• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why even play any of our guys coming off injury?

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I know the any given Sunday ****, and no team would just give up, but why even bother letting guys like Shazier, Gilbert, Coates, Wheaton, etc even play this week?
We aren't winning this game without Ben and the injuries, why not just let guys rest this week and then the bye and go for the 1st round bye in the second half of the season.

There is not a single coach in the history of the NFL that would agree with this loser logic. We can still beat them. It will just... be really hard and seems very unlikely.. but you play to win the game. Come on

I know the any given Sunday ****, and no team would just give up, but why even bother letting guys like Shazier, Gilbert, Coates, Wheaton, etc even play this week?
We aren't winning this game without Ben and the injuries, why not just let guys rest this week and then the bye and go for the 1st round bye in the second half of the season.

you can instill a loser mentality that way in the long run. That's what every coach would tell you

The cheaters usually spank the team's that they should spank, which will be us on Sunday.

But stranger things have happened.............I guess.

I'm not saying rest healthy guys, but guys that are still dinged up, I think it'd be stupid to play them this week.
I ******* hate the Patriots, but we aren't beating them with Jones and our #2 and #3 WR's are hurt. It's not a loser mentality when you're looking at the big picture.

If the guys can reasonably go, you put them out there. Anything less is quitting and unacceptable.

I was SO hoping that Burfict and Brady would have met during the game this past Sunday.

No, quitting would be sitting healthy guys, I'm talking guys with knee, ankle, fractured thumbs, and ****** up shoulders that are very easily reinjured if not healed

If the training staff feels a "player" is ready, then they are ready. They know a hell of a lot more as to who is and who isn't ready. PLAY who is ready. Don't quit on the season yet or even one single game. We can win this game and it will take a different game plan, but we have the capabilities.

Salute the nation

If they are at a risk of aggravating their injury due to being questionable, sit them. IF they would be probable in the old way of listing injuries, play them.

I think that it absolutely sends the wrong message to your team. Hell, I've already seen that lets quit look in their eyes in two games already this young season so no I wouldn't sit them if they can play.

******* play to win. If they win they win. If they lose. Us here on Steeler Nation will go on some fukashima radioactive melt down ****. But as of today the Steel City good guys stand a chance against those Bostonian hoodie dudes

Not quitting on the season, trying to save the season, I think if healthy we can beat them. Just with the bye week I let these guys get an extra week

can we forfeit to save ourselves the *** spanking?

I'm as optimistic as they come. Without Ben, we get wrecked this weekend. Expect a heavy dose of the run and Blount will have his way with us. Brady will pick his spots and pick us apart.

**** this game, get healthy, and this team can run the table.

The Patriots are not unbeatable.

They are for the Steelers. Agree with coryea, there is no point in playing partly healthy people against a team we regularly lost to when our defense was a lot better than it is now.

I think that it absolutely sends the wrong message to your team. Hell, I've already seen that lets quit look in their eyes in two games already this young season so no I wouldn't sit them if they can play.

The right message would be Tomlin and Butler bending over butt naked in the locker room with a tube of lube and saying this is for Belicheat and Br*dy to **** us up the *** again.

Last edited: