• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no accident or surprise. When you are viewed as a threat by BOTH sides of the political aisle, you need to be prepared to deal with shots fired from everywhere, whether they have any basis or not. There has been complete desperation to get him out of office from day 1 and they will look for anything they think they perceive they can find a weak spot with. Color me unimpressed.

Your post almost made me feel sorry for poor Donald J. Trump. Then I remembered what a bully and an idiot he is, what a vain loudmouth he is, what an imbecile he is. And that he's brought all of this upon himself. Then I realized the only people we should feel sorry for are the ones that have blindly supported him.

Your post almost made me feel sorry for poor Donald J. Trump. Then I remembered what a bully and an idiot he is, what a vain loudmouth he is, what an imbecile he is. And that he's brought all of this upon himself. Then I realized the only people we should feel sorry for are the ones that have blindly supported him.

You just summed up the way I feel about every other Politician in America. Those things don't make him special or different. The difference is that he came in looking to blow their fat and happy, kick-backing, fake, crony world apart. That's exactly what I wanted to see happen as well. If you didn't have such blind trust in your Politicians, you would understand it more.

ha ha

Trump Attorney: The President Is Not Under Investigation

“Let me be clear here,” said Jay Sekulow, a member of the president’s legal team, on NBC's “Meet The Press.” “The president is not and has not been under investigation for obstruction."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-attorney-president-not-under-investigation-n773751

DAW6yGqXUAA-mW-.jpg

Remove DJT and insert HRC; then replace he with she, and finally, change "what an imbecile he is" to "what imbeciles Democrats are"

Voila, now a statement worth clicking Like for.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Steeler Nation mobile app

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FOccupyDemocrats%2Fvideos%2F1585509451542103%2F&show_text=0&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FOccupyDemocrats%2Fvideos%2F1585509451542103%2F&show_text=0&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

Big difference is Hillary was charged with specific crimes for which there is actual evidence proving she did it. It is indisputable that she had an illegal server with classified documents.

Comey spelled out all the various crimes she committed and then, overstepping his authority, he simply said, 'but she didn't mean it". So we're not going to charge her or imvestigate further.

contrast that with Trump where they can't even tell you what he's being investigated for. It changes day by day. They've been investigating him for months. Obama had him illegally tapped. They've broken the law numerous times to unmask American citizens on wiretaps just hoping to find something, anything against Trump.

So far, there is nothing. The closest they came was a known fake document that said Trump hired prostitutes to pee on a bed. That was the basis for all these investigations.

Delicious! You just have to be patient, I'm going to savor every moment as the Birthday boy in chief comes slowly unhinged.

The only ones becoming unhinged are you democRATS...the longer this collusion **** goes on without evidence of collusion.
Kill yourselves rather than go after innocent people at a baseball game.

Delicious! You just have to be patient, I'm going to savor every moment as the Birthday boy in chief comes slowly unhinged.

Dems lose every Congressional special election tonight.

Dems lose every Congressional special election tonight.

Are you savoring the libs continued free fall into oblivion Burgundy? I know that I am. The more that they lie, cheat, grift and deny, the further isolated they become. It's a vicious circle that they refuse to abandon. It's kind of dangerous at times since they often lack impulse control. It's good to be aware of your area and it's quirks.

Are you savoring the libs continued free fall into oblivion Burgundy?
Yes, as a matter of fact I am.

The more that they lie, cheat, grift and deny, the further isolated they become. It's a vicious circle that they refuse to abandon. It's kind of dangerous at times since they often lack impulse control. It's good to be aware of your area and it's quirks.
I like how they think the answer is to move farther Left. If they move Center to get elected then they lose their base. :smile:

Ossoff is claiming a moral victory in his loss to Handel. Saying it's a beacon of hope for the election of 2018.

Well this is refreshing - from David Brooks of the NY Times - Let’s Not Get Carried Away - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/20/opinion/russia-investigation-trump.html

In retrospect Whitewater seems overblown. And yet it has to be confessed that, at least so far, the Whitewater scandal was far more substantive than the Russia-collusion scandal now gripping Washington.

There may be a giant revelation still to come. But as the Trump-Russia story has evolved, it is striking how little evidence there is that any underlying crime occurred — that there was any actual collusion between the Donald Trump campaign and the Russians. Everything seems to be leaking out of this administration, but so far the leaks about actual collusion are meager.

I can see liberal heads exploding right now. One of their own bringing a sane perspective to this crap..

There were some meetings between Trump officials and some Russians, but so far no more than you’d expect from a campaign that was publicly and proudly pro-Putin. And so far nothing we know of these meetings proves or even indicates collusion.

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be an investigation into potential Russia-Trump links. Russia’s attack on American democracy was truly heinous, and if the Trump people were involved, that would be treason. I’m saying first, let’s not get ahead of ourselves and assume that this link exists.

Heresy! He goes on to describe the situation as the politics of scandal, and brings it home with this awesome conclusion.

