• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Your draft would have been what? Post them here.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Your draft would have been what?

1 ) FS Reid. I don't have access to background reports, so if there were character issues such Reid plans to be an anthem take a knee media guy, I'd pass and take another player. Until then he's a good cover guy, fast 4.40 speed and tall at 6'1". Great hands. A true sideline to sideline defender, for man, or zone. Not ideal for slot coverage, but so what we'd got corners for that. For the record, I did like Edumunds and mentioned him in my mock drafts, just not for round one. If it were round two, I would have applauded the pick.

2 ) ILB Baker. Baker has rare speed for the position, a need. Williams is too slow. Baker is solid on the blitz, can force fumbles, and gets his hands on his share of passes as well. Good at making tackles behind the line of scrimmage. An OSU guy replaces an OSU guy, with Shazier offering pointers.

3A ) QB Rudolph. I would have been all right with Rudolph in round two; he's a steal in round three! Same pick as the Steelers. A top deep passer, good on leading receivers. The fact is the Steelers, while Ben is playing will never have a top 10 pick, which is where the best prospects go, so this pick is a calculated one. We'll find out if Rudolph can play after 100 practices and a few pre-season games. I think he went to the right team. An impressive speaker with a good football mind, he'll work to get better.

3B ) DT/NT Phillips. Strong as a bull yet very active vs. the run or pass, with unusual stamina and effort for a large player. This guy loves to play football and can get into the backfield. He's exactly what we need in 3 or 4 man fronts. Hargrave to me gets pushed around too often and doesn't add much as a pass rusher.

5A ) Punter Dickson. I think he's a Pro Bowl punter, about 1.3 million cheaper than Berry. A Pin them back, drop it inside the 10-yard line, a guy who can boom if for instance, go for hang time type of punter. A really good punter can help a defense, which is the theme of my draft

5B ) RB Samuels, Same pick, same round. A do it all type, who has some speed. A beast in the red zone. We can use a player like this. A Steeler power back, who can play some H back too. Decent speed. Very scheme flexible.

7 ) WR Foster. A former five-star recruit for Alamaba, he did not pan out or get drafted. However, he's 6'2" tall with 4.4 speed and moldable traits for the coaches. Foster has rare upside for round seven. I wonder if he could return kicks if given the chace?

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4...sults-2018-updates-live-by-college-conference

My Steelers Draft grade 2018

1 ) Safety. Edmunds.

Value for round C
Value for need B+
Value for upside A
What type of NFL player do I think he'll be? B. A good starter.

Overall grade B. A top sub-package player who can play nickel or dime ILB. should be able to cover most Tight Ends. An X-factor type in situational football. A Strong safety with good hands. Top character. I wonder how he'll be in coverage vs. NFL WR's and suspect the answer is so-so. I like Edmunds and would have been very happy with him in round two if we didn't pick a S or ILB in round one.

2 ) Wide Receiver Washington. A decent player, but hardly a need. Wish we would have gone defense here. A bit of a one trick pony vs. those Big 12 defenses with the best deep thrower in college football helping him out.

Value for round B
Value for need D
Value for upside B
What type of NFL player do I think he will be? B-

Overall Grade B- A deep ball type, but without blazing speed. Long arms for his size, physical, but not well refined on routes. With Brown playing at a hall of fame level and Ju-Ju possibly a Pro Bowl player, did we really need this pick? A 3rd WR is not too hard to find in NFL free agency or the draft later. Washington could have higher than normal bust potential, beating many of those Big 12 DB's with top deep passer throwing it.

Quarter Back Rudolph.

Value for Round A+
Value for Need B+
Value for Upside B
What type of NFL player do I think he'll be? B

Overall Grade B+ I have been a fan of Rudolph's for a while and seen him play a few times. He's big, durable, accurate, and can lead his receivers. A top deep ball thrower. Decent on play action. Though not very mobile he ran for a lot of touchdowns in college. Went to the right team. Rudolph could have some of Tom Brady's work ethic and QB smarts; he handles himself well while speaking. We could have something here. Bottom line, we will not have a top 10 pick with Ben playing, so this is a calculated gamble for the future as Landry Jones is not the future and Dobbs is lucky to be on an NFL team.

Offense Tackle. Okorafor.

