• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had FISA warrants. In that case I do not believe they did anything illegal. Slimy, underhanded and unethical, sure. But Illegal? Nah.

Exactly. And what evidence is there that "they" were Obama, Hillary and Bernie? Buncha low information goin on round here...

It was always implied that when Trump said "me" about wire tapping he meant his "team" and advisers.

Now we have proof and admission that they wire tapped Manafort while he was working for Trump.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me who is correct on that issue.

I agree with that. I was speaking more to the legal / illegal aspect.

Exactly. And what evidence is there that "they" were Obama, Hillary and Bernie? Buncha low information goin on round here...

Hillary can't be part of they, because she was not in government. Doubt Bernie was either. But I would bet Obama knew. Would bet the farm. He is the President. If he didn't authorize or order it, he certainly knew.

It was always implied that when Trump said "me" about wire tapping he meant his "team" and advisers.

Now we have proof and admission that they wire tapped Manafort while he was working for Trump.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me who is correct on that issue.

And by "Obama" he meant the FBI, and by "Trump Tower" he meant anywhere, and the quotes in his text meant not wiretapping per se but general surveillance, but lets change that to wiretapping without the quotes now that they're calling it wiretapping, and let's charge Obama and Hillary and Bernie for some kind of crime...

Now the one illegal thing that has occurred is that whoever leaked the information about the FISA warrants broke the law. That is a federal offense.

And by "Obama" he meant the FBI, and by "Trump Tower" he meant anywhere, and the quotes in his text meant not wiretapping per se but general surveillance, but lets change that to wiretapping without the quotes now that they're calling it wiretapping, and let's charge Obama and Hillary and Bernie for some kind of crime...

this is what you come across as...

tenor.gif

So............Its 200 year old cotton?

Daniell Rider represents "the left". So then it stands to reason that the guy that ran over the woman in Charlottesville represents" the right", in other words all of you...correct?

Daniell Rider represents "the left". So then it stands to reason that the guy that ran over the woman in Charlottesville represents" the right", in other words all of you...correct?

that IS the brush you paint with.

They had FISA warrants. In that case I do not believe they did anything illegal. Slimy, underhanded and unethical, sure. But Illegal? Nah.

They violated the FISA law in the unmasking and subsequent leaks.

They violated the FISA law in the unmasking and subsequent leaks.

Yeah, I said as much in post 1430 of this thread. But the taps themselves were not illegal.

I am not sure that she represents the left as much as she represents the stupidity of white guilt that permeates the left of our society. I mean, the conclusion she comes to is nonsense. And stupid.

Yeah, I said as much in post 1430 of this thread. But the taps themselves were not illegal.

That depends on if the FISA warrants were obtained under false pretenses.

False pretenses? LOL, good one.

Manafort offered to give Russian billionaire ‘private briefings’ on 2016 campaign
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1-ed975285475e_story.html?tid=pm_politics_pop

Less than two weeks before Donald Trump accepted the Republican presidential nomination, his campaign chairman offered to provide briefings on the race to a Russian billionaire closely aligned with the Kremlin, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Paul Manafort made the offer in an email to an overseas intermediary, asking that a message be sent to Oleg Deripaska, an aluminum magnate with whom Manafort had done business in the past, these people said.

“If he needs private briefings we can accommodate,” Manafort wrote in the July 7, 2016, email, portions of which were read to The Washington Post along with other Manafort correspondence from that time.

The emails are among tens of thousands of documents that have been turned over to congressional investigators and special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s team as they probe whether Trump associates coordinated with Russia as part of Moscow’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 U.S. election.

Soon it will be time to round up Trump and his entire team and measure them for fitting orange jumpsuits.

JUST IN: Mike Pence Caught In Paul Manafort Wiretaps
http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/09/19/just-in-mike-pence-caught-in-paul-manafort-wiretaps/

Vice President Mike Pence comes across as the epitome of goodness wearing his strong religious right views, but is he? As the Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s and Congress’ investigations continue to pound forward, much of the spotlight has focused on others. Former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort and Donald Trump, Jr. are among those at the top of the list. Yet, Pence’s involvement may be deeper than anyone realized.

Manafort supposedly left the campaign in August of 2016, but it appears that Manafort continued to work in tandem with the VP on staffing issues after Pence took over the transition team. A former campaign official who was closely tied to Manafort told The Daily Beast:

‘When they’re picking a cabinet, unless he contacts me, I don’t bother him. It’s a heady time for everyone. I think he’s weighing in on everything. I think he still talks to Trump every day. I mean, Pence? That was all Manafort. Pence is on the phone with Manafort regularly.’

Manafort has kept to the shadows since he formally retired from the campaign. Yet, he has been especially involved with Pence when it comes to any determination that would affect his own business relationships.

Pence and Manafort communicated regularly. Given that the former campaign chair was under a FISA surveillance warrant, in the latter part of 2016, law enforcement would have caught up to Pence, too. This is especially serious since the VP has lied numerous times in an attempt to cover up the Trump campaign ties to Russia. He could potentially be as guilty as Manafort.

