• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What is White Fragility?

The best way to do it is have strong leadership at the principal and superintendent level. I know it would be difficult but it could be done. People don't realize how spoiled and disrespectful students are today. They need discipline and focus. I run my class like a military school and I get results. Too bad the entire school doesn't run that way.

I attended high school 1974-1979. Catholic high school, all boys. If a student said one word - I mean literally, one syllable - that was not appropriate or in any manner disrespectful, the student faced discipline. Late for class? Better have a parent note. If not, go to principal and sit there while a parent is called and told to come to the school, RIGHT NOW. We addressed the teachers as "sir." (Back then, every teacher in our high school, including of course the Jesuits, was male.) Teachers addressed students as "sir" or by last name, "Mr. [X]."

Guess what? Very few got out of line, very few talked back, and students were on time and ready to do the work in class. That simple.

I attended high school 1974-1979. Catholic high school, all boys. If a student said one word - I mean literally, one syllable - that was not appropriate or in any manner disrespectful, the student faced discipline. Late for class? Better have a parent note. If not, go to principal and sit there while a parent is called and told to come to the school, RIGHT NOW. We addressed the teachers as "sir." (Back then, every teacher in our high school, including of course the Jesuits, was male.) Teachers addressed students as "sir" or by last name, "Mr. [X]."

Guess what? Very few got out of line, very few talked back, and students were on time and ready to do the work in class. That simple.

I was in catholic school briefly as a kid and I remember we got the ruler a crossed our knuckles if we acted up.

It is why my knuckles are big to this day.

(kidding)

(maybe)

:laugh:

I was in catholic school briefly as a kid and I remember we got the ruler a crossed our knuckles if we acted up.

It is why my knuckles are big to this day.

(kidding)

(maybe)

:laugh:
Yeah, that explains why your knuckles are big but, why are they so hairy?

The best way to do it is have strong leadership at the principal and superintendent level. I know it would be difficult but it could be done. People don't realize how spoiled and disrespectful students are today. They need discipline and focus. I run my class like a military school and I get results. Too bad the entire school doesn't run that way.

Never happen. These hacks get hired because they are as PC as the rest of the rotten bunch. They fall all over each other, trying to be more liberal, and anti-conservative. It's like that even here in Wyoming.

I went to public school and graduated in 1989. Back then the teachers and admin didn't play. If a teacher sent you to the principal then that wasn't going to be a good day. We didn't have ISS. Teachers had paddles and they weren't afraid to use them. If it got to the principal then parents would be called and your *** was in huge ****. We didn't even have alternative school. We didn't even have a VP. We had one guy, the principal (Mr. Malone), a secretary (that worked part time), and a school counselor (who I never saw do anything and was mostly there to help students figure out what to do after they graduated). High school had 4 grades and Malone ruled with an iron fist.

Now things have changed. The more modern approach is destroying the school. No discipline, no rules, and no responsibility. The federal govt' through the DOE is a joke. I could share hundreds of pages of crap they send us. We get stuff about global climate change, diversity, and how BLM needs to be taught in the light of modern white racism. It's a joke that needs to be shut down.

Never happen. These hacks get hired because they are as PC as the rest of the rotten bunch. They fall all over each other, trying to be more liberal, and anti-conservative. It's like that even here in Wyoming.

You're right. I don't see it ever happening. Conservatives need to get into education ASAP. We need to start dismantling the Marxist views presented by the left. But like I've said before, I believe it's too late for that now. I think the U.S probably will and should split.

I don't like the way things are going. Arrests are down 80-90% since the one of the cops killed Floyd. The real story the media is not telling you is the criminals and hoods know this, and see an easy opportunity to break the law without being caught.

If this keeps up and cops are afraid to do their jobs, the violence, and crime will be coming to a neighborhood near you. Not that you life matters, a cop has to abuse you for that to be an issue, at least in the eyes of the media.

I don't like the way things are going. Arrests are down 80-90% since the one of the cops killed Floyd. The real story the media is not telling you is the criminals and hoods know this, and see an easy opportunity to break the law without being caught.

If this keeps up and cops are afraid to do their jobs, the violence, and crime will be coming to a neighborhood near you. Not that you life matters, a cop has to abuse you for that to be an issue, at least in the eyes of the media.