The people who hype the politics of scandal don’t make American government purer. They deserve some of the blame for an administration and government too distracted to do its job, for a political culture that is both shallower and nastier, and for fostering a process that looks like an elite game of entrapment.

Things are so bad that I’m going to have to give Trump the last word. On June 15 he tweeted, “They made up a phony collusion with the Russians story, found zero proof, so now they go for obstruction of justice on the phony story.” Unless there is some new revelation, that may turn out to be pretty accurate commentary.

Amazingly, I completely agree with David Brooks.

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be an investigation into potential Russia-Trump links. Russia’s attack on American democracy was truly heinous, and if the Trump people were involved, that would be treason. I’m saying first, let’s not get ahead of ourselves and assume that this link exists.

And assuming it actually was Russian hackers, if Hildebeast isn't using an illegal private email server that was easily hacked then none of this happens.
Remember, the election didn't get hacked. It's not possible. Bammy said so. What got hacked was Hildebeast's and the DNC'S email.

Last edited:
Between last night's election results and still nothing on Russia after a year of investigation (Ocommie started it) Tibs is going to have to spend some serious time in his safe space.

Republicans should be pushing a voter ID law now. Use the Dems own words as the basis for the need to secure our elections.

Robert Mueller, help lead us out of the woods. Let's meet the A Team who are entrusted to restore faith in American democracy.

Robert-Mueller.jpg

Who are the lawyers helping Robert Mueller in the Russia investigation?
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/lawyers-helping-robert-mueller-russia-investigation/

WASHINGTON — The team of lawyers investigating potential coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign is still growing, but its early composition reveals a breadth of experience in criminal law and in following the money.

The team includes a former Fulbright Scholar in Russia, a criminal law expert who’s argued dozens of cases before the Supreme Court, a former FBI counterterrorism agent, a veteran prosecutor who took down mobsters and went after Enron executives, and a lawyer with experience in the Watergate case.

At the top is Robert Mueller, who spent 12 years as director of the FBI before retiring from the bureau in 2013. He left the WilmerHale law firm last month to serve as special counsel in charge of the investigation.

The group he’s already assembled — with experience in international organized crime and the fundamentals of criminal and national security law — suggests he’s prepared to dig deep in a wide-ranging and probably lengthy investigation.

A spokesman for Mueller has confirmed the names of seven of the staff lawyers on board so far; more are expected to be added.

A look at those seven:

ANDREW WEISSMANN:
The veteran Justice Department prosecutor brings years of experience in complex financial fraud cases, corporate misconduct and organized crime.

He was the deputy and then leader of the department’s task force that investigated and prosecuted Enron executives in the energy giant’s stunning collapse.

He also served for years as a federal prosecutor in New York City, where he prosecuted members of the Gambino, Colombo and Genovese families.

Between 2011 and 2013, he was the FBI’s general counsel under Mueller and before that served as his special counsel.

He’s also spent the past several years as chief of the Justice Department’s criminal fraud section. That section’s cases have included large international bribery prosecutions and the criminal charges in January against German automaker Volkswagen in an emissions cheating scam.

MICHAEL DREEBEN:
A criminal law scholar, the deputy solicitor general has argued more than 100 cases before the Supreme Court in his decades of practice.

He’s represented the federal government’s position on a broad array of legal questions, including police use of GPS tracking to monitor the whereabouts of suspects; whether former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell crossed the line by performing favors on behalf of a wealthy benefactor who provided gifts to McDonnell and his wife; and whether seemingly threatening online posts could be treated as criminal acts.

AARON ZEBLEY:
Zebley’s had a long bond with Mueller, serving as his chief of staff at the FBI and then working alongside him at WilmerHale.

Zebley was an FBI special agent who worked counterterrorism investigations but also served as a national security prosecutor with cases including Chinese espionage.

Before his career in private practice, he worked as a special counselor in the Justice Department’s national security division.

JAMES QUARLES:
As a young lawyer, Quarles served as an assistant special prosecutor in the Watergate scandal involving President Richard Nixon.

Quarles has worked since the mid-1970s at WilmerHale, where he’s been focused on litigation.

LISA PAGE:
Page is a former trial attorney in the Justice Department’s organized crime and gang section. She prosecuted, among others, an associate and member of the Lucchese organized crime family and Bulgarian nationals in a money laundering scheme involving fraudulent eBay ads. Page also served in the FBI’s general counsel office.

JEANNIE RHEE:
Another WilmerHale partner, Rhee focused in private practice on representing people in government investigations, including white-collar criminal probes and criminal and civil fraud matters. Before that, she served in the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, which provides advice to government agencies on questions including national security, executive privilege and constitutional matters.

She served earlier in her career as an assistant United States attorney in the District of Columbia.

ELIZABETH PRELOGAR:
This lawyer with experience in the solicitor general’s office and at the Hogan Lovells law firm is also a former Fulbright Scholar who studied in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.