• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ABC cancels Roseanne Reboot.

To anyone defending Roseanne or claiming this is some kind of conspiracy to get a Trump supporter off the air, please. This woman who has always been a complete nutjob just confirmed all of the worst stereotypes of Trump supporters. You should be angrier about this if you like Trump than if you don't like him...if like me you've spent your life trying to convince people that a conservative is not necessarily an ignorant, racist, white trash, redneck, idiot, then Roseanne just set you back a couple of decades.

As a conservative woman I'm embarrassed to have her associated with conservative politics in any way shape or form. With friends like this who needs enemies

she's not a conservative. She's just anti-PC and that is mainly why she supports Trump. It's why so many Dems voted Trump.

This show was a runaway hit. The original show wasn't very political. When this was greenlit to be re-booted, ABC had no idea Roseanne would be a Trump supporter. Why would they? Wanda Sykes is one of the writers and she's full lib. I think the execs were surprised when they saw they found out the direction of the show when it was in production.

I'm not pushing a conspiracy. Just pointing out what seems to be a pretty likely scanario. If the show had a liberal message, Roseanne would have gotten another chance. There are countless examples of liberal stars making hateful comments and getting a slap on the wrist.

CBS all but admitted when they hired Colbert for late night that they knew it meant half the country would NEVER watch. They only cared if the show was "viral" and not about ratings.

Look at how the media is criticizing the NFL for taking their fans views into account with their anthem policy. I've read several articles where they present the fact that the NFL polled their fans as some kind of smoking gun evidence that the NFL nefarious dealings.

Did you know that Tina Fey's show 30 Rock was one of the lowest rated on TV? They liked the politics of it so they kept it on for years.

Hollywood is in the process of ruining Star Wars with political messages. Fans hated the Last Jedi and the current Solo movie only made $84 Million over the 4 day Memorial Day weekend. It was a bust overseas too. It could possibly lose money, but hey, they made Lando a "pansexual" and that's more important.

Anybody who doesn't think that Hollywood has been more concerned with message than profits hasn't paid attention. The Oscars has become a political rally.

Since Bush is not a black person it is not racist to call him or any white person an ape.

dumBushMonkey.jpg

I in a million years would have never guessed that Jarrett was black, therefore would of agreed with Roseanne without reservation.

Valerie_Jarrett_official_portrait_small.jpg
3f5d24eb545f5a0a658c04920dca3650--helena-bonham-carter-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

To you ****** libtards...would it be racist to call someone who identifies as a black an ape?
I'm sure it would be.

images

Last edited:
I remember when we had a post a look-alike thread and every year someone posted a pic of Suggs and a gorilla no one screamed racist about that, so whats the difference? Racism only counts when it fits someone's agenda. So ya I will be the first to say it NO ROSEANNE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FIRED!!! When you start firing the blacks that trash talk white, or the Libs that trash talk the conservitives or everyone that talks **** about my president let me know, otherwise it's free speech for everyone.

If you don't like what I posted or think I am a racist than go look in the mirror and you will see the problem.

The look-alike threads before every game were awesome! I was at least part of the original idea if not the outright founder. I don't remember any gorilla posts though.

James Harrison dubbed Silverback. Someone needs held accountable for that.

james-harrison-silverback.jpg

Lebron James is King Kong. Was anyone at Vogue fired?

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_470.png

Last edited:
Tip. If someone says something blatantly racist. Just say wow that's racist. Dont try to explain it away. And dont compare it to someone elses racism. Or you look like a ****** racist. Roseanne Barr is the same piece of **** who grabbed her junk and spit after destroying the national anthem. Many of you seem to be real proud of the anthem as it pertains to NFL players. Why would you give this ***** a pass.

No-one is giving"this ***** a pass". We just want to point out that Hollywood execs are hypocrites.
You sound like you are not proud of the National Anthem......Are you?

Why the **** did we have an Iranian in the White House? Thats like Roosevelt putting a NAZI in the White House.

Why the **** did we have an Iranian in the White House? Thats like Roosevelt putting a NAZI in the White House.

To help work out the deal where Obama gave Iran a shitload of our money and a pathway to nukes.

Obama used to meet with the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House. He did **** in plain view and got a complete pass.

Once again, she is not Iranian. She was born in Iran to African American parents. She moved to London when she was 5 years old and then Chicago a year later. She went to a prep school in Massachusetts and then to Stanford.

I'm not a fan of her or her politics, but this is all readily available information. The demonstrably false stuff being posted in this thread just makes people look ignorant.

Obama used to meet with the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House. He did **** in plain view and got a complete pass.

She's only the second Muslim Communist to work in the White House.

I suppose we won't talk about Al Queda meeting with the Bushes in Texas then. Before 9/11.

This is why bipartisanism sucks people. You'd rather defend your party than your country...

When this was greenlit to be re-booted, ABC had no idea Roseanne would be a Trump supporter. Why would they? Wanda Sykes is one of the writers and she's full lib. I think the execs were surprised when they saw they found out the direction of the show when it was in production.

I'm not pushing a conspiracy. Just pointing out what seems to be a pretty likely scanario. If the show had a liberal message, Roseanne would have gotten another chance. There are countless examples of liberal stars making hateful comments and getting a slap on the wrist.

Again, nonsense. The show had already been renewed for a second season, the execs knew exactly what it was about.

Long before Rosanne got fired by ABC, Bill Maher got fired for saying something that was far from conservative and arguably offensive.

This is why bipartisanism sucks people.

bi·par·ti·san

/bīˈpärdəzən/

adjective

adjective: bipartisan; adjective: bi-partisan

of or involving the agreement or cooperation of two political parties that usually oppose each other's policies.

I think the word you are looking for is.....

par·ti·san

/ˈpärdəzən/
noun
noun: partisan; plural noun: partisans; noun: partizan; plural noun: partizans

1. a strong supporter of a party, cause, or person.

synonyms: supporter, follower, adherent, devotee, champion; More
fanatic, fan, enthusiast, stalwart, zealot, booster

"conservative partisans"

2. a member of an armed group formed to fight secretly against an occupying force, in particular one operating in enemy-occupied Yugoslavia, Italy, and parts of eastern Europe in World War II.

synonyms: guerrilla, freedom fighter, resistance fighter, underground fighter, irregular (soldier)
"the partisans opened fire from the woods"

adjective

adjective: partisan; adjective: partizan

1. prejudiced in favor of a particular cause.
"newspapers have become increasingly partisan"

I would have put a winky face, but I couldn't figure it out.

I suppose we won't talk about Al Queda meeting with the Bushes in Texas then. Before 9/11.

This is why bipartisanism sucks people. You'd rather defend your party than your country...

Defending conservative principles is defending the country.

This is not about defending Roseanne either, its about defending America.

America is not the racist country you people want to make it out to be because of the actions of a few like Roseanne.

To the several posters who have written about "not condemning" Barr's comments, or supposedly "defending" such comments ...

Really, who made such statement? I can't seem to find it anywhere in this thread. Sure, lots of comments that Barr's tweets were idiotic, offensive, deserved punishment, etc., and an observation that the speech-punishment seems reserved for only the non-liberal views.

Because it is.

Once again, she is not Iranian. She was born in Iran to African American parents. She moved to London when she was 5 years old and then Chicago a year later. She went to a prep school in Massachusetts and then to Stanford.

I'm not a fan of her or her politics, but this is all readily available information. The demonstrably false stuff being posted in this thread just makes people look ignorant.

True. She is not Iranian, but looks more Iranian than black. Her being born in Iran is why people can be easily confused.

So by you needing to inform people she is black throws the "racist" accusations out the window.

I would not be surprised in the least if Barr didn't know she was black. I didn't. Therefore her being the product of a Muslim and a Planet of the Apes character appears to be only offensive to a Muslim.

I didn't know Jarrett was black. This is the first I heard about it. IIRC, she touted her being born in Iran and the media flaunted it as well. I don't ever remember the media saying anything about her being black.

The point is no one, really, gives a **** about what race she is. I had no idea that she was black because whether she is black or not, is irrelevant.

Same for the "protesters" in the NFL. I had no idea the majority of them are black. I don't know why that matters other than to the people who want to cry racism because I think all of them are self-entitled ******** who ought to be sat in the locker room the whole game.