• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Your Judgement, NFL Marketing division on Social Justice

I’m trying hard to cut the NFL out of my life. The problem is...like most here...the Steelers are so deeply rooted in our being, our identity, our persona and joy that it’s difficult to do. It’s like cutting off communication with a sibling...hard to do if they did nothing to you personally. Cousins, on the other hand, maybe. I haven’t watched a single game other than the Steelers. Haven’t and will not spend a single penny that goes to the NFL. Don’t follow scores, standing or players. Will stream a game, but won’t support NFL Sunday ticket. (I’ve been told streaming can’t be tracked for ratings purposes).

I do think the Steelers have been better (at least a couple players) have been better at dealing with SJ than other teams, but maybe I’m just a homer.

I didn't mean for this to become a SJ debate what I untended was how the NFL marketing has done in the marketing of the SJ movement. Refraining from pushing a political topic down our throats and using their popularity to push the political agenda.

Before the season started I'd guess nearly 1/2 here said if they do this or if they do that they would stop watching the NFL completely. Looking at these responses I'd say very few actually quit. I'd say that the NFL marketing has been a success to this point. The political agenda has been softened to keep the average JOE watching. The NFL marketing predicted if they gave a big kick off to the SJ movement and then tapered it as the season progresses, they'd retaIN MANY A VIEWERS.

I think the NFL Marketing Team has been successful to this point. Not argueing the POLITICAL points of SJ but am saying the NFL has retained more viewership than originally expected.

PROVING once again it's about the money $$$$...................

Salute the nation

I'm black so my opinion on the topic is different.

Social injustice is social injustice. 2020 has been an extraordinary year of enlightenment an hopefully the country can get on the same page at some point.

The conversations required will be unconfirmed uncomfortable and difficult. The questions are - who's willing to talk about it? Who's willing to listen?

Go Steelers...

#endracism #consciouslyunbiased

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Interesting point berm, but it takes 2 to have a conversation. At the moment, the way this is being handled, it's a lecture. I agree a conversation should occur with all parties involved assuming responsibility in the issue.

I’m trying hard to cut the NFL out of my life. The problem is...like most here...the Steelers are so deeply rooted in our being, our identity, our persona and joy that it’s difficult to do. It’s like cutting off communication with a sibling...hard to do if they did nothing to you personally. Cousins, on the other hand, maybe. I haven’t watched a single game other than the Steelers. Haven’t and will not spend a single penny that goes to the NFL. Don’t follow scores, standing or players. Will stream a game, but won’t support NFL Sunday ticket. (I’ve been told streaming can’t be tracked for ratings purposes).

I do think the Steelers have been better (at least a couple players) have been better at dealing with SJ than other teams, but maybe I’m just a homer.

It's kinda like a Soap Opera or Pro Wrestling at this point or any similar scripted entertainment. It's easier if you completely withdraw, but if you cheat and peek in every 8-12 weeks you really didn't miss anything.

As far as the NFL goes, their social justice initiatives are a weak attempt to placate. Put some of those billions where their mouths are and I'll start believing what they're saying. Also, do it without making a big production out of it.
As far as the general population and our society, which is where I see some on here have taken it ..... No comment.
Steelers play the Iggles Sunday. Should be a dominant performance by the D.

Cities have burned with mob violence and anarchy. Seems you should be asking those folks if they're willing to talk? Willing to listen?

This whole "we need to have a conversation" mantra is code for "you need to shut up and listen while I force feed you my grievances and what I need to exact from you because of them."

How did you extract that from my post??? But since you asked...

If you don't think the topic is sensitive - something is wrong because there are atrocities that 'not every human' can just let go and move on. Have you even asked yourself or another black person 'why are they so angry'? Not every one is going to answer you with vile words - some just want to be heard - some just want you to know where they're coming from. The fight IS NOT against the white race - the fight is about being treated equally - simple. There's no color is equal - it's just equal.

I am hear for ANYONE that wants to talk. I'm hear for ANYONE who wants to share their story or opinion. I'm hear because, believe it or not, we're a family and sometimes we just need to 'talk'.

That is all...

When you parade gang bangers and felons out into society and martyrdom causing communities to burn and people to die, making enemies of the police and targets of assassination, you KILL the conversation on racism and inequality. Racism DOES exist and it's absolutely stunning to me how many people that I know and love, when placed into an small group, start spewing racist bullshit. I've served with some of the finest human beings on the planet who I call brothers and sisters, some of which are minorities and I take such comments as disrespecting them and myself for having a relationship with people they feel are a butt of a joke. Pisses me off, and yes, they know it. Smiles wipe off of their faces real quick.

If you want to end Racism, Lets start having conversations based on truths and facts. Let's come to the realization that politicians have destroyed the nuclear family on purpose. Why have oriental families prospered by and large while Latino and Black families continue to be oppressed? Why are gangs and racial groups allowed to exist? Lets have those uncomfortable conversations. How? Well, we certainly can't have them on social media platforms because such conversations will be suppressed and labeled hate speech. Why is that? It's almost as if someone or something don't want those conversations to be had. huh, I wonder why?

A country divided is a country equally conquered.

Thank you, again, Badcat, for your service. From one brother to another.

Your viewpoints are open and honest and I can appreciate that - I'm willing to have those conversations with you. Just let me know...

Interesting.

Someone told you wrong though - TV ratings are easily captured from streaming services. It is 2020 ya know :tongue-new:

I didn't mean for this to become a SJ debate what I untended was how the NFL marketing has done in the marketing of the SJ movement. Refraining from pushing a political topic down our throats and using their popularity to push the political agenda.

Before the season started I'd guess nearly 1/2 here said if they do this or if they do that they would stop watching the NFL completely. Looking at these responses I'd say very few actually quit. I'd say that the NFL marketing has been a success to this point. The political agenda has been softened to keep the average JOE watching. The NFL marketing predicted if they gave a big kick off to the SJ movement and then tapered it as the season progresses, they'd retaIN MANY A VIEWERS.

I think the NFL Marketing Team has been successful to this point. Not argueing the POLITICAL points of SJ but am saying the NFL has retained more viewership than originally expected.

PROVING once again it's about the money $$$$...................

Salute the nation

I get it. But look at it this way - the media is fully responsible for what we see and what we hear. Period the end.

Let's go back 20 years ago...

How often did you see homosexual behavior on TV??? The LBwhatever movement started rumblings and all of a sudden it's on every program from cartoons to late night.

I'm not making that comparison to prove a point. I'm simply stating that there is an agenda that is being broadcasted and it is desensitizing our society and our world. I said it before, and I'll say it again, 'it is only going to get worse'...

I get it. But look at it this way - the media is fully responsible for what we see and what we hear. Period the end.

Let's go back 20 years ago...

How often did you see homosexual behavior on TV??? The LBwhatever movement started rumblings and all of a sudden it's on every program from cartoons to late night.

I'm not making that comparison to prove a point. I'm simply stating that there is an agenda that is being broadcasted and it is desensitizing our society and our world. I said it before, and I'll say it again, 'it is only going to get worse'...

TOTALLY hear yaz BERM, and agree on the political media agenda. Heck..... That is what's partially jammin up the communication of the SJ movement. I was just looking on how people perceived how the NFL marketing was doing in their opinion.

ALL good here

Salute the nation

I've moved on. Maybe next year if the world gets unfucked. I'm pretty sure I've covered this topic many times over. Porland,Seattle, LA, Chicago, Minneapolis, NYC, Detroit and pretty much every long time democrat run city have allowed anarchists and marxists to operate with impunity to the tune of over 2 billion in damages and counting. A lot of innocent people have been killed.

Accountability for your life, your actions and the results of your actions. Take care of your house and your children. Teach them well. They learn to hate from you! And I've seen and experienced a lot of racial bs from black folks as well.

You want it to die,then let it die. The democrats pull this horseshit every election. Divide by race,divide by class, create jealousy, remove God from everything,make government god,kill babies like taking out the trash, demonize all law enforcement to the point they're being attacked on a daily basis,even more so than normal. A few bad instances out of millions and millions of interactions.

Here is a helper for that. Follow the laws. At least the big ones. I know we have too many and some need to go, but if you don't kill,assault,steal,commit fraud,rape,sell drugs,do drugs your life will be 100% better and your chances of a serious confrontation with law enforcement is really, really low. Comply. You'll never win that battle in the end anyway.

I'd like to see the black community address it's gangs and fatherless homes. You're contributing to your own demise. You've got some serious slaughtering of each other that's gone on for far too long. Who is raising these children? Some seriously violent people. You wonder why white people are afraid of you? It isn't from skin pigmentation. Fix it and leave that **** behind.

Why the hell do you vote for democrats? They are your worst enemy.

My observations of the 49 years I've been on this earth.

You will always have some type of racism going on. It's been around since the dawn of time. It will always be. Get over it. We're probably at the lowest levels of radical racist nutjobs as we've had in a.long.long time. The bullshit going on this year will only spark a bunch of hatred up over the actions on the streets. It's going to take years for this to die down if or when the violence stops. There's absolutely nothing good that will come out of it. Right will always be right ,no matter how many people are doing it and wrong will always be wrong, no matter how many people are doing it. Those lines never change. You can insert good vs evil in the place of right vs wrong, if you need clarity.

If you feed evil it will flourish and devour. We are all born inherently good, aside from mental illness exhibited from psychopaths at an early age.

No matter what your life is like growing up or as an adult, you will always have the power to change it for the better or worse. It's called personal accountability. The biggest oppressor we have nowadays is ourselves.

Ignore the media, politicians and sports stars. The amount of ignorance and division that comes from these groups is astounding. Oh I forgot Hollywood, which is basically a sludge pit of debauchery unfit to tell anyone anything involving life or how to act. After all they're professionally trained liars.

...rant over.

I've moved on. Maybe next year if the world gets unfucked. I'm pretty sure I've covered this topic many times over. Porland,Seattle, LA, Chicago, Minneapolis, NYC, Detroit and pretty much every long time democrat run city have allowed anarchists and marxists to operate with impunity to the tune of over 2 billion in damages and counting. A lot of innocent people have been killed.

Accountability for your life, your actions and the results of your actions. Take care of your house and your children. Teach them well. They learn to hate from you! And I've seen and experienced a lot of racial bs from black folks as well.

You want it to die,then let it die. The democrats pull this horseshit every election. Divide by race,divide by class, create jealousy, remove God from everything,make government god,kill babies like taking out the trash, demonize all law enforcement to the point they're being attacked on a daily basis,even more so than normal. A few bad instances out of millions and millions of interactions.

Here is a helper for that. Follow the laws. At least the big ones. I know we have too many and some need to go, but if you don't kill,assault,steal,commit fraud,rape,sell drugs,do drugs your life will be 100% better and your chances of a serious confrontation with law enforcement is really, really low. Comply. You'll never win that battle in the end anyway.

I'd like to see the black community address it's gangs and fatherless homes. You're contributing to your own demise. You've got some serious slaughtering of each other that's gone on for far too long. Who is raising these children? Some seriously violent people. You wonder why white people are afraid of you? It isn't from skin pigmentation. Fix it and leave that **** behind.

You will always have some type of racism going on. It's been around since the dawn of time. It will always be. Get over it. We're probably at the lowest levels of radical racist nutjobs as we've had in a.long.long time. The bullshit going on this year will only spark a bunch of hatred up over the actions on the streets. It's going to take years for this to die down if or when the violence stops. There's absolutely nothing good that will come out of it. Right will always be right ,no matter how many people are doing it and wrong will always be wrong, no matter how many people are doing it. Those lines never change. You can insert good vs evil in the place of right vs wrong, if you need clarity.

If you feed evil it will flourish and devour. We are all born inherently good, aside from mental illness exhibited from psychopaths at an early age.

No matter what your life is like growing up or as an adult, you will always have the power to change it for the better or worse. It's called personal accountability. The biggest oppressor we have nowadays is ourselves.

Ignore the media, politicians and sports stars. The amount of ignorance and division that comes from these groups is astounding. Oh I forgot Hollywood, which is basically a sludge pit of debauchery unfit to tell anyone anything involving life or how to act. After all they're professionally trained liars.

...rant over.

EXCELLENT RANT !!!!

Salute the nation

...rant over.

We should talk...

If you don't think the topic is sensitive - something is wrong because there are atrocities that 'not every human' can just let go and move on. Have you even asked yourself or another black person 'why are they so angry'? Not every one is going to answer you with vile words - some just want to be heard - some just want you to know where they're coming from. The fight IS NOT against the white race - the fight is about being treated equally - simple. There's no color is equal - it's just equal.

I've gotten to know a bunch of black guys over time, and I've never needed to ask a single one about why he was "so angry." Why? Because they were not angry. They also weren't worried about any racial fights or atrocities -- they were concerned with making a living to support their families, serving their country, or just enjoying life in general. You know, human stuff.

The "fight," as you put it, exists mostly among the minorities from the inner cities, because their lives are immersed in a never-ending cycle of poverty, crime, violence, and fatherless children. And it has come to exist more and more in the woke minds of their sympathizers of all colors. Just one white man's opinion, of course.

And DIC, to answer your question: I've been pleased to see that the NFL has backed off the spotlight since week one. I could do without the helmet statements, but it doesn't bother me too much. I've been watching the Steelers and the NFL since I was ten years old, and I'll continue to do so.

Last edited:
Some of you keep reminding me why I visit the site less often. This forum is stacked with fragile WASP males, who are threatened or intimidated by people or cultures unlike your own.

There really is something to the slogan "to some, who are used to being at the pinnacle, EQUALITY feels like oppression..."

Some of you keep reminding me why I visit the site less often. This forum is stacked with fragile WASP males, who are threatened or intimidated by people or cultures unlike your own.

There really is something to the slogan "to some, who are used to being at the pinnacle, EQUALITY feels like oppression..."
Site does an overall good job of keeping off Steeler topics in other forums. I think there is a lot of strong males here perhaps you haven't looked very far. You are talking to one right now as a matter of fact as cultures don't threaten or intimidate me, hi.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

I almost never watched other teams anyway. Watching the Steelers as normal. I am taking it as this year the NFL lost their minds and next year will be back to normal. If it's the same bullshit next year then I will reevaluate my options.

I note that the Steelers putting the name of gangster drive-by shooter on their helmets only lasted a week once the players found out what the deal was.

I almost never watched other teams anyway. Watching the Steelers as normal. I am taking it as this year the NFL lost their minds and next year will be back to normal. If it's the same bullshit next year then I will reevaluate my options.

I note that the Steelers putting the name of gangster drive-by shooter on their helmets only lasted a week once the players found out what the deal was.

I'm at the point now where I also don't wish to watch empty to 90% empty stadiums when "protesting" was sanctified as Covid-approved in many of these same cities. Seems like it just serves to give credibility to the lies. However, I do confess that interest dies hard as I've peeked in online to check scores at several points in the first 4 weeks.

When you parade gang bangers and felons out into society and martyrdom causing communities to burn and people to die, making enemies of the police and targets of assassination, you KILL the conversation on racism and inequality. Racism DOES exist and it's absolutely stunning to me how many people that I know and love, when placed into an small group, start spewing racist bullshit. I've served with some of the finest human beings on the planet who I call brothers and sisters, some of which are minorities and I take such comments as disrespecting them and myself for having a relationship with people they feel are a butt of a joke. Pisses me off, and yes, they know it. Smiles wipe off of their faces real quick.

If you want to end Racism, Lets start having conversations based on truths and facts. Let's come to the realization that politicians have destroyed the nuclear family on purpose. Why have oriental families prospered by and large while Latino and Black families continue to be oppressed? Why are gangs and racial groups allowed to exist? Lets have those uncomfortable conversations. How? Well, we certainly can't have them on social media platforms because such conversations will be suppressed and labeled hate speech. Why is that? It's almost as if someone or something don't want those conversations to be had. huh, I wonder why?

A country divided is a country equally conquered.

I had a conversation with my black neighbor over the weekend. I've lived in my house for 32 years and they were here when I moved in. Mom and dad are married, both always worked, they raised their three boys right who are all successful, and a more Godly man you will not find. Still, he detailed to me the number of times in his life that he was pulled over by the police for no reason, and I get that. I made the point that a lot of the "victims" of the police committed crimes in the first place, not that they should always be killed, and he gets that.

I had a conversation with my black neighbor over the weekend. I've lived in my house for 32 years and they were here when I moved in. Mom and dad are married, both always worked, they raised their three boys right who are all successful, and a more Godly man you will not find. Still, he detailed to me the number of times in his life that he was pulled over by the police for no reason, and I get that. I made the point that a lot of the "victims" of the police committed crimes in the first place, not that they should always be killed, and he gets that.
I have been targeted in Satellite beach and pulled for having long hair in my early 20s. So I can't say that being profiled isn't annoying it is. If that lessens cool good. I still don't think the cops is the biggest problem. As some of that profiling comes from what cops are seeing on the streets daily. When I was on the streets as a kid they always bugged me. I guess they felt someone roaming has to be up to no good. I was just surviving. So I see both sides of the coin. You have to get these kids off the street. If the parents aren't going to do it then they are at a serious disadvantage, that is where the biggest change needs to take place. These politicians really don't want change and some are feeding off of diversity. So if the parents aren't helping the kids and nobody else is helping these kids you will see what we are seeing now, a bunch of rotten *** kids of all colors.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'm black so my opinion on the topic is different.

