• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What is White Fragility?

Circular logic means that there is no logic.

Man, I'm a fan of irony, and you guys really just keep walking into it. Excellent continued examples. Kudos!

You don't know ****. Be glad you're not walking into it right now.

This reminds me of an old joke but it's a funny take on your post.
A blind guy , a deaf guy and a crippled guy are in a bar. Jesus walks in, puts his hand on the blind guy and suddenly he can see. Put his hand on the deaf guy and suddenly he can hear. Jesus approaches the crippled guy and the guy shouts, Don't touch me, I'm on disability. Some people depend on the sickness and don't seek the cure,

I worked in the Disability-Industrial-Complex, and someone had posted this on a wall in the office. It's amazing the entire cottage industry that has grown up around SSA Disability and the Race Hustle as mentioned.

All this white envy has been around for a long time. Just that now the Marxist educational system is bringing it to the forefront.

The late Joe Sobran wrote in 1997:

The concept of envy — the hatred of the superior — has dropped out of our moral vocabulary. The idea that white Christian civilization is hated more for its virtues than its sins doesn’t occur to us, because it’s not a nice idea. Western man towers over the rest of the world in ways so large as to be almost inexpressible. It’s Western exploration, science, and conquest that have revealed the world to itself. Other races feel like subjects of western power long after colonialism, imperialism and slavery have disappeared. The charge of racism puzzles whites who feel not hostility, but only baffled good will, because they don’t grasp what it really means: humiliation. The white man presents an image of superiority even when he isn’t conscious of it. Superiority excites envy. Destroying white civilization is the inmost desire of the league of designated victims we call “minorities.”

200w.webp

All this white envy has been around for a long time. Just that now the Marxist educational system is bringing it to the forefront.

The late Joe Sobran wrote in 1997:

200w.webp

Great obs. Similarly, Carroll Quigley observed that the Arabs weren't angry about the small sliver of land as much as the gentrification and humiliation reminders by the presence of the Israeli in their world:

"The Israeli were full of self-sacrifice, self-discipline, social solidarity, readiness to work, cooperation, and hopes for the future. Their ideology was largely Western, with a devotion to science, democracy, individual respect, technology, and the future which could match or exceed the best periods of the Western past. All these things made them anathema to the Arabs, whose hysterical hatred was not really aimed at the loss of Palestine as a land but at the presence of the Israeli, whose qualities were a refutation of generations of Arab self-deceptions and pretenses."

Not one policy enacted or supported or discussed by liberals during this WHOLE George Floyd mess has to do with the African-American family unit. Not ONE.

No one seems to care that 75% of African-Americans live in single family homes and don't have fathers around. I care Cope. And I strongly support policies that would improve that statistic. But because I am white, but because those policies I support would have blacks start by taking some responsibility for fatherless homes (not ALL, some). I can't be "woke" enough for you.

I have to tear down my white-ness, apologize for european colonization and centuries of world dominance, somehow have to agree to reparations and anything the black left wants, or else be labeled a right-wing bigot, racist and have a "supposed" clinical diagnosis of "White Fragility" imposed on me by a bunch of stuck-up, out-of-touch professors with bullshit degrees in "Black Studies" or "Feminism" who haven't worked a hard day in their lives.

Here, here. Well said and perfectly on point!

I guess this is white fragility too...this is my good buddies house who was a nurse that became a police officer to help more people...
104288255_10219707618995421_9049248439478857349_n.jpg

That is his thin blue line flag that was burned in his driveway.

Ahh makes me want to get one now. I sit in my lawn chair with my rifle.

What about the First Nations?

Is this too fragile a time to bring them into the discussion about race and loss?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

What about the First Nations?

Is this too fragile a time to bring them into the discussion about race and loss?

Eskimos ? What do they have to do with the price of Nike's in Chicago ?

Part of that might be realizing that racism is equal or stronger from black to white than vice versa

.I think you are comfy in your wheelhouse Cope but outside of it there exists an United States that is deep seeded in issues.

Why is it that you hardly ever see black racism towards whites televised?

I have had plenty of times cops targeted me ........... we both come from different backgrounds.

So it is just possible all colors have interactions with bad cops.Easy to play color victim.

Go to a predominantly black Job Corps and see how white people are treated. Should they be scared of black people? Should they start a white people matters campaign and riot?

I had this one white friend that wasn't a fighter like me. I can't count the times I had to jump in to save him from assaults.

So do blacks have bad encounters? sure. So do whites, and latinos, and asians, etc.

I see you minimized statistics viewpoints but they paint an accurate picture. Unstable family and lack of education is the root of the problem.

Part of my early struggles came exactly from that and I bordered on crossing the line many of times if not briefly crossing it.

No cops really are a small part of the problem there is an underlying bigger issue contributing and until that is addressed nothing will change.