Value for round C+
Value for Need B-
Value for Upside C+
What type of NFL player do I think he will be. C-

This pick upset me. Okorafor did not test well. He was weak on the bench ( Just 19 reps, would be low man in his group at the combine ), slow 5.31 40, and had a lower than average shuttle time at 4.8. Didn't jump well either. Mayock says his film at Western Michigan wasn't very good. Maybe his size and the balance was good enough for college, but with below average work out numbers and a lack of a mean streak the NFL will be a big-time wake-up call. A soft-hearted big man, who I think will be pushed around in the NFL, not strong enough for a guard, not quick enough for tackle.

Safety Allen.

Value for round C
Value for need B-
Value for upside C-
What type of NFL player do I think he will be C-

A player I've seen in games, and at the senior bowl, Allen doesn't have NFL speed to play safety as a starter. 4.63 is too slow. Even if he ran a 4.59 on his pro day, Allen was badly beaten at the senior bowl. Not very instinctive either. He could be a dependable special team kick coverage person and be our 5th safety for a while. Not a good pick.

Running Back Samuels

Value for round B
Value for Need B
Value for upside B
What type of NFL player fo I think he will be B-

I liked this pick. Samuels can catch like a tight end or run with power like a fullback. He has decent speed and looks like a beast in the Red Zone. Conner can't seem to stay healthy. Samuels could be our #2 back and offer scheme versatility. I'm intrigued.

Nose Tackle Frazier.

Value for Round C
Value for Need B
Value for NFL Upside D
What type of NFL player do I think he'll be? D+

You'd like to say Joe Frazer has a puncher's chance. This guy doesn't make plays or see the field often. A wide body type who might add value as a situational run defender. He did not start at Alabama and played in less than 18 percent of the defensive snaps over last two seasons. His combine and pro day results were bland, so the upside isn't high. Unusually long arms a for NT. I think we could have done better here. He'll have a chance to make the team at a weak spot.

Last edited:
My draft would be EXACTLY what it is today. The STEELERS drafted exactly what I would have drafted "TODAY". I don't live in the past as I can't change the past.

YES, I'm happy as a Lark and have the GIANT bird feeder to prove it..!!!!!!!!
Isn't that what this post is all about,...BIRDFEEDERS?? Mine will hold approximately #80lbs of black oiled sunflower seed. I fill it about every 6-8 weeks. Right now I'm low on bird activity as they are creating families this time of year. If anyone needs more detail let me know............

Salute the nation

Last edited:
hahahahahaha a punter in 5.

I would much rather them draft a box safety to help against the run and a slash type player to give Ben another option after losing two WRs. And arguably a lack of quality depth at RB.

Oh wait

they did.

Oh and on a team that lost two WRs you wait until 7 to draft one.

You suck as a GM you're fired.

Last edited:
My draft would be EXACTLY what it is today. The STEELERS drafted exactly what I would have drafted "TODAY". I don't live in the past as I can't change the past.

YES, I'm happy as a Lark and have the GIANT bird feeder to prove it..!!!!!!!!
Isn't that what this post is all about,...BIRDFEEDERS?? Mine will hold approximately #80lbs of black oiled sunflower seed. I fill it about every 6-8 weeks. Right now I'm low on bird activity as they are creating families this time of year. If anyone needs more detail let me know............

Salute the nation

Keep your bird feeder away from my Black N Gold truck. I am tired of them trying to **** on it. Damn birds.

:th_balls:

1. I'd have to take Edmunds, since I can't get him later, and I'm not taking a 3rd rounder with my first round draft pick. I like Geiseke as an alternate.
2. Sticking with Washington. The people behind him don't impress me enough to take over him.
3a. Rudolph, no brianer
3b. since we don't have a 4th I reach. Shaquem Griffin. He's far from the BPA, but he's the need with speed that we need.
5a OGBONNIA OKORONKWO have to copy paste his name, but I like his motor.
5b. Fine with the Samuels pick. An offensive weapon this far down in the draft is a nice find.
7. Auden Tate. **** me, the best hands in the draft going to the Bengals with a 7th round comp pick? Plus the NT that never started would be available as a rookie FA, so we probably still get him.

Coach I think okorafor is one of our picks with biggest upside, low floor, true but really a lot of potential

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

1. I'd have to take Edmunds, since I can't get him later, and I'm not taking a 3rd rounder with my first round draft pick. I like Geiseke as an alternate.
2. Sticking with Washington. The people behind him don't impress me enough to take over him.
3a. Rudolph, no brianer
3b. since we don't have a 4th I reach. Shaquem Griffin. He's far from the BPA, but he's the need with speed that we need.
5a OGBONNIA OKORONKWO have to copy paste his name, but I like his motor.
5b. Fine with the Samuels pick. An offensive weapon this far down in the draft is a nice find.
7. Auden Tate. **** me, the best hands in the draft going to the Bengals with a 7th round comp pick? Plus the NT that never started would be available as a rookie FA, so we probably still get him.

