• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What are the odds Cam proves worth $22 mill in 2024?

Well, Lee is a rookie, and in the old Cowher mode of DE rookies, who take 2 years to develop. Leal is a bust. Another "tweener." Milk is milktoast. Are we gonna be left with our FS having to play run all game again?
You might need to if you give up on Cam like you advocated.

You might need to if you give up on Cam like you advocated.
I'm just not delusional: 35 year-old DTs coming off major surgeries are not ultra productive no matter how bad fans/players try to delude themselves.

I'm just not delusional: 35 year-old DTs coming off major surgeries are not ultra productive no matter how bad fans/players try to delude themselves.
We shall see. Perhaps Cam bucks the trend in your mind. My overall point is you don’t gut a position without a reliable replacement. The solution that ails you isn’t always cut bait. Especially after the draft and free agency has gutted the options available.

I'll ask you this question again. You never answer it. What does it matter if, according to you, you are not delusional and some are? What difference does it make towards whatever the outcome ends up being?

But you are delusional. Don't forget we know you.. here we are on page 6 of you saying the same thing over and over. To what end? Validation.

I'm a bit mixed on Cam. He's been terrific for the Steelers for a long time and is amazing in the community. I also think he's a bit of an excuse maker and not the strong locker room leader like some make him out to be...at least not in the same mold of the guys who led those great Steelers defenses. Financially, he's a prime example of a player it'd be better to move on from a year too early rather than a year too late with his contract coming up. It's not always easy, but sometimes better for building for the present and future. Now if he takes a new contract for what he projects to be, then it would make sense for another year or two, they just can't pay him for the player he used to be.

We shall see. Perhaps Cam bucks the trend in your mind. My overall point is you don’t gut a position without a reliable replacement. The solution that ails you isn’t always cut bait. Especially after the draft and free agency has gutted the options available.
Actually, Cam will have to 'buck" father time. Not Lloyd's mind. They could cut Cam and take the $16 mill to bring in a bunch of bodies and let it all shake out. As much as Cam has been hurt it might be a better option. The way our D has been against the run the last few seasons I don't know if it can get any worse.

Actually, Cam will have to 'buck" father time. Not Lloyd's mind. They could cut Cam and take the $16 mill to bring in a bunch of bodies and let it all shake out. As much as Cam has been hurt it might be a better option. The way our D has been against the run the last few seasons I don't know if it can get any worse.
last 3 years he has played in 17 17 and 11 games. he has not been hurt that much.

I'll ask you this question again. You never answer it. What does it matter if, according to you, you are not delusional and some are? What difference does it make towards whatever the outcome ends up being?
Why, while we're at it let's shut down all team Internet boards and end talk radio then. Would you be happy then? No opinions allowed to be expressed, period. Yea, that's the ticket.

Oh it can get worse. For me I am not opposed from moving on from Cam he did us well and I appreciate all he has done. It is just I don’t think they have his replacement on the roster. Also I don’t think his counterpart has been consistent. Rather them address his position next season when free agency and the draft can help out.

Why, while we're at it let's shut down all team Internet boards and end talk radio then. Would you be happy then? No opinions allowed to be expressed, period. Yea, that's the ticket.
Ah, the typical victim response..."Then why do we have message boards, wah, wah, wah."

If you notice, I am not challenging you expressing your opinions about Steeler football. Have at it. I am challenging the idea you express that if we all do not agree with you in lockstep we are delusional.

So again, please explain how a fan's level of delusion matters one bit.

Ah, the typical victim response..."Then why do we have message boards, wah, wah, wah."

If you notice, I am not challenging you expressing your opinions about Steeler football. Have at it. I am challenging the idea you express that if we all do not agree with you in lockstep we are delusional.

Your delusion of getting him to understand your question of delusion is whats delusion-ally hilarious………. :)

You are asking him, an unanswerable to him, question.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
Your delusion of getting him to understand your question of delusion is whats delusion-ally hilarious………. :)

You are asking him, an unanswerable to him, question.

Salute the nation
The thing is that by the definition of some I would be delusional. But my delusion has no impact of the success, or lack thereof for the Steelers.

I pretty much think every year the Steelers have a chance to win the Super Bowl. I think every trout season I'm gonna catch some big ones. Every hunting season I'm gonna get what I am out there after. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not. But to me it is a hell of a lot more fun approaching it that way than fretting over everything. Also, I think I am mature enough to handle and process when things don't go well. I don't take a Steelers loss as a personal affront to me. I think most of us feel this way.

The thing is that by the definition of some I would be delusional. But my delusion has no impact of the success, or lack thereof for the Steelers.

I pretty much think every year the Steelers have a chance to win the Super Bowl. I think every trout season I'm gonna catch some big ones. Every hunting season I'm gonna get what I am out there after. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not. But to me it is a hell of a lot more fun approaching it that way than fretting over everything. Also, I think I am mature enough to handle and process when things don't go well. I don't take a Steelers loss as a personal affront to me. I think most of us feel this way.

Absolutely agree here, same here.................. 20-0

Salute the nation

If you can't understand this there is no use in trying to explain it to you; you are unteachable. So what about those defending Canada as an OC? Nothing out-of-order there. Or Tomlin as a postseason head coach? Nothing f---d up there.

If you can't understand this there is no use in trying to explain it to you; you are unteachable. So what about those defending Canada as an OC? Nothing out-of-order there. Or Tomlin as a postseason head coach? Nothing f---d up there.
That's a cop out.

Again, explain how those defending Canada (I don't remember too many of those) or those defending Tomlin have any impact on results, one way or the other?

And if others don't follow this pathetic existence? OK, there.

Then they chose to not take that type of stance, tough tiddliewonka............. Not everything has to be a certain way or reaction to YOU.

Here I am getting caught up in the world of unexplained existence, even BizZarO world is better.

Salute the nation

Then they chose to not take that type of stance, tough tiddliewonka............. Not everything has to be a certain way or reaction to YOU.

Here I am getting caught up in the world of unexplained existence, even BizZarO world is better.

Salute the nation
Hmmm, OK there, but when you criticize Shades it's all good, but when I do? Double standards much?

That's a cop out.

Again, explain how those defending Canada (I don't remember too many of those) or those defending Tomlin have any impact on results, one way or the other?
I can't teach my dog algebra, no matter how hard I try.