• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

"Welcome to the Grace Community Church Peaceful Protest"

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
I believe McArthur is in the right for "we ought to obey God rather than man" and "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."

He's also right from an unalienable rights Constitutional standpoint. Maybe he stuck his finger in their eyes by calling the worship service a "peaceful protest," but it wonderfully conveys the government's wickedness and hypocrisy on this issue don't you think?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watc...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Famed pastor John MacArthur, who reportedly has been threatened by the city of Los Angeles with a daily fine of $1,000 or arrest for his in-church assembly, had a blunt response on Sunday as he began conducting service at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, CA.

MacArthur started the service by announcing, “Good morning everyone. I’m so happy to welcome you to the Grace Community Church Peaceful Protest.”

That triggered a sustained standing ovation from the assembly. MacArthur followed by asking, “Are you glad to be here? Everything for us based on the word of God, right? And that means we are pro-life, pro-family, pro law and order, and pro church of the Lord Jesus Christ.”

On July 24, Grace Community Church issued this statement:

"Christ is Lord of all. He is the one true head of the church (Ephesians 1:22; 5:23; Colossians 1:18). He is also King of kings – sovereign over every earthly authority (1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 17:14; 19:16). Grace Community Church has always stood immovably on those biblical principles. As His people, we are subject to His will and commands as revealed in Scripture. Therefore, we cannot and will not acquiesce to a government-imposed moratorium on our weekly congregational worship or other regular corporate gatherings. Compliance would be disobedience to our Lord’s clear commands."

“This is not the first time we as Christ’s church have stood for Truth,” MacArthur added. “We will continue to stand firm for the Truth today like we have every prior day in our 63-year history and as the biblical New Testament Church has done for more than 2000 years. We stand firm to continue fulfilling our biblical mandate from Christ to proclaim the Gospel and assemble together, and I earnestly hope that our stance will encourage other pastors, churches, and the general public across America and the world to also stand firm for biblical Truth. Church is essential.”

Last edited:
Nice find. He's been a favorite of mine for years.