your political arguments on message boards.

You're gross.

**** Tibs, ignore him and he will slither away.

I'm guilty, but seeing what a POS he continues to be and since the admins won't boot his trolling, freeloading *** - I'm with you at this point. If he was at least a worthy adversary in debate and had even a shred of creativity, okay.

But he's absolutely useless.

I see all the Karens are out in full force.

Out of 18 suicides committed by police officers thus far in 2021, four of them were officers who served on the front lines at the Capitol.

So 22% of the total of police suicides in a country of 3,7 million square miles and roughly 700k full time officers all happened to be at the same place at the same time.

Yet, according to you, their deaths had nothing to do with the events on Jan 6th.

Ironically enough, I was the only one here who showed remorse at their passing and expressed my condolences. You all were too busy being Karens and mocking, ridiculing the officers who testified in Congress and stood their ground that day serving their country.

I'll acknowledge that's your take and move on at this point. Don't want to cause any more consternation by posting news articles or discussing current events on a political message board.

Last edited:

Out of 18 suicides committed by police officers thus far in 2021, four of them were officers who served on the front lines at the Capitol.

So 22% of the total of police suicides in a country of 3,7 million square miles and roughly 700k full time officers all happened to be at the same place at the same time.

Yet, according to you, their deaths had nothing to do with the events on Jan 6th.

Ironically enough, I was the only one here who showed remorse at their passing and expressed my condolences. You all were too busy being Karens and mocking, ridiculing the officers who testified in Congress and stood their ground that day serving their country.

I'll acknowledge that's your take and move on at this point. Don't want to cause any more consternation by posting news articles or discussing current events on a political message board.
So easy to manipulate statistics. 22%, wonder how easy it is to manipulate votes and an election? Oh wait...

We may finally be getting to who murdered Babbitt.

Michael Byrd. Read through. Really interesting how he apparently broke numerous rules.

We may finally be getting to who murdered Babbitt.

Michael Byrd. Read through. Really interesting how he apparently broke numerous rules.

I'm torn on this. Looking at all the video, multiple people shout "he has a gun!" about 10 seconds before the shot. And as former military, she should know better - especially breaching a federal facility. I think he should've given her loud verbal warnings and it's a really sad situation all-around, but if someone was attempting to break through your door or window (no matter what you think they have on their person), what would you do?

I don't know, but I've thought about it a lot and can't say she's not without blame. But I'm always open to hear other opinions/arguments other than my own jackass one. As far as the lack of outrage on the left that an unarmed person was killed, we don't even need to go into that. They're scum and not even worth wasting keystrokes over.

I'm torn on this. Looking at all the video, multiple people shout "he has a gun!" about 10 seconds before the shot. And as former military, she should know better - especially breaching a federal facility. I think he should've given her loud verbal warnings and it's a really sad situation all-around, but if someone was attempting to break through your door or window (no matter what you think they have on their person), what would you do?

I don't know, but I've thought about it a lot and can't say she's not without blame. But I'm always open to hear other opinions/arguments other than my own jackass one. As far as the lack of outrage on the left that an unarmed person was killed, we don't even need to go into that. They're scum and not even worth wasting keystrokes over.

Agreed on most all of it.

Did you see the pics of him in the article, walking around inside with his pistol drawn, finger ON the trigger? That's amateur level mistake **** there. Or...dude was ready to pull the trigger.

I honestly didn't, Tim. And that definitely sheds more light on it IMO. This is one of those instances where a person has to use critical thinking skills and not think about anything else, just the actual situation itself. Seems a lost art on many, or at least the ones with the loudest voices. Just take a step back & forget all the political nonsense for a moment please.

I'll have to check it out, but sounds like someone was a little too trigger happy.

Why didn't the armed guards at each of the entrances shoot those trying to unlawfully enter that day?

Why didn't the armed guards at each of the entrances shoot those trying to unlawfully enter that day?

Because that would be insanity? I understand the ploy of the left, and I understand that what they wanted to happen did actually happen exactly how they wanted it - all I'm saying is that a military veteran should've known better than try to breach a window into the chambers of a federal building - and an ******* Capitol police officer should've shouted orders directly at her to stop before he fired his gun with deadly intent.

Tell me where I'm off here and I'll listen.

