• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are we SURE AOC isn't a Republican?

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
AOC has come out on her social media and through interviews defending a congressional pay raise.

Her reasoning? "If members of Congress MAKE more money, they won't be as tempted to go out and try to ... erm.... make more money." She defends the clearly logic-driven notion that congressional members are tempted by outside sources to secure more money and better incomes for themselves and this desire for more wealth would be curbed if the American taxpayer would just, you know, give members of congress more money.

As it is, she makes her congressional salary of around $175,000. She also pulls in around $50k per speaking engagement. And let's not forget the Netflix special royalties as well as the money she'll make on her book.

But, to be sure - in order to secure a "livable wage" for herself and her co-congress members, she is endorsing a pay raise to keep them from seeking 'other' sources of money.

I wonder, does she realize she's kinda the 1%?

th

She is doing her part to get more Republicans elected.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hit.

I am 100% sure these "book deals" politicians get is a way to funnel and wash corrupt money into their bank accounts to buy votes and access. I call bullshit on the Obamas and Clintons getting 8-9 figure "bonuses" for books no one the **** reads. How many cases of Michelle Obama's book did Iran buy as a kickback to the $140 billion in cash they got dropped on their doorstep?

I haven't seen one ******* copy of any of these political hack's books being read on a subway or at the beach or by my friends. I have asked many of them (and they all vote liberal). Did you buy Michelle's book? Not a ******* one.

A recent report suggested that AOC will run for Senate in 2022. Scary stuff.

A recent report suggested that AOC will run for Senate in 2022. Scary stuff.

The Dems are going to run someone against her next election... she is going to be a one term nobody that only has national exposure cause you repubs keep paying attention to her nonsense.... she is like Beto... a flash in the pan nothingburger.

The Dems are going to run someone against her next election... she is going to be a one term nobody that only has national exposure cause you repubs keep paying attention to her nonsense.... she is like Beto... a flash in the pan nothingburger.

If I was her dad I would tell her to shut the **** up, you don't know what you're talking about and you are an embarrassment to the family. And I'd be depressed for failing as a father because my kid is a total ********.

Jon Stewart rips into Congress.

fascinating that AOC and other members of Congress are defending their $4500 raise but can't be bothered to help 9/11 first responders.

Notice he wasn't singling out Dems or Repubs or Conservs or Libs.
HE SCORCHED THEM ALL!............and rightfully so!
Most of our elected officials in congress are professional crooks and snake oil salesmen.
THEY ALL NEED TO GO, sans a few that actually use their brains and have morals.

Yeah, but I fail to see how $4500 a year is going to keep any of those crooks from taking the 10's of thousands of kickbacks they already get. Like that $4500 is going end or even curb the corruption in our government. Her suggestion of such a thing is ridiculous. Six months I congress doing nothing but squabbling on twitter and she is in favor of a pay raise.

Yeah, but I fail to see how $4500 a year is going to keep any of those crooks from taking the 10's of thousands of kickbacks they already get. Like that $4500 is going end or even curb the corruption in our government. Her suggestion of such a thing is ridiculous. Six months I congress doing nothing but squabbling on twitter and she is in favor of a pay raise.

Sarge, you don't understand it because she is an idiot, and you are not.

AOC. Unt will take the raise and payments from lobbyists. Win/win for her, lose/lose for us taxpayers.

Congress is ineffective...gets pay increase. Teachers are ineffective..get pay increase. Minimum wage gets increased for no reason. Great strategy. Pay more for nothing. Welcome to America.

She already gets paid 170k too much. She should win some type of award. hmmm dumbest elected crazy eyed ***** of the year. To present this award we have multiple award winner Nancy"Plastic Face" Pelosi. She shattered the ceiling for being worthless,corrupt and dumber than dirt.

Congress is ineffective...gets pay increase. Teachers are ineffective..get pay increase. Minimum wage gets increased for no reason. Great strategy. Pay more for nothing. Welcome to America.

Ya had me and ya lost me. Take the average person off the street who rails against teachers getting paid too much and put them in a classroom in charge of 30 kids for one single day. You'll never hear them complain about teacher salaries or having summers off again.

And besides that, teachers salaries directly reflect the economic standing of the community they teach in. If you teach in an affluent community you get paid a pretty high salary. If you teach in a poor area you don't get paid well at all. I started off making 21K and that is with a Masters Degree.

Last edited:
Ya had me and ya lost me. Take the average person off the street who rails against teachers getting paid too much and put them in a classroom in charge of 30 kids for one single day. You'll never hear them complain about teacher salaries or having summers off again.

And besides that, teachers salaries directly reflect the economic standing of the community they teach in. If you teach in an affluent community you get paid a pretty high salary. If you teach in a poor area you don't get paid well at all. I started off making 21K and that is with a Masters Degree.

Exactly right. I have a Master Degree along with 4 other degrees. Children are the incarnations of their upbringing. They are mirrors of their parents. That's the rule. I choose to teach in a mostly minority school. I could teach in many other places. But It's where I started and I wanted to help a failing school system. I've been here for 4 years now. But there isn't much I can do when the parents won't call you back. The parents are in jail. Almost none of them have fathers ETC... This is a cultural issue as much as an economic one. It's sad but it is what it is.

One more thing. The education system is top heavy. The Mississippi state superintendent makes over $300,000 a year. She's the highest paid state employee. She makes more than the governor. There are bureaucrats all over the place that do absolutely nothing. The entire Federal education dept. should be shut down. It doesn't absolutely nothing but waste tax money.

Exactly right. I have a Master Degree along with 4 other degrees. Children are the incarnations of their upbringing. They are mirrors of their parents. That's the rule. I choose to teach in a mostly minority school. I could teach in many other places. But It's where I started and I wanted to help a failing school system. I've been here for 4 years now. But there isn't much I can do when the parents won't call you back. The parents are in jail. Almost none of them have fathers ETC... This is a cultural issue as much as an economic one. It's sad but it is what it is.

One more thing. The education system is top heavy. The Mississippi state superintendent makes over $300,000 a year. She's the highest paid state employee. She makes more than the governor. There are bureaucrats all over the place that do absolutely nothing. The entire Federal education dept. should be shut down. It doesn't absolutely nothing but waste tax money.

My brother moved to MS briefly when he left the service after being in Germany. His daughter was 2 grades above her age group in fourth grade. The education system there was a mess. They decided MS might not be a great place to settle down and moved to Iowa instead.

Thanks for what you guys do, incredibly selfless.

Which should be the other way around.

Which should be the other way around.

Absolutely. The kids would be much much easier to deal with in affluent areas, mainly because they have parental involvement, but I will say that the big problem with teaching in those places is the knowledge that if Junior doesn't score high enough on the ACT or get straight A's all through school, mommy and daddy will be visiting the school with lawyers threatening to have people fired. Never mind that Junior may be wealthy but he's also a dumbass.

Those are the kind of things that make me want to stay in a low income district. A lot of those kids are thrilled to have a warm place to go and a hot lunch, so they can be much more appreciative when someone in authority takes an interest in them. Also, to have some of those kids that come from the most horrible homes and to see the rare ones somehow overcome and rise above their circumstances is totally worth it. It may only be 1 or 2 in 10 but it's still worth it.

When I started teaching, they gave me what I affectionately refer to as the "Zoo Class". As a 1st year teacher they gave me the Sr. English class filled with that group of kids who absolutely did NOT give a **** about world lit. I caught them lighting books on fire, drawing on the floor with a Magnum marker, literally dismantling their desks...

Meanwhile the most senior and experienced teacher in the school was given the A.P. (advanced placement for those not at all involved in education) Class. These kids brought their OWN F'n books to school. They BEGGED for more work and responsibility and they were largely self-motivated.

So - logically, you take the least experienced person on your staff and put them in the most difficult environment while you take your all-star and ask them to put on cruise control for the valedictorian group. Great Plan!

I did love my Zoo Class though. Cut my teeth and learned a LOT about classroom management. So on that front, I absolutely thank my Principal for putting me in that situation.