• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why didn't Haley run the ball more often when the game was close?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Any ideas?

Yeah not a great game plan.

Bell could have been used more to help cover for O and D fails........

I mentioned this in another thread.. but running Bell 10x is questionable no matter who they're playing. I think coaching on every level is to blame here. Very poor game plan.

Ben had little time or open receivers to throw to for most of game.

Bullshit.....he missed The Outlaw and chose a covered WR a few times and was way off on a few more throws. He opted for targets 20 yards downfield when he had stuff underneath. He got smarter when the game was out of reach opting to utilize Bell more and we moved the chains. I felt he wanted to appease Brown more,and as a result, he forced it.

Cause Haley is a moron. The 3rd and 1 pass from Landry as we were moving to the half with the lead is where the game began to slip away.

Absolutely moronic strategery there. Mark this day as holy crap I fully agree with Coach on this one!

Cause Haley is a moron. The 3rd and 1 pass from Landry as we were moving to the half with the lead is where the game began to slip away.

Absolutely moronic strategery there. Mark this day as holy crap I fully agree with Coach on this one!

Yes yes yes, WHY we didn't run the ball there is ******* BAFFLING. REALLY, you're putting this ******* game in the hands of Landry ******* Jones? When you have Levion Bell? ARE YOU ******* ******** ME?

Joe

Ben had little time or open receivers to throw to for most of game.

I saw targets open through out the game. To me, it looked like Ben wasn't reading the defense well at all and for the most part, wasn't prepared to play.

Because that's just what they'll be expecting. Occasionally Todd channels The Bruce.

Leveon needs to be the focal point of this offense..give him the ball and it will open up the playbook. And keep our wounded defense on the sidelines

I saw targets open through out the game. To me, it looked like Ben wasn't reading the defense well at all and for the most part, wasn't prepared to play.

He, nor most of the players, were prepared to play. Who has the job of getting the team focused and prepared to play?

I was surprised we didnt run the ball more. Especially after Bens injury. He wasnt stepping into his throws.

Part of the problem was every time they tried to establish the running game, they would have a solid gain negated by a holding call, putting them behind the chains.

I believe that happened twice in the first half.

Yeah, the play calling was bad today, but the blocking was worse

Leveon needs to be the focal point of this offense..give him the ball and it will open up the playbook. And keep our wounded defense on the sidelines
Something I have been thinking for a long time. An art we have forgotten. Ball control,move the chains,milk the clock. Look ,we all love the long bomb, but JHC. Move the chains,keep their O on the sidelines.

The Dolphins allowed 150.8 yards on the ground prior to this game. I would have run the ball 30-35 times between Bell and Williams.
So would have I. But is it sexy enough? Seems we have such a depth of offensive talent,that we have to spread it around to keep players happy. I am positive they would have won today using a run run run game plan. We all watch the games. I love Ben,but we all know when he is off. And it happens more times than it should.

can't put it all on the OC when Ben has free reign...

any player wants the highlight reel. Need to play ball control...not have our Tomlin D out there 90% of the game.

When you've got both Bell and DeAngelo... I just can't understand it.

They should have been running the ball like crazy and then taking shots as the defense boxed in. And now... we have Landry against the cheaters. This will be AWESOME. Bet we'll see some ******* Bell NEXT week!

They had their full back healthy too for the first time I think

THIS!!! I was at the game and Bell was moving the ball at will. 3rd and 1 and you throw with Landry?!?!?!?! ******* stupid! The stadium was 60/40 steelers fans and the collective groan was unbelievable.