• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another school shooting. The poor kids. And Parents. It’s sickening.

Kids aged 5-11. I’m glad the killer is dead, but he deserves far worse. You know, like getting cornholed in his cell all day every day by the hardest convicts on the planet. Humanity is slowly but surely losing its way.

Horrifying. And I kinda feel like we should have some safeguards in place for not making it so easy for these psychotic teenagers to buy guns but unfortunately I don't think it will help. They'll get their hands on them one way or another if they really want to.

Maybe we can now fortify schools. Courthouses are. Corporations often are. Why not our schools?

Maybe we can now fortify schools. Courthouses are. Corporations often are. Why not our schools?
It's really the only way they can possibly be prevented. The Sandy Hook shooter's mom bought his guns (******* moron). No background check or mental illness screening would have stopped it.

It's really the only way they can possibly be prevented. The Sandy Hook shooter's mom bought his guns (******* moron). No background check or mental illness screening would have stopped it.

As I just heard someone say, the "genie is out of the bottle" with regards to guns. You aren't putting it back in. Laws and legislation aren't going to work.

Also heard, all the billions that were sent to schools for Covid relief.....tons of it is sitting unused. Estimate is $2Billion would allow them to fortify every school in the nation.

Do it.

Now it's up to 18 kids and 3 adults dead. So sad.

Unfortunately this is society and you can see it's degradation with every new generation. No moral code,right,wrong,good,evil, no God, nothing higher than yourself. So many fractured lost humans. This will never get better on its own accord. No gun law can cure the poisoned uncaring heart.

I couldn't even imagine little kids having a normal day just going to school, excited for summer vacation and having that happen. It's awful regardless of the situation, but this one hits harder.

As I just heard someone say, the "genie is out of the bottle" with regards to guns. You aren't putting it back in. Laws and legislation aren't going to work.

Also heard, all the billions that were sent to schools for Covid relief.....tons of it is sitting unused. Estimate is $2Billion would allow them to fortify every school in the nation.

Do it.
What is the plan to fortify schools?

My daughters’ high school has all the doors locked from the outside. You have to push a buzzer on the intercom and state your name and purpose before they let you in. Then you go to a secure room where you have to present your I.D. (That’s racist!) and they give you a sticker badge with your pic and name on it. Then you get buzzed in to the school. And I’m in a very low crime area.

And there are on duty police officers present on site during school hours.

It's horrible. And of course it will be an opportunity to come after guns.

Notice the last two perps were 18 years old. Which means they spent the last two years or more in varying phases of lockdowns and isolation when they should have been in school. But the possibility that could be a cause will never be discussed.

I couldn't even imagine little kids having a normal day just going to school, excited for summer vacation and having that happen. It's awful regardless of the situation, but this one hits harder.

What is the plan to fortify schools?

There is no single plan. There's lots of suggestions. IRC, $2Billion puts armed personnel in every school, and some fortification (like Indy mentioned). It's not hard to lock all doors, have a single point of entry.

My sons' high school here in MD, a very very good area, always had an armed officer up front at the main entrance.

Odd, never any violence either.

There is no single plan. There's lots of suggestions. IRC, $2Billion puts armed personnel in every school, and some fortification (like Indy mentioned). It's not hard to lock all doors, have a single point of entry.

My sons' high school here in MD, a very very good area, always had an armed officer up front at the main entrance.

Odd, never any violence either.
I had to go back to my old high school to get my transcripts when I started mortuary school. Didn't really see the need since I had bachelors and masters degrees already so it was kind of obvious I graduated from high school, but it is what it is. Only one entrance is open with two security guards and a metal detector inside, then from there you get buzzed into the rest of the school.

I've learned to reserve comment on mass shootings until we know more.

My daughters’ high school has all the doors locked from the outside. You have to push a buzzer on the intercom and state your name and purpose before they let you in. Then you go to a secure room where you have to present your I.D. (That’s racist!) and they give you a sticker badge with your pic and name on it. Then you get buzzed in to the school. And I’m in a very low crime area.

And there are on duty police officers present on site during school hours.
It’s sad it’s all come down to this. Been many years since my kids were in elementary or high school. My last two houses backed on to elementary schools. Loved living in both hearing the laughter and joy of children. Perfect for my kids to walk right through their back yard to school.

I have no idea what the answer is. You block people coming in......what about all the sports fields,recess etc.
Do we put walls all around every School? You know that can’t happen. Downtown cities maybe. Schools are usually big areas surrounded by some type of greenery. It’s almost impossible to defend all access points for all schools.

Arming teachers,guards? I think the type of person that does this type of thing doesn’t give a **** if they get shot. It’s all about how many they can take with them. I certainly don’t know the answer. Make it harder for access? Of course. But we all know the black market would thrive and anyone that wants one can get it. What a ****** up situation. My heart goes out to the families involved.

I wish the cops would have blown his balls off with the first shot, then let him roll around for about 20 minutes before they put him out of his misery.

I haven't been in high school in over 50 years but know that nothing like this would happen back then. We've gone from a responsible society, to an I, I, me, me, mine, no
consequences one. Far too many have no respect for anything or anyone, and we only have ourselves to blame in letting this happen.
I'm not sold on universal health care, but could be swayed on universal mental health care, and mandatory sentencing for banishing a fire arm, whether fired or not.
Prayers for those families, I can't begin to imagine what they are going through.