• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ahmaud Arbery Murder

When we were younger (I'm talking like Middle School age), we did it quite a bit. I think it's a young person's thing of part curiosity, part "I'll go where I wanna go" sort of thing.

Copper...the price right now is unreal. I have projects that have had every copper lineset stolen overnight after the AC units and Furnaces were set. In addition, a project in Cleveland (yes, insert funny joke here), one of the subs had his big jobsite tool boxes stolen overnight, total loss of over $9,000 in power tools and specialty tools. Pawn shops are all too happy to sell the stolen **** too, and the police can do very little to stop it.

Looking to see if fixtures and appliances had been delivered and installed. Many developers put guards on construction sights now because that stuff is a target for thieves. Why else go into a construction site in the middle of a 22 mile jog.

Looking to see if fixtures and appliances had been delivered and installed. Many developers put guards on construction sights now because that stuff is a target for thieves. Why else go into a construction site in the middle of a 22 mile jog.

In work boots, cuz they make running easier.

is walking through construction sites a thing in the south? I’ve never heard of that until this case where apparently people in the south walk through construction sites like it’s a nature trail. I don’t get it.

I've never heard or seen anyone in the south doing that. You can get shot trespassing on someone's property here. He was casing the place and everyone knows it.

Nobody accused of a "racially motivated" crime right now is getting a fair trial anywhere in this country. When you have mayors and prosecutors filing charges and dismissing police officers without proper investigations, does anyone think that justice or any rule of law is being followed right now? Nope, it is nothing more than pandering to the mob.

Nobody accused of a "racially motivated" crime right now is getting a fair trial anywhere in this country. When you have mayors and prosecutors filing charges and dismissing police officers without proper investigations, does anyone think that justice or any rule of law is being followed right now? Nope, it is nothing more than pandering to the mob.

These guys seem to deserve what they get from everything I am seeing. It is the cops that seem to not have a fair chance particularly in the Atlanta case.

These guys seem to deserve what they get from everything I am seeing. It is the cops that seem to not have a fair chance particularly in the Atlanta case.

So because they "deserve it", they are not entitled to a fair trial as any other American? Like I said, nobody that is accused of a crime involving race or anything to do with BLM, Protests, statues...etc. is going to get a fair trial.

Not gonna melt but anyone that uses CNN as a source for news or anything truthful , doesn’t really care about the truth. They have been busted so many times lying.

LOL!! I take everything with a grain of salt and go to multiple sources for my news, not just one. Grabbed this link because it was the first one up and stated the same thing about the grand jury indictment as the others.

Not gonna melt but anyone that uses CNN as a source for news or anything truthful , doesn’t really care about the truth. They have been busted so many times lying.

So, CNN was lying and those guys weren't really indicted?

What does this have to do with this case?

Are you saying they rushed to press charges? That the indictment, and a well deserved indictment, was not warranted with all of the evidence?

What does this have to do with this case?

Are you saying they rushed to press charges? That the indictment, and a well deserved indictment, was not warranted with all of the evidence?

They were going to be indicted whether there was evidence or not. https://reason.com/2020/05/08/it-to...ge-father-and-son-with-ahmaud-arberys-murder/

"The Brunswick News reports that there were several conflicts of interest, seeing as the elder McMichael was a Glynn County police officer for seven years, followed by a 20-year career as an investigator for the Brunswick District Attorney's (D.A.) Office. Brunswick D.A. Jackie Johnson recused herself and the case was assigned to Ware County D.A. George E. Barnhill. Barnhill also had to recuse himself after it was discovered that his son, George F. Barnhill, worked for the Brunswick D.A.

In a letter to Captain Tom Jump of the Glynn County Police Department (GCPD), Barnhill expressed his belief that the McMichaels conducted a legal citizen's arrest. Because of this, the autopsy, and the video, Barnhill did "not see grounds for arrest."

The case was turned over to Hinesville D.A. Tom Durden.

On Tuesday, Durden released a letter saying he would bring the case before a grand jury "for consideration of criminal charges." Because of shutdowns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, Durden wouldn't be able to bring the case before a grand jury until June 12, nearly four months after Arbery's death."

So it took 4 months to bring charges, and this only occurred AFTER the outcry following the George Floyd incident. They were going to be indicted regardless of what evidence existed, again, pandering to the mob has become an acceptable form of justice in this country in the year 2020. They have no chance at having a fair trial, because if they are found innocent all hell will break loose again. No different than mayors and governors refusing to prosecute rioters and criminals that are committing vandalism, arson, assault. Let the mob do whatever they want and to hell with justice.

