• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

You’re fired.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
1*L6enAyEQO0nJLZdMRfs1Fg@2x.jpeg

Kevin McCarthy has been ousted as speaker of the House of Representatives, becoming the first leader in the history of the lower chamber of Congress to be removed from the position. In a dramatic 216-210 vote on Tuesday afternoon, the House endorsed a “motion to vacate” to in effect fire McCarthy from the speakership. Eight Republicans voted against their party leader and sided with 208 Democrats, sealing his removal from the post.

I have no idea the inner workings about all of that.

And just think, if Trump had run for the House in '22, he'd be speaker now. How entertaining would that be?

Repubs voting with dems. It is a strange world.

Just another example of why Republicans can’t govern. Can’t agree on ****. McCarthy was a bad choice to begin with. Shouldn’t have ever come to this, because he shouldn’t have been there in the first place. It’s only downhill from here. ******* clown show.

Last edited:
I don't understand. If the demonrats are united on an issue, then it can't be good.

This is really dumb. Matt Gaetz is a conman who only cares about himself. You think every Dem loves Nancy? No but you don't turn on yourselves. What is the win in this? The win is Gaetz gets himself on TV and builds his own brand.

I like Matt Gaetz. I like most of my reps from Florida.

I definitely like people who stick by what they say they're going to do.

I don't, something slimy about that guy. Reeks of a publicity stunt if you aske me.

Dems are laughing all the way to the ballot box next year. Just the thing the Pubs need to do right before the elections.:rolleyes:

This is why they always underperform or lose.

The interim speaker kicked Nancy out of the office she was squatting in. Something to be said for that.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nancy-pelosi-evicted-private-office-capitol-interim-house-speaker

I like our representative Bob Good and trust what he's telling his constituents. From what I've seen, it's been more of the same since McCarthy took office. Democrat Light at work. It'll be interesting to see what happens but no doubt the media will call this action the result of the hard right and worse, when in actuality it's the opinion of a silent majority who don't want to see the country bankrupted and rotten from within through blatant and open corruption.

I like Matt Gaetz. I like most of my reps from Florida.

I definitely like people who stick by what they say they're going to do.
We will see if they do. I expect to see a bunch of clean, single item spending bills and nothing else. That's why he did this. I wouldn't be afraid to put down a $20 bill saying nothing changes.

We will see if they do. I expect to see a bunch of clean, single item spending bills and nothing else. That's why he did this. I wouldn't be afraid to put down a $20 bill saying nothing changes.
They have a year to show us what they can do. Time will tell. Hope it's not more of the same like we've seen from the past year. We know that wasn't working.

What about a fifty. 😬

It’s nice rhetoric to talk about how you can’t ever compromise with the Dems and you’re standing up for your principles but in real life you do have to work with the Dems cause they control the senate.

All it took was 8 republicans to vote with Dems to make this move. That’s how slim the margin is. This was tactically stupid if you care about trying to get things done in real life. It’s great for the Matt Gaetz brand though and don’t be fooled into thinking he cares about anything else.

If this only accomplishes putting an end to omni bills, and only having single item spending bills, that is a huge accomplishment in and of itself. Not having a "covid" bill that includes millions for parks in cities, should be the standard going forward.

Reactions: xjx
Does anyone else feel that it very strange that EVERY Democrat voted in favor of removing McCarthy?

If you have to give the Dems credit...they are a tight bunch that reads their memos from their fearless leader (whoever that is?), and follows the beat to that drum in unison..

So now the question is why did the Dems want to see McCarthy gone? Especially as some conservatives have stated that he was doing the bidding for the Democratic party while Speaker...

Strange days indeed...

Does anyone else feel that it very strange that EVERY Democrat voted in favor of removing McCarthy?

If you have to give the Dems credit...they are a tight bunch that reads their memos from their fearless leader (whoever that is?), and follows the beat to that drum in unison..

So now the question is why did the Dems want to see McCarthy gone? Especially as some conservatives have stated that he was doing the bidding for the Democratic party while Speaker...

Strange days indeed...
For the publicity.