• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bob Woodward's New Book - Fear: Trump in the White House

The Op ED and the Book don't really tell anyone anything new. Anyone can tell from Trump's speaking and tweets that he isn't very knowledgeable
about a lot of things. Is that OK in a President? I believe it hurts the country and shows conservatives are really more concerned about having
power than having a President that is competent and in the best interests of the country. Fake Patriots.

No, I'm more concerned about not having someone who's going to institute a slew of new entitlements and federal takeovers of private industry, and grow the massive behemoth that is the federal government even more. I would vote for a slug for president to prevent that.

Because yes, I am a patriot who cares about the limited government principles this country was founded on.

The 1 / 2 am childish tweets. The constant flip flopping over various issues. The crazy factless rants he goes on etc etc. On a side note there were some conservative outbursts in the hearing as well.

You calling his tweets childish doesn't make his behavior erratic, so just examples of this constant flip flopping and factless rants would be good.

The Op ED and the Book don't really tell anyone anything new. Anyone can tell from Trump's speaking and tweets that he isn't very knowledgeable
about a lot of things. Is that OK in a President? I believe it hurts the country and shows conservatives are really more concerned about having
power than having a President that is competent and in the best interests of the country. Fake Patriots.

Maybe I'll pay attention to you when you're able to admit and condemn the liberals in congress of being more concerned about having power too.

Yes, some **** like that. So you actually believe Trump doesn't like veterans who have been captured.

I believe he doesn’t have the sensibility and impulse control to resist saying and doing stupid ******* ****. I believe, more than ever, that it was a ******* stupid idea to vote for such a person.

This is a huge “I told you so!”. Time to grow up and admit you ****** up.

I believe he doesn’t have the sensibility and impulse control to resist saying and doing stupid ******* ****. I believe, more than ever, that it was a ******* stupid idea to vote for such a person.

Right, because the country would be in such great shape if Hillary was president. :rolleyes2:

I don't know. I'm pretty happy with the way things are turning out. The fact that you can't stand the guy is of little consequence to me

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Right, because the country would be in such great shape if Hillary was president. :rolleyes2:

Because things were so bad under Bill? If nothing more, I’m quite certain her own administration wouldn’t be scrambling to keep her from doing something catastrophic while trying to reassure the country with anonymous op-eds.

Because things were so bad under Bill? If nothing more, I’m quite certain her own administration wouldn’t be scrambling to keep her from doing something catastrophic while trying to reassure the country with anonymous op-eds.

They'd be happily helping her have the federal government take over everything from healthcare to higher education to Wall Street. Yeah, that would be catastrophic.

Yeah, because a spouse may be adept at something, that automatically means the same for them. Sound logic. Were you sleeping through Benghazi, the email fiasco & all the horror stories from former Secret Service agents about her? Hell, even liberals I know absolutely despise that vile human being. She would've been an absolute disaster for this country and I know people all over (perhaps even ones who have TDS) thank god she never became President.

I do take issue with that. But that said, for far too long, the media has gotten away with using anonymous sources. Almost everything in print and on the net is anonymously sourced. Hell, a media source can pretty much print anything they want and credit it to “sources.” I think that kind of **** is pretty irresponsible given the power the press in this country has.
The attack on the press is dangerous. Trying to force a news organization to out a source so they can be punished by the government. C'mon Sarge I know you don't believe that. You served. Is that what you fought for?

The attack on the press is dangerous. Trying to force a news organization to out a source so they can be punished by the government. C'mon Sarge I know you don't believe that. You served. Is that what you fought for?

Did you read my post? I agree he shouldn’t be doing that. But the media has a responsibility. My point is that by constantly using anonymous sources, they can make up whatever **** they want and I publish it without consequence because they don’t have to name the source of their article. It’s a fine line they are walking, and I think I f you are gonna drop a “bomb shell” report, your source should have the sack to put his or her name on it. If not, forgive me if I view it with skepticism. The media has to earn trust and they have burned that bridge many times over.

The press doesn't get to do whatever they want without consequences. That's not what freedom of the press means. They definitely are not used to being held accountable. It's funny. They are like a spoiled child spending the night at a normal house.

The press doesn't get to do whatever they want without consequences. That's not what freedom of the press means. .

This is what I am saying. They all get caught in lie after sensational lie. The lie is front page. The correction never gets heard or seen. Yes, Trump lies. Yes the media lies. They all lie. And they hide behind anonymous sources. It’s bullshit. We should demand more from our media and our politicians. I know for me it has reached a point that whether it’s congress, the president or the media that I don’t know how anyone defends any of it.

I mean, I recently posted an article here that used “sources familiar with Trump’s thinking.” It quoted none of those “sources,” yet people read it as fact. Give me a ******* break.

Then on top of it all the press doubles down on the lies when we all (almost) know they're full of ****. Dont piss down my back and tell me its raining.

I'm not speaking about the book, or the article there grade 10 boy. I'm saying you are comfortable living in a country where your president demands journalists turn over names so he can throw the entire weight of the government against them because he didnt linke what they said.

Obama wiretapped reporters. Trump criticized reporters, but Trump is the dictator.

Trump wants to throw the weight of the government against the source of the leek of his own administration. That is not criticizing reporters.
and lets all get one thing straight. If you think the NY Times fabricated a high level person in the Trump Administration to write the Op Ed. You are ******. You just cannot come to grips with the fact that your man is over his head, stupid, arrogant and unqualified. Even when his own people say it over and over.

Trump wants to throw the weight of the government against the source of the leek of his own administration. That is not criticizing reporters.
and lets all get one thing straight. If you think the NY Times fabricated a high level person in the Trump Administration to write the Op Ed. You are ******. You just cannot come to grips with the fact that your man is over his head, stupid, arrogant and unqualified. Even when his own people say it over and over.

And I say that if you are telling the truth, come out and stand by your story. I mean, this is heavy stuff. Stand by your story. You aren’t Mysterion, the masked crime fighter. Grow a set. You said it. Own it.

And to me, this is the problem. This whole thing is anonymous. It could be anyone anywhere making **** up, or it could be a high ranking Trump Whitehouse official. We don’t know since it’s anonymous. I don’t know how anyone accepts **** like that as fact.

Watch Pajama Boy dance.

giphy.gif

A. The president has 100% constitutional right to find anyone in his administration working counter to him on the sly... these aren’t elected officials, they are appointed directly by the president or indirrectly by his appointees....

And the NY times has in the recent past concocted and embellished stories exactly like this and were caught... its not some grand conspiracy theory... its why anonymous sources have little credibility these days

They'd be happily helping her have the federal government take over everything from healthcare to higher education to Wall Street. Yeah, that would be catastrophic.

The federal government she left with a surplus and declining debt the first time she was in the White House? An argument that is a hypothetical what might have been isn’t an argument at all.

The federal government she left with a surplus and declining debt the first time she was in the White House? An argument that is a hypothetical what might have been isn’t an argument at all.

And what policies did she install that lead to that successful reign?