• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What is White Fragility?

Is this white fragility?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Place where George Floyd died is now where baptism takes place and Floyd is now a proclaimed Saint <a href="https://t.co/2eX1oAWnpE">pic.twitter.com/2eX1oAWnpE</a></p>— Paleo-Economist (@PaleoEconomist) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaleoEconomist/status/1273264831777341442?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ahhh sainthood.

Criminal, felon, threatened the life of a pregnant women with a gun......yes St Twatwaffle

Is this white fragility?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Place where George Floyd died is now where baptism takes place and Floyd is now a proclaimed Saint <a href="https://t.co/2eX1oAWnpE">pic.twitter.com/2eX1oAWnpE</a></p>— Paleo-Economist (@PaleoEconomist) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaleoEconomist/status/1273264831777341442?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think it is fair to say that America has officially jumped the shark.

I think it is fair to say that America has officially jumped the shark.

Was it Michael Savage who used to say "Liberalism is a mental disorder?"

Now we're seeing just how dangerous it's precepts are to society.

T5iIUjx.jpg

And replaced Bo and Luke with Coy and Vance.

That was like when the Bulls replaced MJ with Pete Myers after the first 3-peat.

Or as Boss Hogg said, "60-40 right down the middle!"

Since systemic racism is something a lot of people here are unwilling to educate themselves about the other side of the argument, it brings up a perfect opportunity to discuss White Fragility:

If you choose to want to learn more, the book can be downloaded here, for free:

https://b-ok.cc/book/3553806/99f7ce

what an absolute crock of horseshit. you actually buy this nonsense? thought you were smarter than that.

Originally Posted by Cope
Since systemic racism is something a lot of people here are unwilling to educate themselves about the other side of the argument, it brings up a perfect opportunity to discuss White Fragility:

Alrighty Cope....let's talk about racism in the US...OK ?

Do Black Lives Matter?
(It is your job to determine if this is a racist rant or just a review of factual data)

An abbreviated exert from L. Todd Wood

Blacks are around 15 percent of the population. Depending on what study you look at, they commit around 40 percent to 50 percent of violent crime in America.

Of course, there is going to be a problem with police. And, of course, there are some bad policemen.. However, those bad apples do not kill black people statistically anymore than they kill white people. Even Harvard said that recently. If you were a cop, and you had to work in a neighborhood infested with crime and murder, wouldn’t you act differently than in a neighborhood where there was little crime? The most effective thing black America could do to improve its relationship with police is to significantly reduce violent crime where they live. Yes, that means change the culture of where you live and your community.

WHAT IF ALL THE BLACKS SUDDENLY LEFT AMERICA, WHICH IS 13.3% OF THE TOTAL U.S.POPULATION:

Amount of people in poverty would drop - 34%,
The prison population would go down by -37%,
Welfare recipients would go down by - - - 42%,
Gang members would go down by - - - - - 53%
Chlamydia cases would go down - - - - - - 54%,
Homelessness would go down - - - - - - - -57%
Syphilis would go down - - - - - - - - - - - - 58%.
AIDS & HIV would go down by - - - - - - - -65%,
Gonorrhea would go down - - - - - - - - - - -69%,
Average ACT scores would go UP - - - - - 5.5 points.
Average IQ would go UP - - - - - - - - - - - -7.4 points, putting us 3rd in the world tied with Japan,
Average SAT scores would go UP almost - - - - -100 points,
The average income for Americans would go UP over $20,000 a year,
BUT DEMOCRATS WOULD LOSE 76% OF THEIR VOTING BASE!!!

We have just had eight years of the first black president. Black athletes, and entertainers, routinely earn multi-million dollar incomes. I can easily name several black billionaires without even trying too hard. A large percentage of black America is very successful. But, it is not enough. Too many black youth are being left behind.

And it is no one but black America’s fault
No one can solve this problem but black America. No one can throw enough money at it. We’ve tried that. Black America needs to look in the mirror and stop blaming others, especially white people.

Blacks have nothing but opportunity in America. Try finding the same opportunity anywhere else in the world. If you are born in America you’ve won life’s economic lottery Take advantage of it. The problem is this generation has been taught an agenda of cultural Marxism by our education system. They’ve been taught to be a victim, and it’s still going on. All you have to do is watch the young black, female student at Yale screaming at the college president to understand that. Blacks in America don’t even know how good they got it.

Don’t kneel when my anthem is played. Too many people died for that flag. You are free to protest but not then. I am free to not watch, or pay to watch you play if you do that. The NFL should make it a rule that you stand for the national anthem. There is no free speech to disobey a private employer on private property. This would solve the problem immediately.

The NFL has deeply offended most of America. They will pay an economic and reputational price, as they should.

We have a real cultural problem in this country, the result of the Leftist multicultural agenda. Multi-ethnicity is perfect and should be encouraged.. Having more than one American culture is destroying the country. But then again, that is what the Left wants.

IRMduvm.png

]
images

I am certainly willing to consider changes to "White America" when it comes to race, both individually and in government policy.

But if the conversation doesn't include "Black America" also admitting fault and the need for self improvement and change, I will continue to refuse to come to the table. I'm just not going to get into a debate where I KNOW, in my heart, that there are significant problems in the black communities that have NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE that contribute to their statistical inequalities. If we are too afraid to discuss these issues honestly and reflectively, then I'm just not going to participate.

The conversation about race in this country by the "left" is just too one-sided. It is too based on blame. Too based in long gone histories. Too based on looking in the past and wanting "reparations" and not enough looking in the future and how to fix the here and now.

I WANT to come to the table and talk about these issues. But there is no room for debate. No room for disagreement. No room to say blacks also need to improve themselves.

Talk about an "echo chamber", NOTHING is more of an echo chamber than blacks and democrats and the media talking about race. And they wonder why nothing ever substantial get done or nothing ever changes.

Elftard clowncar working overtime.

Elfie ... get a life. Then end it.

While we're at it, lets talk about what minorities can do to make police work safer......

COPE, you start....

I think they are already changing their behavior so they don't get killed during a traffic stop. I found it surprising that my black friends had to learn what to do when being pulled over by a cop. 2 hands on the wheel at all time. Only answer with yes sir, no sir. Don't move to get anything without notifying the police officer exactly what you are doing next. I would have never been taught this by my father, and would have never thought about it. When I get pulled over I'm like, oh ****, I'm busted. My friends are like, oh ****, I could die. Honestly I've followed these rules ever since my college roommate told me about them.

Being white, it doesn't hit me as hard, but if I'm being pulled over, I don't want to make this officer's day worse. And these rules didn't help a licensed gun owner from being gunned down in his car in front of his wife and child...

Is this white fragility?

Well George Floyd did start a worldwide protest for BLM. I'm not calling him a saint, but if his death leads to worldwide good, I'm all for a better world.

Alrighty Cope....let's talk about racism in the US...OK ?

Do Black Lives Matter?
(It is your job to determine if this is a racist rant or just a review of factual data)

An abbreviated exert from L. Todd Wood

Blacks are around 15 percent of the population. Depending on what study you look at, they commit around 40 percent to 50 percent of violent crime in America.

Of course, there is going to be a problem with police. And, of course, there are some bad policemen.. However, those bad apples do not kill black people statistically anymore than they kill white people. Even Harvard said that recently. If you were a cop, and you had to work in a neighborhood infested with crime and murder, wouldn’t you act differently than in a neighborhood where there was little crime? The most effective thing black America could do to improve its relationship with police is to significantly reduce violent crime where they live. Yes, that means change the culture of where you live and your community.

WHAT IF ALL THE BLACKS SUDDENLY LEFT AMERICA, WHICH IS 13.3% OF THE TOTAL U.S.POPULATION:

Amount of people in poverty would drop - 34%,
The prison population would go down by -37%,
Welfare recipients would go down by - - - 42%,
Gang members would go down by - - - - - 53%
Chlamydia cases would go down - - - - - - 54%,
Homelessness would go down - - - - - - - -57%
Syphilis would go down - - - - - - - - - - - - 58%.
AIDS & HIV would go down by - - - - - - - -65%,
Gonorrhea would go down - - - - - - - - - - -69%,
Average ACT scores would go UP - - - - - 5.5 points.
Average IQ would go UP - - - - - - - - - - - -7.4 points, putting us 3rd in the world tied with Japan,
Average SAT scores would go UP almost - - - - -100 points,
The average income for Americans would go UP over $20,000 a year,
BUT DEMOCRATS WOULD LOSE 76% OF THEIR VOTING BASE!!!

We have just had eight years of the first black president. Black athletes, and entertainers, routinely earn multi-million dollar incomes. I can easily name several black billionaires without even trying too hard. A large percentage of black America is very successful. But, it is not enough. Too many black youth are being left behind.

And it is no one but black America’s fault
No one can solve this problem but black America. No one can throw enough money at it. We’ve tried that. Black America needs to look in the mirror and stop blaming others, especially white people.

Blacks have nothing but opportunity in America. Try finding the same opportunity anywhere else in the world. If you are born in America you’ve won life’s economic lottery Take advantage of it. The problem is this generation has been taught an agenda of cultural Marxism by our education system. They’ve been taught to be a victim, and it’s still going on. All you have to do is watch the young black, female student at Yale screaming at the college president to understand that. Blacks in America don’t even know how good they got it.

Don’t kneel when my anthem is played. Too many people died for that flag. You are free to protest but not then. I am free to not watch, or pay to watch you play if you do that. The NFL should make it a rule that you stand for the national anthem. There is no free speech to disobey a private employer on private property. This would solve the problem immediately.

The NFL has deeply offended most of America. They will pay an economic and reputational price, as they should.

We have a real cultural problem in this country, the result of the Leftist multicultural agenda. Multi-ethnicity is perfect and should be encouraged.. Having more than one American culture is destroying the country. But then again, that is what the Left wants.

IRMduvm.png

]
images

I'm not going to use statistics to take away from the fact that this is a worldwide movement and my black friends, family and neighbors are in pain. I'm listening to what they are saying and I'm trying to help carry the conversation forward.

Yogi Berra said it best. There are 3 types of lies: Lies, Damed Lies, and Statistics.

I am certainly willing to consider changes to "White America" when it comes to race, both individually and in government policy.

But if the conversation doesn't include "Black America" also admitting fault and the need for self improvement and change, I will continue to refuse to come to the table. I'm just not going to get into a debate where I KNOW, in my heart, that there are significant problems in the black communities that have NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE that contribute to their statistical inequalities. If we are too afraid to discuss these issues honestly and reflectively, then I'm just not going to participate.

The conversation about race in this country by the "left" is just too one-sided. It is too based on blame. Too based in long gone histories. Too based on looking in the past and wanting "reparations" and not enough looking in the future and how to fix the here and now.

I WANT to come to the table and talk about these issues. But there is no room for debate. No room for disagreement. No room to say blacks also need to improve themselves.

Talk about an "echo chamber", NOTHING is more of an echo chamber than blacks and democrats and the media talking about race. And they wonder why nothing ever substantial get done or nothing ever changes.

It's definitely going to take both sides coming together to put an end to this.

Well George Floyd did start a worldwide protest for BLM. I'm not calling him a saint, but if his death leads to worldwide good, I'm all for a better world.

You do realize that BLM was started on a lie to begin with. Right?

I'm not going to use statistics to take away from the fact that this is a worldwide movement and my black friends, family and neighbors are in pain. I'm listening to what they are saying and I'm trying to help carry the conversation forward.

Yogi Berra said it best. There are 3 types of lies: Lies, Damed Lies, and Statistics.

Yogi didn't say that. It's commonly attributed to Mark Twain who wrote those racist works Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. I hope there are no statues of him in St. Louis.

99,99% of your "black friends, family, and neighbors are in pain" due to emotional manipulation from the media. Nothing more, nothing less.

As others have tried to show you, the numbers do not support the butthurt that you keep harping on as the woke FNG in the movement.

Last edited:
It's definitely going to take both sides coming together to put an end to this.

Part of that might be realizing that racism is equal or stronger from black to white than vice versa

.I think you are comfy in your wheelhouse Cope but outside of it there exists an United States that is deep seeded in issues.

Why is it that you hardly ever see black racism towards whites televised?

I have had plenty of times cops targeted me ........... we both come from different backgrounds.

So it is just possible all colors have interactions with bad cops.Easy to play color victim.

Go to a predominantly black Job Corps and see how white people are treated. Should they be scared of black people? Should they start a white people matters campaign and riot?

I had this one white friend that wasn't a fighter like me. I can't count the times I had to jump in to save him from assaults.

So do blacks have bad encounters? sure. So do whites, and latinos, and asians, etc.

I see you minimized statistics viewpoints but they paint an accurate picture. Unstable family and lack of education is the root of the problem.

Part of my early struggles came exactly from that and I bordered on crossing the line many of times if not briefly crossing it.

No cops really are a small part of the problem there is an underlying bigger issue contributing and until that is addressed nothing will change.

Last edited:

22 of my fellow Veterans needlessly die by their own hand everyday. How does that statistic fit into your quote exactly?

First and foremost people need to take accountability for their own actions. This starts with black leaders. Instead of preaching racism and that everyone is out to get them they should be telling communities to educate, parents to be good parents, stay away from gangs / drugs, and just general respect. There are a huge amount of opportunities out there for minorities. It is up to parents / kids / schools to present them properly. Once that culture change is fixed we can revisit the whole white privilege.

At my place a group of kids was walking up the street and they started picking on another girl who was walking by herself. My GF told them to leave her alone and stop being ignorant. This black girl who is like 11 or 12 was like "FU ***** I'm gonna view up there and beat your ***" and she just kept going on. We didn't know any of the kids and this girl was talking to a grown stranger that way.