Funny you should mention that. We had to pull my grandson out of his high school and transfer him into a private school last year because he was one of a few whites in the school. The blacks picked on him unmercifully all year, stole his shoes, clothes ,money, books and physically abused him on a daily bases. Complaints to the (black) school officials were totally ignored. This year he ended up with us out here in the sticks where there is a better mix of races and he loves the atmosphere and even played on the football team.

I remember when I was a yout,......
I had black buddies that would be fun to hang with until they were in a big group of blacks..... All of a sudden I was a shunned stranger.

White guilt ? Not so much, it goes both ways and always will.

The commie dems have been trying to divide us for years. From where I am standing, it hasn't worked. Maybe they just like me better, but I really see no ill feeling towards me. If I hold the door open for a black lady, she will smile and say thank you. If I drop **** on the floor a black guy will help me pick it up. If I say hello to a black person as I walk by, they will smile and say hi back. I have a small work group (4 white guys 4 black guys and 2 Hispanics) and we all are good friends. And by the way all 4 black guys support Trump. One white guy and one Hispanic does not. Maybe this divide and conquer **** would have worked in the 50s or 60s but its too late. We have melded and nothing is going to divide us now.

Eskimos ? What do they have to do with the price of Nike's in Chicago ?
i was just thinking that lots of folks, from all races, etc have had bad things happen, even terrible things a hundred years or so ago, and fifty years ago, and ten years ago and even recently.

When I see one identifiable group stand up for injustice, I wonder why they do not bring along those who may have similar, or worse histories. For instance, the plight of Jewish folks in WWII Germany was horrific, and much has been said, written, filmed, grieved, etc about the genocide. But almost nothing, ever, gets said about the Ukranians who seem to have suffered even more greatly just a few hundred miles to the east.

As history gets "re-written", and voices are now being "heard", I wonder why that momentum dosen't get extended to folks even worse off historically.

The Inuit in the far north struggle; life is not easy, and government not really helpful it seems. But what about the Iroqouis, Cree, Chippewa, Sioux, Apache, etc.? They seem to have gotten a much worse ride, historically, than other races. In this time of "enlightenment", why are we not awakening to their historical plight?

i was just thinking that lots of folks, from all races, etc have had bad things happen, even terrible things a hundred years or so ago, and fifty years ago, and ten years ago and even recently.

When I see one identifiable group stand up for injustice, I wonder why they do not bring along those who may have similar, or worse histories. For instance, the plight of Jewish folks in WWII Germany was horrific, and much has been said, written, filmed, grieved, etc about the genocide. But almost nothing, ever, gets said about the Ukranians who seem to have suffered even more greatly just a few hundred miles to the east.

As history gets "re-written", and voices are now being "heard", I wonder why that momentum dosen't get extended to folks even worse off historically.

The Inuit in the far north struggle; life is not easy, and government not really helpful it seems. But what about the Iroqouis, Cree, Chippewa, Sioux, Apache, etc.? They seem to have gotten a much worse ride, historically, than other races. In this time of "enlightenment", why are we not awakening to their historical plight?

I am part Delaware Indian and none of that bothers me. But what does bother me is the way the American coal miners where treated clear up to the 40s and 50s. Coal miners where treated worse than slaves because if a coal miner dies they just get another one. Coal mining towns where a trap because once you get there you are automatically in debt and you can never leave. If you try to leave while still in debt you go to prison and your family dies in the streets.

As far as I'm concerned, since I was denied at least one promotion that I know of and possibly more at a previous employer for being a white male, we're even.

03ch70dguv451.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I'm a fan of irony, and you guys really just keep walking into it. Excellent continued examples. Kudos!

Cope...when you've taken the time to mentor black kids, coach them, tutor them, house them, feed them, love them, pay for their clothes, their cars, their food, cut their hair, gone to court for and with them, visited them in juvenile detention, been their approved "weekend away home" through the courts, spoken with their coaches on their behalf, paid for their athletic camps, traveled to go to their basketball games, filmed for them, and generally loved and cared for them...then and ONLY then can you lecture me about white privilege, systemic racism and this joke called white fragility.

Until then, shut the **** up. I'm tired of your condescension toward others here you don't know who you insist on judging.

You claim to be woke and cured of this "disease." So...your turn. Open up. Share with us all how you help the African American community. I want to know, beyond protesting (which can't come close to equating to what I wrote above, every bit of which I DO) what the **** do YOU DO to make a difference? I'm not talking about your endless preaching here or protesting. What do you DO?

Cope...when you've taken the time to mentor black kids, coach them, tutor them, house them, feed them, love them, pay for their clothes, their cars, their food, cut their hair, gone to court for and with them, visited them in juvenile detention, been their approved "weekend away home" through the courts, spoken with their coaches on their behalf, paid for their athletic camps, traveled to go to their basketball games, filmed for them, and generally loved and cared for them...then and ONLY then can you lecture me about white privilege, systemic racism and this joke called white fragility.

Until then, shut the **** up. I'm tired of your condescension toward others here you don't know who you insist on judging.

You claim to be woke and cured of this "disease." So...your turn. Open up. Share with us all how you help the African American community. I want to know, beyond protesting (which can't come close to equating to what I wrote above, every bit of which I DO) what the **** do YOU DO to make a difference? I'm not talking about your endless preaching here or protesting. What do you DO?

"Of some having compassion, making a difference."

Those things you mention are where the real differences are made. Not in the abstract nor for optics or virtue signaling.

You're talking about and displaying Noblesse oblige. Ten years ago, I wrote this article on why the Left has it all wrong, and still does as these threads indicate. Instead of a moral imperative to personally better others, the left wants to harness the power of tyranny to force others to act charitably or nobly by their perverted definitions of charity and nobility:

http://tmp.americanthinker.com/articles/2010/02/noblesse_oblige_why_the_left_h.html

Those things you mention are where the real differences are made. Not in the abstract nor for optics or virtue signaling.

You're talking about and displaying Noblesse oblige. Ten years ago, I wrote this article on why the Left has it all wrong, and still does as these threads indicate. Instead of a moral imperative to personally better others, the left wants to harness the power of tyranny to force others to act charitably or nobly by their perverted definitions of charity and nobility:

http://tmp.americanthinker.com/articles/2010/02/noblesse_oblige_why_the_left_h.html

That's a good article. I've always noticed your writing here to be exceptional. I wasn't aware you wrote for AT. Fantastic.

Great Job! I often read the AT. They have some very interesting articles and authors. I thought you might be in the writing field somewhere.

Just BTW in the article you mention "gradually notions of limited government and a Judeo-Christian worldview were encroached upon by secular humanism". This is spot on. America wasn't even a nation when scientist like Buffon and Leclerc began moving away from creation to a more naturalistic explanation for the origins of humanity. Then in the late 1700's you have Erasmus Darwin along with Lamarck and Culver that start pushing science towards the theory of evolution. By the time C.Darwin wrote the origin of the species (and most favored nations) scientist had already been conditioned to take naturalistic humanism hook line and sinker. It's where Marx got his ideas on societal evolution. So now you have a litmus test for scientist (must believe in evolution) and a political worldview (Marxism) combining to take over the U.S. colleges. It has expanded since then to include taking over the public school system, Hollywood, and news outlets.

Yessir. This here,
I haven’t taken in a kid the way you have. But I have went back to my community to tutor kids and help out with free lunches and the like in the summer. One of the kids I tutored back in 2016 is a straight A student with an academic scholarship to Arizona St. The fact he reached out to me for being a positive influence on him. Makes me feel like I can have an impact on my community.

I’m tired of the shaming and cancel culture ****. I feel like that is just an anger outburst cause they lack the initiative to work their way up.
Living the american dream is absolutely possible. It entails a lot of hard work and failures along the way. People now do not have the mentality nor endurance to strive for it

As far as I'm concerned, since I was denied at least one promotion that I know of and possibly more at a previous employer for being a white male, we're even.

03ch70dguv451.jpg

I got passed over before the furlough for being a guy.
Know the feels

Part of that might be realizing that racism is equal or stronger from black to white than vice versa

.I think you are comfy in your wheelhouse Cope but outside of it there exists an United States that is deep seeded in issues.

Why is it that you hardly ever see black racism towards whites televised?

I have had plenty of times cops targeted me ........... we both come from different backgrounds.

So it is just possible all colors have interactions with bad cops.Easy to play color victim.

Go to a predominantly black Job Corps and see how white people are treated. Should they be scared of black people? Should they start a white people matters campaign and riot?

I had this one white friend that wasn't a fighter like me. I can't count the times I had to jump in to save him from assaults.

So do blacks have bad encounters? sure. So do whites, and latinos, and asians, etc.

I see you minimized statistics viewpoints but they paint an accurate picture. Unstable family and lack of education is the root of the problem.

Part of my early struggles came exactly from that and I bordered on crossing the line many of times if not briefly crossing it.

No cops really are a small part of the problem there is an underlying bigger issue contributing and until that is addressed nothing will change.

Similar approach when I was younger.
I worked hard in school. Was able to experience a higher education out of state at uga.
When I got back to nm, I was quick to blame others for any of my short comings. To truly realize how possible anything is in the US. I had to be honest with myself. I had to acknowledge my success and happiness is up to me. Sure there are status quos, but hard work and character does mean something and that opportunity for anyone is there.

The racial **** is stupid and out of hand now.
The riots and looting set them back again.