It won't come to my neighborhood unless BLM and antifa want to die in mass. I understand some liberal communities might allow this but we won't.

I went to public school and graduated in 1989. Back then the teachers and admin didn't play. If a teacher sent you to the principal then that wasn't going to be a good day. We didn't have ISS. Teachers had paddles and they weren't afraid to use them. If it got to the principal then parents would be called and your *** was in huge ****. We didn't even have alternative school. We didn't even have a VP. We had one guy, the principal (Mr. Malone), a secretary (that worked part time), and a school counselor (who I never saw do anything and was mostly there to help students figure out what to do after they graduated). High school had 4 grades and Malone ruled with an iron fist.

Now things have changed. The more modern approach is destroying the school. No discipline, no rules, and no responsibility. The federal govt' through the DOE is a joke. I could share hundreds of pages of crap they send us. We get stuff about global climate change, diversity, and how BLM needs to be taught in the light of modern white racism. It's a joke that needs to be shut down.

You're right. I don't see it ever happening. Conservatives need to get into education ASAP. We need to start dismantling the Marxist views presented by the left. But like I've said before, I believe it's too late for that now. I think the U.S probably will and should split.

Regarding education, its 100% true universities tilt left. The are tax free, and well funded by grants.The ones with good football teams pay their athletes zero ( At least on the books ) and keep the profits for themselves. What a business to be in! Fat cat city,

The Deans hire liberal professions for the easier liberal arts type of class Once you get to the more challenging courses such as Chemistry, Higher level accounting, Economics, Math, and Computer Science and the professors seems to be more split evenly political.

But those liberal arts type, they teach an agenda. Students pick up on it. Those who speak out might get a lower grade. One really big need is an academic bullying case decided by the Supreme court.

It won't come to my neighborhood unless BLM and antifa want to die in mass. I understand some liberal communities might allow this but we won't.

It depends where you live. If you live near an area with protesters, you should be concerned.

I'm with BLM on holding the the cops accountable and what Trump is doing, but the BLM agenda goes well beyond police brutality.

Antifa, I hope is being infiltrated by FBI and NSA agents. Their goal is to bring down the USA.

It depends where you live. If you live near an area with protesters, you should be concerned.

I'm with BLM on holding the the cops accountable and what Trump is doing, but the BLM agenda goes well beyond police brutality.

Antifa, I hope is being infiltrated by FBI and NSA agents. Their goal is to bring down the USA.

I'm in the heart of dixie. There are no protests here. If there were to be protests there would be counter protests as well. We'd have citizens, police and aux. personnel making sure things didn't get out of hand.

Cops for the most part are held accountable. More so than Drs. that make mistakes and kill people. How about the drug companies that kill thousands a year? Police kill less than 30 unarmed people a year. Even then most of them aren't charged because either the suspect was holding something that looked like a weapon or they charged the officer (suicide by cop). I can't think of a profession that is more scrutinized than police officers.

This is why BLM and antifa aren't worried about black lives OR police brutality. They're fine with blacks killing blacks by the thousands. This is an overthrow the U.S. movement. They are Communists, Marxists thugs. They don't care about police brutality, they just want the issue to push their agenda. CHOP wasn't around a week before someone killed a black guy and wounded another.

This is why BLM and antifa aren't worried about black lives OR police brutality. They're fine with blacks killing blacks by the thousands. This is an overthrow the U.S. movement. They are Communists, Marxists thugs. They don't care about police brutality, they just want the issue to push their agenda. CHOP wasn't around a week before someone killed a black guy and wounded another.

This:
https://www.mrctv.org/blog/flashbac...5r5sUHhPh_ToeeixLc2lJZ46SH72pe7tXularOs3vzhYE

Cops for the most part are held accountable. More so than Drs. that make mistakes and kill people. How about the drug companies that kill thousands a year? Police kill less than 30 unarmed people a year. Even then most of them aren't charged because either the suspect was holding something that looked like a weapon or they charged the officer (suicide by cop). I can't think of a profession that is more scrutinized than police officers.

True statements, all of which are easily checked and verified. Perdue Pharmacy kills more in 24 hours than police do of unarmed civilians in five years.

Again, absolutely true and easily verified. Look at Bullshit Liars Manipulating's own web site about tearing down the nuclear family, pressing for favoritism based on race, and statements from one of its founders, Patrisse Cullors (wait, what? Does color have to enter every goddamn thing involving BLM??), who said, "I think the first thing is we do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia, in particular, are trained organizers. We are trained Marxists. We are super versed on ideological theories."

Their goal is to destroy America and remake it in a way that makes them rich. That's it. ******* "Music Man" in real life, but without the good ending. Swindlers trying to defraud and steal, proving for the millionth time it is a hell of a lot easier to tear down than to build, to destroy rather than produce.

It is far too late, and a split would be a good thing at this point.

I'm in a place that won't put up with these thugs either. Makes me proud.

"What is privilege?....
"Privilege is wearing $200 sneakers when you've never had a job.
"Privilege is wearing $300 Beats headphones while living on public assistance.
"Privilege is having a Smartphone with a Data plan which you receive no bill for.
"Privilege is living in subsidized housing where you don't have a water bill, where rising property taxes and rents and energy costs have absolutely no effect on the amount of food you can put on your table.
"Privilege is the ability to go march against, and protest anything that triggers you without worrying about calling out of work and the consequences that accompany such behavior.
"Privilege is having as many children as you want, regardless of your employment status, and [to] be able to send them off to daycare or school you don't pay for.
"Privilege is sending your kids to school early for the before-school programs and breakfast, and then keeping them there for the after-school program...paid for by the people who DO HAVE TO DEAL WITH RISING TAXES AND COSTS! ...you know, us so-called 'PRIVILEGED' the ones who pay while you TAKE TAKE TAKE!"
Mayor Ben Rozier of Bloomingdale, GA

I'm confused by this, can you expand and clarify?

I'm confused by this, can you expand and clarify?

me too ????

3kt5VHC.gif

ANYONE who wants to work can better themselves in this country.

It is actually pretty hard at this point in America to fail, if you (1) show up on time, (2) ready to work, (3) work hard, (4) respect yourself and others, and (5) behave like a decent, competent adult.

Businesses are dying to find people to work who fit the description I just provided.

Makes me sick to my stomach. A white guy is attacked by a black guy while his brother records it. No hate crime yet. Somebody please explain to me white fragility again. Blacks can attack whites at will and nothing happens. Eventually whitey is going to get tired of being beaten down.

It is actually pretty hard at this point in America to fail, if you (1) show up on time, (2) ready to work, (3) work hard, (4) respect yourself and others, and (5) behave like a decent, competent adult.

Businesses are dying to find people to work who fit the description I just provided.
Coding industry can't get enough coders. There is free school available. They will even mentor people for the entry test to one in particular technical school. Which they have other career choices available. It just takes the want to. I was blue collar until I moved to Pa. I was in the service,truck driver, professional painter, union laborer,pipeliner, tow truck driver, CNA (free too), bouncer, security,etc. Went back to school twice after 40. We know it is harder when you get older to go back and accomplished something. Yet I did. These kids have every opportunity I did.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

You are absolute correct, slash. The biggest victim of the "oh, America is so racist" scam are minorities. Life is difficult. Work is hard - that's why they have to freaking pay me to do it. School is difficult if you care about your grades. Competing in sports, paying the bills, mowing the lawn, taking care of pets, looking after kids, and on and on and on and on. All of it is difficult and done only with freaking HARD WORK.

You spent time and money in school learning skills that now earn you a living. Would have been a hell of a lot easier to keep doing other jobs at lower wage and with less future, but you said, "Not good enough."

Now imagine if you had a built-in excuse for everything in your life, from school to jobs to promotions to apartments to housing. "Racist America will not give you what you deserve." Built-in excuses are damn near a guarantee for failure. Have a built-in excuse for running the marathon? Boom, mile 18, "Doctor warned me about my arches and getting blisters. Better stop now before it gets too bad."

Built-in excuse for school? "These are white classes. I cannot be expected to do well in chemistry, English II, Algebra II, American history, economics, AND PE." Boom, bad grades.

Built-in excuse for getting an apartment? "Landlords are racists. What business is it of theirs about my prior rentals? I'm not giving them information." Boom, don't get apartment.

And on and on. Give people an excuse, and they will use it to explain failure. Indeed, they will use it to aim for failure, knowing they are not going to be held responsible.