• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Very interesting with Aiyuk

I read the most ridiculous offer the Steelers supposedly made.
Moore
Daniels
Calvin Austin
2nd round pick.
That's insane. All your depth on oline and your 3rd to 4th receiver. If they feel they are that ****** at receiver they shouod have ponied up in the draft or early FA.

I read the most ridiculous offer the Steelers supposedly made.
Moore
Daniels
Calvin Austin
2nd round pick.
That's insane. All your depth on oline and your 3rd to 4th receiver. If they feel they are that ****** at receiver they shouod have ponied up in the draft or early FA.
Moore and Daniels are both gone next year. Spencer Anderson has been getting a lot of first team work at guard. They moved Troy to first team today. I think they like McCormick as well. I can see both being on the trading block. I think they also like VanJefferson more than fans do particularly as a third WR. In this offense we don't need much more than that if the rookie gets healthy. We can also pickup cut players for depth if needed.

Aiyuk isn't my favorite receiver in the league, however, he's a really good route runner and combined with Pickens, would all of a sudden give the Steelers a lot of firepower on offense. Aiyuk, Pickens, Freiermuth, Harris, Warren. Yeah, that is an offense that will be able to move the ball. Again, I am not going to overpay for him in terms of trade assets, but the last thing I'm worried about is a contract. Teams can move around money when they need to. More importantly, I'm tired of the Steelers being stuck in the middle and tired of them not winning playoff games. I think adding Aiyuk would help end that streak.

I’m not really turned off by parting with Dan Moore Jr., James Daniels who will most likely not be re-signed. Cal Austin may or may not work out so no real loss but I really don’t think they know how to use him. I hate giving up a second with these players. That’s far too much for a Brandon Aiyuk and then he wants 30 million per season. Nah, too much all the way around for him. And it creates most likely an issue with George who’s going to sulk and pout. Move on and let some other foolish team trade for him. I don’t even think this guy is a top five WR in this league. He’s good yes, but not worth all this and I still don’t think he’d make them successful playoff team.

Last edited:
Reactions: GMC
Here is what I've heard the Steelers are willing to put into a trade for Brandon Aiyuk:

-Dan Moore Jr
-James Daniels
-Calvin Austin
-2nd round pick

I've heard the 49ers want one of these back in trade for Aiyuk:

-1st round pick
-Pat Freiermuth
-George Pickens

— Andrew Fillipponi (@ThePoniExpress)
August 6, 2024

I wouldn't trade GP for BA straight up. This ain't never happening with what Lynch thinks a disgruntled WR in the final year of his rookie deal is worth. We likely have to re-up George next offseason and giving Aiyuk 30m would greatly hinder that. Not to mention if we want to keep Freiermuth then there's no way we can afford Aiyuk, Muth AND Pickens. I mean REALLY think about it. Steelers traded AB for a 3rd and a 5th and he had averaged over 1500 yards a season the previous 6 seasons.

I say move on and feature GP with Van and Calvin being #2 and #3 with Muth getting plenty of targets under Arthur Smith system.
The Brown trade is not a fair comparison. His meltdown at the end of that previous season made it very difficult for the Steelers to get fair value for him. Aiyuk hasn't done anything close to that. Also, Brown was 30 when the Steelers traded him. Aiyuk is 25.

Trading PIckens in a deal for Aiyuk makes no sense. One of the primary motivators for the Steelers is only having one good receiver.

I can't see them moving Freiermuth, either. I'm not sure that makes sense for either team.

A first-rounder is a lot to ask for a player when you also have to give the guy a huge contract. Maybe Khan is being patient and waiting for them to take something more reasonable.

I’m not really turned off by parting with Dan Moore Jr., James Daniels who will most likely not be re-signed. Cal Austin may or may not work out so no real loss but I really don’t think they know how to use him. I hate giving up a second with these players. That’s far too much for a Brandon Aiyuk and then he wants 30 million per season. Nah, too much all the way around for him. And it creates most likely an issue with George who’s going to sulk and pout. Move on and let some other foolish team trade for him. I don’t even think this guy is a top five WR in this league. He’s good yes, but not worth all this and I still don’t think he’d make them successful playoff team.
He is a perfect fit for what they need right now. I'd give them two out of Moore, Daniels, and Austin, and the second-rounder. Maybe take a fourth-rounder back with Aiyuk. They are built to win now and that isn't going to happen with Pickens and a collection of scrubs at receiver.