Social injustice is social injustice. 2020 has been an extraordinary year of enlightenment an hopefully the country can get on the same page at some point.

The conversations required will be unconfirmed uncomfortable and difficult. The questions are - who's willing to talk about it? Who's willing to listen?

Go Steelers...

#endracism #consciouslyunbiased

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'll stand with anyone against police brutality. If a man is down and cuffed behind the back, it should be hands off after a few second pass, period. Anything beyond that is assault. No choke holds, period. No piling on to the point where person could have breaking issues period. Make this a law and you'll have less fatalities. If the policeman is beating on one of my friends, he'd better have back up or he'll have to deal with me filming, getting near his space, and calling the station.

If a person resits arrest, and call the station, add that to the charges and have 4 men load him to a truck. Situation over.

BLM misses the boat, this is not one ethic problem only, for example the cops shoot and kill more white people. The problem is if the suspect being arrested makes a move that could be interpreted as going for a weapon for then the Police have to use weapons. Make how to be arrested part of the class in drivers ed. That should help a bit.

Finally, most Americans don't care about X Cons with a background of assault, robbery, drugs sales or domestic abuse. While they certanliy do not deserve to die ( Unless we see them going for cop's gun for example ), let's ask their victims about so and so, rather then painting them as Angels, which they clearly are not. Some people don't like these types as poster boys.

As for as the players, Do the protesting on your own time, and twitter pages . Don't disrespect the flag or anthems than value to others.. If they do it that way, it will be better, and IMO more people will support the cause.

One of the reasons Martin Luther King was successful is when he protested he did it right. American Flags were all over the place. He marched for civil rights, not the rights of just one group. As such, his message was more appealing to the majority.

The NFL would be wise to move this format away from the games. It's not good for ratings.

Last edited:
I honestly believe that the powers that be in the NFL have noticed how badly the NBA suffered as they led the way in the Sports/Political involvement. If they leaned anything you wont see **** unless its possibly shown by players just because of the allowances the NFL gave early on. No way does the NFL take away the what they have allowed due to backlash but I really doubt this will be shoved down our throat like it has been.

I suppose you're including me in your WASP category. I'm not "fragile," and certainly not threatened or intimidated by different people or cultures. I've been all around this world. For your edification, I was simply relaying my personal experience with the black guys I've befriended in my own life. It's my opinion that the inequality which exists in this country has much more to do with environmental factors and upbringing, and much less to do with the color of someone's skin. You're welcome to disagree with me.

Come back and visit again when YOU have a more open mind.

I don't think African-Americans born and raised in the United States are from a "different culture," blitzburgh. They, like me, are Americans. For God sake, they are fans of the NFL, a purely American sport.

And as Steelr4evr pointed out, the problem is NOT a discussion about racism; the problem is vilifying police while simultaneously holding up rapists, thugs and career criminals as examples of great people. They're not. Sorry.

Finally, and I know this thread gets close to belonging on the political forum, but you have to realize that the facts matter. They do. If a player wants to talk about racism he encountered and how to deal with it, or how to expose it, that is a conversation worth having.

But I will NOT be lectured to by some multi-millionaire woman who attended Princeton and is giving me the lecture from her $20 million mansion in Martha's Vineyard. Seriously, it would be NO DIFFERENT than some trust fund millenial lecturing you on the value of hard work.

I imagine the finger-wagging in that instance would probably not go over well with you.

The NBA found out the hard way what happens when you drag politics into the sport. Their nba finals ratings are down over 50%, that is unheard of. Their commissioner, Adam Silver said he is withdrawing all BLM from the league for next year... the NBA won’t recover from this for a while though.

I hope lebron sees who runs the league.. THE PEOPLE! No one gives a damn about watching him play and sure as hell not about what comes out his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A big problem with the NBA right now is that there are no bitter rivalries amongst good teams.
Guys will go to teams that are stacked to try and win a championship. With all that moving around, there are no teams that really dislike each other and so forth.
Gone are the 80's with the Celtics, Laker, Pistons, 76ers, Bull, etc...