• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Virginia's Dem Governor racist yearbook photo

Due process applies to both Republicans and Democrats.... the idiot trying to impeach him with no trial should himself be impeached for failing to understand basic American principles and abusing his power for political gain...

The impeachment process is the trial. Recall the impeachment of clinton. The house appointed 'managers' who drew up charges and presented them to the house, who then voted to impeach. That was then presented by the managers to the senate who voted against conviction.

To wit...

Article I, Section 2, Clause 5 of the Constitution grants to the House of Representatives "the sole power of impeachment", and Article I, Section 3, Clause 6 grants to the Senate "the sole Power to try all Impeachments". In considering articles of impeachment, the House is obligated to base any charges on the constitutional standards specified in Article II, Section 4: "The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors". Major kudos to the Framers. They thought it through.

The vast majority of people have Auntie Maxine's 'understanding' of impeachment - call Trump a poopy-head and he's out. Even the demented Speaker Pelosi knows that's a delusion.

IMHO, the Pubbies should have no part of the impeachment of a dim at this point in time for the obvious reasons. But then, that's why I call them the 'stupid party'.

Fairfax is an abuser. Everybody knows it. Let the dims deal with that. They won't act. Public opinion will further erode a bad situation for them. As for the Commonwealth of Virginia - you 'elected' these @#$%s - live with it, then don't repeat the mistakes.

Told ya ;)

In all honesty, it really is. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Read Witness by Whitaker Chambers. Leftism is modern day Communism. Plain and simple. It's not an argument, save for those on the Left who want to deny this fact. Like Communism, man is greater than God in Leftism. As the article states, many have given up traditional religion to adopt this political religion. And like the article states, there is no deviating from the party and its principles. Just like with Communism. There was no defecting, unless you were willing to lose your life.

It's a tremendous book. Written by a Communist. Wonderful insight.

I usually don’t engage in political talk of any kind on FB. No point in it. It’s fun if the conversation can be rational, but that rarely ever happens anymore, so I just avoid it.

I created a sublist of Friends that I titled "Political". Click the drop-down on my posts and my political posts are only seen by those people (including ark, DBS, Supe, Steelerlyn, and TimSteelersfan). Unless I open it up to purposely enrage my Libtard friends.

i believe her

She gets around

Accuser of Virginia Lt. Gov. says she was also raped by Duke basketball player in 1999

The second woman to accuse embattled Virginia lieutenant governor Justin Fairfax of sexual assault claims the alleged incident occurred a year after she said she was also raped by an unnamed Duke basketball player,

Watson claimed the attack was tied to another rape involving a Duke basketball player that allegedly occurred a year earlier in 1999. Watson reportedly told Fairfax about the incident.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-acc...ed-duke-basketball-player-1999-055757900.html

I have hidden most of my lefty FB friends who comment on politics, so I don’t know. Just couldn’t take the idiocy without responding anymore. Don’t want to discuss politics publicly because Mr. OFTB works with government officials on both sides of the aisle all the time.

I have reached a beautiful point in life that I just don't care anymore. I'm saying what's on my mind and what I believe in. If they don't like it well **** em. I do try to steer clear of anything that will ruffle feathers at work. It doesn't always work out. I lose a few people now and then. Oh well. Life goes on.

Good people need to be more vocal against their would be rulers or they will end up being ruled.

It could get messy

Virginia Lt. Gov.'s accuser willing to testify at impeachment hearings

Lawyers representing a college professor who alleged Virginia Lieutenant Gov. Justin Fairfax (D) sexually assaulted her say their client is willing to testify at impeachment proceedings or to cooperate with law enforcement in an investigation of her claims.

In a statement Saturday night, attorneys Debra Katz and Lisa Banks write that Vanessa Tyson is "fully prepared" to testify under oath on her claim that Fairfax assaulted her at the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston.

"In response to two credible claims of sexual assault, by women with no connection to one another, Lt. Governor Fairfax has claimed that the women lied about what he insists were consensual sexual encounters and has baselessly and callously attempted to discredit these women"

"We are confident that once the Virginia legislature hears Dr. Tyson’s harrowing account of this sexual assault, the testimony of many corroborating witnesses, and evidence of his attempts to mislead the public about The Washington Post’s decision not to run a story in 2018, it will conclude that he lacks the character, fitness and credibility to serve in any capacity"

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...er-willing-to-testify-at-impeachment-hearings

Some lady was on CNN she was implying that if Fairfax is impeached and Northam is left alone that is very racist. To me if the allegations against fairfax are true you should not compare being raped to dressing up in black face a couple decades ago.

I have reached a beautiful point in life that I just don't care anymore. I'm saying what's on my mind and what I believe in. If they don't like it well **** em. I do try to steer clear of anything that will ruffle feathers at work. It doesn't always work out. I lose a few people now and then. Oh well. Life goes on.

Good people need to be more vocal against their would be rulers or they will end up being ruled.

If I thought posting my opinions on Facebook actually had any real effect on anyone or anything, I might feel some obligation. The reality is most people today aren’t at all interested in learning or considering anything contradictory to their own views. It’s a waste of time and energy.

ha ha

"The white guy can stay but the black guy has to go!"

they can't handle it, delicious infighting, who do the leftists want to piss off more, BLM or women's groups? lol

ha ha

"The white guy can stay but the black guy has to go!"

they can't handle it, delicious infighting, who do the leftists want to piss off more, BLM or women's groups? lol

BLM is always pissed off anyway, but women's groups are only pissed off when the alleged assaulter is a Republican.

