• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

XFL Thread

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
If you didn't notice, the XFL actually kicked off this weekend. It has an actual affiliation with the NFL.

Biggest Rule Changes
No extra point kicks. Moust run a play. 2-yard line = one point; 5-yard line = two points; 10-yard line = three points

Clock keeps running after incomplete passes

No Kickoffs - Instead the teams begin play five yards apart - kicking team at opponent’s 35-yard line and return team at own 30-yard line

Onside Kick - Teams can choose to do a traditional onside kick OR in 4th qtr only run a single 4th and 15 conversion from own 25-yard line

Double Forward Pass - If a first forward pass is completed behind the LOS, offense can throw a second forward pass while still behind the line.

Overtime - college style. Alternating attempts from the 5 yard line

Quite a few former steelers coaches and players involved

Coaches - Former Steeler
Jonathan Hayes - OC Arlington Renegades
Tim Lewis - DC Arlington Renegades
Hines Ward Head Coach - San Antonio Brahmas
Joey Porter - LBs - San Antonio Brahmas
Jim Haslett - HC Seattle Sea Dragons
Bruce Gradkowski - OC St Louis Battlehawks
Rod Woodson - HC Vegas Vipers
Ray Sherman WRs Vegas Vipers
Darren Perry DBs Vegas Vipers

Players - Former Steelers
Sean Davis DB - Houston Roughnecks
Paxton Lynch QB - Orlando Guardians
Eli Rogers WR - Orlando Guardians
Kalen Ballage RB - San Antonio Brahmas
Tuzar Skipper LB Seattle Sea Dragons
Antoine Brooks DB Seattle Sea Dragons
Travis Feeney LB St Louis Battlehawks
Martavis Bryant WR Vegas Vipers

Penn Staters
Ellis Brooks LB - DC Defenders
Micheal Menet OL - Seattle Sea Dragons
Shareef Miller DB - Seattle Sea Dragons
Steven Golzalez OL St Louis Battlehawks
John Lovett RB Vegas Vipers
Robert Windsor DL Vegas Vipers

The extra points are interesting. Two forward passes I don't like.

I hate everyone one of those rules
nobody-cares-nobody-gives-a-fck.gif

😏

Is the flow of the game??

How “flag” happy are the officials ?

What was the typical or that game final score ?

I’m all for the XFL but if it is successful, being under NFL rule, it will become a minor league for the NFL.

Salute the nation

I caught a little of the Woodson game. Hard for me to get into a non Pittsburgh QB weak league.

It would be nice if it turned into like a farm league for the NFL but I dunno if there is enough there to prevent it from failing like many have before.

I watched Hines game. I think the kickoffs are weird, but I liked watching them. Nothing else was on

hmmmm Hines Ward and Rod Woodson as head coaches. Interesting. I'll have to find the schedules and tune in.

I'll have to search YouTube to see if any games are posted..................... I don't have regular TV ande not complaining.!!!

Salute the nation

The new rules all feel like gimmicks. Overall, the kickoff rule wasn’t too bad. I don’t like taking the extra point kicks out and three-point conversions is too much. Anything to push an NFL game closer to 2.5 hours would be ideal (they’d never cut commercials though).

I did like the transparent review process. Everything should be done from the booth and finished within 30 seconds or the play stands. That would be clear and obvious. The mics on the coaches was kinda cool.

I liked it. The guys were allowed to play, not chase flags. The guys seemed happy to play. I'll watch it.

I can't help but wonder if the XFL and USFL will merge. That could be interesting.

Just watched the condensed replay of the game Ward coached. He lost in the last seconds, but it was cool.

We probably should have kept Belage, based on that, however legit that show is.

I like the 1, 2, 3 PAT thing. Keeps urgency in the game.

The only thing is these spring leagues never last. Aside, good to see familiar names

Just watched the condensed replay of the game Ward coached. He lost in the last seconds, but it was cool.

We probably should have kept Belage, based on that, however legit that show is.

I like the 1, 2, 3 PAT thing. Keeps urgency in the game.

Do you have the “XFL” Ticket (how much did that cost) or where did you find the condensed version……?

Salute the nation

I think if NFL partnered and if you had some guys (UFA's) you wanted to see you could designate them by paying their contract. Say they made 600k divide that by games played and that is their game cheque. Then you would see some of these practice squad guys and see if they develop.

Interesting part of the Ward block is that there is no helmet to helmet contact. Dudes jaw broke from hitting the ground or sheer force of collision.

Interesting part of the Ward block is that there is no helmet to helmet contact. Dudes jaw broke from hitting the ground or sheer force of collision.

Might want to re-watch that clip.

Salute the nation