• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What are the odds Cam proves worth $22 mill in 2024?

I can't teach my dog algebra, no matter how hard I try.
Another cop out.

The point is...feel free to have your opinions. That is your right and what a message board is for. People will have different ones than you. Whether they are delusional or not matters not one bit. Whether you are delusional or not doesn't matter. It is a stupid statement to make.

You are so up your own @ss most of the time you don't realize that people may agree with your main point, but it is the stupid comments and the speculative nonsense you always have to add that people object to.

What are my chances of teaching you that? Better or worse than teaching the dog algebra?

Another cop out.

The point is...feel free to have your opinions. That is your right and what a message board is for. People will have different ones than you. Whether they are delusional or not matters not one bit. Whether you are delusional or not doesn't matter. It is a stupid statement to make.

You are so up your own @ss most of the time you don't realize that people may agree with your main point, but it is the stupid comments and the speculative nonsense you always have to add that people object to.

What are my chances of teaching you that? Better or worse than teaching the dog algebra?
Again, you can't teach a dog algebra no matter how hard you try.

The only thing about this debate I really hate is using the 22 million dollar number as the criteria for Cams value assessment... he doesn't get 22 million dollars. He gets 16. 16 million is still a large enough salary to make all the same points without artificially inflating it. 6 million of that 22 million was already paid to him in previous years... it just hits the cap this season. Cutting him or reworking his contract wont save that money. It is sunk cost.

You have to think about those things like two seperate contracts... one paying him for the current season. And one just accounting for paying him for previous accomplishments

Another cop out.

Better on the dog Algebra Teaching........................ But hey, that's just a dog lovers opinion.........................

Thread entertainment value has 2 X pi

Salute the nation

Last edited:
What happened to "Pictionary" ?

Salute the nation
Well it didn't go the way of your double standards; they are still clearly present. LMFAO :pound:

From Merriam-Webster:

double standard​

noun

: a set of principles that applies differently and usually more rigorously to one group of people or circumstances than to another

Last edited:
Apparently Cam isn’t going to report for OTA’s or anything unless he gets an extension. I’d cut him tomorrow. Guy is 35 and not nearly the player he was five or even two years ago. Nobody is extending a 35 year old DT on the down slope. Reference is SN home page.

Cut his ***…guy can’t hardly stay on the field and he’s not worth the headache.

Apparently Cam isn’t going to report for OTA’s or anything unless he gets an extension. I’d cut him tomorrow. Guy is 35 and not nearly the player he was five or even two years ago. Nobody is extending a 35 year old DT on the down slope. Reference is SN home page.
Yeah, I gotta agree now. I have been saying to be patient, the Steelers will address his salary when they need to. They normally don't do things until they have to. I didn't see him playing this game, though. Especially after the things he said concerning Ben back in 2021. Unless there are things we aren't privy to, which there may be, he sure does look like a hypocrite.

The problem is the Steelers don't have too many options there.

Cam already has a contract that makes him way over paid. Now he wants more?

This should make the decision easy. Way to be a team leader Cam. Don't let the door hit you on your overpaid *** on the way out.

We shall see. Perhaps Cam bucks the trend in your mind. My overall point is you don’t gut a position without a reliable replacement. The solution that ails you isn’t always cut bait. Especially after the draft and free agency has gutted the options available.
He ****** them. He says this **** in February they take his 16 million and place it elsewhere and give him a nice parting gift. He is scheduled to make 16 million new dollars. Mr. Team leader can go **** himself.

Cam was not 100% healthy last year, but injuries are piling up for him. Cam doesnt really need the OTAs so it may not look good, but im not too worried about him being ready to go. Im fine with a contract extension, but it has to be team friendly. I highly doubt any team is going to pay him what he thinks he is worth at this point.

I never blame a guy for wanting his market. He is getting his market plus. What he wants is his market plus this year and another year not on the cheap so he doesn't have to move his family. He knows he has leverage because the team chucked in chips with this ridiculous qb situation. They should tell him to go pound sand. They ain't winning **** all this year with that schedule and this coach anyhow. That really pissed me off.

Cam was not 100% healthy last year, but injuries are piling up for him. Cam doesnt really need the OTAs so it may not look good, but im not too worried about him being ready to go. Im fine with a contract extension, but it has to be team friendly. I highly doubt any team is going to pay him what he thinks he is worth at this point.
17 games in 2021
17 games in 2022
11 games in 2023.

injuries not piling up.

I never blame a guy for wanting his market. He is getting his market plus. What he wants is his market plus this year and another year not on the cheap so he doesn't have to move his family. He knows he has leverage because the team chucked in chips with this ridiculous qb situation. They should tell him to go pound sand. They ain't winning **** all this year with that schedule and this coach anyhow. That really pissed me off.
I agree. It's bad enough Cam is a burden on the cap this season. Now he wants to push it further down the road. And you know he has no intentions of making it team friendly or he wouldn't be holding out.

I agree. It's bad enough Cam is a burden on the cap this season. Now he wants to push it further down the road. And you know he has no intentions of making it team friendly or he wouldn't be holding out.
This is what I'd do. 9 million this year 9 million next. Fully guarenteed. Rest is incentives. Take it or f off.

The guy is delusional, makes zero sense to demand new money when you are already over paid

This is what I'd do. 9 million this year 9 million next. Fully guarenteed. Rest is incentives. Take it or f off.
Yeah, if they're going to extend his contract it'll need to pay him like an aging defensive lineman. I'd probably just go one year at a time and pay him what he's getting this year and maybe offer $10-12 million tops for next season. Anything more and the Steelers would be paying too much for an older player. They've moved on from bigger legends in the past.

Yeah, if they're going to extend his contract it'll need to pay him like an aging defensive lineman. I'd probably just go one year at a time and pay him what he's getting this year and maybe offer $10-12 million tops for next season. Anything more and the Steelers would be paying too much for an older player. They've moved on from bigger legends in the past.
The secret to dynasty teams is knowing when to cut ties with aging stars. Not that this version of the Steelers is a dynasty.

Cam is making that decision easy imo.

Yeah, I gotta agree now. I have been saying to be patient, the Steelers will address his salary when they need to. They normally don't do things until they have to. I didn't see him playing this game, though. Especially after the things he said concerning Ben back in 2021. Unless there are things we aren't privy to, which there may be, he sure does look like a hypocrite.
I seem to recall that you felt Cam was going to eventually take a paycut, too, even after his declaration to screw the fans asking for that. I guess he meant what he said, after all.