• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why Do Republican Presidents Leave Messes for Dems to Clean Up?

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
I think Eisenhower was the last one not too. Nixon/Ford left the scandal, Reagan/Bush left the start of high deficits and recession, W left the financial crisis, Trump tops them all with massive deficits, out of control pandemic and sinking economy. Just curious what the excuses will be.

Trump tops them all with massive deficits, out of control pandemic and sinking economy.

LMAO, you mean the 6.7 trillion in debt that Trump added (3+ trillion was directly attributed to Covid) but NOT like Obama adding 9 trillion dollars to the debt with no pandemic to blame it on? Trump's addition to the national debt was 33%. Clinton raised it by 31% and Obama raised it by 76%. Or maybe we should talk about Obama causing insurance premiums and deductibles to go up by 150%? Or the fact that the entire world is experiencing the same pandemic and NOBODY has a solution for how to stop it without decimating the economy?

But those facts are too much for an ignorant liberal to comprehend. Someone break out the coloring book and crayons for the leftists.

I think Eisenhower was the last one not too. Nixon/Ford left the scandal, Reagan/Bush left the start of high deficits and recession, W left the financial crisis, Trump tops them all with massive deficits, out of control pandemic and sinking economy. Just curious what the excuses will be.

I just had a BLT with peppered bacon and extra mayo. romaine lettuce instead of bread. mighty tasty

I was too busy to run out for lunch today so I had Jersey Mike's delivered. #13 Original Italian, Mike's way.

I like Jersey Mikes...nothing compares to some of the great hoagies around the Burgh, but their bread is damn good and their fillings are always fresh. Kind of limited on good Sammich shops in Indy.

Why do freeloaders think their opinions matter?

And to answer the question - you mean like how a Republican got us entangled in a civil war in Vietnam?
And how a Republican diddled away as the country lurched towards its own civil war?
And how a Republican was caught with his pants around his ankles as the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor?
And how a Republican watched as ****** nutjobs paraded 52 Americans around like pets?
And how a Republican oversaw an economy with 10% unemployment, 13% inflation AND 18% interest rates?
And how a Republican put China in the WTO and killed millions of American jobs?
And how a Republican ran an economy for eight years that saw puny growth along with massive underemployment and staggering deficits?

You blithering imbecile, the problems with Donald Trump (*sob* he's such a meanie) are nothing compared to what the idiots known as (D)umbocrats have done to this nation.

I was too busy to run out for lunch today so I had Jersey Mike's delivered. #13 Original Italian, Mike's way.

Just had a Jersey Mikes open up the road from me. it took over for a Jimmy Johns. how would you compare them?

Just had a Jersey Mikes open up the road from me. it took over for a Jimmy Johns. how would you compare them?

Jersey Mikes is leaps and bounds ahead of Jimmy Johns in my opinion. I think the bread is much better and I hate that Jimmy Johns hollows out the bread to fit a half pound of lettuce on the sandwich. I will say, I think the pickled peppers at Jimmy Johns is better than the pepper relish at Jersey Mikes.

Jersey Mikes is leaps and bounds ahead of Jimmy Johns in my opinion. I think the bread is much better and I hate that Jimmy Johns hollows out the bread to fit a half pound of lettuce on the sandwich. I will say, I think the pickled peppers at Jimmy Johns is better than the pepper relish at Jersey Mikes.

I low carb so I do the unwhich deal. just lettuce no bread. I cheat every once in awhile. I gotta try this Jersey Mikes deal.

Agreed. Mike's bacon is legit too, not that limp rubbery crap like JJ's.

Occasionally I like 5 Guys, but I think they may have died from the Chinese plague.

Shame, nothing like a greasy cheeseburger every now and then.

21 must be talking about the mess he made in the Middle East. How Trump kept wanting to send more troops to Afghanistan. How Trump wanted to shell out more money to the bully of the middle east. Or maybe it was the $200 Medicare cards for seniors. Oops that one got KOed by the democrats because they thought it might be buying votes and they feared the seniors might remember it in Nov. Regardless who you were going to vote for that card sure would of been nice to offset some of my prescription costs.

Dude. I just made the most banging steak stir fry of my career. I had a **** ton of vegi in that ****, the gravy/sauce was on point and the char on the beef perfect. Damn that **** came together.

