• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What last night told us.

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
P

POP

1.) Defense is still paramount to winning. Having a high powered O makes it easier to win too, but D is still crucial.

2.) For all Cam's hype, he isn't a scoring machine. He is no where near as accomplished a passer as the top guys, including Ben. Not even close. He is a physical god, but not fluid at reading Ds.

3.) Denver's new QB ain't a world beater, but as we know from our Cowher seasons, you can win a lot of game with a D and rushing game, as Denver did last night. But come post season, that QB ain't gonna cut it. I am not afraid to face Denver in the playoffs.

So after one game against the super bowl runner up denvers QB is not a world beater. In the first half the offense was moving up and down the field. They had a fumble and had a screen pass tipped and intercepted. He had one other int but was pressured and could not step into the throw. He played very well for a low round pick who had one previous snap in the NFL. His passes had a tight spiral, some zip, and were accurate. Plus he played with poise led 2 td drives to give Denver the lead. Now he may not be a hall of famer, but he has the tools to be good. Can't make judgment after one game either way

Osweiler's ego made him screw it up, had he stayed in denver he would be on a sb candidate team for as long as that D stayed together

What last night told me is I still don't give a **** about the nfl outside of the Steelers

I don't think Denver attempted any deep passes. I expect defenses will start to clamp down on the shirt stuff and dare them to beat them deep.

Osweiler's ego made him screw it up, had he stayed in denver he would be on a sb candidate team for as long as that D stayed together
He still is. The Texans got pretty far with Hoyer last year. Osweiler is an improvement for them and they've still got a great defense.

And in Houston he's not following Elway and Manning, nor is he expected to win the Super Bowl this year or else he's a bust.

1.) Defense is still paramount to winning. Having a high powered O makes it easier to win too, but D is still crucial.

2.) For all Cam's hype, he isn't a scoring machine. He is no where near as accomplished a passer as the top guys, including Ben. Not even close. He is a physical god, but not fluid at reading Ds.

3.) Denver's new QB ain't a world beater, but as we know from our Cowher seasons, you can win a lot of game with a D and rushing game, as Denver did last night. But come post season, that QB ain't gonna cut it. I am not afraid to face Denver in the playoffs.

Last night didn't tell us this. This has always been the blueprint to winning in this league. To go back to 2000 at least there is maybe only two or three teams that won it all on the shoulders of their offense. St. Louis, Indy and New Orleans. All the others winners had superb defenses. Yes and I include XLIII. Defense got us there and Harrison's pick, changed the momentum of the game at the end of the half. I don't count NE in any because of their obvious disregard for fair play.

So after one game against the super bowl runner up denvers QB is not a world beater. In the first half the offense was moving up and down the field. They had a fumble and had a screen pass tipped and intercepted. He had one other int but was pressured and could not step into the throw. He played very well for a low round pick who had one previous snap in the NFL. His passes had a tight spiral, some zip, and were accurate. Plus he played with poise led 2 td drives to give Denver the lead. Now he may not be a hall of famer, but he has the tools to be good. Can't make judgment after one game either way

Trust me. He will never be a world beater. He might not be Landry Jones bad, but he won't ever win a ring, unless Denver's D is 1985 Bears good, and it's not far off.

what fan of the Steelers would use the bears as the example of how good a defense would need to be to win the big game with a so so qb???

An undercover cheatriot fan..............

Salute the nation

I learned that if you can get away with a couple of headshots on a QB then your chances of winning go up.