• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What happened to our rock hard schedule?

Ypu can make decent cases for and against all the teams left on the schedule... but if we go .500 here on out, we finish 10-7 and get another Tomlinshipđź‘Ť
A Tomlinship
Love it!!!

It’s like a participation trophy, but for the above average participants.

Will this Tomlinship break out of the Groundhog Day and come with a cherry on top tho? Maybe two or three cherries??? A kid can dream

Yea and we all know Tomlin's history against weaker teams, not good. He usually just lays an egg.
Fallacy

What’s his current record vs the sub .500s of the league???

Ya just remember those eggs more but those eggs are still under 30% right???

70%+ win rate is not “usually just lays an egg”

Yes, sometimes or occasionally sure
But less than 30% is hardly the definition of usually

Yea and we all know Tomlin's history against weaker teams, not good. He usually just lays an egg.
So that must mean we will probably lose more than we will win the rest of the way.
Correct?
You started this thread to imply that the Steelers got a break with what appears to now be an easy schedule.
Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Would Tomlin have won more with a harder schedule after all?

It's only Week 4. There is a lot of football left to be played and there aren't any great teams this year from what I've seen so far.
Kansas City looked rough last year and still beat that drum. They know how to win and win in the playoffs and in the SB. I agree with you but they are probably the exception to every rule we can think of.

Great coach plus a top tier QB can always leave you in the hunt.

Our rock hard schedule was deflated , despite cooch's Tomlin hate falatio.
Which for the Steelers never means anything. We have seen them beat stout we have seen them lose to the frail. Everything is on the table until the end soft or difficult schedule no matter.

I will say I think they are equipped to go farther this year. But will they who knows…

We heard, over and over, how insanely hard of schedule was. Is it really? Up till now, in the division:

Cinci - 0-3
Browns - 1-2
Ravens - 1--2. Doesn't look so hard.

Other opponents.

Indy 1-2
Dallas 1-2
LV 1-2
Jets
Giants
Washington
Philly

I know it's early and a lot can change, but it's not looking so hard right now. Hardest schedule ever? It doesn't appear to be.
Why stop? I will finish for you
Jets 2-1- Rodgers and crew are good defense very good.
Giants 1-2
Washington 2-1 Rookie QB just had one of the bet games in Rookie NFL History
Philly 2-1 Very solid team

and then they get into multiple division games...

a tough schedule indeed

Why stop? I will finish for you
Jets 2-1- Rodgers and crew are good defense very good.
Giants 1-2
Washington 2-1 Rookie QB just had one of the bet games in Rookie NFL History
Philly 2-1 Very solid team

and then they get into multiple division games...

a tough schedule indeed
I think the rats, Washington, Philly, Dallas, and the Jets won’t be cake walks.

Definitely don’t see it as necessarily easy or beyond doable. Floats somewhere in between.

We heard, over and over, how insanely hard of schedule was. Is it really? Up till now, in the division:

Cinci - 0-3
Browns - 1-2
Ravens - 1--2. Doesn't look so hard.

Other opponents.

Indy 1-2
Dallas 1-2
LV 1-2
Jets
Giants
Washington
Philly

I know it's early and a lot can change, but it's not looking so hard right now. Hardest schedule ever? It doesn't appear to be.

I don't recall anyone ever saying hardest schedule ever. If my memory serves, I think it was the 2008 schedule that was the hardest by far ever in the entire NFL. Yes, that chiseled our team in the wake of Iron sharpens Iron.

You sure seem to like to project your words as though everybody is saying them........... wake up....... not all paint brushes paint wide strokes.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
We once went 11-0 to start, only to fizzle hard

We once went 11-0 to start, only to fizzle hard

Division games are always tough and we are back-loaded with them. KC's offense is not explosive anymore, but their D is very good now. They were not a dominant team last year and still won the SB. The Eagles are a weird team. They struggled to score last year and last week put up 460yrds but only scored 15 points. 8 of those were in the last minute. We dont really have any "easy" games. The giants and maybe the raiders are probably the worst remaining teams we have.

Fallacy

What’s his current record vs the sub .500s of the league???

Ya just remember those eggs more but those eggs are still under 30% right???

70%+ win rate is not “usually just lays an egg”

Yes, sometimes or occasionally sure
But less than 30% is hardly the definition of usually

You're laying an egg 100% in the fact you are trying to explain something to the village idiot and actually thinking he will comprehend what you are saying.

A little Peyote would help you see your way, go to the light ............................................

Salute the nation

Ypu can make decent cases for and against all the teams left on the schedule... but if we go .500 here on out, we finish 10-7 and get another Tomlinshipđź‘Ť
Which would be most impressive since we also won our 2nd straight offseason Tomlinship coming into the season. The Tomlinships are starting to add up.

It's really early, we don't know who is good yet. Which good teams from last year are bad now and which bad are good

Also don't think there have been major injuries in any team yet.

Revisit in November.

I’m telling y’all they better just take it one game at a time and not look past any team. This week it’s the Indy Colts and yes they can beat us if we’re not prepared for them. I’m not and hope they’re not looking at any game beyond the Colts.
Nothing is a given under Tomlin, absolutely nothing.
look, I’m simply not going to bash Tomlin at this point and speculate how this will end.
What I do know Lloyd is what I see in front of me and that is Tomlin is pretty much pushing all the right buttons this season.
He’s got his team prepared so far each week, his defense is playing lights out, he’s handling Justin better than Justin has ever been handled, he seems to be allowing Arthur to run the offense, I like it so far so how can you really bash the guy?
I like everyone don’t know how this season unfolds but so far Tomlin is doing a nice job.

I’m telling y’all they better just take it one game at a time and not look past any team. This week it’s the Indy Colts and yes they can beat us if we’re not prepared for them. I’m not and hope they’re not looking at any game beyond the Colts.

look, I’m simply not going to bash Tomlin at this point and speculate how this will end.
What I do know Lloyd is what I see in front of me and that is Tomlin is pretty much pushing all the right buttons this season.
He’s got his team prepared so far each week, his defense is playing lights out, he’s handling Justin better than Justin has ever been handled, he seems to be allowing Arthur to run the offense, I like it so far so how can you really bash the guy?
I like everyone don’t know how this season unfolds but so far Tomlin is doing a nice job.
Make sure you address the member correctly. It’s Coach Bob Lloyd. There is a possibility another name will be added.

Oh sure, it's a mystery. You may harbor more optimism than me. It's all good. I remember a certain 11-0 start that STILL didn't end in a playoff win. That's what an all defense, zero offense will get you. Tomlin is a slow/no learner so far in his career. Maybe late is better than never?

It's really early, we don't know who is good yet. Which good teams from last year are bad now and which bad are good

Also don't think there have been major injuries in any team yet.

Revisit in November.
Oh sure, wish and hope really hard and you just never know! If Tomlin continues this trend, he will be scoring 32 points a game in the not-so-distant future and then who knows? From 13 points a game to 32, and then God only knows.