A first-rounder is a lot to ask for a player when you also have to give the guy a huge contract. Maybe Khan is being patient and waiting for them to take something more reasonable.
I'd be very surprised if Khan moves too far from his offer. It hasn't been his MO so far and I wouldn't expect it to change at this point. In other words, I really don't think he'll overpay based on the team's internal value of Aiyuk.

The more I think about what Aiyuk would do if he were to appear on the Steelers roster-
1. Draw coverage away from Pickens and give him more 1 on 1 coverage. He will make Pickens look better.
2. Make Pickens sulk because he’s not getting all of the looks.
3. Turn the offense (with Russ) into one of the most dangerous offenses in the league.

I’ve heard callers today on 93.7 say they should’ve kept Dionte and Dionte was better and they could’ve used Dionte as trade bait. Doubt it. Dionte was a locker room diva and he quit on plays. Aiyuk heck, Van Jefferson, an Injured Roman Wilson, a football net and Scotty Miller are upgrades to Dionte. They won’t quit on plays.

Meh A second and DJ probably gets this done, but then we are out a starting CB and logan lee...

Either Daniels or Moore, you dont pack 2 of your top depth at Oline like that together

49ers might be desperate soon. I would hold off till they drop. if they lose him oh well. He will not be the difference between #7. and not

49ers might be desperate soon. I would hold off till they drop. if they lose him oh well. He will not be the difference between #7. and not
Why would they get desperate...?

as everyone not looking for clicks or instant gratification keeps saying, the 9rs are open to shopping him for stuff that helps them this season, but they are in no way shape or form obligated to trade him... if they dont take a deal he has to play for them... if anything, he will probably buckle first and take a deal to a non contender offering a boatload for him for big guaranteed bucks ...

Moore and Daniels are both gone next year. Spencer Anderson has been getting a lot of first team work at guard. They moved Troy to first team today. I think they like McCormick as well. I can see both being on the trading block. I think they also like VanJefferson more than fans do particularly as a third WR. In this offense we don't need much more than that if the rookie gets healthy. We can also pickup cut players for depth if needed.
Their guy is gone for them next year too. He isn't the second coming of Moss here. You are talking about two guys who started last year. One well. And a 3rd 4th receiver and a second. Sorry that's insane.
The 49ers counter is apparently one of:
A First
Friermuth
Pickens

Here is what I've heard the Steelers are willing to put into a trade for Brandon Aiyuk:

-Dan Moore Jr
-James Daniels
-Calvin Austin
-2nd round pick

I've heard the 49ers want one of these back in trade for Aiyuk:

-1st round pick
-Pat Freiermuth
-George Pickens

— Andrew Fillipponi (@ThePoniExpress)
August 6, 2024

I wouldn't trade GP for BA straight up. This ain't never happening with what Lynch thinks a disgruntled WR in the final year of his rookie deal is worth. We likely have to re-up George next offseason and giving Aiyuk 30m would greatly hinder that. Not to mention if we want to keep Freiermuth then there's no way we can afford Aiyuk, Muth AND Pickens. I mean REALLY think about it. Steelers traded AB for a 3rd and a 5th and he had averaged over 1500 yards a season the previous 6 seasons.

I say move on and feature GP with Van and Calvin being #2 and #3 with Muth getting plenty of targets under Arthur Smith system.
Amen. I'm done dreaming...

There guy is gone for them next year too. He isn't the second coming of Moss here. You are talking about two guys who started last year. One well. And a 3rd 4th receiver and a second. Sorry that's insane.
The 49ers counter is apparently one of:
A First
Friermuth

Im guessing regardless of Aiyuk getting dealt here or not, moore and Daniels could both be on the trade block regardless... I keep hearing they think Spenser Anderson could start and Dylan Cook is rapidly rising at T... its risky going that young, but if the two new additions this year make the squad, someone is losing a roster spot...

I'm going to bed now. Maybe something happens over night; but I'm not holding my breathe or dreaming for a miracle...

A couple years ago, he started 17 games for the Rams and was third in receptions on the team behind Kupp and the TE,
he also started the Super bowl for them...

I can totally see why he isnt good enough for people... he is just an average #2... we need future hofrs at every position plus two backups or we are trash...🤣
Be fair, he has been below average his entire career, don't act like he hasn't been. 3 years ago he had an "OK" year with 50 rec and 800 yrds, 6 TDs. That was his best year, by far. Last year he did very little. Asking for more from our #2 is not asking for a HOF at every position.