• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Week 7 Other games

Jared Goff's last 4 games (all wins):
18/23 199 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
18/18 292 yards 2 TDs
18/25 315 yards 3 TDs
22/25 280 yards 2 TDs

What does insurance have to do with the cap?

And why would he waive no trade clause or go through any of that? His career is just fine as evidenced by his $4M monthly payments for the next 3 years
You said insurance covers the contract in case of injury... but the Browns problem isnt cash... its cap space... and insurance paying doesnt alleviate that

And why wouldnt he try to get more money... he is relatively young and the payouts to the lawyers and 66 or so accusers probably ate most of his 230 million dollar current one up anyways...
he gets traded, cut, paid.. then serves as a backup for a year or two and angles for one more huge deal from a desperate team

Dang, Stroud threw for a whopping 86 yards today. He took 4 sacks had no td passes or interceptions
Meh Stroud and Purdy get dramatically overrated... both are products of their system

Last season Stroud had worse advanced accuracy numbers than Pickett or Fields did, but his first read WRs were often wide open and simple throws...

Purdy plays in an offense that makes the qb read and throw so easy that when they tracked it last season he was leading that area by a large margin..

Both are young and should progress, but id bet either would struggle much more in a less high tech offense

With Russ in there tonite.....our Offense should look a bit different. Hopefully anyways.
I hope you're right I just have zero faith in Tomlin to ever coach like a Dan Campbell and actually not living in his fears.

What's so crazy about it?

The offense looked better with Rudolph last year than it has with Fields this year.

Rudolph probably looked better in those four games than Fields has in any four game stretch in his career

Fields just hasn't been that good. I'm not really sure what people are watching.
no it didn't

yeah rudy's 10 points were awesome

he is a back up at best

You said insurance covers the contract in case of injury... but the Browns problem isnt cash... its cap space... and insurance paying doesnt alleviate that

And why wouldnt he try to get more money... he is relatively young and the payouts to the lawyers and 66 or so accusers probably ate most of his 230 million dollar current one up anyways...
he gets traded, cut, paid.. then serves as a backup for a year or two and angles for one more huge deal from a desperate team
The browns problem isn't cash or cap, they suck at everything from ownership to the field. There is 0 hope that they turn this around even if they draft Jesus next April...and yes I agree insurance isn't related to cap

Even at $1,000/hr for 1000 hours his attorneys fees are $1M. Victims of the "rub my third leg" scam did not get $2M each... No way. You'd need to lose both legs in an accident to get a $2M settlement. They suffered little injury, no impediment to their future earnings, very little damage that can be proven in litigation, and no bonus for keeping the scandal under wraps.

They probably got $50K each...maybe less for the ones represented by one attorney as a group. I doubt the whole thing cost him more than $5M

Watson has a ton of money and no reason to budge on anything. He sits back and collects another $125M from Cleveland and retires

no it didn't

yeah rudy's 10 points were awesome

he is a back up at best

The offense was easily better with Rudolph. I know many fans just do not want to give him credit for anything, but he was one of the most efficient passers in the league the last month of the season, while saving the Steelers season.

He wasn't bad at all in the playoff game either.

I'm not even arguing that he is that great or anything. Just the offense would have been better with him than Fields. Perhaps even Wilson at this point of his career.

The offense was easily better with Rudolph. I know many fans just do not want to give him credit for anything, but he was one of the most efficient passers in the league the last month of the season, while saving the Steelers season.

He wasn't bad at all in the playoff game either.

I'm not even arguing that he is that great or anything. Just the offense would have been better with him than Fields. Perhaps even Wilson at this point of his career.
it is fine for you to think that

you have a right to be wrong if you want to

very coach like answer. did you get that from Walters?
ohhhhhh

cooch would never say you could outplay pickett

also I admitted the stat was not tell all....just a guage

I'm gonna go cry now about that comparison

or get to grilling my pork chops for dinner....

it is fine for you to think that

you have a right to be wrong if you want to

So do you.

Anyone without a bias would admit the offense, especially the passing game, was better with Rudolph.

Rudolph had a higher QB rating last year than Fields has had this year.

The browns problem isn't cash or cap, they suck at everything from ownership to the field. There is 0 hope that they turn this around even if they draft Jesus next April...and yes I agree insurance isn't related to cap

Even at $1,000/hr for 1000 hours his attorneys fees are $1M. Victims of the "rub my third leg" scam did not get $2M each... No way. You'd need to lose both legs in an accident to get a $2M settlement. They suffered little injury, no impediment to their future earnings, very little damage that can be proven in litigation, and no bonus for keeping the scandal under wraps.

They probably got $50K each...maybe less for the ones represented by one attorney as a group. I doubt the whole thing cost him more than $5M

Watson has a ton of money and no reason to budge on anything. He sits back and collects another $125M from Cleveland and retires

His lawyers literally publicly said that they offered the women 100k each, afterwards 27 cases still remained... 1 still does.. so settling the 26 cost more than 100 k...

So whatever the lawyer costs that are still ongoing
Plus a minimum of 3.9million in payouts to the 39 that quickly dropped out
Then the payments to the other 26... all which quit in phases... so probably with escalating payouts

So his contract is for 230 million
Tge highest fed tax bracket is what? 37%? Ohio state income tax at that level is 3.7% so 40.7% of that is gone right off the bat

That leaves him with 136 million total

Then deduct the 7 million dollars for his agent fees
Then deduct the 5 million dollar fine the NFL dropped on him plus the .6 million in lost wages during the suspension, now we are down to 123.4
Then the 100k per for 39 cases

Then the "over 100k" for the 26

Then whatever it cost for the latest sexual assault case..
its not unheard of for sports figures to settle for very large sums for cases with the worst optics...
plus lawyer fees... and now we are under 100 million left for a guy who lives a lavish lifestyle

I mean he owns a 5.5 million dollar property in cleveland ... he isnt living like a normal person by any means... if he can get more money... he will before he ages out