They were going to be indicted whether there was evidence or not. https://reason.com/2020/05/08/it-to...ge-father-and-son-with-ahmaud-arberys-murder/

"The Brunswick News reports that there were several conflicts of interest, seeing as the elder McMichael was a Glynn County police officer for seven years, followed by a 20-year career as an investigator for the Brunswick District Attorney's (D.A.) Office. Brunswick D.A. Jackie Johnson recused herself and the case was assigned to Ware County D.A. George E. Barnhill. Barnhill also had to recuse himself after it was discovered that his son, George F. Barnhill, worked for the Brunswick D.A.

In a letter to Captain Tom Jump of the Glynn County Police Department (GCPD), Barnhill expressed his belief that the McMichaels conducted a legal citizen's arrest. Because of this, the autopsy, and the video, Barnhill did "not see grounds for arrest."

The case was turned over to Hinesville D.A. Tom Durden.

On Tuesday, Durden released a letter saying he would bring the case before a grand jury "for consideration of criminal charges." Because of shutdowns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, Durden wouldn't be able to bring the case before a grand jury until June 12, nearly four months after Arbery's death."

So it took 4 months to bring charges, and this only occurred AFTER the outcry following the George Floyd incident. They were going to be indicted regardless of what evidence existed, again, pandering to the mob has become an acceptable form of justice in this country in the year 2020. They have no chance at having a fair trial, because if they are found innocent all hell will break loose again. No different than mayors and governors refusing to prosecute rioters and criminals that are committing vandalism, arson, assault. Let the mob do whatever they want and to hell with justice.

You know........not worth the response.

Carry on.

I think there is a lot of evidence in this case the public doesn't know about yet.

We can all agree a fair trial should be the goal every, single time in this country. We also know the quality of your defense lawyer (and sometimes how much they cost) also matters. Wish it didn't but it does. We also know that when the full brunt of the federal government DOJ comes down on you and prosecutes you, that is sometimes not fair either.

From a pure legal standpoint, this case is of interest to me. There is pressure right now in all these cases to over-reach on the charges. Government DA's are all between a rock and a hard place. Prosecute too quickly and reach for maximum charges and it could end in acquittal and the end of your political career. Succeed, and it could push you into being a career politician and all the perks that go along with that.

Not sure anything about it is "fair", just sort of the way it is. Still comes down to 12 jury members making a decision based on what the Judge allows them to hear.

I'm not comfortable with vigilante justice nor am I just assuming Arbery was 100% innocent of no wrongdoing (I'm not sold he was only "jogging" one bit). I personally think they will get a pretty fair trial even if jurors understand the general "mood" of the country. Eventually, the judge will tell them that this case has nothing to do with what is happening outside the courtroom. Only what they here in that building is what matters. I just hope they take their obligation seriously and judge on the facts presented and what is in their conscious.

I've always said our news media concentrates WAY too much on the initial act and arrest. We should be hearing much more the crimes and punishment people receive AFTER the legal process has taken place. I think America would get a much better idea of fairness (and any bias if there is any based on race), if the headlines each night was "X person was convicted of this felony, with these facts, to Y years in prison and when they are parole eligible". To always report on the salaciousness of the crime with limited evidence and facts is just one of many things our news media does wrong in my opinion. It would be much more "news" if they report on crimes that are convicted and the facts are mostly known.

It's like Trayvon all over again.

Sorry but this is not Trayvon all over again. We can (and did) debate all day whether it was appropriate for Zimmerman to follow Martin through the neighborhood. What is not debatable is that if you have someone who has punched you, broken your nose and is currently on top of you bashing your head into concrete you're allowed to defend yourself. You don't chase someone with guns drawn, hit them with your car and then get to claim self-defense because they are trapped and try to get the gun away from you.

Sorry but this is not Trayvon all over again. We can (and did) debate all day whether it was appropriate for Zimmerman to follow Martin through the neighborhood. What is not debatable is that if you have someone who has punched you, broken your nose and is currently on top of you bashing your head into concrete you're allowed to defend yourself. You don't chase someone with guns drawn, hit them with your car and then get to claim self-defense because they are trapped and try to get the gun away from you.

This.

I know there were people questioning why Arbery went after the gun and fought as well as the focus on the entry into the house under construction (that others also entered). Of course if there are still questions about why he went after the gun then obviously you either don't know or don't care about the rest of the recording of the incident that was reviewed where it showed him being chased and blocked every time he just tried to run away, which is why the third guy was arrested as he participated in the chasing and blocking. I would think that if this was happening to any of us, chased by people you don't know with guns that aren't cops and when you try to escape they block you, and even swipe you with their vehicle, there might be a point where flight turns to fight. He didn't know if they were going to try and kill him if they caught him and probably fought for his life, and unfortunately lost.

The home under construction, he didn't take anything, and it was trespassing at the most. Certainly didn't warrant the actions taken by the 3 stooges.

Alabama filled with raysisses!!!

right?