The former official explained to The Daily Beast why Manafort weighed in to such a degree with the vice president:

‘A guy like Manafort tries to make sure that the government is as comfortable for business as possible. He wants names he knows on every door. He’s not worried as much about who’s the secretary of HHS as he is about who’s the secretary of HUD.’

A second Trump campaign official who was also closely tied to Manafort told The Daily Beast that the former campaign manager was still “heavily involved in selecting the incoming administration’s ‘personnel picks.'” Manafort has refused to acknowledge his involvement with Pence and before that the transition team. According to The Daily Beast, he said:

'I don’t want to get into that. I’m here to talk about the campaign, I don’t want to talk about transition.

Obama's corrupt regime again...

"The real question is why all of a sudden … he became of interest [again] to the FBI and the Justice Department. That's the real question. "This actually raises many more questions about how it would have been requested and for what reason."

"The surveillance calls into question whether then-President Barack Obama's political appointees acted improperly"

The "Russian" story is cover for the fact that Loretta Lynch and Susan Rice were taking orders from Obama and had crooked Democrat judges at FISA tapping the phones at Trump Tower before, during and after the election. It was campaign espionage via federal law enforcement agencies., far worse than Nixon. These ******* should go to jail.

cnn-BS.jpg

Oh many people are going to jail alright..only they'll have an R next to their name..............

Just how delusional is Spike and the rest of the Trumptards here? THIS DELUSIONAL: READ BELOW

FBI wiretap of Manafort is big news, but not because it vindicates Trump’s claim.
Trump's accusation remains as groundless as ever.

AARON RUPAR
SEP 19, 2017, 9:57 AM

On Monday night, CNN broke news that federal agents wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort during stretches of time both before and after the 2016 election, including early this year — “a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Donald Trump.”

Not only does CNN’s report suggest there could be records of communications Manafort had with Trump, but it indicates investigators had good reason to believe Trump’s former campaign chairman was serving as an “agent of a foreign power.” Manafort reportedly made millions working for an oligarch closely tied to Putin, and presided over the Trump campaign during a time when it first came under FBI scrutiny for its Russia ties. CNN reports that “[t]he FBI interest in Manafort” dates back to when he was working on behalf of pro-Putin interests in Ukraine in 2014.

For WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, CNN’s bombshell report vindicated Trump’s allegation about President Obama “tapping” his phones.

1icig2O.png

But news that Manafort was wiretapped does not in fact vindicate Trump’s claim. As CNN reporter Marshall Cohen pointed out, the wiretap in question pertained to Paul Manafort the person, not Trump Tower, where Manafort reportedly bought a condo with cash in 2006.

HBAhRv2.png

CNN reported that it is “unclear whether Trump himself was picked up on the surveillance.” But as Lawfare explains, even if Trump was picked up, “incidental collection” of that sort happens routinely during the course of criminal and counterintelligence investigations.

“Press reports have indicated for months that at least one, and potentially multiple, close associates of Donald Trump were subject to FISA warrants,” Lawfare notes. “It is possible now—as has been noted many times since Trump tweeted his accusation in March—that if the U.S. president was in communication with these individuals, his communications might have been incidentally collected. That isn’t the same as being wiretapped—and being subject to incidental collection as part of lawful collection against a third party really is not the same thing as being wiretapped by President Obama.”

Lacking evidence, the president has continued accuse the Obama administration of misconduct. Just last week, Trump baselessly accused former National Security Adviser Susan Rice of wrongdoing.

The WikiLeaks connection

Assange isn’t exactly an objective source when it comes to commentary about the Trump campaign’s shady foreign dealings.

Trump’s closing campaign message revolved around emails hacked from Hillary Clinton’s campaign that were then published by WikiLeaks — he publicly mentioned them more than 160 times during the campaign’s closing month.

While Trump has repeatedly tried to downplay the intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia meddled on his behalf, his own appointees acknowledge that WikiLeaks aided the Trump-Russia effort.

In April, Trump’s CIA director, Mike Pompeo, denounced Assange’s organization, saying WikiLeaks “walks like a hostile intelligence service and talks like a hostile intelligence service.”

“It’s time to call out Wikileaks for what it is — a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia,” he added.

UPDATE (9/19, 12:45 p.m.): While CNN’s report about the Manafort wiretap doesn’t vindicate Trump in any way, right-wing media outlets are nonetheless pushing that narrative on Tuesday.

Both Breitbart and Fox News have published and are promoting misleading “Trump vindicated” stories about the latest Manafort revelations.

2XwDPN7.png

Ge3F2M3.png

The fantasy world of Spike and the Trumptards...where up is down and down is up, meanwhile the Trump train is going up in flames............TICK.....TOCK......TICK.....TOCK.....Lol it won't be long now kids.

https://thinkprogress.org/paul-manafort-wiretap-trump-not-vindicated-9d2e2c6dce05/

so now the spin is that Manafort was just a campaign manager and not Trump himself.

interesting.

Does this mean the Russia investigation should cease? I mean, it was Podesta's email that was hacked and you just said the campaign manager is not the same as the candidate, so apparently the Russians did not hack Hillary or the election.

But i forget, liberals don't understand logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.