• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anybody worth moving up for in round 2?

Alright, we have our QB, who are you looking at in Round 2?

WR: Christian Watson, Skyy Moore, John Metchie, George Pickens, Alec Pierce
OL: Bernhard Raimann, Abraham Lucas
DL: Travis Jones, Logan Hall, DeMarvin Leal
EDGE: David Ojabo, Arnold Ebiketie, Drake Jackson
LB: Leo Chenal, Chad Muma
CB: Andrew Booth, Kyler Gordon, Roger McCreary
S: Jalen Pitre, Jaquan Brisker, Nick Cross

Watson, Moore, pickens, Brisker, Booth and Gordon are worth a move up

Andrew Booth Jr - CB - Clemson - This kid has the skills to be a shut down corner at an NFL level. Pretty damn good tackler too....something severely lacking in many DB's. Plus he can return punts and kickoffs too. He's only a Junior....if he stayed in college he most likely would be the #1 or #2 CB off the board. I Hope they Draft him!

I could bet my dog that Booth will be gone by 2.05

Alright, we have our QB, who are you looking at in Round 2?

WR: Christian Watson, Skyy Moore, John Metchie, George Pickens, Alec Pierce
OL: Bernhard Raimann, Abraham Lucas
DL: Travis Jones, Logan Hall, DeMarvin Leal
EDGE: David Ojabo, Arnold Ebiketie, Drake Jackson
LB: Leo Chenal, Chad Muma
CB: Andrew Booth, Kyler Gordon, Roger McCreary
S: Jalen Pitre, Jaquan Brisker, Nick Cross
Perhaps one of these.

I'd like that. And how 'bout grabbing D'Eriq King on Saturday? They could develop him the way the Eagles did with Greg Ward. The offense could use some Randle El-esque pizzazz.
king could be newer version of slash

I've been pimping Logan and Marcus Jones for a while. I also added Damarion Williams, David Anenih, Deontay Anderson and Kody Russey to my pimp list

I think Hall, Jones and Williams get drafted while the others are likely UDFA signings....but could go late if a team has a specific need

Anderson is that hybrid Safety/LB that the STeelers like to go after so there could be a shot. Anenih would be a good special teamer until he could earn some playing time.

Russey really showed out at the Pro Day and I think he would be a good pickup with the last 7th rounder or a priority FA after the draft

I look to trade “Drops” Johnson for 2-3 picks in the next couple rounds.

DL and WR are still our top needs. There was already a huge run on WR's in the 1st. The DL will have their run early in the 2nd round is my guess.

I think you let the draft fall to you.

The Skyy is the limit. We need speed at WR so let’s draft this kid in round two. Skyy Moore and Kenny Pickett sound good to me.

king could be newer version of slash

I've been pimping Logan and Marcus Jones for a while. I also added Damarion Williams, David Anenih, Deontay Anderson and Kody Russey to my pimp list

I think Hall, Jones and Williams get drafted while the others are likely UDFA signings....but could go late if a team has a specific need

Anderson is that hybrid Safety/LB that the STeelers like to go after so there could be a shot. Anenih would be a good special teamer until he could earn some playing time.

Russey really showed out at the Pro Day and I think he would be a good pickup with the last 7th rounder or a priority FA after the draft
I was looking at Logan & Marcus highlights and stats last night. Of course the highlights always look great. I didn’t even realize that Marcus didn’t even play with Houston for his 4 years. Played with Troy for 2 years then barely played his first year with the Cougars. Then had one great last year. He had a grand total of 3 int in his first 3 years,then a 5 int last season.

Logan Hall has basically hardly any stats at all in his first 3 seasons as well. Then one glorious last season.

Any concerns?
Hopefully you take these comments with a grain of salt. After listening to all the draft talk criticism about Picket having only one great season, had peaked, has no upside, blah,blah,blah. Lightbulb took this long.... all that BS. Yet he set the career TD records over Dan. We will see.

I think most top players have a great year their last college year.

I was looking at Logan & Marcus highlights and stats last night. Of course the highlights always look great. I didn’t even realize that Marcus didn’t even play with Houston for his 4 years. Played with Troy for 2 years then barely played his first year with the Cougars. Then had one great last year. He had a grand total of 3 int in his first 3 years,then a 5 int last season.

Logan Hall has basically hardly any stats at all in his first 3 seasons as well. Then one glorious last season.

Any concerns?
Hopefully you take these comments with a grain of salt. After listening to all the draft talk criticism about Picket having only one great season, had peaked, has no upside, blah,blah,blah. Lightbulb took this long.... all that BS. Yet he set the career TD records over Dan. We will see.

I think most top players have a great year their last college year.

Actually I think it is good that you looked deep enough at these guys to ask these questions. I have no concerns about either of them at the next level.

Logan got to UH as a pretty raw player, he worked hard and was in a rotation system. He was a starter his last two years, but 2020 was a **** year for most of the team and Peyton Turner (who went to the saints in the first round last year) was the focal point on defense. Coming into the last season, he wasn't one of the Coogs I pimped to watch out for. Last year he was very good, he played inside and outside and was a real force. He really improved each year and I believe he has a high ceiling. He is likely better suited as an end in a 3-4 system, but I think he would still be disruptive lined up beside Watt or Highsmith. He is quick on his feet and gets his hands up on the OL very quickly to control the blocker.

I am not sure where you got your stats on Jones He had 2 picks each year at Troy and a total of 14 PDs and 1 pick and 4 PDs in 7 starts at UH in 2020 UH only played 8 games in 2020

below is the write up from NFL.com

Jones began his career as a three-star recruit at Troy. He was named the Sun Belt Conference Freshman of the Year (49 tackles, two for loss, two interceptions, one returned for a score, six pass breakups) and a Freshman All-American kick returner (ranked seventh in the FBS with 30.3 yards per return and tied for third with three touchdown returns). In 2018, Jones was a first-team All-Sun Belt pick at kick returner (23-584-25.4, one TD) and second-team pick at cornerback (34 tackles, two interceptions, team-high nine pass breakups in 11 games with nine starts). He got some work on offense, as well (2-5-2.5 rushing; 5-28-5.6 receiving). Jones decided to take his game to Houston in 2019, though he was required by the NCAA to sit out that season as a transfer student. He was a first-team All-American Athletic Conference pick as a returner for the Cougars in 2020, leading the FBS with 19.8 yards per punt return (17-337, one TD; 5-102-20.4 kick returns). He started seven games at corner (24 tackles, two for loss, one interception, four pass breakups), as well. Jones performed his various duties so well in 2021 that he won the Paul Hornung Award as the nation's most versatile player. He was a second-team All-American Athletic Conference selection at cornerback after tying for fourth in the FBS with five interceptions and tying for ninth with 13 pass breakups (to go with 48 tackles in 13 games, 11 starts). Jones really starred as a returner, though, receiving first-team Associated Press All-American and American Athletic Conference Special Teams Player of the Year honors by ranking fourth in the FBS with 14.4 yards per punt return (26-374-14.4) including a nation-best two scores. He tied for second in the nation with two kick return touchdowns, as well. -- by Chad Reuter

and a link to his stats on espn

Last edited: