• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be so but we won the election LMAO

Yes, you won the election but lost the country. Nice job!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/26FPnj46RYsIWgYLe" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen="" width="480" height="275" frameborder="0"></iframe>via GIPHY

Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel more comfortable with - and helps you stomach - all of Trump's lies.

Have you seen any evidence that she was working for the Russian government at the time? I've been looking for it and can't find any. She works for a lobbying group which is attempting to undo US sanctions. If you think politicians in this country aren't approached a dozen times a day by people representing foreign business interests, you're very naive. Do you think Hillary never met with someone like this? You must be deluding yourself.

Scandal of Donald Trump Jr's alleged Russian collusion will force his father to resign, Columbia law professor predicts
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-emails-jared-kushner-donald-jr-a7842496.html

Though some think the President will be impeached, it is becoming increasingly likely he will resign of his own accord.

Once again, someone referring to her as a "Kremlin based lawyer". Still waiting for any evidence that she was working for the Kremlin.

That said, Trump resigning over any of this stuff wouldn't shock me. My honest feeling is he would love to have an excuse do that.

She works for a lobbying group which is attempting to undo US sanctions....sanctions against the Russian government and people close to Putin.
Hmm, I wonder who she works for? Probably just volunteering her time out of the goodness of her heart.

That said, Trump resigning over any of this stuff wouldn't shock me. My honest feeling is he would love to have an excuse do that.
It wouldn't shock me either. I just hope we get to see the end of the Mueller investigation, whether Trump sticks around for it or not.

Yes, you won the election but lost the country. Nice job!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/26FPnj46RYsIWgYLe" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen="" width="480" height="275" frameborder="0"></iframe>via GIPHY

I guess that all depends on your point of view.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

sanctions against the Russian government and people close to Putin. Hmm, I wonder who she works for? Probably just volunteering her time out of the goodness of her heart.

She has private clients and works for a Delaware based foundation that represents Russian business interests in rolling back sanctions.

Do you not understand how lobbying works? Do you think she is the first Russian lobbyist to ever meet with an American official or campaign? Do you think every Russian lawyer and lobbyist works for Putin? Does every British lobbyist work for the Queen? This is a global economy we're living in. There is nothing new or shocking about foreign lobbyists meeting with politicians (or I would imagine, prospective politicians), Hillary and Bill could tell you that. How much money did their foundation collect from foreign interests while she was secretary of state? Why does that not bother you but DJT Jr.'s. one meeting with a Russian lobbyist that resulted in nothing is some terrible crime? The hypocrisy is amazing.

Ha ha ha! Yeah right, Trump is going to resign over this bullshit. God, what a miserable life you libtards lead. Trump and Russia, Trump and Russia! 24/7. You ******* are insane.

She has private clients and works for a Delaware based foundation that represents Russian business interests in rolling back sanctions. Do you not understand how lobbying works? Do you think she is the first Russian lobbyist to ever meet with an American official or campaign? Do you think every Russian lawyer and lobbyist works for Putin? Does every British lobbyist work for the Queen? This is a global economy we're living in. There is nothing new or shocking about foreign lobbyists meeting with politicians (or I would imagine, prospective politicians), Hillary and Bill could tell you that. How much money did their foundation collect from foreign interests while she was secretary of state? Why does that not bother you but DJT Jr.'s. one meeting with a Russian lobbyist that resulted in nothing is some terrible crime? The hypocrisy is amazing.
You ignore the simple fact none of this is why Trump Jr. met with her. There was a whole different reason that was offered up for the meeting. But please, continue your lecture on lobbying and how it works. I'm sure many here will find that fascinating.

Go ahead and ignore this, since it's on CNN. But Jake Tapper does a pretty good job fact checking Trump Jr.'s own words on this issue. Like his dad, all he's done is lie, lie and lie. I wonder why? And oneforthebus, I'm sure you'll note that Trump's buddy Rob Goldstone is the one who states point blank the lawyer works for and represents the Russian government. So that aspect wasn't made up by liberals or the media, it's how she was characterized going into the meeting in Trump Jr's emails.

<iframe src="//fave.api.cnn.io/v1/fav/?video=politics/2017/07/14/fact-check-donald-trump-jr-meeting-jake-tapper-orig-db.cnn&customer=cnn&edition=international&env=prod" width="416" height="234" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And if that wasn't enough, there was yet another Russian at the meeting...

Former Soviet spy was present at Donald Trump Jr's meeting with Russian lawyer
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sent-donald-trump-jrs-meeting-russian-lawyer/

A former Soviet spy joined a Russian lawyer in a meeting with Donald Trump Jr on the promise of “information that would incriminate" Hillary Clinton, it was reported on Friday.

Rimat Akhmetshin, a US citizen born in Russia and described by Radio Free Europe as a "Russian gun-for-hire [lurking] in the shadows of Washington's lobbying world" was at the Trump Tower meeting, AP confirmed.

The June 2016 meeting, brokered by a British music publicist, Rob Goldstone, caused a political earthquake when it was revealed earlier this week. It is illegal to solicit campaign support from a foreign national, meaning that Mr Trump Jr, the eldest son of the president, could face criminal charges.

But surely none of this matters, let's get back to Trump's golf game, that's much more interesting.

Last edited:
Go ahead and ignore this, since it's on CNN. But Jake Tapper does a pretty good job fact checking Trump Jr.'s own words on this issue. Like his dad, all he's done is lie, lie and lie. I wonder why?* And oneforthebus, I'm sure you'll note that Trump's buddy Rob Goldstone is the one who states point blank the lawyer works for and represents the Russian government. So that aspect wasn't made up by liberals or the media, it's how she was characterized going into the meeting in Trump Jr's emails.*

<iframe src="//fave.api.cnn.io/v1/fav/?video=politics/2017/07/14/fact-check-donald-trump-jr-meeting-jake-tapper-orig-db.cnn&customer=cnn&edition=international&env=prod" width="416" height="234" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And if that wasn't enough, there was yet another Russian at the meeting...

Former Soviet spy was present at Donald Trump Jr's meeting with Russian lawyer
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sent-donald-trump-jrs-meeting-russian-lawyer/

But surely none of this matters, let's get back to Trump's golf game, that's much more interesting.

"You just don't get it Tibs. Yes they are lies but they are "fake lies" because they are coming from a CNN broadcast..".so in CONservative "logic" that makes them the truth.

Jeez liberals.......

You ignore the simple fact none of this is why Trump Jr. met with her. There was a whole different reason that was offered up for the meeting. But please, continue your lecture on lobbying and how it works. I'm sure many here will find that fascinating.

You ignore the simple fact that she is not a member of the Russian government. A private attorney and lobbyist trying to offer information to the campaign in hopes of gaining influence in return. Happens every single day in politics. I guarantee you Bill and Hil have encountered it regularly. It's not "treason". It's not "collusion with Putin". It's something entirely ordinary and mundane.That's the point here.

It's all grasping for anything that'll help dry the tears of a lost election.
Get over it already.

The level of desperation on display would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic and pitiable. When some bogus, mystical Russian interference scandal is the only hope you have of getting any satisfaction in politics, it must be a dark, dark existence. It's going to be a long long 3+ years for some.

Last edited:
Does anybody give a **** what dirt those Ruskies had on Clinton?

How about the former Haitian finance official set to testify against the Clinton Foundation corruption who was just found dead with a gunshot to the head? It was ruled a suicide already. Who would've thought another timely suicide?

How about the former Haitian finance official set to testify against the Clinton Foundation corruption who was just found dead with a gunshot to the head? It was ruled a suicide already. Who would've thought another timely suicide?
What's the Clinton body count up to now?

Klaus Eberwein. His friends describe him as upbeat and hopeful for rhe future despite fearing for his life.

Answer me this:

1. John spent four and a half hours at the lake fishing, but didn't catch any fish. Did John go fishing?
2. Brian bought a sawed-off shotgun and ski mask and tried to rob his local bank. The lock on the safe was jammed, so he couldn't get to the cash inside, thus he fled through the back door. Did Brian try to rob a bank?
3. Amy noticed her classmate's purse was left unattended on the back of her chair. She quietly snagged it and put it in her backpack. When she got home, she sadly noticed there was nothing in the purse but a bunch of kleenex and some gummy bears, so she threw it all in the trash. Did Amy steal her classmate's purse?
4. Dave saw his buddy typing his password to his online bank. He rushed home and accessed the account using the password. Unfortunately there was only $4.95 on the account, so he couldn't withdraw anything. Did Dave steal his buddy's password to try to rob his account?
5. Susan met with a friend who promised her the answer key to this week's biology exam. She brought the answer keys in with her and used it to answer the questions. Turns out the key was for last year's test, and she failed the exam. Did Susan cheat on the exam?

