• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What are the odds Cam proves worth $22 mill in 2024?

If Tomlin still has a job and is getting paid,
Heyward should be paid his money too!

Let them ride off into the sunset together next year.

Personally, I’m popping some popcorn and settling in to watch groundhogs' day again, I’m pretty sure it ends the same this time...but who knows?

At least we're not still paying Stephon Tuitt, finally!!!

I say about 0. You need to address that waste of $ too, Kahn; we are not done adding cap space or talent. So what if Shades made a promise he can't keep, give Cam the deserved haircut. So what if Cam gives Tomlin-peak all the time, he is not worth that $22 mill of cap space. And Fitz is making too much as well. You can find at least $10 mill of cap space between those two. Do it.
Lets say you are the "Coach". How do you handle the Cam situation.

Maybe the discussions are going on as I type this; bring up Cam's compelling speech he gave to Big Ben about taking a cut for the team's success. He sure sounded convincing when he said that. Why doesn't it apply to him now? Or is Cam a hypocrite?

Question, not sure if I’m remembering accurately

Didn’t Cam restructure twice previously to free cap room? Honestly I can’t remember if it was once or twice.

If so now that he’s in his final year he should just give money away?

If he has indeed restructured a couple times to benefit the squad he shouldn’t be screwed because his number is now inconvenient…that was part of the plan

Didn’t Cam restructure twice previously to free cap room? Honestly I can’t remember if it was once or twice.

If he has indeed restructured a couple times to benefit the squad he shouldn’t be screwed because his number is now inconvenient…that was part of the plan
Cam never gave up a dime in pay. Now is the time.

Cam’s deal can be extended again lowering his cap number without him losing a penny.

People always seem to think that re-structures are somehow bad for a player, rarely are they. It is nothing more than a different means of getting their money.
- Yearly salaries are paid throughout the year, while counting against the cap that year.
- Bonuses are paid at specific times, and amortized over the length of the contract.

The 2024 payment owed can easily be made as a Bonus, and by adding additional years, reduce his cap hit. While this does help now, it does eat up cap going forward. This is always done under the assumption the cap will increase going forward, and that it will become less cumbersome. Not the smartest game plan, I believe, but done frequently. I have never been a fan of future “debt”, as it restricts your future options.

Whatever Cams earned it he’ll retire one of the greatest Steeler lineman ever! Rather the money go to him that some under achieving yappy wr!

I know it's a business however optics are a part of business practice as well. The things done in Pittsburgh on and off the field mitigate his salary. Give the money up front and let it ride. He is the Walter Payton Man of the Year. I'm thinking the man can still play. Rooney can afford to give the big bag upfront. Then sign Tyler Boyd and Conner Williams.
Please stop it with the Payton award. It has NOTHING to do with his play on the field. Now if he won DPOY award this past season by all means talk about it. I think it is nice and all that he won it but it should have zero impact on what the Steelers decide to do or not do with Cam and his salary/contract.

Restructuring and taking a pay cut are 2 different things entirely

Whatever Cams earned it he’ll retire one of the greatest Steeler lineman ever! Rather the money go to him that some under achieving yappy wr!
Bettis says hi.

Please stop it with the Payton award. It has NOTHING to do with his play on the field. Now if he won DPOY award this past season by all means talk about it. I think it is nice and all that he won it but it should have zero impact on what the Steelers decide to do or not do with Cam and his salary/contract.
WORD BOOTY

I extend him to a two year respectable contract, loaded upfront guaranteed money (less than this year’s salary), then the back 1/2 incentive loaded or “cut” friendly.

He has the option to sign or be waived dedicated June 1. SORRY, that is a hard decision to make but it’s better to cut ties a year early, than a year late.

Glad I don’t have to make this decision, but also remember, I don’t have any friends at the top and can ONLY look at what’s best for the team.

Salute the nation

BEN restructured a couple of times as well, but Cam still suggested taking a cut for the team…………………just sayiN.

Salute the nation

Peppered bacon. It makes me happy

We all know, if you’re happy,.————- we’re happy.

BACON on my friend (Background singing) “Great American Hero”

Salute the nation

I agree that the Walter Payton award isn’t on the football field of play. It doesn’t take away the fact that the NFL considers it their highest honor.

Salute the nation

Maybe it shouldn't but it does. I understand the cap implications but if the Steelers need relief to sign someone Cam would come through.

Restructuring and taking a pay cut are 2 different things entirely
Totally get that
I ain’t taking a paycut

Don’t expect Cam to either
He has restructured to free room in the past though and his current contract could do that too

Just think it’s wiser Wiser to clear the money now

I agree that the Walter Payton award isn’t on the football field of play. It doesn’t take away the fact that the NFL considers it their highest honor.

Salute the nation
Cam has been trying to win that every year he has been in the league it seems. Is it really something that you win on merit or just something they hand out yearly to make people feel good? I find it humorous the number of posters on here that think it is some incredible honor to win. You have 100s or maybe 1000s of players doing something that is above and beyond every year giving back. It is awesome they all do. What are the criterias on who wins? Drawing a name from a hat?

BEN restructured a couple of times as well, but Cam still suggested taking a cut for the team…………………just sayiN.

Salute the nation
I believe Ben's last year he did take a pay cut......for the team. I am thinking it was a $5 mill pay cut.

I believe Ben's last year he did take a pay cut......for the team. I am thinking it was a $5 mill pay cut.

Exactly, probably was 5 million but for some reason I thought it was 7mil.. Either way, he took a cut and CAM should follow suit.

Salute the nation

Exactly, probably was 5 million but for some reason I thought it was 7mil.. Either way, he took a cut and CAM should follow suit.

Salute the nation
Especially after Cam ran his mouth about Ben doing so to "help out the team" at the time. What, good for Ben to so but not for you?