The point was thatv
Because that would be insanity? I understand the ploy of the left, and I understand that what they wanted to happen did actually happen exactly how they wanted it - all I'm saying is that a military veteran should've known better than try to breach a window into the chambers of a federal building - and an ******* Capitol police officer should've shouted orders directly at her to stop before he fired his gun with deadly intent.

Tell me where I'm off here and I'll listen.
The point is the armed guards/cops at each entrance point, usually 2 or more, all deserted those posts, including the one that Babbit tried to enter at.
Why did they all leave? Someone must have ordered them not to defend the entrances.....it probably wasn't the only guy who fired a shot.

Of course someone ordered them not to defend the entrances. We saw the video, they were actually shaking hands originally. But read my signature about a mob - a mob never does or ends well. It was criminal, what they let happen and who they planted in the Capitol that day - but you know what? - they'll never ever be held to account, like always.

It sucks and we all have to deal with the fact that our government is filled with a bunch of corrupt scumbags, but that just wasn't the point I was making.

so then we should assume the rest of the suicides were due to stress of the BLM riots or of the non stop media and Dem bashing of cops and calls for them to be defunded? Sound fair?

Byrd's shooting was not within policy, and there can be no credible argument to the contrary. I have handled maybe 10 excessive force and use of force cases, and based on the testimony I have heard from police officers and use-of-force experts, police department polices mandate that an officer should avoid firing when multiple non-targets are behind the person who is targeted, as is the case here. The reason for this is obvious: if the shooter misses, or even if he hits the target and the bullet passes through the target, innocent bystanders are at risk.

Byrd can argue that he had hollow-points, which make pass-through less likely, but that is weak. It's like arguing the chances are "less" that you shoot an innocent victim. The chances of that should be zero. Also, I agree with the article that it seems Byrd violated policy by pointing his weapon at non-combatants, often with his finger on the trigger. Jeez, first lesson, first day of firearms training: NEVER point your weapon at anybody you don't intend to kill.

Violation of policy is a key issue in showing the shooting was unjustified. You break the rules, you pay the price. Another key question regarding Byrd's actions is this: Did he have justifiable fear of imminent harm to himself or others when he fired the shot? The officer has several points in his favor, specifically, the number of people in the hallway, the damage the protesters had caused.

However, on the other side, none of the protesters had exhibited a potentially lethal weapon, no gunfire had taken place, and property destruction is NEVER a reason to use lethal force. Moreover, these guys are trained, and Byrd had time to see who exactly is coming through the window. It was an unarmed 120 lb. woman. If a peace officer is unable to handle an unarmed 120 lb. woman without using lethal force, he shouldn't be in law enforcement.

Byrd's shooting was not within policy, and there can be no credible argument to the contrary. I have handled maybe 10 excessive force and use of force cases, and based on the testimony I have heard from police officers and use-of-force experts, police department polices mandate that an officer should avoid firing when multiple non-targets are behind the person who is targeted, as is the case here. The reason for this is obvious: if the shooter misses, or even if he hits the target and the bullet passes through the target, innocent bystanders are at risk.

Byrd can argue that he had hollow-points, which make pass-through less likely, but that is weak. It's like arguing the chances are "less" that you shoot an innocent victim. The chances of that should be zero. Also, I agree with the article that it seems Byrd violated policy by pointing his weapon at non-combatants, often with his finger on the trigger. Jeez, first lesson, first day of firearms training: NEVER point your weapon at anybody you don't intend to kill.

Violation of policy is a key issue in showing the shooting was unjustified. You break the rules, you pay the price. Another key question regarding Byrd's actions is this: Did he have justifiable fear of imminent harm to himself or others when he fired the shot? The officer has several points in his favor, specifically, the number of people in the hallway, the damage the protesters had caused.

However, on the other side, none of the protesters had exhibited a potentially lethal weapon, no gunfire had taken place, and property destruction is NEVER a reason to use lethal force. Moreover, these guys are trained, and Byrd had time to see who exactly is coming through the window. It was an unarmed 120 lb. woman. If a peace officer is unable to handle an unarmed 120 lb. woman without using lethal force, he shouldn't be in law enforcement.
That stuff only counts when the purp is a black criminal who has a long record and is fighting the cop.