• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another “innocent” life taken

The cop couldn't win in this situation with the "crowd" no matter what he did. I saw several angles of the incident and he handled it the best way possible in my opinion. Some of the commentary from the captain hindsights in the peanut gallery is so ******* annoying. The **** that gets said about ..........shooting in the air, shooting in the leg or the arm, only shooting once, tazing, baton (what??? throw it like ******* thor, idiot), or tackling. JFC, people watch and believe too many movies. Oh, and tackle? that was a big chick and I'm not sure he was going to be able to take her down.

Let us not forget though those that are now provoking the "Stand your ground" argument for the girl. What? Two things.......when the cop came on the scene she was the aggressor not the other way around. You don't get to claim self defense after the fact and then come out charging. If I shoot someone retreating from my house that they broke into because they see me with a gun doesn't mean I get to go after them and shoot them..........that's not stand your ground. And weren't these the same people that were bitching about how awful stand your ground laws were after Zimmerman? Now they want to invoke them? GTFOH

The cop couldn't win in this situation with the "crowd" no matter what he did. I saw several angles of the incident and he handled it the best way possible in my opinion. Some of the commentary from the captain hindsights in the peanut gallery is so ******* annoying. The **** that gets said about ..........shooting in the air, shooting in the leg or the arm, only shooting once, tazing, baton (what??? throw it like ******* thor, idiot), or tackling. JFC, people watch and believe too many movies. Oh, and tackle? that was a big chick and I'm not sure he was going to be able to take her down.

Let us not forget though those that are now provoking the "Stand your ground" argument for the girl. What? Two things.......when the cop came on the scene she was the aggressor not the other way around. You don't get to claim self defense after the fact and then come out charging. If I shoot someone retreating from my house that they broke into because they see me with a gun doesn't mean I get to go after them and shoot them..........that's not stand your ground. And weren't these the same people that were bitching about how awful stand your ground laws were after Zimmerman? Now they want to invoke them? GTFOH

So many armchair cops out there that think they have THE solution to handle a violent and dangerous situation, but they have no freakin' clue. I've heard it all from no police should have any weapons on themselves on traffic stops to he should have told her to drop the knife to he should have shot her in the arm to he should have talked her down.

Even with the cop there, they continued to fight and the one still had a knife to stab the girl in the pink after the cop told her four times to drop it. Certain politican said black girls fight with knives all the time and the police don't need to be involved. Is this true of the black community? I'm seriously asking that this is normal? We are still in America in 2021, right?

You have to love when they say shoot in the air. They have no idea that what goes up must come down. Shoot up in the air in a populated area and there‘s a good chance somebody gets hit with the falling bullet a half mile away in a parking lot or walking their dog.

You have to love when they say shoot in the air. They have no idea that what goes up must come down. Shoot up in the air in a populated area and there‘s a good chance somebody gets hit with the falling bullet a half mile away in a parking lot or walking their dog.
Any holiday, or sports win and especially at New Years the police are putting out PSAs about not shooting guns in the air to celebrate as the falling "projectiles" could harm or kill someone. A couple years ago an 80 yr old woman in Durham was leaving a neighbors house just after midnight, New Years eve, to walk home. People nearby were shooting guns in the air to celebrate the New Year and she was hit by a falling bullet and killed just outside her house. "What goes up, must come down" They seem to forget that little bit of info.

Stand your ground even if it applied to her actions would only protect her from criminal penalties. No cop can be judge and jury in that scenario, decide she's acting in self-defense and just let her plunge a knife into someone. What a ludicrous argument.

No evidence that a loud noise alone would stop someone in the act if mid-stab.

fd44cdc7cdbfdf69.jpeg

Shannon's Law

Just shoot 'em like they do in the movies. Quick draw and it's all over: Hate to see anyone get killed, but ...