Personally, I hope they both stay. It does no good to ruin someone's life over something from 35 years ago, and it does no good to ruin someone's life using a lack of due process. I disagree with aeverything these two stand for, but this having your life ruined through virtue signaling and shaming has to stop.

The Bettis incident has made me skeptical of accusers. Today the Steelers would have been forced to cut him, before
he could prove he was being extorted.

Rep. Al Green (D-TX) said on Thursday that Virginia Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam’s blackface scandal is a symptom of President Donald J. Trump’s “bigotry” and promised to keep pushing impeachment.

Remember, hamster ...

TanFlatBaiji-small.gif

"It's not easy being green."

The Bettis incident has made me skeptical of accusers. Today the Steelers would have been forced to cut him, before
he could prove he was being extorted.

Yeah, I remember when you were this dubious of the allegations against Trump. Oh, wait, YOU WEREN'T.

And I also remember when you were critical of the unsubstantiated (indeed, refuted) allegation against Kavanaugh, and the asinine, recanted claims of "serial gang rapes." Oh, wait, once again, YOU WEREN'T.

And how you wanted evidence to support a claim of purported "collusion" involving the Russians. Hold on, now that I remember, YOU WEREN'T.

You make up your mind as to the allegation based on who is being accused, not the merits of the allegation. Any claim to the contrary is obliterated by your own posts about Kavanaugh, and Trump, and Russia, and gang rapes.

Most of the allegations against Trump, he has admitted too. Remember his comment that woman let you touch them when your famous.

Most of the allegations against Trump, he has admitted too. Remember his comment that woman let you touch them when your famous.
Oh stop the bullshit he has admitted no such thing. The grab em by the ***** statement was absolute locker room garbage talk.

I guarantee you there are women who were quite willingly grabbed and kissed and otherwise molested by Trump (barf, personally) because they were blinded by dollar signs. Stormy Daniels knew him for all of about 10 minutes before she hopped in the sack with him. So in that sense what he said was actually pretty accurate. I know it's not a popular opinion among my feminist sisters, but some women really are ****** for money and celebrity.

**** like this is why your editor keeps rejecting your submissions.

Actually, Africans were indentured servants in the beginning. There are many records of Africans, once paying off their servitude, becoming free men and themselves owning negro indentured servents. For most of the 1600's it was like this.

It wasn't until something like early 1700's that laws were enacted to segregate the blacks and make them eternally indentured and continue to erode what limited rights indentured servents even had back then. I think one of the reasons the hammer came down was because of slave revolts in the Caribbean and the general pervasive attitude at the time that blacks were more prone to violence (which wasn't the case), it was just easier to stereotype based on the news coming from other places in the world with a majority of black slaves and the rise in revolts.

Look, it's a horrible history but we shouldn't run away from it nor discuss it with kid gloves. The era of 1500 to 1800 was a time of bloody conquest. The technology to traverse the ocean and bring continents closer together created a have and have not situation. The more advanced, violent culture won. And unfortunately, the ramifications of "losing" meant cultural eradication, slavery, stolen wealth, etc.

What frustrates my discussion of this is the thinking this started with the European advancement into the New World, when in reality, it was part of human civiliazation for as long as recorded history (and even before that). Man has always killed it's rivals when it could. Always. We might like to think we're more enlightened here in the 21st century, but we are still less than 100 years from two world wars. There is genicide happening in parts of the world as we speak. There is still endentured servitude and slavery. There are countries will little to no human rights at all.

It's just odd white europeans are the only ones the left seems to want to apologize. I don't hear them say the Aztec peoples should be apologizing and paying reparations to the other tribes they rapes, pillaged and plundered over hundreds of years.

I guarantee you there are women who were quite willingly grabbed and kissed and otherwise molested by Trump (barf, personally) because they were blinded by dollar signs. Stormy Daniels knew him for all of about 10 minutes before she hopped in the sack with him. So in that sense what he said was actually pretty accurate. I know it's not a popular opinion among my feminist sisters, but some women really are ****** for money and celebrity.

I used to hang with a former Penguins player who shall remain nameless and work on some charity events with him. It was disgusting the way women would throw themselves at him. Disgusting because they weren't throwing themselves at me (I was single at the time).

meanwhile

Gov Northam calls Virginia slaves "indentured servants"

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam: "We are now at the 400-year anniversary — just 90 miles from here in 1619. The first indentured servants from Africa landed on our shores in Old Point Comfort, what we call now Fort Monroe."

https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/...://www.democraticunderground.com/100211803362

Except that Northam was correct. The first blacks that arrived in Va. were indentured servants...but rather than Northam stand his ground and correct Gayle King, he gladly succumbed to her little "also known as slaves" interjection.
He really had no choice. To dispute her would be suicide, so he gladly played along.

The difference between the way an interviewer approaches Dem accused of wrongdoing vs. a Republican is glaring.

"We're here to help" is the tone set when interviewing a Dem.

"We're here to take you down" is the tone when they interview a Rep.

Last edited: