• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Very interesting with Aiyuk

Aiyuk is way way overrated. Not even a top 5 WR, 30 million is a joke.

Put Pickens in that offense he has 100+ catches and 1500 yards

Steelers are never paying that. rightfully so in this case.
No, Pickens doesn't come close to those numbers in that offense. His route running is still weak. That is one of the strengths of Aiyuk's game, something the Steelers are sorely lacking with Johnson gone.

Here is what I've heard the Steelers are willing to put into a trade for Brandon Aiyuk:

-Dan Moore Jr
-James Daniels
-Calvin Austin
-2nd round pick

I've heard the 49ers want one of these back in trade for Aiyuk:

-1st round pick
-Pat Freiermuth
-George Pickens

— Andrew Fillipponi (@ThePoniExpress)
August 6, 2024

I wouldn't trade GP for BA straight up. This ain't never happening with what Lynch thinks a disgruntled WR in the final year of his rookie deal is worth. We likely have to re-up George next offseason and giving Aiyuk 30m would greatly hinder that. Not to mention if we want to keep Freiermuth then there's no way we can afford Aiyuk, Muth AND Pickens. I mean REALLY think about it. Steelers traded AB for a 3rd and a 5th and he had averaged over 1500 yards a season the previous 6 seasons.

I say move on and feature GP with Van and Calvin being #2 and #3 with Muth getting plenty of targets under Arthur Smith system.

The only thing sillier than trusting preseason heroes is trusting training camp heroes. Enjoy your fool's gold.
DO you listen to Williamson and Lolley? I am not talking about crazy claims or over exuberance simply real analysis of the player and his performance now and in the past. Particularly the context of his performances. I am not saying he is a one, but he is a serviceable two and probably a good three. Good enough to not give up the ship to get BA. He gives us some level of comfort in the negotiations.

Schefter now saying our talks stalled last night but have re-started today, lol.

Here is what I've heard the Steelers are willing to put into a trade for Brandon Aiyuk:

-Dan Moore Jr
-James Daniels
-Calvin Austin
-2nd round pick

-1st round pick
-Pat Freiermuth
-George Pickens

August 6, 2024

I wouldn't trade GP for BA straight up. This ain't never happening with what Lynch thinks a disgruntled WR in the final year of his rookie deal is worth. We likely have to re-up George next offseason and giving Aiyuk 30m would greatly hinder that. Not to mention if we want to keep Freiermuth then there's no way we can afford Aiyuk, Muth AND Pickens. I mean REALLY think about it. Steelers traded AB for a 3rd and a 5th and he had averaged over 1500 yards a season the previous 6 seasons.

I say move on and feature GP with Van and Calvin being #2 and #3 with Muth getting plenty of targets under Arthur Smith system.
That is way, way too much, plus the contract.
put the phone down Omar

-Dan Moore Jr
-James Daniels
-Calvin Austin
-2nd round pick

-1st round pick

-Pat Freiermuth
-George Pickens

August 6, 2024

This is crazy for all of the reasons that you stated...and probably a few more. An easy pass .....actually.

-Dan Moore Jr
-James Daniels
-Calvin Austin
-2nd round pick

-1st round pick
-Pat Freiermuth
-George Pickens

August 6, 2024

Fully agree on the let’s move on. We don’t have a QB signed,heck we don’t even have a clue if we have a QB that can play yet. Pat is not signed,We don’t have a proven #1 signed RB. ….we don’t even have a proven #1 WR on our roster. It seems These are all one year players right now. Now is not the time to be trading high draft choices. It’s the time to be acquiring. Many,many questions.
By the way…..I can see GP doing the exact same thing in the future . Gut feeling,hope I’m wrong.
Let’s go with what we got. Let’s see how our Offense performs under our new OC. As far as I’m concerned he is not proven as well. We don’t need a 30 million dollar contract right now. We need to draft a top WR and hopefully score. And have him on that rookie contract.

Van Jefferson played in 17 games in 2023 and caught only 20 passes. Relying on him is delusional thinking.
Van Jefferson's role in this offense will be the same role he had last season with Atlanta...blocking WR. That's why he had so little passes thrown his way last season. I'd expect the same if not fewer passes this season with the Steelers. I Expect more bunch formations and motion to get CAIII and Wilson open on short and intermediate routes.

Fully agree on the let’s move on. We don’t have a QB signed,heck we don’t even have a clue if we have a QB that can play yet. Pat is not signed,We don’t have a proven #1 signed RB. ….we don’t even have a proven #1 WR on our roster. It seems These are all one year players right now. Now is not the time to be trading high draft choices. It’s the time to be acquiring. Many,many questions.
By the way…..I can see GP doing the exact same thing in the future . Gut feeling,hope I’m wrong.
Let’s go with what we got. Let’s see how our Offense performs under our new OC. As far as I’m concerned he is not proven as well. We don’t need a 30 million dollar contract right now.
Come on now. :rolleyes:

Hey…I love Jaylen. Is he a workhorse #1? I’d definitely say that has yet to be proven….does not mean he can’t be. But not proven yet.
Yeah I knew you would go that route. I will go with what we have been doing. Harris the starter and Warren the change of pace back. I am kind of excited to see what our new offense will do when defenses load the box up with 8, 9 or 10 guys.

Van Jefferson played in 17 games in 2023 and caught only 20 passes. Relying on him is delusional thinking.
A couple years ago, he started 17 games for the Rams and was third in receptions on the team behind Kupp and the TE,
he also started the Super bowl for them...

I can totally see why he isnt good enough for people... he is just an average #2... we need future hofrs at every position plus two backups or we are trash...🤣

I wouldnt go higher than Austin, a Second and one OL... GMs have to realize cap space is an asset... tell the niners to pound salt, and come back when he refuses to play anywhere else... we arent one overpriced WR away from a super bowl
No way I give up a high pick and 2 players. Unless they give us a pick of some sort back...say a 3rd.

The more I think about what Aiyuk would do if he were to appear on the Steelers roster-
1. Draw coverage away from Pickens and give him more 1 on 1 coverage. He will make Pickens look better.
2. Make Pickens sulk because he’s not getting all of the looks.
3. Turn the offense (with Russ) into one of the most dangerous offenses in the league.

I’ve heard callers today on 93.7 say they should’ve kept Dionte and Dionte was better and they could’ve used Dionte as trade bait. Doubt it. Dionte was a locker room diva and he quit on plays. Aiyuk heck, Van Jefferson, an Injured Roman Wilson, a football net and Scotty Miller are upgrades to Dionte. They won’t quit on plays.

They wont move him for less than an overpayment, I get that.... but there should be limits... he wants an immediate payday that drops his trade-ability...
Which is why Omar has leverage. If I am reading the tea leaves correctly he wants to be here and may well take a little less than what he would ask elsewhere. Or is asking way more from other simply to push things. Omar isn’t dumb and won’t make a terrible deal. He doesn’t have to do anything. This means he can afford to play a bit of hardball with them. The more I think about the package rumored I am ok with it if we don’t have to up the ante to a first unless they give us a 2nd back. Our 1st will be #32 anyway. I don’t even think about trading Pickens or Muth.