Or, in your opinion, none of them did anything since they didn't succeed in achieving what they set out to do?

Oh, i see the problem. You think it's illegal for him to meet with somebody from a foreign country who has dirt on a politicl opponent. It's not. But in your defense, there's no way you'd know that by watching the media.

You think it's illegal to go fishing but it's not.

Oh, i see the problem. You think it's illegal for him to meet with somebody from a foreign country who has dirt on a politicl opponent. It's not. But in your defense, there's no way you'd know that by watching the media.

You think it's illegal to go fishing but it's not.

And they didn't even have that. My understanding is that the Rooskies told Trump Jr. they had dirt on Hildebeast but when he met with them they really wanted to talk about trade restrictions. That wasn't what he was there for, so he left.

The straw the liberals are trying to grasp for is this falls under "Campaign Finance" laws. Somehow information is now considered the same as a monetary donation since it has "value". And campaign finance laws say you can't take money from foreign governments. That is also assuming the stretch her information (or lack there of) CAME from the Government. Considering there is no information, how can you prove it came from the government? The only "smoking gun" is that some English hack said this imaginary information on Clinton might or likely came from the Russian government (again, even though the information didn't exist).

And we haven't even got to the legal argument that information that was STOLEN from a government and is now in the hands of a private citizen and then given to a campaign might not be legally received information from a government at all (I sort of think this is very legal grey area).

AND we haven't even argued legally that without any actual information, Trump Jr. was never GIVEN the opportunity to actually turn it into the FBI/CIA once he and his campaign team had read the information. There is a legal argument to be made that if the information was real and it clearly came from the Russian Government that Trump Jr. et. al. might have turned it over to the FBI/CIA, however unlikely the liberal media and Tibs thinks that could have happened. They certainly can't be charged on this point without it ever happening or them being given an opportunity (because there was NO information).

Taking the meeting might have been underhanded and it might have been dirty politics, but to rise to a crime of Campaign Finance lawbreaking in this case seems totally implausible.

The pretzels Dems are twisting themselves into to try and make this into a crime would never hold up in any reasonable court of law.

Hmm, I wonder who she works for? Probably just volunteering her time out of the goodness of her heart.

It wouldn't shock me either. I just hope we get to see the end of the Mueller investigation, whether Trump sticks around for it or not.

maybe ask the officials of the Bomma Administration why they allowed her into the country in the first ******* place?

the only reason I could see Trump quitting is the left's incessant lawsuits against him eroding his own, private wealth.

Gee, if this happened to Obama, would he sic the IRS to investigate those officials and see where their trail of money originates?

The pretzels Dems are twisting themselves into to try and make this into a crime would never hold up in any reasonable court of law.

But this won't be tried in a reasonable court of law. This is being handled by the US government. Robert Meuller and 15 (or more) liberal lawyers. Reasonable went out the window a while back.

The straw the liberals are trying to grasp for is this falls under "Campaign Finance" laws. Somehow information is now considered the same as a monetary donation since it has "value". And campaign finance laws say you can't take money from foreign governments. That is also assuming the stretch her information (or lack there of) CAME from the Government. Considering there is no information, how can you prove it came from the government? The only "smoking gun" is that some English hack said this imaginary information on Clinton might or likely came from the Russian government (again, even though the information didn't exist).

And we haven't even got to the legal argument that information that was STOLEN from a government and is now in the hands of a private citizen and then given to a campaign might not be legally received information from a government at all (I sort of think this is very legal grey area).

AND we haven't even argued legally that without any actual information, Trump Jr. was never GIVEN the opportunity to actually turn it into the FBI/CIA once he and his campaign team had read the information. There is a legal argument to be made that if the information was real and it clearly came from the Russian Government that Trump Jr. et. al. might have turned it over to the FBI/CIA, however unlikely the liberal media and Tibs thinks that could have happened. They certainly can't be charged on this point without it ever happening or them being given an opportunity (because there was NO information).

Taking the meeting might have been underhanded and it might have been dirty politics, but to rise to a crime of Campaign Finance lawbreaking in this case seems totally implausible.

Reading this you would think that the entire scope of the investigation over the past two months has centered around this meeting. This meeting is only the most recent revelation and another in a troubling line of "Oh, I forgot about that" disclosures by the Trump team.

Status
Not open for further replies.