• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Vegas

I know who the Yards were, and I also know they were usually led by Special Forces personnel. Never heard them called Degars. Not being army, was Elfie's brother CIA?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I cannot say for sure, but that would be my guess, given his description of what his brothers involvement was.. We had CIA folks with us in Afghanistan, and the CIA was heavily involved in Vietnam, that's no secret. CIA usually gets "attached" to SOCOM (SEALS, most often) units that are operating in a given conflict.

I cannot say for sure, but that would be my guess, given his description of what his brothers involvement was.. We had CIA folks with us in Afghanistan, and the CIA was heavily involved in Vietnam, that's no secret. CIA usually gets "attached" to SOCOM (SEALS, most often) units that are operating in a given conflict.
I'm thinking that Elfie might work for the same "company" his older bro worked. Says he does DOD work. Hmmm. That is, if he even had an older brother. Nothing is verifiable with that assclown.

please show elf the respect ze deserves and use the proper pronoun of "ze" or "they" when referring to elf and ze's multiple personalities.

You've clearly not been in Las Vegas at all or much.

I don't know what the wind conditions were that night. On October 2nd, Vegas winds were 18.3MPH. The average wind speed for October was 8.1MPH. This week wind is forecasted to be as high as 18MPH again.

Rule of thumb: if you’re shooting 180-grain .30/06 bullets at 2,700 fps, and the wind is coming at 10 mph from a right angle, allow 1 inch at 100 yards, 2 inches at 200, 6 inches at 300, and 12 inches at 400. If the wind is coming from 45 degrees instead of 90, you halve these allowances. If it’s blowing 20 mph, you double them.

Point: Wind is a factor. From the photo I showed originally, they would have had to adjust more than a foot if the winds were 18MPH depending on the angle of the wind.

Now consider the grain. This rule of thumb is for a 180 grain bullet. The M16A now uses a 62 grain bullet as standard, if my sources are correct. That's 1/3 the weight of the .30/06 bullets mentioned above, which means they'd suffer even MORE variance from the wind.

Yep. Shooting an M16 towards the hotel, even with 5MPH winds...colossally stupid

Vegas is almost always VERY breezy at night time. You're getting the wind off the desert and mountains. No one was going to hit the shooter from outside of the hotel. They would have needed military grade equipment, a computer and a very damn good spotter in addition to knowing exactly where the shooting was coming from.

Stop With the Conspiracy Theories Surrounding the Las Vegas Shooting

Too many rumors are swirling around regarding the tragedy in Vegas from Sunday night. Let me start by dispelling with some of the questions floating around on the internet:

1. How did he get that many weapons into his room without being noticed?

A: With a luggage cart and ten suitcases over 3 days.

2. How did he fire off that many rounds without training?

A: A monkey can pull a trigger; and, who says he didn't have practice?

3. How was he able to kill that many people in such a short time?

A: He had 11 minutes firing on near full-auto (using a bump fire device) into a crowd of people that had no idea where the fire was coming from.

4. Why did he have so many weapons?

A: First, he was a psychopath. Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said it best, "No Ma'am, I can't get into the mind of a psychopath at this point."

Second, he probably thought he would be there for an extended period of time and perhaps thought he would heat up one or more guns. Maybe he wasn't good at changing magazines? Again, first answer is always a fit. Seriously, how can we apply reason to a psychopath?

5. How did he get his hands on fully automatic firearms?

A: Investigation has determined that he had bump fire or slide fire devices on 12 of his firearms, which make them sound like a full-auto and operate much like a full-auto. They are approved by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and are easily available (until now).

6. How was he able to remove a window with 800 pounds of hurricane glass without training? (I know, seriously, this was a question.)

A: With a hammer.

7. How did he get up 32 floors with 400 pounds of equipment?

A: With an elevator and luggage cart.

8. What about the sounds of gunfire coming from other directions?

A: It was an echo.

9. How does one man come to own $100K worth of weapons without being noticed?

A: He was rich. As far as what we know right now, all guns were purchased legally over a period of time from multiple vendors. Every dealer and serious collector at a gun show has that many or more, and they are not psychopathic mass murderer candidates.

10: How is it possible that he killed/injured so many in such a short time...without training?

