• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

All New OCs ::::::::::::::::: STEELERS @ bungles game day thread

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What impact will this NEW OC/Play Caller set up bring……….

Don’t expect huge changes……… but do expect change.

I see mostly positive, even on such a short middle of the year change. (why not during the by week)

Salute the nation

Weather will have an impact. I get to go sit in 47 degrees and steady rain the whole game. I waterproofed my pants and shoes but yuck.
I mean it’s Cincinnati… it could be sunny and 72 degrees and still it would be yucky…

Hope their fans enjoy the escaloser trip as they go home unhappy

I mean it’s Cincinnati… it could be sunny and 72 degrees and still it would be yucky…

Hope their fans enjoy the escaloser trip as they go home unhappy
It isn't Pittsburgh but it is far better than Cleveland.

I sense James Harrison will be there in spirit today.

harrisonkitty.png

Last edited:
I think they will simplify the playbook and focus on the basics - running routes, getting open, blocking, hitting the holes, etc.

Here are four things I'd do.
1. Ball in playmaker hands. Not big designed wr screens. He's playing off. Quick hitch.
2. Quick hitters to backs. Again not that wide bullshit. Fast.
3. Over the middle. Throw to muth and crosses.
4. Run Kenny run. WTF are you saving him for he us gonna get run out of town.

Keys to the game:
1. Can JPJr neutralize or at least limit Chase’s impact.
2. Can our meh run stopping game contain Joe Mixon, who is a known Steelers killer ( iird his 3rd highest ypc is vs the Steelers… and he’s played like ten games vs us…
3. Will the defense come out passive again against a backup qb or will they pressure him?
4. can our run game continue to be a productive foundation for the offense?
5. What will the post Canada Passing attack look like?

What I don't want to see today from the defense. It's 3rd&14, playing way off behind sticks and they convert for 16 yards. Oh my this rookie looks amazing. The second coming of Joe Montana.

I expect 5 sacks,2 picks and a forced fumble or two.

I am making skyline chili 86 pasta add spaghetti squash. good eating

Run the hell out of ball and stop the run. good things happen.

I look to see some passes over the middle. I really hope they turn the passing game loose so we can see what we actually have in KP. Good or Bad we need to know before the draft in April.

Defensively I destroy run on way to pass. If you want to let them shorten game with long drives ending in field goal attempts with your offense that is going to score 17 max without turnovers you are asking for trouble. Get kid off the mark early or he will look better than yours by the end of it.

I am making skyline chili 86 pasta add spaghetti squash. good eating

Run the hell out of ball and stop the run. good things happen.
A couple I know are making venison and sausage chili. Will be trying that sometime this week. So excited for that.

Really don't know what to expect from the team but if they follow their W W L pattern the team should squeeze out a close win.

First game I’ll miss in ages. Have to give a speech at my long ago friends memorial. There will be so many people I haven’t seen in ages. Here’s to Dan the Man.......a life too short!🍻🍻
R I P Dan. I have a friend in Florida with the same name. He just turned 70. I was calling him an old ****** on the phone yesterday. Always good to needle your friends here and there.😁

Been a long time since I threw out a speech. Was at a Steelers buddy's wedding over a decade ago. I am sure you will do just fine.👊