• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

53-Man Prediction Thread

FordFairLane

Reaction score
QB- 3
Kenny Pickett
Mitch Trubisky
Mason Rudolph

RB- 3
Najee Harris
Jaylen Warren
Anthony McFarland

FB- 1
Conner Heyward

WR- 6
Diontae Johnson
George Pickens
Allen Robinso
Calvin Austin III
Gunner Olszewski
Miles Boykin

TE- 3
Pat Freiermuth
Darnell Washington
Zach Gentry

OL- 9
Dan Moore Jr.
Chuks Okorafor
Isaac Seumalo
Mason Cole
James Daniels
Broderick Jones
Nate Herbig
Spencer Anderson
Dylan Cole

DL- 7
Cameron Heyward
Larry Ogunjobi
Keeanu Benton
DeMarvin Leal
Isaiahh Loudermilk
Armon Watts
Montravius Adams

OLB- 4
TJ Watt
Alex Highsmith
Nick Herbig
Markus Golden

ILB- 5
Cole Holcomb
Elandon Roberts
Kwon Alexander
Mark Robinson
Tanner Muse

CB- 5
Patrick Peterson
Joey Porter Jr
Levi Wallace
Chandon Sullivan
Elijah Riley

S- 4
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Damontae Kazee
Kenny Robinson
Keanu Neal

ST- 3
Chris Boswell
Pressley Harvin III
Christian Kuntz

So with the new emergency QB rule I just don't see the team not carrying 3 QB's. Especially with Pickett getting concussed last season. I think with the fact that Conner can play RB in a pinch we only keep 3 RBs. I think Najee and Warren get about 99% of the touches this season and so far those two are workhorses. I think we keep 6 WR because Gunner seems to be a locker room favorite and can play special teams. If we only keep 5 Boykin would be the cut. Guy couldn't catch crabs in a ***** house. I have heard rumblings of the team only carrying two TE's with the fact that Heyward is so versatile. I can see the logic but Gentry is rock solid and an A+ blocker. He isn't going to get stashed on the practice squad so if you want him you have to keep him. And I want him as if Freiermuth gets hurt I would feel a lot more comfortable with Gentry and Washington filling his shoes and not just Washington. I do keep 9 offensive linemen and not the 9 you probably expect. I either trade Dotson for a 7th or cut him. I feel Khan can snag a 7th for him as there's a half a dozen teams he would be an upgrade over their starting guard. We finally pull off the band aid and cut ties with Green. By all accounts he is a great guy and I wish him all the best but he is not a capable center and a way below average guard. Anderson I feel won't make it to the practice squad so I keep him on my bench and let him develop behind a solid starting unit. I also can't go into the season with one swing tackle. I just can't. Jones can develop and be our swing tackle but I keep the promising young Cook who in my opinion played better than Jones this preseason. I think Jones is young and raw and letting him develop a season might be the best thing to happen to him. Putting him out there too early could hinder his development. I decided to keep 7 defensive linemen. I know I might be in the minority here but who do you cut? I had a hard time picking Adams over Fehoko but I feel Fehoko can probably land on the practice squad and Adams might be the first one cut if injuries require an extra player at a specific position. But Loudermilk probably had his best camp and preseason and Watts has definitely earned a spot. Depth is a good problem to have. I went with the obvious 4 at OLB and that means a guy like Roche hits the road. Another tough decision. I decided to go with one extra ILB and one less DB. And the reason why is because we are trying to figure out our ILB situation and Muse has shown enough to get the spot. I feel like our DB's have some position flexibility and guys like Pat Pete, Sullivan, and Riley can play nickel, dime, safety and that flexibility gives us depth. Even Robinson and Kazee can play both FS or SS. So we have guys in the secondary who are interchangeable. Wallace and Porter are a bit more rigid as both are outside CB's. But I figure when Porter comes in Peterson will likely move to nickel or a hybrid safety/LB/dime role anyways.

Last edited:
"So with the new emergency QB rule I just don't see the team carrying 3 QB's"

Yet you predict three QBs on the final 53.

The new rule is why you keep 3 QBs as you can use them now. All 3. Plus we know some crying would come about if that red nosed third stringer got the boot.

Loudermilk would be my trade away. I am on the fence with trading Dotson with their lack of depth at C. You might need to move a lineman to C and insert Dotson or he might be a valuable sub in.

I would then decide between Cole and Anderson which seems to favor D. Cole.

I think Killebrew is close to being a lock being a solid special teams guy. I would move Robinson to the PS.

QB- 3
Kenny Pickett
Mitch Trubisky
Mason Rudolph

RB- 3
Najee Harris
Jaylen Warren
Anthony McFarland

FB- 1
Conner Heyward

WR- 6
Diontae Johnson
George Pickens
Allen Robinso
Calvin Austin III
Gunner Olszewski
Miles Boykin

TE- 3
Pat Freiermuth
Darnell Washington
Zach Gentry

OL- 9
Dan Moore Jr.
Chuks Okorafor
Isaac Seumalo
Mason Cole
James Daniels
Broderick Jones
Nate Herbig
Spencer Anderson
Dylan Cole

DL- 7
Cameron Heyward
Larry Ogunjobi
Keeanu Benton
DeMarvin Leal
Isaiahh Loudermilk
Armon Watts
Montravius Adams

OLB- 4
TJ Watt
Alex Highsmith
Nick Herbig
Markus Golden

ILB- 5
Cole Holcomb
Elandon Roberts
Kwon Alexander
Mark Robinson
Tanner Muse

CB- 5
Patrick Peterson
Joey Porter Jr
Levi Wallace
Chandon Sullivan
Elijah Riley

S- 4
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Damontae Kazee
Kenny Robinson
Keanu Neal

ST- 3
Chris Boswell
Pressley Harvin III
Christian Kuntz
QB- 3- I concur with all your picks

RB- 3- I concur with all your picks

FB- 1- I concur with all your picks

WR- 6- I concur with all your picks, however if they cut Boykin or Gunner and kept Dez Fitzpatrick, I would not be surprised.

TE- 3 - I concur with all your picks

OL- 9 -i agree with 8 of your picks. I think they only keep 8… though I’d prefer 9…
Dan Moore Jr.
Chuks Okorafor
Isaac Seumalo
Mason Cole
James Daniels
Broderick Jones
Nate Herbig
Spencer Anderson

DL- 7- I concur with all your picks, though i hope they get an offer for adams and keep Fehoko instead

OLB- 4- I concur with all your picks

ILB- 5- I concur with all your picks

CB- 5- I agree with 4 of your 5. i do think they keep 5, but I think Pierre makes it as a cb. Riley is a S who can play slot Cb
Patrick Peterson
Joey Porter Jr
Levi Wallace
Chandon Sullivan
James Pierre

S- 5 - i agree with three of your picks and added one more. I moved Elijah Riley here. He is taking the injured Norwood’s spot. This team cut a metric ton of special teams ace’s already… they won’t cut Killebrew too… coverages teams are less important but not totally useless yet… he is too valuable as the ST captain to cut for a developmental safety like Robinson:

Minkah Fitzpatrick
Damontae Kazee
Keanu Neal
Elijah Riley
Miles Kilebrew

ST- 3- I concur with all your picks

QB- 3- I concur with all your picks

RB- 3- I concur with all your picks

FB- 1- I concur with all your picks

WR- 6- I concur with all your picks, however if they cut Boykin or Gunner and kept Dez Fitzpatrick, I would not be surprised.

TE- 3 - I concur with all your picks

OL- 9 -i agree with 8 of your picks. I think they only keep 8… though I’d prefer 9…
Dan Moore Jr.
Chuks Okorafor
Isaac Seumalo
Mason Cole
James Daniels
Broderick Jones
Nate Herbig
Spencer Anderson

DL- 7- I concur with all your picks, though i hope they get an offer for adams and keep Fehoko instead

OLB- 4- I concur with all your picks

ILB- 5- I concur with all your picks

CB- 5- I agree with 4 of your 5. i do think they keep 5, but I think Pierre makes it as a cb. Riley is a S who can play slot Cb
Patrick Peterson
Joey Porter Jr
Levi Wallace
Chandon Sullivan
James Pierre

S- 5 - i agree with three of your picks and added one more. I moved Elijah Riley here. He is taking the injured Norwood’s spot. This team cut a metric ton of special teams ace’s already… they won’t cut Killebrew too… coverages teams are less important but not totally useless yet… he is too valuable as the ST captain to cut for a developmental safety like Robinson:

Minkah Fitzpatrick
Damontae Kazee
Keanu Neal
Elijah Riley
Miles Kilebrew

ST- 3- I concur with all your picks
They had an abnormal season last year when it came to healthy linemen. I wouldn't bank on a repeat. I know right now Dot is a luxury but a sneeze could change that thought process.

They had an abnormal season last year when it came to healthy linemen. I wouldn't bank on a repeat. I know right now Dot is a luxury but a sneeze could change that thought process.
Even if they kept 9, He is a pure guard and those aren’t always useful as backups… Herbig and Anderson can play guard … Id keep a guy who can play Tackle too… Clark or Cook… Dotson just doesn’t have a ton of value to us as a backup because of the other backups and his lack of positional flexibility

Mybguess is Herbig would be next man up if a guard went down even if Dotson was kept

Even if they kept 9, He is a pure guard and those aren’t always useful as backups… Herbig and Anderson can play guard … Id keep a guy who can play Tackle too… Clark or Cook… Dotson just doesn’t have a ton of value to us as a backup because of the other backups and his lack of positional flexibility

My Guess is Herbig would be next man up if a guard went down even if Dotson was kept
True but if a Cole went down then Herbig takes that on. That would leave a rookie as a backup G. I don't want to deplete depth just because they are currently solid at G. They aren't at C. That is the key point for me.

True but if a Cole went down then Herbig takes that on. That would leave a rookie as a backup G. I don't want to deplete depth just because they are currently solid at G. They aren't at C. That is the key point for me.
Teams rarely have more than 1 backup C on the roster. They would have Cole-Herbig-and Anderson plus Daniels could move over in a pinch. I really think it’s between Anderson and Dotson. If they keep Anderson Dotson will be traded or released

QB- 3
Kenny Pickett
Mitch Trubisky
Mason Rudolph

RB- 3
Najee Harris
Jaylen Warren
Anthony McFarland

FB- 1
Conner Heyward

WR- 6
Diontae Johnson
George Pickens
Allen Robinso
Calvin Austin III
Gunner Olszewski
Miles Boykin

Still not sure about Gunner.

TE- 3
Pat Freiermuth
Darnell Washington
Zach Gentry

OL- 9
Dan Moore Jr.
Chuks Okorafor
Isaac Seumalo
Mason Cole
James Daniels
Broderick Jones
Nate Herbig
Spencer Anderson
Dylan Cole

DL- 7
Cameron Heyward
Larry Ogunjobi
Keeanu Benton
DeMarvin Leal
Isaiahh Loudermilk
Armon Watts
Montravius Adams

Nice3 to see Loudermilk here as I think he makes it even without the ”dreaded” Stryker interview…………..

OLB- 4
TJ Watt
Alex Highsmith
Nick Herbig
Markus Golden

ILB- 5
Cole Holcomb
Elandon Roberts
Kwon Alexander
Mark Robinson
Tanner Muse

CB- 5
Patrick Peterson
Joey Porter Jr
Levi Wallace
Chandon Sullivan
Elijah Riley

S- 4
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Damontae Kazee
Kenny Robinson
Keanu Neal

ST- 3
Chris Boswell
Pressley Harvin III
Christian Kuntz

I hope there is a back up plan on how long the leash is with Presley. Clearly he has improved, but his issues lie with real game situations, not so much with “doesn’t count” PRE-season games.

So with the new emergency QB rule I just don't see the team not carrying 3 QB's. Especially with Pickett getting concussed last season. I think with the fact that Conner can play RB in a pinch we only keep 3 RBs. I think Najee and Warren get about 99% of the touches this season and so far those two are workhorses. I think we keep 6 WR because Gunner seems to be a locker room favorite and can play special teams. If we only keep 5 Boykin would be the cut. Guy couldn't catch crabs in a ***** house. I have heard rumblings of the team only carrying two TE's with the fact that Heyward is so versatile. I can see the logic but Gentry is rock solid and an A+ blocker. He isn't going to get stashed on the practice squad so if you want him you have to keep him. And I want him as if Freiermuth gets hurt I would feel a lot more comfortable with Gentry and Washington filling his shoes and not just Washington. I do keep 9 offensive linemen and not the 9 you probably expect. I either trade Dotson for a 7th or cut him. I feel Khan can snag a 7th for him as there's a half a dozen teams he would be an upgrade over their starting guard. We finally pull off the band aid and cut ties with Green. By all accounts he is a great guy and I wish him all the best but he is not a capable center and a way below average guard. Anderson I feel won't make it to the practice squad so I keep him on my bench and let him develop behind a solid starting unit. I also can't go into the season with one swing tackle. I just can't. Jones can develop and be our swing tackle but I keep the promising young Cook who in my opinion played better than Jones this preseason. I think Jones is young and raw and letting him develop a season might be the best thing to happen to him. Putting him out there too early could hinder his development. I decided to keep 7 defensive linemen. I know I might be in the minority here but who do you cut? I had a hard time picking Adams over Fehoko but I feel Fehoko can probably land on the practice squad and Adams might be the first one cut if injuries require an extra player at a specific position. But Loudermilk probably had his best camp and preseason and Watts has definitely earned a spot. Depth is a good problem to have. I went with the obvious 4 at OLB and that means a guy like Roche hits the road. Another tough decision. I decided to go with one extra ILB and one less DB. And the reason why is because we are trying to figure out our ILB situation and Muse has shown enough to get the spot. I feel like our DB's have some position flexibility and guys like Pat Pete, Sullivan, and Riley can play nickel, dime, safety and that flexibility gives us depth. Even Robinson and Kazee can play both FS or SS. So we have guys in the secondary who are interchangeable. Wallace and Porter are a bit more rigid as both are outside CB's. But I figure when Porter comes in Peterson will likely move to nickel or a hybrid safety/LB/dime role anyways.

Over all a pretty solid roster. I have that TE situation in the same boat. Gentry has been turning up the skill level and he should be kept for depth purposes.

Not sure on cut down date but I’m very curious to see where we end up and then I can print out the #’s so as I know who is what number.

Salute the nation

Teams rarely have more than 1 backup C on the roster. They would have Cole-Herbig-and Anderson plus Daniels could move over in a pinch. I really think it’s between Anderson and Dotson. If they keep Anderson Dotson will be traded or released
So you are comfy with a rookie getting significant playing time over keeping an established starter. I just don't share that comfort. Have to be a rare agree to disagree. 😉 Hell we aren't even talking about a highly touted rookie.

So you are comfy with a rookie getting significant playing time over keeping an established starter. I just don't share that comfort. Have to be a rare agree to disagree. 😉 Hell we aren't even talking about a highly touted rookie.
So basically again most teams keep 8 olinemen, which is why positional flexibility is so important for backups… starters can be pigeonholed into just G or T or C, but backups usually need to have some flexibility… Dotson doesn’t have that so he probably has an uphill battle to begin with… secondly he plays guard… and in a pinch you can get by with a lesser guard. Its the least critical oline spot. If they feel that Anderson is ready to play then he will be on the roster.

Remember, last year they only kept 7 olinemen on the initial 53… and even when they added a eighth, Kendrick Green was basically kept inactive all season… there aren’t a ton of backups on nfl teams…
Often the

I think if the Steelers try to stash Cook or Dotson on the PS they end up on another team. I think Pierre could sign on the PS. And Barcoo probably ends up there too. I think if Spencer Anderson gets cut he ends up signing elsewhere. I mostly am trying to protect the best players on the roster.

A couple spots I’ll flip before Tuesday, and all bets are off if we see trades roll in, but…

QB - 3 (3)
Kenny Pickett
Mitch Trubisky
Mason Rudolph

RB - 3 (6)
Najee Harris
Jaylen Warren
Anthony Mcfarland

WR - 5 (11)
Diontae Johnson
George Pickens
Allen Robinson
Calvin Austin
Miles Boykin

TE - 4 (16)
Pat Friermuth
Darnell Washington
Conner Heyward
Zach Gentry

OL - 9 (24)
Dan Moore
Isaac Seamaulo
Mason Cole
James Daniels
Chukwuma Okorafor
Broderick Jones
Nate Herbig
Dylan Cook
Spencer Anderson

DL - 7 (31)
Cam Heyward
Larry Ogunjobi
Keanu Benton
Demarvin Leal
Armon Watts
Isaiah Loudermilk
Montravius Adams

- Adams holds off Fehoko, but I’m not confident.

ILB - 5 (36)
Kwon Alexander
Cole Holcomb
Elandon Roberts
Mark Robinson
Tanner Muse

OLB - 4 (40)
T.J. Watt
Alex Highsmith
Markus Golden
Nick Herbig

- maybe the easiest position group to predict outside of QB.

CB - 6 (46)
Patrick Peterson
Levi Wallace
Joey Porter Jr
James Pierre
Chandon Sullivan
Elijah Riley

S - 4 (50)
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Demontae Kazee
Keanu Neal
Miles Killebrew

- Core 4 with Riley anle to rotate back to be the 4th safety is needed.

K - 1 (51)
Chris Boswell

P - 1 (52)
Presley Harvin

LS - 1 (53)
Christian Kuntz

Last edited:
Dont know why but Anthony Miller jumped into my head. I thought he was going to do well for the Steelers. to bad it didnt work out

Dont know why but Anthony Miller jumped into my head. I thought he was going to do well for the Steelers. to bad it didnt work out
I was right there with you. Injury bug hit and just never got on track.

He caught on elsewhere. It was a numbers game and I think he knew it was going to be an uphill battle here with 14 rostered wrs at that time… Calvin Austin really took his role. If he made it, it would have been as wr 6 and K/p r 2 or 3… no playing time barring injury…

He caught on elsewhere. It was a numbers game and I think he knew it was going to be an uphill battle here with 14 rostered wrs at that time… Calvin Austin really took his role. If he made it, it would have been as wr 6 and K/p r 2 or 3… no playing time barring injury…
49ers. maybe we see him week 1

I was also intrigued by Miller when we signed him. But I don’t think he’s even close to a lock to make the 49ers roster..

OL - 9 (24)
Dan Moore
Isaac Seamaulo
Mason Cole
James Daniels
Chukwuma Okorafor
Broderick Jones
Nate Herbig
Dylan Cook
Spencer Anderson

Dotson is gone, I’ll go ahead and update here…
Always liked him since we drafted him.
Sad to see him go, but I get it.

Ding. Yep, that was my prediction. I actually predicted we traded Dotson plus a 7th for a 5th. So I wasn’t too far off on the trade. But I think this means Anderson makes it. Unless Khan has some type of attachment to Green. Tomlin obviously likes him. But hopefully Khan isn’t blind and cuts his losses now.

QB- 3
Kenny Pickett
Mitch Trubisky
Mason Rudolph

RB- 3
Najee Harris
Jaylen Warren
Anthony McFarland

FB- 1
Conner Heyward

WR- 6
Diontae Johnson
George Pickens
Allen Robinso
Calvin Austin III
Gunner Olszewski
Miles Boykin

TE- 3
Pat Freiermuth
Darnell Washington

Zach Gentry

OL- 9
Dan Moore Jr.
Chuks Okorafor
Isaac Seumalo
Mason Cole
James Daniels
Broderick Jones
Nate Herbig
Spencer Anderson
Dylan Cole

DL- 7
Cameron Heyward
Larry Ogunjobi
Keeanu Benton
DeMarvin Leal
Isaiahh Loudermilk
Armon Watts
Montravius Adams

OLB- 4
TJ Watt
Alex Highsmith
Nick Herbig
Markus Golden

ILB- 5
Cole Holcomb
Elandon Roberts
Kwon Alexander
Mark Robinson

Tanner Muse

CB- 5
Patrick Peterson
Joey Porter Jr
Levi Wallace
Chandon Sullivan
Elijah Riley

S- 4
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Damontae Kazee

Kenny Robinson
Keanu Neal

ST- 3
Chris Boswell
Pressley Harvin III
Christian Kuntz
Not too shabby. I hit on OL and DL 100%. The guys I knew were on the bubble were on the bubble. It will be interesting to see how many will end up on our PS. Muse and Robinson I sure hope do. I think Gentry ends up on another team.