A: He was able to fire uninhibited an unreported number of rounds into a massive crowd, where he couldn't miss hitting something. When we know more, it is likely that many of the injuries were not from gunfire but from the panic that ensued. However, considering the rate of fire and the mass of the crowd, it wouldn't be the least bit unreasonable to think that 50-70% of the bullets hit something.

11. What gun laws could have prevented this?

A: None. He had no criminal background.

12. What about laws preventing mentally ill people from getting firearms?

A: How does one accurately measure another's current mental stability or future propensity to become a psychopath among the group of every potential firearm purchaser?

13. What about the unidentified and unverified woman who told the crowd that a lot of people were going to die?

Possible answers: 1. It is made up nonsense. 2. She was drunk.

14. What about the shots coming from other floors?

A. Echoes, reflections of other things, reflections of the shooter across multiple reflective surfaces (Las Vegas is mostly glass)...

Response questions: Where in these locations was glass broken? Where in these locations were reports of gunfire from adjacent rooms? (That's how the shooter was quickly located.) How did these mysterious shooters so quickly police up all their brass and keep the fire alarms from going off with all the smoke?

15. How did the shooter manage to record a video of himself?

A. Ummmmm, I don't know, a tripod?

Finally, some questions for the conspiracy theorists.

How do hundreds of law enforcement officers secretly conspire to cover up evidence in one of the nation's worst modern massacres? What would be their motivation? Would conspiracy advocates be satisfied when they see video evidence of the shooter by himself committing the act and ending it by putting a gun in his mouth?

https://townhall.com/notebook/steve...ies-regarding-the-las-vegas-shooting-n2390700

Stop With the Conspiracy Theories Surrounding the Las Vegas Shooting

Too many rumors are swirling around regarding the tragedy in Vegas from Sunday night. Let me start by dispelling with some of the questions floating around on the internet:

1. How did he get that many weapons into his room without being noticed?

A: With a luggage cart and ten suitcases over 3 days.

2. How did he fire off that many rounds without training?

A: A monkey can pull a trigger; and, who says he didn't have practice?

3. How was he able to kill that many people in such a short time?

A: He had 11 minutes firing on near full-auto (using a bump fire device) into a crowd of people that had no idea where the fire was coming from.

4. Why did he have so many weapons?

A: First, he was a psychopath. Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said it best, "No Ma'am, I can't get into the mind of a psychopath at this point."

Second, he probably thought he would be there for an extended period of time and perhaps thought he would heat up one or more guns. Maybe he wasn't good at changing magazines? Again, first answer is always a fit. Seriously, how can we apply reason to a psychopath?

5. How did he get his hands on fully automatic firearms?

A: Investigation has determined that he had bump fire or slide fire devices on 12 of his firearms, which make them sound like a full-auto and operate much like a full-auto. They are approved by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and are easily available (until now).

6. How was he able to remove a window with 800 pounds of hurricane glass without training? (I know, seriously, this was a question.)

A: With a hammer.

7. How did he get up 32 floors with 400 pounds of equipment?

A: With an elevator and luggage cart.

8. What about the sounds of gunfire coming from other directions?

A: It was an echo.

9. How does one man come to own $100K worth of weapons without being noticed?

A: He was rich. As far as what we know right now, all guns were purchased legally over a period of time from multiple vendors. Every dealer and serious collector at a gun show has that many or more, and they are not psychopathic mass murderer candidates.

10: How is it possible that he killed/injured so many in such a short time...without training?

A: He was able to fire uninhibited an unreported number of rounds into a massive crowd, where he couldn't miss hitting something. When we know more, it is likely that many of the injuries were not from gunfire but from the panic that ensued. However, considering the rate of fire and the mass of the crowd, it wouldn't be the least bit unreasonable to think that 50-70% of the bullets hit something.

11. What gun laws could have prevented this?

A: None. He had no criminal background.

12. What about laws preventing mentally ill people from getting firearms?

A: How does one accurately measure another's current mental stability or future propensity to become a psychopath among the group of every potential firearm purchaser?

13. What about the unidentified and unverified woman who told the crowd that a lot of people were going to die?

Possible answers: 1. It is made up nonsense. 2. She was drunk.

14. What about the shots coming from other floors?

A. Echoes, reflections of other things, reflections of the shooter across multiple reflective surfaces (Las Vegas is mostly glass)...

Response questions: Where in these locations was glass broken? Where in these locations were reports of gunfire from adjacent rooms? (That's how the shooter was quickly located.) How did these mysterious shooters so quickly police up all their brass and keep the fire alarms from going off with all the smoke?

15. How did the shooter manage to record a video of himself?

A. Ummmmm, I don't know, a tripod?

Finally, some questions for the conspiracy theorists.

How do hundreds of law enforcement officers secretly conspire to cover up evidence in one of the nation's worst modern massacres? What would be their motivation? Would conspiracy advocates be satisfied when they see video evidence of the shooter by himself committing the act and ending it by putting a gun in his mouth?

https://townhall.com/notebook/steve...ies-regarding-the-las-vegas-shooting-n2390700

Everyone loves a good conspiracy instead of cold hard facts.

I'm thinking that Elfie might work for the same "company" his older bro worked. Says he does DOD work. Hmmm. That is, if he even had an older brother. Nothing is verifiable with that assclown.

He wasn't with the CIA, although that would make for a sexy story. My parents weren't told much about how he was killed other than it was from an NVA shelling of their "rear" position. The other American there was also killed along with a few of the Degar.

Information on what exactly happened is fuzzy because it had to go through translation,also the Degar that were there scattered/deserted as they sometimes did to return home also no follow up was done.

I digress as we are off subject again, and really it's not an interesting story as far as war stories go.

He wasn't with the CIA, although that would make for a sexy story. My parents weren't told much about how he was killed other than it was from an NVA shelling of their "rear" position. The other American there was also killed along with a few of the Degar.

Information on what exactly happened is fuzzy because it had to go through translation,also the Degar that were there scattered/deserted as they sometimes did to return home also no follow up was done.

I digress as we are off subject again, and really it's not an interesting story as far as war stories go.

On a personal level, I'm sorry for the loss of your brother and I thank your family for his service and sacrifice.

On a personal level, I'm sorry for the loss of your brother and I thank your family for his service and sacrifice.

Well thank you, but I had nothing to do with it. As a side note my other brother(second down from the one that died) was a Huey crew chief in Germany that spent most of his time smoking hash and drinking. Absolutely true story, I don't know if my brothers death affected him in a way that caused him to behave that way or what happened with him because he never used drugs before that(from what my parents told me), but he never saw any action anyway as the war wound down during his time in. I think he still partakes of the "cannabis"(retired now), but I know for a long time he didn't because of drug testing while he was a welder/pipe fitter.

I digress again, promise.

Everyone loves a good conspiracy instead of cold hard facts.

Yes but im all for questioning everything until legit answers are provided... too often whatever side of a debated topic an event boosters, that side accepts the portrayed story as is... not a fan of sheepling... legit answers with cold hard provable fact end theories...until then theorize away

Rush just said that the shooter was registered to vote as a democrat.

The amount of shock that goes along with this stunning revelation is truly mind numbing.

giphy.gif

Rush just said that the shooter was registered to vote as a democrat.

No he wasn't. We want it so bad to be a leftist don't we? The desire for equivalence from right wingers has reached ridiculous levels on the internet.

"There's an urge to hope to identify the shooter with the political party that one is opposed to — hoping the shooter is a liberal or a conservative — and some would take comfort or even joy in that fact, and I don't think we should do either," Gillihan said. "In neither case would this person be representative of those groups."

People demonstrated this urge almost from the moment the tragedy unfolded. Several websites falsely stated that the gunman was anti-Trump and pro-Obama, Rachel Maddow and MoveOn.org, according to PolitiFact. Antifa was (wrongly) blamed. ISIS claimed responsibility, but law enforcement said there was no merit to that. A conservative commentator incorrectly claimed it was a Muslim terrorist attack. And that's nothing to the individuals flooding social media.

No he wasn't.

[/I]

Yes he was, in Florida.

Note the ACTIVE voter status.

Stephen Paddock's Voter Registration
Party Affiliation: Democratic Party
Registered to Vote In: Palm Beach County, Florida
Registration Date: 04/11/1984
Voter Status: Active
Precinct: 4138
Precinct Group: 0
Congressional District: 22
House District: 89
Senate District: 29
County District: 4
School Board District: 5

Last edited:
Yes he was, in Florida.

Note the ACTIVE voter status.

Stephen Paddock's Voter Registration
Party Affiliation: Democratic Party
Registered to Vote In: Palm Beach County, Florida
Registration Date: 04/11/1984
Voter Status: Active
Precinct: 4138
Precinct Group: 0
Congressional District: 22
House District: 89
Senate District: 29
County District: 4
School Board District: 5

Another rich leftist nutjob. Shocking.

No he wasn't. We want it so bad to be a leftist don't we? The desire for equivalence from right wingers has reached ridiculous levels on the internet.

"There's an urge to hope to identify the shooter with the political party that one is opposed to — hoping the shooter is a liberal or a conservative — and some would take comfort or even joy in that fact, and I don't think we should do either," Gillihan said. "In neither case would this person be representative of those groups."

People demonstrated this urge almost from the moment the tragedy unfolded. Several websites falsely stated that the gunman was anti-Trump and pro-Obama, Rachel Maddow and MoveOn.org, according to PolitiFact. Antifa was (wrongly) blamed. ISIS claimed responsibility, but law enforcement said there was no merit to that. A conservative commentator incorrectly claimed it was a Muslim terrorist attack. And that's nothing to the individuals flooding social media.

You're joking right? You don't think the left is absolutely salivating for this to be the work of a rabid right winger? You think if it turns out he's some second amendment advocate they aren't going to cram that down our throats 24/7? Aren't you the worst offender here on constantly posting celebratory **** whenever some white conservative guy does something bad?

You're delusional.

Last edited:
Registered Democrat fires into a crowd of country music fans who the left wing news agencies have deemed "gun toting NRA members" and "Trump voters". This is too easy, and I don't believe his intent was political. He was also scoping out a rap concert a few weeks before, right? And believed to have other targets he was scoping out. I think he was just looking for soft targets for mass casualties.

Although I do think that there is a correlation between mass killings, mental illness, and Democratic voters.

The scary part is that we're still dealing with conventional mass shootings, which law enforcement is struggling to respond to, politicians can't agree on the proper laws to effectively deal with the issue, and intelligence agencies are trying desperately to track and preemptively stop these attacks from happening. We're not really dealing with technical mass killings just yet, and to be honest they have the potential to make the Vegas killing look like child's play. Imagine a series of drones hovering above equipped with guns or worse yet, IEDs dropped into crowds and the persons controlling the drones can be miles away. Here is a small drone that a group of teenagers built that can remotely fore a pistol. Very scary ****.

Imagine police, politicians, and intelligence trying to deal with is type of threat.

http://youtu.be/MBBC-xL_MTg

You're joking right? You don't think the left is absolutely salivating for this to be the work of a rabid right winger? You think if it turns out he's some second amendment advocate they aren't going to cram that down our throats 24/7?

Lost on just about everyone, it wouldn't change a damn thing about what actually happened.

I see they found a cell phone charger that didnt fit any phone of his.and another keycard. Someone had used a keycard when he was out. I'm sure they have a ton of video considering they have a billion video cameras all around. I bet that's who the cops are looking for. Maybe a hooker or lounge lizard.

I see they found a cell phone charger that didnt fit any phone of his.and another keycard. Someone had used a keycard when he was out. I'm sure they have a ton of video considering they have a billion video cameras all around. I bet that's who the cops are looking for. Maybe a hooker or lounge lizard.

he was with a hooker. Could be why they found a food receipt that had two guest listed on it and was seen with a female a day or two before the shooting, that was not his gf.

You're joking right? You don't think the left is absolutely salivating for this to be the work of a rabid right winger? You think if it turns out he's some second amendment advocate they aren't going to cram that down our throats 24/7? Aren't you the worst offender here on constantly posting celebratory **** whenever some white conservative guy does something bad?

You're delusional.

I personally don't care what party he belonged to. It's obvious he had some serious issues maybe exacerbated by the medication he was taking.

I don't think all Repugnicans are Neo Nazis, and I would hope you guys don't think Tibs, Trog, me, et. al. are all ANTIFA.....

Another rich leftist nutjob. Shocking.

I also saw the voter rolls and there were several people with same name, and about the same age.

All reports from media are not indicating he was a Dem. as of about 4 pm. Hadn't checked since then.