• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another one from the Only In California files

Lol, it "normalizes" White behavior. Well clutch the pearls and hold my heart. What a horrible travesty.

Uhhhh shouldn't the answer be to encourage more minorities to go into farming rather than labeling farming a racist activity? It's like that George Carlin quote, "We don't have time for rational solutions!"

Here is the scariest part of the article...

Joassart-Marcelli and Bosco received funding from the National Science Foundation to research “the role of food in structuring everyday life in immigrant and low-income urban neighborhoods.”

From the NSF webpage:
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense..." NSF is vital because we support basic research and people to create knowledge that transforms the future.

What a waste of tax payer dollars.

Im all for getting rid of food you don't grow or hunt yourself... obviously this farming and food prossesing agenda is evil...plus a lot if idiots would starve...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-farmer-returns-to-seized-land-idUSKBN1EF2US

Ululations, tears as white Zimbabwean farmer returns to seized land
Emelia Sithole-Matarise

RUSAPE, Zimbabwe (Reuters) - The last time white Zimbabwean farmer Rob Smart left his land it was at gunpoint, forced out in June by riot police armed with tear gas and AK-47 assault rifles.

He returned on Thursday to ululations and tears of joy from former workers and their families who were also kicked out - a jubilant return and the first sign that the president who has replaced Robert Mugabe is making good on a vow to stop illegal land seizures and restore property rights.

Scores of jubilant black Zimbabweans nearly knocked the 71-year-old off his feet as he and his two children stepped out of their car and onto their land for the first time in six months.

The professors, as reported by Campus Reform, say farmers’ markets are “exclusionary” because locals cannot “afford the food and/or feel excluded from these new spaces.”

Dudes have never been to a farmer's market. The food is amazingly good. I will not buy corn anywhere other than a farmer's market near home. The difference between the fresh corn on the cob from the farmer's market and the store-bought stuff is indescribable.

The professors, as reported by Campus Reform, say farmers’ markets are “exclusionary” because locals cannot “afford the food and/or feel excluded from these new spaces.”

Dudes have never been to a farmer's market. The food is amazingly good. I will not buy corn anywhere other than a farmer's market near home. The difference between the fresh corn on the cob from the farmer's market and the store-bought stuff is indescribable.

The Amish farmers have the best corn. When I had to drive to New Castle in the past, I would always stop by corn stands with the horse and buggies. The best.

Lol, it "normalizes" White behavior. Well clutch the pearls and hold my heart. What a horrible travesty.

Uhhhh shouldn't the answer be to encourage more minorities to go into farming rather than labeling farming a racist activity? It's like that George Carlin quote, "We don't have time for rational solutions!"

There already is a scam government program to encourage black farmers. There are people who are collecting thousands because they have window box with tomatoes in their apartment. Your tax dollars forked over $1.25 Billion under Obama

Buying vegetables is white privilege.

Mmmkay, so the locals are supposed to buy their food at Walmart where it's cheap because it's either imported or picked by (mostly) illegal migrant workers for less than minimum wage?
Because it should be free n' stuff.

There already is a scam government program to encourage black farmers. There are people who are collecting thousands because they have window box with tomatoes in their apartment. Your tax dollars forked over $1.25 Billion under Obama

I'm assuming you are referring to the 2013 lawsuit settlement which started with a couple hundred farmers and exploded to thousands of scammers

About 40,000 black farmers filed claims in the $1.2 billion settlement, which ended a discrimination case against the United States Department of Agriculture. In 2010, President Obama signed the bill authorizing compensation for discrimination in farm lending by federal officials.

Black farmers will receive settlement payments of $62,500, including $50,000 for the claim and $12,500 for taxes. Of the $1.2 billion, about $91 million was approved for attorney fees.
http://www.blackenterprise.com/blac...-1-2-billion-from-federal-lawsuit-settlement/

That was a one time Obama / Holder gift to the NAACP but truth be told, even without this thinly veiled reparations payment, farm subsidies are still out of control today.

Orden does believe that over the long term, there has been progress in abolishing some of the most wasteful farm subsidies. "We used to do all sorts of things to maintain high market prices for farmers," he says.

For example, the government used to buy up large amounts of agricultural commodities and either store them or export them at much lower prices. It also paid farmers to take vast amounts of land out of production. Those programs, Orden says, were probably more damaging to the overall economy than the payments and crop insurance payouts that farmers get today.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) spends $25 billion or more a year on subsidies for farm businesses. The particular amount each year depends on the market prices of crops and other factors. Most agricultural subsidies go to farmers of a handful of major crops, including wheat, corn, soybeans, rice, and cotton. Roughly a million farmers and landowners receive federal subsidies, but the payments are heavily tilted toward the largest producers.
https://www.downsizinggovernment.org/agriculture/subsidies

I believe that piggybacking the food stamp program onto the annual Farm Bill was the reason they can't cut these farm subsidies. They would have to cut food stamps also and we know that ain't a gonna happen.

OH...BTW guess where the majority of the money goes

oqgdi3hqwjk0ciuaybk3.jpg

3pa77q.jpg

Mmmkay, so the locals are supposed to buy their food at Walmart where it's cheap because it's either imported or picked by (mostly) illegal migrant workers for less than minimum wage?
Because it should be free n' stuff.

The real translation here is farmer Jimmy brings produce from his garden plot to town in the bed of an old chevy/Ford/dodge pickup. He has corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, okra, thee kinds of melons and two types of squash. What he doesn't bring is a scanner that reads EBT cards.

Buying vegetables is white privilege.

Well.....when just being born the wrong color is White Privilege, I'd say I'm pretty well already ****** there. Everything I will ever do is White Priviledge. I don't know whether to keep working hard at my career or just say **** everything and quit going to work and paying bills. Not sure which one will help me to stop being White Imperialist scum. I need direction in my life, my White Priviledge is clouding my judgement.

The real translation here is farmer Jimmy brings produce from his garden plot to town in the bed of an old chevy/Ford/dodge pickup. He has corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, okra, thee kinds of melons and two types of squash. What he doesn't bring is a scanner that reads EBT cards.

I hadn't thought of that but you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by DBS1970 View Post

And there’s no stand that sells single cigarettes and sizzurp.

Maybe not but they do give coupons out to needy mothers and seniors to use to get fresh veggies and fruit at the markets. My problem with the program was the amount of people who had the coupons that couldn't speak english. How do they get Gov't assistance without being able to communicate ?

http://elderaffairs.state.fl.us/doea/farmers_market.php

Last edited: