• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ABC cancels Roseanne Reboot.

Really? Come on.

I don't know why you think i would lie about it. I put zero thought into it who/what they are. In hindsight, since the majority of players are black, so one could assume the majority of the protesters are, too.

However, I, honestly, think of them as football players, not black/white/hispanic football players. The only ones I think of as "different" are those of Samoan decent because they have names with a **** ton of vowels.

All the examples in this thread people are giving of "hypocrisy" are just people being mean. Networks allow "mean", they don't allow "racist"

Lebron James is King Kong. Was anyone at Vogue fired?

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_470.png

I don't know about fired, but that was 10 years ago and it was definitely a controversy: https://www.today.com/news/vogue-cover-lebron-stirs-controversy-wbna23797883

I don't know why you think i would lie about it. I put zero thought into it who/what they are. In hindsight, since the majority of players are black, so one could assume the majority of the protesters are, too.

However, I, honestly, think of them as football players, not black/white/hispanic football players. The only ones I think of as "different" are those of Samoan decent because they have names with a **** ton of vowels.

I didn't think for one second that you were lying. I just found it unusual that you didn't notice. I guess you didn't. Sorry for the mix up.

Last edited:
All the examples in this thread people are giving of "hypocrisy" are just people being mean. Networks allow "mean", they don't allow "racist"

Again, if it fit't their agenda then all is good. It is alright to be offensive and hurt someone, to speak ill of their children...etc but just don't do it to a person of color. Special treatment based strictly off of race is what keeps racism alive and well.

Special treatment based strictly off of race is what keeps racism alive and well.
To the bolded: interesting that you perceive it that way
To the rest: thanks for letting me know where you stand

To the bolded: interesting that you perceive it that way
To the rest: thanks for letting me know where you stand

How can you tell someone that they should not see the color of someone's skin yet turn around and have hiring quotas at the police and fire department based strictly off of race. How do you have WBE (women business enterprises) and MBE (Minority Buisiness Enterprises) that receive preferential status when it comes to government contracts and tell people that race and/or sex should have no bearing. As long as people demand and receive special treatment based strictly off of race and/or sex, racism and sexism will never go away.

I believe that definition has changed in the last 20 or so years per below
bi·par·ti·san

/bīˈpärdəzən/

adjective

adjective: bipartisan; adjective: bi-partisan

of or involving the agreement or cooperation by a republican to support a democrat position.

Jesus, for posting a picture of her and her boy? There are children suffering all over the world every day, so the comment is not only stupid but in extremely bad taste. Wonder how this'll turn out?

Ha. Who am I kidding.
You can only post pictures of you and your children without getting ridiculed if you support the right of mothers to kill their unborn babies.

You can only post pictures of you and your children without getting ridiculed if you support the right of mothers to kill their unborn babies.

The "tolerant" left showing their true colors again. Roseanne tweeted that garbage late night (probably bombed, not that that's an excuse), while this vile person had the segment prepared and made it part of her show.

I would love to see her get fired, show cancelled or whatever. If I were in charge, I would make it happen. I might even use an expletive for emphasis.

Everybody is pissed off because of the theme going around that Trump has separated 1500 immigrant kids from their parents. They say he "lost" 1500 kids. Of course it is a lie. When a family shows up to immigrate, the parents can be deported, but not the children. Children can only be held for 20 days, can't remember how long adults can be held. So basically, the children are given to sponsors, which are usually relatives already in the US, of which 80% are illegal aliens. They are also given a court date to appear for a hearing, but what often happens is the sponsor moves with the child, and now ICE and DHS do not know where to find them because the address has changed. The inconvenient truth. Just like they all jumped on the band wagon of the kids in the cages, even though the photo was an Obama era photo from 2014.

There’s a difference between calling an INDIVIDUAL a derogatory name versus calling a person by a racial epithet of an ENTIRE RACE of people.

Serious question. If a conservative commentator made Chelsea Clinton (or one of the Obama's daughters) a part of their show and called her a feckless c#n!, would that person still be employed?

And you never answered another question (to my knowledge), why is Maria Chappelle-Nadal "I hope Trump gets assassinated!" still employed by the U.S. Government?

There’s a difference between calling an INDIVIDUAL a derogatory name versus calling a person by a racial epithet of an ENTIRE RACE of people.

Maybe if you are trying to fit an agenda. Let someone speak ill if one of your children as an individual and see if you feel the same way. You don't get to decide what is offensive to everyone else or what is more offensive.

Serious question. If a conservative commentator made Chelsea Clinton (or one of the Obama's daughters) a part of their show and called her a feckless c#n!, would that person still be employed?

You already know the answer. They can deny it all they want. The double standard exists because the media is controlled by liberals. The free press has become nothing more than a tool to attempt to silence and destroy any opposition to liberalism. Period.

My Pops used to say...

"from the head...the fish stinks"..

Our Commander in Chief has done some really outstanding work and actually knows how to get the wash out, unlike most recent presidents...I have actually been pleasantly pleased at his accomplishments to date on the economy and world stage to name a few items..

But the one thing that is tarnishing his overall job performance is the ability to keep the country from becoming divided...which should be Job One of ANY POTUS in my humble opinion..

I know my comments will not go over well with all the Trumpsters....but in its simplistic form..that how steel dino sees it at the moment...

The tone and culture as it relates to division and lack of unity among ALL Americans, is unfortunately being initiated from the White House..Just the lack of not even condemning obviously very negative and hurtful racial, ethnicity, or religious remarks and then by not making statements to heal, as opposed to seemingly wedge the divide further is very concerning for me as a citizen of these "United" States of America...

Other than that...he's doing a pretty damn good job.

Last edited:
Maybe if you are trying to fit an agenda. Let someone speak ill if one of your children as an individual and see if you feel the same way. You don't get to decide what is offensive to everyone else or what is more offensive.

TriggeredManBunODyte has already decided what is offensive and what is not.

For the sake of SteelerNation, TriggeredManBunODyte will list that which is offensive and now off-limits in public speech:

You already know the answer. They can deny it all they want. The double standard exists because the media is controlled by liberals. The free press has become nothing more than a tool to attempt to silence and destroy any opposition to liberalism. Period.

I hear you and I do already know the answer, I just want to see if Troglodyte can show some intellectual honesty.

And you never answered another question (to my knowledge), why is Maria Chappelle-Nadal "I hope Trump gets assassinated!" still employed by the U.S. Government?

Might have been brushed off as “locker room talk”, grab her by the pissy type stuff, etc.

Elected officials can’t be fired.