• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who will win the Republican Nomination??

Who Will Win the Rep Nomination

• Teflon Donald Trump (Drumpf)

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Lyin' Ted Cruz Missile

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Kasich

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Brokered Nominee TBD

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stillers

Reaction score
As stated, tell us SN, who will end up as the Republican nominee??

1. Trump (Drumpf)
  2. Lyin Ted
  3. Kasich
  4. Other (Brokered @ Convention
)

So you're a Kasich guy, or you couldn't think of some stupid nickname for him?

I don't see how they can deny Donald if they want to stay together as a party.

Barring some shenanigans at the convention, I think it's a foregone conclusion that it's Trump.

The real question is, can he win the general. I seriously doubt it.

I predict Trump will get the delegates he needs and be the nominee. Much as I wish it wasn't going to be the case. The party should have forced Rubio out before Florida and Kasich out now. It will be too late when they finally pull their heads out of their *****.

I am still going with Trump getting just short of the needed numbers. At that point the GOP then turns to Bush III and Romney and gives them the ball, Bush/Romney or Romney/Bush, who knows. At that point the Trumpster goes ape ****, runs 3rd party, and Madame President is the new hotness.

2020 rolls around, and we FINALLY see a true 3 party race, DEMOCRAT, NEW 3RD PARTY, republicans. Republicans again lose more ground, fall out of contention, and it again turns into a 2 party clusterfuck.

The only way the Republican party can stay together is to nominate Trump, pretend to support him and hope he looses. Then they can turn around and say "We tried it your way, and it didn't work", then try to regroup somehow.

Myself, I would love to see the Republican party EXPLODE into a major conflagration, and FINALLY disappear, for good. At that point MAYBE we can start to fix things in this country, by blowing up the Democrats too. Dismantling the Democrats will be tougher because the will die before admitting they are wrong, and leave that party. The Republicans will also not admit they are wrong, they will just stop voting for them.

I am still going with Trump getting just short of the needed numbers. At that point the GOP then turns to Bush III and Romney and gives them the ball, Bush/Romney or Romney/Bush, who knows. At that point the Trumpster goes ape ****, runs 3rd party, and Madame President is the new hotness.

2020 rolls around, and we FINALLY see a true 3 party race, DEMOCRAT, NEW 3RD PARTY, republicans. Republicans again lose more ground, fall out of contention, and it again turns into a 2 party clusterfuck.

The only way the Republican party can stay together is to nominate Trump, pretend to support him and hope he looses. Then they can turn around and say "We tried it your way, and it didn't work", then try to regroup somehow.

Myself, I would love to see the Republican party EXPLODE into a major conflagration, and FINALLY disappear, for good. At that point MAYBE we can start to fix things in this country, by blowing up the Democrats too. Dismantling the Democrats will be tougher because the will die before admitting they are wrong, and leave that party. The Republicans will also not admit they are wrong, they will just stop voting for them.

What specific platform do you think this 3rd party would stand on? Trump populism, Paul Libertarianism, Tea Partyism?

A 3rd party in this country will be equivalent to the European Nationalist party.

It will separate current "Republicans" into groups that are more religious and groups that are not religious.

Honestly I didn't know any dumb nicknames for Kasich. He's fine though, never gonna get the nomination.

I think it's going to be interesting because the Republican Party is posturing like they will not support Trump if he doesn't clinch the nomination.

So I want to see them drive the bus off the cliff at the convention.
That's essentially what they'd be doing, blowing up the Republican party aaaaaand handing Lyin Hillary the white House keys.

Oh the gnashing of teeth that will take place for the next 4 years.

I agree with whoever said that the best plan for the longevity of the party is to grin and bear it if Trump leads in the delegate counts come convention time. Pretend to support him, and secretly pray he loses.
Then you have 4 years of rubbing everyone's nose in this folly that was Donald Trump.