• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Barbara Bush 1925-2018

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
barbara_bush_photo_david_valdez_white_house_photo_office_public_domain_via_wikimedia_commonsjpg.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Statement by the Office of <a href="https://twitter.com/GeorgeHWBush?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GeorgeHWBush</a> on the passing of Barbara Pierce Bush this evening at the age of 92. <a href="https://t.co/c6JU0xy6Vc">pic.twitter.com/c6JU0xy6Vc</a></p>— Jim McGrath (@jgm41) <a href="https://twitter.com/jgm41/status/986388257150787584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I honestly expected Bush 41 to go before her.

RIP. I heard she was refusing further treatment, but didn’t expect her to go that quickly.

Sorry to hear that.

I really don't think 41 will live much longer. It seems once one 1/2 passes, the other 1/2 follows when they have failing health issues.

I really don't think 41 will live much longer. It seems once one 1/2 passes, the other 1/2 follows when they have failing health issues.

Yeah my grand parents were married a long time and my g-pap died from lung cancer. My g-ma was in seemingly good health but ended up dying a month and a half later. She collapsed on the front porch one morning and was in the hospital for 3-4 days and they were getting ready to release her. The night before she was to come home the hospital called and said we needed to come quick because she fell again and her heart was operating at like 10%. She died like an hour later. The really sad part is my friend went to visit her the next morning and I had not had a chance to tell her that she had died yet and he got a terrible shock.

It's a sad day for the nation indeed. Always a classy lady. Rest in Peace.

Straight up classy lady. Had a wit like no other....married to the same man for 73 years. That in istelf is an accomplishment, First Lady or not. She was a great woman who had a big hand in shaping the policies and politics of the day. She might have disagreed with her husband and her son on certain political issues, but she never voiced it publicly.

"Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people- your family, friends, and coworkers, and even strangers you meet along the way."
Barbara Bush

Class, loyalty, and caring. RIP.

Barbara’s Pearls of Wisdom
”The American Dream is about equal opportunity for everyone who works hard. If we don't give everyone the ability to simply read and write, then we aren't giving everyone an equal chance to succeed.“

—Barbara Bush

Quite a matriarch. RIP Mrs. Bush

every post on their FB wall is getting blasted

And sadly, there's this.

Roger Stone Disses Barbara Bush as a ‘Nasty Drunk’ on News of Her Death
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/roger-stone-disses-barbara-bush-nasty-drunk-news-132928624.html

Trump political consigliere Roger Stone unloaded on Barbara Bush in an Instagram post on Tuesday evening just hours after her death. There, Stone wrote that the former first lady was a “nasty drunk” and posted a quote from him suggesting that if you lit her body on fire it would “burn for three days.”

“Barbara Bush was a nasty drunk. When it came to drinking she made Betty Ford look like Carrie Nation #blottoBabs,” said Stone. “Barbara Bush drank so much booze, if they cremated her … her body would burn for three days.”

The former first lady died last night after several years in failing health. She was 92.

“She said far worse things about me,” Stone told TheWrap. “Barbara Bush was a vindictive, entitled, mean spirited woman. May she rest in peace.”

Stone was banned from Twitter last year over a series of expletive-ridden tweets aimed at a number of media personalities. He has increasingly moved his most fiery content to Instagram, where he remains in good standing — for now.

The self-described political “dirty trickster” has long been a ferocious critic of the Bush family and even dedicated a full-length book documenting their misdeeds in 2016. “Jeb! and the Bush Crime Family: The Inside Story of an American Dynasty,” — came out just days before Donald Trump was elected president.

“This book is very tough,” reads an editorial review of the work on Amazon from Donald Trump.

Stone has been associated with the real estate magnate for decades and was one of the earliest boosters in Trump’s unlikely rise to the White House in 2016.

Stone’s tough rebuke of Barbara Bush is contrary to the prevailing sentiments that have overflowed on social media and beyond after her death Tuesday evening, with most choosing to remember the former first lady more fondly.

I wonder if Low Energy Jeb! (please clap) is going to defend his mom from what Stone said. Probably not.

Many older folks I know. Their “healthy diet” to living to their 90s is a sixer and a pack of reds.