LMAO, you mean the 6.7 trillion in debt that Trump added (3+ trillion was directly attributed to Covid) but NOT like Obama adding 9 trillion dollars to the debt with no pandemic to blame it on? Trump's addition to the national debt was 33%. Clinton raised it by 31% and Obama raised it by 76%. Or maybe we should talk about Obama causing insurance premiums and deductibles to go up by 150%? Or the fact that the entire world is experiencing the same pandemic and NOBODY has a solution for how to stop it without decimating the economy?

But those facts are too much for an ignorant liberal to comprehend. Someone break out the coloring book and crayons for the leftists.

People always want to gloss over how the fiscal deficits under Obama were largely a product of the economic collapse that took place just before he took office.

The deficit shrunk considerably doing Obama's second term, as the economy improved.

Trump actually grew the deficit amid a good economy before the pandemic was even a thing.

People always want to gloss over how the fiscal deficits under Obama were largely a product of the economic collapse that took place just before he took office.

The deficit shrunk considerably doing Obama's second term, as the economy improved.

Trump actually grew the deficit amid a good economy before the pandemic was even a thing.

Actually, people want to gloss over who controls the goddamn spending. Bammy's first two years? (D)ims held all the power, deficit exploded. Later? (R)'s ran the House, and as you correctly note, spent a ****-ton less.

Trump first two years, (R) ran the spending. Declining deficits. Last two? (D)ummies and spending exploded.

He moderately reduced the deficit, yet grew the debt. A lot. Until a President actually makes the debt go down, the size of the deficit doesn’t really matter. Perhaps if congress would actually demonstrate some fiscal responsibility and not keep spending more than they steal, I mean take in, this shot would be under control a bit.

We can blame presidents all we want for debt and deficits, but the truth is that congress bears at least as much responsibility.

Actually, people want to gloss over who controls the goddamn spending. Bammy's first two years? (D)ims held all the power, deficit exploded. Later? (R)'s ran the House, and as you correctly note, spent a ****-ton less.

Trump first two years, (R) ran the spending. Declining deficits. Last two? (D)ummies and spending exploded.

Republicans controlled congress in 2017 when the corporate tax cuts were passed. That's what expanded the deficit in 2018 and 2019.

Not sure how you can blame Democrats when they did not take over the house until 2019 and the Republicans still controlled the Senate.

It's going to be amusing watching Republicans/conservatives magically become deficit/debt hawks again after not giving a **** about it for four years.

He moderately reduced the deficit, yet grew the debt. A lot. Until a President actually makes the debt go down, the size of the deficit doesn’t really matter. Perhaps if congress would actually demonstrate some fiscal responsibility and not keep spending more than they steal, I mean take in, this shot would be under control a bit.

We can blame presidents all we want for debt and deficits, but the truth is that congress bears at least as much responsibility.

Let me correct you on two things.

1 ) The house controls spending all a President can do is veto. Since usually the spending bills are veto proof it’s a moot point.

2 ) Deficit spending is spending more money than is available so it grows the debt. Until deficit spending ends the debt will grow until the currency collapses and the economy crashes.

Congress passes the budgets and the President signs or vetoes them. There is definitely a sharing of responsibility.

There needs to be some semblance of balance between tax policy and spending, but neither party really has the political courage to do it.

Promises of tax cuts and more spending is what wins at the ballot box.

Last edited:

Dunno. The first time it happens let me know.

So much iaccuracy in one post it's kind of hard to find the time to address it all.

Maybe one day when I'm bored.

Count me in the Jimmy Johns camp. Love their hot peppers.

Probably more. Because there is no line item veto any initiative a president tries to push through is at the mercy of Congress stuffing it with pork. Witness the multiple attempts at covid relief that were packed with dozens of expenditures having nothing whatsoever to do with covid. Our system is broken.

Probably more. Because there is no line item veto any initiative a president tries to push through is at the mercy of Congress stuffing it with pork. Witness the multiple attempts at covid relief that were packed with dozens of expenditures having nothing whatsoever to do with covid. Our system is broken.

The system isn’t broken, the people executing the system are what’s broken. To do what they do, and do it right requires integrity, honesty, principles, discipline and a desire to serve their constituents fairly. They have none of that.

The system isn’t broken, the people executing the system are what’s broken. To do what they do, and do it right requires integrity, honesty, principles, discipline and a desire to serve their constituents fairly. They have none of that.

This! ^^^^. You have very few solid people in government. Mostly scumbags I wouldn't trust to run a lemonade stand.