Down with this.

I just worry about Griffin. As his story I want him to succeed. But there is a concern there. I think too high for a 3rd. I thought he was more of a 5th rounder. I couldn't throw out that concern, no matter how much that I wanted to.

Really happy about him being with his brother. Makes for a good story. Not that the Steelers wouldn't have sold his jersey well. (See John C) Just a risk that I would be more apt to take on as I mentioned later, or moreso if the Steelers were in a rebuild mode, than a win it all mode now. I think Seattle is in a transition on D, so the risk is better suited.

Coach I think okorafor is one of our picks with biggest upside, low floor, true but really a lot of potential

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

Interesting, why? Have you seen his clips?

His film according to Maycock at a small school is average. He was weak on the bench, and didn't show good side to side stopping and starting ability in the shuttle. He jumped poorly ( Suggesting lack of explosion in the leg ) and scouts question his nastiness.

For the rest of you, are you going to post who you would have selected??? Don't be such glass house types, with a sheep like mentality that anything the Steelers do is golden. Your picks might be better than the Steelers in 2018

Interesting, why? Have you seen his clips?

His film according to Maycock at a small school is average. He was weak on the bench, and didn't show good side to side stopping and starting ability in the shuttle. He jumped poorly ( Suggesting lack of explosion in the leg ) and scouts question his nastiness.

For the rest of you, are you going to post who you would have selected??? Don't be such glass house types, with a sheep like mentality that anything the Steelers do is golden. Your picks might be better than the Steelers in 2018

Rich you asking another poster if he saw his "clips".

When immediately you go to someone else's opinion.

You love him so much you put a C in his name.

Maycock, I see you... that C isn't close to Y or O.

Perhaps you should get off Mayock's, and watch some game tape.

Rich you asking another poster if he saw his "clips".

When immediately you go to someone else's opinion.

You love him so much you put a C in his name.

Maycock, I see you... that C isn't close to Y or O.

Perhaps you should get off Mayock's, and watch some game tape.

Offensive tackle wasn't a significant need for us, Sgt. Numbnuts.

We have a pro bowl LT and a very good Right Tackle in their primes. So I did not care about mid-round tackles unless I saw them practice in the senior bowl. So I did not watch his clips. I'm asking if someone else did.

Maybe I will watch his clips an point out flaws in his game if I choose, much to your chagrin. He didn't work out well, that's for certain.

Now can you post who you would have drafted?

We have a pro bowl LT and a very good Right Tackle in their primes. So I did not care about mid-round tackles unless I saw them practice in the senior bowl. So I did not watch his clips. I'm asking if someone else did.

Maybe I will watch his clips an point out flaws in his game if I choose, much to your chagrin. He didn't work out well, that's for certain.

A swing tackle was a need. We just lost our top swing OL from last year (Hubbard), who was also our "3rd TE" in blocking sets. What happens if Gilbert gets suspended again?

I like Hawkins, I think he's improved, but he's also been up and down on the field. This spot could be an upgrade and possible starter replacement.

You didn't want a WR high with us down two, you wanted a punter drafted over defensive help, you didn't want a T being down a tackle. Yeah let's just hand Hawkins the swing tackle job, without competition.

There is some numbness going around alright, most of it festers between your ears.

Pretty big reach for a 3rd round S in round 1.

If Steelers saw him as a third rounder yeah.

If they saw him as a mid second rounder to high second rounder

not so much.

They said they've watched the T for over a year. Munch was probably part of the group watching him. Seems like you'd give Munch the benefit of the doubt, at least.

Keep your bird feeder away from my Black N Gold truck. I am tired of them trying to **** on it. Damn birds.

:th_balls:

DUDE,.........it's a STEELERS bird house so the birds that eat there are STEELERS birds, not the kind you flip but the kind that actually fly. I guarantee yaz they know better than to **** on anything steelers as they wouldn't last long here either.

Salute the nation

I'd have traded Bell to Cleveland and taken Barkley at 1 overall.

This thread is irrelevant. Draft is OVER.

But all credibility left when you said How WR was not a need....

We were thin last year and lost Bryant. Bryant really sucked balls last year anyhow

If Steelers saw him as a third rounder yeah.

If they saw him as a mid second rounder to high second rounder

not so much.

I mean Coach is taking a guy in round 1 that 32 GMs consider round 3 material.