• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Watched the Replay from Last Nights Win

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
Some things I noticed after watching the replay.
Although this OL has improved we do need a better option at LT to protect Kenny’s blind side.
Seemed like an inordinate amount of pressure on Kenny from that left side so that needs to be addressed in the off season. LT and LG need better options.
Better instruction from the receivers coach especially with the young guys.
Never heard of Frisbee Jackson the receivers coach but from what I’ve seen he leaves little to be desired.
Pickens, Simms and even DJ could use a better coach at that position. And we have Cal Austin coming back next year.
I think better instruction on route running, awareness of where you are on the field, concentration, coming back for the ball could all be better coached here.
Would love to see Hines Ward, Antwon Randel El come in here as a receivers coach.
ST! Geez! Where to begin with this mess.
Danny Smith should in no way be brought back again to coach STs.
Almost every punt return or ko return results in a holding call against his ST Units but you rarely see that from the opponents STs. They generally seem to be well coached not making the same stupid penalties.
The punter Harvin who was a phenomenal punter in college but gets here and suffers from inconsistency. Is this a bubbles issue or something else? ST’s needs a fresh remake!
The offensive playcalling must change and the offense opened up much more to utilize Kenny’s mobility.
Look how effective Kenny is when rolling out of the pocket on the run and throwing. Man I’d be taking advantage of that with Kenny.
Kenny and this offense must be utilized to their fullest and it’s not even close under this OC.
Must get Big George more involved. That’s pure criminal that he’s only targeted what, four times last night.
Then Muuuth has to be used like Patrick uses Kelcey in KC. The guy just makes plays and needs to be utilized to his max and he’s not.
Continue with the balanced running attack with Najee and Warren. Very nice one two punch.
One last thing. That last drive Kenny displayed he is so capable of putting zip on the ball,
Those passes to Muuuth and Simms were thrown in some tiny windows. That TD pass to Najee was Kenny at his finest. On the run and throwing a strike.
I’m glad I rewatched the game.

One last thing. That last drive Kenny displayed he is so capable of putting zip on the ball,
Those passes to Muuuth and Simms were thrown in some tiny windows. That TD pass to Najee was Kenny at his finest. On the run and throwing a strike.
The last drive was no-huddle so I assume KP was calling his own plays or at least his picks from a predetermined list.

Probably from a predetermined list Ron. I would shocked if Tomlin let him call his own plays.

No ****, they handcuffed BEN till about week 4-5 until he was able to actually audible.

Salute the nation

Probably from a predetermined list Ron. I would shocked if Tomlin let him call his own plays.
He does have a radio in his helmet that shuts off with 15sec left on the play clock. So KP is in direct communication with Canada during hurry up.

He does have a radio in his helmet that shuts off with 15sec left on the play clock. So KP is in direct communication with Canada during hurry up.

What Kenny hears during that "communication":

7689kr.jpg

There’s a video of KP on last drive doing the hands to ears of his helmet then he goes and calls his own play I believe. Classic Ben move.

No ****, they handcuffed BEN till about week 4-5 until he was able to actually audible.

Salute the nation
The fact that a new rookie OC was telling a (how many years) Future HOF Qb that he wasn't allowed to Audible is all I need to know. On no team anywhere else is a HOF super bowl winning franchise QB told by any OC that he cant audible much less someone completely new to the NFL. There is nothing else that needs to be said, heard, or done to knw that Canada is fraud and honestly that's a fireable offense on Tomlins part as well.

There’s a video of KP on last drive doing the hands to ears of his helmet then he goes and calls his own play I believe. Classic Ben move.
Long gain, also, if I recall.

I’m glad I rewatched the game.
All game really...even on some of this misses. The one that got reversed because Dionte didn't get his second foot down...the one that Pickens went out of bounds before coming back in to make the catch...those were really well placed balls.

The fact that a new rookie OC was telling a (how many years) Future HOF Qb that he wasn't allowed to Audible is all I need to know. On no team anywhere else is a HOF super bowl winning franchise QB told by any OC that he cant audible much less someone completely new to the NFL. There is nothing else that needs to be said, heard, or done to knw that Canada is fraud and honestly that's a fireable offense on Tomlins part as well.
I saw KP audible in Baltimore.

All game really...even on some of this misses. The one that got reversed because Dionte didn't get his second foot down...the one that Pickens went out of bounds before coming back in to make the catch...those were really well placed balls.
Yep! That’s good observation by you. That’s what I mean Pit by saying we need a really good receivers coach to work with these guys.
So much of the little things that are missing that could help these guys.