• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

VP Pick is JD Vance

I agree. That ain't gonna pull in many voters that are on the fence. Trump be Trumpin'

If anything, I think it hurts him.

Don’t love the pick. Don’t think it really helps him much.
I think i know what they are gonna do... JDVance is going to campaign through the rust belt and trump is gonna go after vulnerable blue states to force Biden to defend and send Harris into the battleground states...

While my preference would gave been Tulsi, it seems like this past weekend made the utility of a woman/minority VP less needed.

I admit, I wanted Tulsi because I thought she could serve as a bridge between parties.

Vance has never stood out to me, but I REALLY didn't want Bergum.

Tim Scott would have been smarter than Vance, imo.

Although I don't know if Scott is truly a MAGA candidate, I DO think Vance is

So... Ok.

Haley was polling 10 points ahead of Biden. I liked Noem til the dog thing came out 🤣

While my preference would gave been Tulsi, it seems like this past weekend made the utility of a woman/minority VP less needed.
Mine too. Yes, because she's a woman and one of color, which I believe helps Trump...but also because she's intelligent... unlike our current stupid cackling VP who only selected as a token.

I have no idea who was on the short list, but as someone who isn't a die-hard Trump supporter, it feels like he's already f&^$ed up something that's pretty important.

I admit, I wanted Tulsi because I thought she could serve as a bridge between parties.

So... Ok.
I liked Scott too.
But aren't we supposed to be racists?

On occasion I listen to Clay and Buck, and last week they both were all in for Vance.
So I'm sure they are very happy.

No to Burgham. Noem is dingy. I liked Scott. He seems to be true blue.

I’m really interested to see who Trump suggests would be his cabinet.

Reactions: JMM
I have no idea who was on the short list, but as someone who isn't a die-hard Trump supporter, it feels like he's already f&^$ed up something that's pretty important.

I'm hoping that Trump had advisors who did the research/homework on all these VP hopefuls and advised him accordingly.

RNC definitely likes JD Vance.
He is getting ready to speak at the RNC now

Last edited:
Cabinet? Tulsi for sure. Others, I probably don't know enough to suggest anyone. Too many RINOs .

Reading on him, it seems that he's a logical choice. Not a sexy choice, but a logical one.

DeSantis is already gearing up for 2028.

DeSantis is already gearing up for 2028.
giphy.gif

So... Ok.
I liked Scott too.
But aren't we supposed to be racists?
I would have preferred Scott too. He doesn't need Vance to win Ohio or the rust belt.
That said, I've seen Vance speak twice this year and he's a solid pick.